|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't god command these, or similar "things that transpired at the time"?
Why are you asking? I thought you thought God did not exist. You wouldn't be concerned you might be wrong, would you?

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good news!
You might also be interested to know that for the first time in our history, a majority would vote for an atheist for president.
That left us in shambles.
Another mess Christians will have to clean up.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your are arguing that elements do evolve? And stars spontaneously generate from nothing?And "living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars?

Very carefully I will tell you, no I didn't say this..

"stars spontaneously generate from nothing"

But I did say this...

"that elements do evolve"

Absolutely elements evolve from processes within stars and
when stars go super nova.
Also this....

""living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars"

Is a word salad.

Everything is made from the elements that were created in stars.
Life is assembled from them. I do not know exactly how life assembled itself, but we do know it evolved "independently"
From all other processes.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with numbers like those.
The factcheckers would bury you in your own bullshit.
The fact is, you are going to Hell. Once you're buried you'll find out I'm right.

You lie a lot, I've been keeping count.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your are arguing that elements do evolve? And stars spontaneously generate from nothing?And "living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars?
Aura Mythra isn't Hidingfromyou.

Personally, I wouldn't use the word "evolve" with regards to atoms. So...no, he didn't change his claim, I didn't change mine, you're confusing us as if we were one person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

HFy isn't me either but this could explain the evolution of matter to you.

http://www.nikhef.nl/pub/theory/academiclectu...
RickBlaine

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Uhm...the previous poster asked why molecules like Oxygen and Carbon don't evolve. The discussion, at that point, had nothing to do with the existence of God. Evolution doesn't actually prove or disprove God. Evolution is simply a tool to understand biological phenomena.
So I explained to Riverside what kind of system you need to have evolution. Evolution can only happen in systems that have: 1) inheritable traits, 2) variety in those traits, 3) scarce resources.
It's not an argument about God. It's not an argument about where atoms come from. It's just the required factors needed for a system that evolves.
Living organisms fit the requirements; they evolve.
But the kind of system you describe seems to require a Designer according to your description of it, wouldn't you say? Even to say that a system is required implies a system designer.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Studies of children of gay households reveal that the children are better adjusted, on average, then in other household situations.
"Adjusted?"

I've never met a kid raised in a gay household who was what anyone could describe as happy and/or well "adjusted".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura Mythra isn't Hidingfromyou.
Mytha.(See, nano? I'm correcting somebody in my "group.")

Mithra is the Zoroastrian divinity (yazata) of covenant and oath.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
HFy isn't me either but this could explain the evolution of matter to you.
http://www.nikhef.nl/pub/theory/academiclectu...
Hey thanks, I get it now.

But this one has me stumped: &#8594; &#945;+= &#1113090;1 + 2 7 8 &#1113091; &#945;B = 11 4 &#945;B

It's a quagmire.
RickBlaine

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Very carefully I will tell you, no I didn't say this..
"stars spontaneously generate from nothing"
But I did say this...
"that elements do evolve"
Absolutely elements evolve from processes within stars and
when stars go super nova.
Also this....
""living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars"
Is a word salad.
Everything is made from the elements that were created in stars.
Life is assembled from them. I do not know exactly how life assembled itself, but we do know it evolved "independently"
From all other processes.
You still have stars spontaneously generating. Else, where did they come from in order to be able to create the elements from which everything is made?

Word salad, indeed, and faith. You do not "know", but you know. Faith- the substance of things hoped for. But your faith is in spontaneous generation. Mine stands on firmer ground.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Adjusted?"
I've never met a kid raised in a gay household who was what anyone could describe as happy and/or well "adjusted".
I have.

And I've also met kids raised in heterosexual households who were not happy and/or well "adjusted."

But anecdotal stuff is not of much value.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
But the kind of system you describe seems to require a Designer according to your description of it, wouldn't you say? Even to say that a system is required implies a system designer.
No, I wouldn't say that. Why would you? What are your reasons for requiring a designer for any given system? Can you point to factors in the equation that require design?

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Adjusted?"
How many kids have you met who are well adjusted? How many kids from gay families do you know?

All the ones I've met were happy people - in fact, every single one. But that's a sampling error.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mytha.(See, nano? I'm correcting somebody in my "group.")
Mithra is the Zoroastrian divinity (yazata) of covenant and oath.
Oops, my bad. I thought Aura was that incarnation. How silly of me!

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have stars spontaneously generating. Else, where did they come from in order to be able to create the elements from which everything is made?
Word salad, indeed, and faith. You do not "know", but you know. Faith- the substance of things hoped for. But your faith is in spontaneous generation. Mine stands on firmer ground.
Stars do not "spontaneously" generate in that they are something from nothing. They are produced because of interactions with matter - lots and lots of matter - and gravity. It's only "spontaneous" in that the outcome of forces produces the star; stars are not made of nothing.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since, you claim to be science minded, void of the supernatural, why would you even insert your bias and ignorance into something beyond you.
What do you assume is beyond me? Your superstitious beliefs?
Yes. They are beyond any reason of actuality, and have no place trying to be incorporated there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass of anything , in the case of stars large volumes of hydrogen is electrostatically attracted together and with the process of accretion aided by gravity compresses it spherically until the mass is sufficient to exert enough gravitational force and pressure to start the process of nuclear fission. This btw is called stellar evolution , and the result is the birth of a star. This happens in nebula where gas is abundant and sufficient for the formation of stars. These are called stellar nursery's and yes this process is observed through telescopes.

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/science/birth...

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of aura, it's a field of subtle, luminous radiation surrounding a person.

Does Aura have an aura?

Aura went over the top for a bit. But I must say, Double Fine did a fine job of defusing the whole thing, and Aura showed himself to be a gentleman.

<Catcher bows to Aura>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no I'm not a pseudogod god or demigod.
Just a mere mortal with a curious mind. You however are a goddess
I'm sure of it :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

425 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Petesayke KI 115,031
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min dirty white boy- 599,068
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min pusherman_ 532,639
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Dave Nelson 224,113
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min seriously the original 5,231
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 51 min MUQ1 36,504
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 256,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,345
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Naveen kumar 4,629
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr bbbbbb 73
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 9 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••