Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
they aren't god botherers and if they are they're the finest of american god botherers.
If some long haired chap with a beard turned up advocating turning the other cheek, free healthcare and redistribution of wealth; all of these god fearing christians(yeah right) would be lining up to nail him to a bit of timber somewhere.
These people are emotionally stunted, intellectually helpless and quite literally the scum of the earth, be very thankful for where you live. I know I am.
Oh I am, we have to put up with a considerable amount of crap in our daily lives but at least we donít have to be face to face with apologist for terrorist murderers like GK1 and RR

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what, for example?
I can see that an event can cause other events, but what caused the first event?
Some quantum events have no cause. They just happen. Particles (and antiparticles) pop into and out of existence continuously. Any given ejection of an electron during radioactive decay is also uncaused. Nothing causes that particular electron to eject, it's just random.

I'm not a physicist, so I am unable to go into detail. There's also something about quantum scalar fields that are uncaused and that the universe may have come about b/c of one, but I don't really understand that.

You can check this page for some very interesting ideas (although it has math):

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31054

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
An established scientist you say?
Wow!!
That means: Goddidit!! With magic!
Orangelion believes the world was created in 1412 or so. It was only three years later that Henry V defeated the French at Agincourt.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind that the Bible isn't a biology book. It's an historical account of what God does & how He works, not "how" He did it.
It's a guidebook to knowing God, like a driver's ed book is a guide to driving - it doesn't teach you "how" the car works, just how to use it.
So, no, the Bible can't answer those questions. But it also won't teach you how to tie your shoes or make pancakes, either...
You are the one who compared it to theory. If it is theory, you should be able to draw hypotheses from it and test them - but, as you write above, it's not very good at that.

Anyways, from my point of view, your Bible is just a book of myths, similar to any other religion's book of myths, with equal evidence to back them up.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>+1

Double Fine likes nailing beavers
Dave a tree.

Eat a beaver.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>+1

Double Fine likes nailing beavers
Save

Not Dave.

I don't know why autocorrect would do that.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant 7'000 or 6'000 years ago lol.
Maybe it's not your fault.

It could have been a misprint in your Delusion magazine.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Think of this.

Something that just existed for all eternity... Come now man, you are smarter than that.
No he's not.
Orangelion

Hawarden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real?!?
Of course animals are born with protein! Even plants are! Nothing living is not born with protein, nor develops without protein.
What a useless, meaningless comment.
I was pointing out the obvious for the sake of commenting. There is nothing wrong with what I said, of course it is common knowledge, everybody knows that about protein, what are you on about now?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a kid, you make statements of assumptions and illogical conclusions.
You make the assumption that what you label as science is testable, observable and able to be reproduced.
None of that applies to evolution, abiogenesis or the scientific age of the earth.
Computers and the internet are testable, observable and able to be reproduced. You of course are willing to use them to spread your bronze age fairy stories that science is not testable, observable and able to be reproduced. Your hypocrisy is overwhelming

Evolution is verified and proven. The theory explains it

The age of the earth is proven to with a small fraction of a percentage point accuracy

As far as I know abiogenesis is not verifiable proven yet but science is close.

Goddidit is not

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>If you communicate with booots long enough you will SOON discover that something is NOT right in his cebral cortex. I have shown him serveral times over tangible archaeology artifacts that have been established to support the scriptures and he constantly comes back with,'no they don't.' Thus calling the artifact a lie
the archaeologists and researchers as all liars, and disputes what has been ESTABLISHED as a proven fact.
something is VERY wrong with people like boooots who can't face the facts.

He is a hardcore scoffer and no matter how much evidence you show him, he never acknowledges it.
ever.

so he is what the bible labels as "already dead" spiritually.
You are already dead mentally.
Orangelion

Hawarden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Some quantum events have no cause. They just happen. Particles (and antiparticles) pop into and out of existence continuously. Any given ejection of an electron during radioactive decay is also uncaused. Nothing causes that particular electron to eject, it's just random.
I'm not a physicist, so I am unable to go into detail. There's also something about quantum scalar fields that are uncaused and that the universe may have come about b/c of one, but I don't really understand that.
You can check this page for some very interesting ideas (although it has math):
http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31054
Your not a physicist? How are you able to boast superiority then over everyone else? especially people 2-3 times your age at least!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>"another on"...whatever do you means? Why would we try to find the "Individual Retirement Account's" murder campaign, they were constructed to retire people, and murder is a harsh word, we prefer retiring.
It was not addressed to you you ignorant apologist for murder
Orangelion

Hawarden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he posted extremely stupid questions based on logical fallacies.
What logic flaws are they then sensitive heared? Point then out then.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Save
Not Dave.
I don't know why autocorrect would do that.
Sure. Blame it on Dave... Everyone else does!
Orangelion

Hawarden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha!
I obviously meant 6'000-7'000 years, I even claimed it myself that is was a typo. You obviously can't find anything real to back yourself up so you find crap to spout out instead.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
ot...= to
Oh dear, did you f*ck up again. It must be so embarrassing for one as perfect as you. How do you cope with the embarrassment?

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural selection does NOT explain design. ie; where'd we all come from? HOW does life, consciousness, happen? Why does the sperm & egg CREATE a life? An individual with thought & emotion?
No, natural selection explains design. That's all natural selection does is explain design.

Natural selection is not abiogenesis. Those are separate theories. NS can tell you about human phylogeny, but it cannot tell you how life started.

Life happens b/c you take in equal or more energy than you expend, on average. Breathing helps.

Consciousness exists b/c humans are k-type species, highly social. Our universe is a social one. Your consciousness is an adaptation to keep you alive. It doesn't come close to governing most of your body, even though you can make your body do stuff.

Each sperm and egg contain half the parents' genomes. They combine and begin building an organism. The proteins align because of chemical gradients. Genes are switched on and off by controller genes called "HOX" genes. It's extremely complicated and very well worked out. Google it, I'm not going to explain it all here. Sorry.

Individuals are products of their environment + genetics. You developed within a certain environment and it cued your genes (they were responding to environmental input) to make you.

You're an encultured social animal. Your brain was "imprinted" with the culture and language you grew up in. You experience your culture as "normal and natural" and act as if your culture is a human universal (we all do this). Your experiences are cultural constructs, but they are also 100% real to you. Your - as in RR's - universe is a Christian universe, subjectively experienced as real and you mistakenly believe that it is objectively real for all people because of your enculturation.

It isn't. Other people in other cultures are encultured for their cultures and religions. They subjectively experience those as real and believe that their way of understanding the universe around them is normal and natural for all people.

These concepts are hard to grasp. Sorry if they are esoteric to you. Most people aren't used to thinking about their realities as learned, products of their social lives. We are adapted to treat our worldviews as if they were objectively real, so it's jarring to learn that they aren't. But they aren't. Sorry. I include myself in this, I'm human, too.

I am going to sleep now. It's quite late here. G'night!
Orangelion

Hawarden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, we all know that Hding is a kid, she has a 19 year older sister, River Tam, who is just as big a fool. But, we mustly laugh and ignore her, since she is way out in fool land and she has no paddle boat to get back to reality.
She wasn't much was she? LOL, she is a good joke for an adult.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
So the Earth just always was?
Either way you poke a stick at it, the Earth was created, my dear...
First, he was talking "specially created" by his deity just a few thousand years ago.

Second, no, the Earth formed out of an accretion disk. It wasn't created. The Earth is the end result of a process of planet formation - no designers needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

487 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 2 min Manithan 527
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Liam 533,271
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Holy dr Shrink 38,473
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 4 min cretin56 4,114
AMERICANS Wishes They Had Elected Mitt Romney 5 min andet1987 5
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 4,866
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Krackerjacks 115,461
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 224,511
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min MUQ1 256,837
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••