Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549263 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're inferring a creation event by your deity. That alone tells me your inference is a human fiction.
After all, why your religion and not someone else's?
Yes, yes, I know, I know. "the one true god" argument. Baby, all believers "know" they have the one true god - all believers in every religion.
Next, you'll tell me some miracles and myths that demonstrate your religion, or you'll produce numbers of believers. Neither of those cut it, either.
So do something original instead, please :)
My one request :)
:)
First off, I said nothing about my God. I simply said "Creation".

Second, I've posed many times that I believe pretty much all deities are God, in one form or another, interpreted one way or another. I don't think God really cares what you call Him, as long as you worship Him.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#549264 Oct 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What source, energy, the universe, the stars, my mother ovaries?
One reason to reject any god is knowing. Knowing than no omnipotent entity cannot exist in this universe at the same time at matter – you are matter
Another reason is personal analysis of known facts
Another reason is scientific analyses of known facts
Another is not being subject to self delusion
Another is not being subject to mass delusion
you're deflecting my original concern with nonsense.

may i ask you again: have you personally 'examined the Lamb of God' through prayerfully and meditatively reading the 4 Gospels?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549265 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How much research have you done into these questions?
If none, which I suspect, you should start now.
About 600 or 700 years worth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549266 Oct 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions are testimony to the damage that your religion does to people, including you.
Then, by that account, would the ACTS of the people he's describing be testimony to the damage that having no religion causes?
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549267 Oct 11, 2012
Evolution and the big bang theory isn't proper science, proper science is based on theories, and aren't deemed 100% They are based on tested accurate theories, atheistic butchering of science isn't science itself. You can't discredit an 84 year old man finding overwhelming evidence for creation.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549268 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you weren't into physics.
No, I do physics.

She's blonde :)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#549269 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just curious as to how/why a life form evolves but the elements that make up that life form doesn't.
A hate putting like this, but the best "answer" I can provide is borrowed from your question...

Elements aren't alive.

Even the most basic and simple life form isn't comprised of any single element.

If what you're asking is "How did life get started?"... well, that is *THE* question, isn't it?

<shrugs>

The difference between "how" and "why" is subtle... however, it's worth mentioning that science generally deals with "how" questions whereas "why" is something of a more philosophical/subjective pursuit.

Not trying to say we have all of them, but answers to "how" questions are obtainable and testable. "Why" is something no one may be able to answer to another's satisfaction. It's up to the questioner to accept or decline whatever opinions are given. In many cases, one already knows what one wants to hear and "how" answers do nothing for them but get in the way of the response they're looking for... so, those answers get disregarded.

In any case... how and/or why life got started on this planet (or anywhere else) is a little outside the realm of my interest... and even if it wasn't, there are posters here able to provide insight outstripping anything I could contribute. >>> HFY is likely your best bet, IMO... for what it's worth.

Back to your question (my interest in it)...

Evolution (the meaning of the word) is applicable in areas other than biology. I personally wouldn't use it in discussion pertaining to something like nuclear fusion... but, then again, that's the very process that powers stars... and stars do evolve. The phrase “stellar evolution” is 100% valid even though most of us don't consider stars as “alive”... not in a biological sense.

Hydrogen is the primordial element from which everything else is built. Stars accomplish it through brute force. Their enormous mass/gravity drives the process of fusion in their cores. In essence... they force two hydrogen atoms (their nuclei) to occupy the same space. The axiom “two objects can't occupy the same place at the same time” is applicable. Something has to give. Two hydrogen atoms are fused into a single helium atom. The mass of the “new” helium atom is less than that of total mass the two original hydrogen atoms. So... where does the mass go?

Metaphorically... one can say it was “squeezed” out.

The missing mass is converted to energy... sunshine/starlight >>> Think “Einstein”.

Once all the hydrogen is fused into helium, depending on the star's mass, the process repeats with helium, then lithium, then carbon... etc, etc, etc,...*releasing* energy throughout each sequence... all the way up to iron.

Iron is said to be “at the bottom of the fusion hill”. Everything “wants” to be iron; wants to “roll down the hill”.

Stars release energy as the matter they consist of “rolls down the hill”.

Stars can't fuse iron into heavier elements as described above because energy must be *putt into* the process. At that point in a star's “life”, if it has sufficient mass (not too little, not too much), it ceases to release energy via fusion... gravity takes over, completely. The star collapses because there's no outward pressure to sustain its volume. Once again... two/objects/same place/same time... something's gotta give >>> BOOM!

Some of the energy from supernovae is stored in the form of elements heavier than iron. They were literally “crushed” into existence. They too “want” to be iron >>> they get pushed “up the fusion hill” during supernovae and want to roll back down.

We call it radioactive decay.

'Zat help?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#549270 Oct 11, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh huh. The Roman theocracy certainly was the most lavish and documented elaborators of factual obfuscation in history.
i guarantee that i dislike more than you do, how rome hi-jacked the 'church' and forced its paganized version of it on the world!

God, however, Who is faithful to all generations, is able to keep His Word pristine enough so that YOU too can 'examine the Lamb of God' to see if you've been counted worthy to enjoy eternal life with Him in all His glory.....

Since: Oct 12

Ajax, Canada

#549271 Oct 11, 2012
Prove theres a God? Our creators proof is EVERYWHERE... his wisdom is all over.

The creator created the heavens and the earth with his words...." BE " , now if there was a Big Bang , that was the Big Bang. The earth is the 3rd planet from the sun , had it been the second planet if would have been to hot for life, had it been the fourth planet it would be too cold.

Sun for the morning , Moon for night. Theres reasons for EVERYTHING.

You think it is a fluke that animals around us so many of them are given such unbelievable attributes ... such as their offense and defense.

How is it a fluke that butterflies are given as their defense EYES patterns on their wings to scare predators , how are porcupines given needles as their defense as a fluke? how is the turtles given a shell to hide in as his defense?
how is the skunk given his smell ( spray ) to use as his defense ? how is the elephant given his size and tusks? how is are the birds given their wings and patterns? how are lions , tigers given special attributes , teeth , claws , and their color as one of their defense , cheetah given his unmatched speed.
The ones that we might think have no use , have a use we do not now of, its not for our brain to reach that thought. Last , us humans were given something aswell... Our mind.

How are plants , trees , given such fruits and vegetables for humans to use as food , strength. Did any of you even research or observe these fruits? and what benefits they have for you ? HOW is this all all accident? a mistake ? a fluke?

I can go on forever , how is it the penis is perfectly created for the vagina to they can interact , and the feeling the man gets when he releases , is there any other feeling like that? what is that feeling for ? why are their billions of humans , men , and woman now starting from 2 people.

Sorry to their freaks that will call me out thinking im crazy but , sorry guys , its too much. The rain , the thunder the fire the earth , the trees , the cells , everything too much reason for Gods existance , and so many all around us are so deep we do now even know. Just because god does not answer you does not mean he has not heard you. We worship him , not the t.v or the iphone or the video games. We need to snap out of fantasy land and realize what our purpose is.

Btw did you guys wonder why the creator CHOSE the sphere ? its up in the sky , the sun , moon , earth , and in our bodies the tiniest particle in living things are sphere too, so why did he choose this shape? I Think its the wisest shape of all for him to use. IS there any starting point on a sphere? try finding where the starting point is , if I give you a cube you might tell me and have possibilities , but a sphere you cannot , IT HAS NO START and no END , like GOD who has no start and no end.... HES INFINITE!

if you study that shape , it will show you how his existance is , its too complex . Just one of his simple genius thoughts that our mind cannot even reach to the level of thinking.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#549275 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Every single one of your posts had:

1. basic spelling errors - like the other resident troll on here, Sir Doc/Gatekeeper/liarboy
2. basic grammatical errors bespeaking a poor mind
3. logical fallacies
4. gross and unending ignorance
5. misrepresentations of science

You're basically dishonest - you've already admitted to lying to see how I'd respond, which makes you both a liar and a manipulator - and, since you have no working knowledge of science whatsoever, your gross claims about it are yet more dishonesty.

What does it feel like to be such a lowlife?
One thing you can also tell from his posts is that he is angry. He types fast and he hits "post" fast because he is angry and in a hurry to make his reply. There is no time for proof reading.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#549276 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no excuse! TO say "57 states".....????
There is no excuse but there is a REASON.

HE. MADE. A. MISTAKE.

That is what people do sometimes- MAKE MISTAKES.

My GOD! You attempt to use THE most ineffective ammo against people and ammo that is USELESS!

He made a friggin' mistake- ACCEPT it for what it WAS- a MISTAKE.

Talk about cocky- to hear you, one would think you are PERFECT and that you have NEVER uttered anything stupid.

Of course, those on this thread know better......

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549278 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Like what, for example?

I can see that an event can cause other events, but what caused the first event?
Look up virtual particles.

You do have Internet access somewhere, don't you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549279 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your view is skewed period, since you have no concept of God or a deity.
She has numerous concepts of god and deities.

She just doesn't believe any of them are real.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549280 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you can also tell from his posts is that he is angry. He types fast and he hits "post" fast because he is angry and in a hurry to make his reply. There is no time for proof reading.
Yes, it is correct that I am angry, but you can almost feel the girls blatant stubborness and arragonce, she is against the holy word of God.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549281 Oct 11, 2012
God must be screaming to you saying, "I EXIST DO EXIST I DO LOOK EVERYWHERE PLEASE LOOK I DO EXIST", because how tragically you dismiss him. You are doing such a terrible thing.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549282 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are an adult, then you are mentally incapable, resort to the mental institute just down the road, contact, and request for them to pick you up and lock you away.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549283 Oct 11, 2012
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
A hate putting like this, but the best "answer" I can provide is borrowed from your question...
Elements aren't alive.
Even the most basic and simple life form isn't comprised of any single element.
If what you're asking is "How did life get started?"... well, that is *THE* question, isn't it?
<shrugs>
The difference between "how" and "why" is subtle... however, it's worth mentioning that science generally deals with "how" questions whereas "why" is something of a more philosophical/subjective pursuit.
Not trying to say we have all of them, but answers to "how" questions are obtainable and testable. "Why" is something no one may be able to answer to another's satisfaction. It's up to the questioner to accept or decline whatever opinions are given. In many cases, one already knows what one wants to hear and "how" answers do nothing for them but get in the way of the response they're looking for... so, those answers get disregarded.
In any case... how and/or why life got started on this planet (or anywhere else) is a little outside the realm of my interest... and even if it wasn't, there are posters here able to provide insight outstripping anything I could contribute. >>> HFY is likely your best bet, IMO... for what it's worth.
Back to your question (my interest in it)...
Evolution (the meaning of the word) is applicable in areas other than biology. I personally wouldn't use it in discussion pertaining to something like nuclear fusion... but, then again, that's the very process that powers stars... and stars do evolve. The phrase “stellar evolution” is 100% valid even though most of us don't consider stars as “alive”... not in a biological sense.
Hydrogen is the primordial element from which everything else is built. Stars accomplish it through brute force. Their enormous mass/gravity drives the process of fusion in their cores. In essence... they force two hydrogen atoms (their nuclei) to occupy the same space. The axiom “two objects can't occupy the same place at the same time” is applicable. Something has to give. Two hydrogen atoms are fused into a single helium atom. The mass of the “new” helium atom is less than that of total mass the two original hydrogen atoms. So... where does the mass go?
Metaphorically... one can say it was “squeezed” out.
The missing mass is converted to energy... sunshine/starlight >>> Think “Einstein”.
Once all the hydrogen is fused into helium, depending on the star's mass, the process repeats with helium, then lithium, then carbon... etc, etc, etc,...*releasing* energy throughout each sequence... all the way up to iron.
Iron is said to be “at the bottom of the fusion hill”. Everything “wants” to be iron; wants to “roll down the hill”.
Stars release energy as the matter they consist of “rolls down the hill”.
Stars can't fuse iron into heavier elements as described above because energy must be *putt into* the process. At that point in a star's “life”, if it has sufficient mass (not too little, not too much), it ceases to release energy via fusion... gravity takes over, completely. The star collapses because there's no outward pressure to sustain its volume. Once again... two/objects/same place/same time... something's gotta give >>> BOOM!
Some of the energy from supernovae is stored in the form of elements heavier than iron. They were literally “crushed” into existence. They too “want” to be iron >>> they get pushed “up the fusion hill” during supernovae and want to roll back down.
We call it radioactive decay.
'Zat help?
Ya mon! Cool shit!

As far as the philosophical "how and why" being intertwined is very important, I think.

I know we're heading in the right direction, scientifically but I think we need to keep philosophy involved.

To say we know "how", but not "why" suggests that we might not know how the "how" or the "why" really works, no?

I'm eating a ham sandwich. I made it myself.
-how?
With a knife, bread & ham.
-why?
<shrug>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549284 Oct 11, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>There is no excuse but there is a REASON.
HE. MADE. A. MISTAKE.
That is what people do sometimes- MAKE MISTAKES.
My GOD! You attempt to use THE most ineffective ammo against people and ammo that is USELESS!
He made a friggin' mistake- ACCEPT it for what it WAS- a MISTAKE.
Talk about cocky- to hear you, one would think you are PERFECT and that you have NEVER uttered anything stupid.
Of course, those on this thread know better......
A.HUGE.MISTAKE.THAT.A.PRESITEN TIAL.CANDIDATE.SHOULD.NOT.MAKE !
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549285 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, are you mentally damaged and incapable of understanding a joke?
Let's pretend I was that much of a prude and super naive and 15 and all that - wow, you're a complete jerk! Look at how you treat young, naive girls! What the hell is wrong with you?
Why are you this insecure???
Thats your best defense? You can't defend your self then? You can't provide proof? Just blind insults? You have said a lot of useless unsalted insults that can't harm someone even too years younger than your own age.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#549286 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you saying that you are not into people, only animals, like pigs and dogs.
Good to know, I will keep my pets away from you.
Since, I am into humans, animals are all yours.
Feel better now?
I am also not into your siblings, so you should be relieved on that point too.
Your sibling is all yours.
Now, run along, your dog is barking.
So, I'm correct... you DO have a crush on RR.

---

What happened to you, dude?

Whatever it was, it was obviously profoundly painful.

Your religion ain't helping, not one bit... just look at the state your mind's in.

Just about all you ever do is belittle others. If you really had the peace and the security and the happiness and all that's supposed to come from your god... you wouldn't feel the need to be so vitriolic and vindictive.

Riverside, though I don't believe as he does, is worthy of respect. He pokes fun at others and says some pretty outrageous things... but, I sincerely *don't* think he means any real harm.

What is it with you? Are you afraid Heaven might not have enough room for you? You're doing all you can to drive others away from your god so there will be room?

You do realize?...

With just about every post you make, you give people another reason to turn away from your god.

If your god and the Bible god are the same god... and assuming "He" exists... how do you think he's gonna deal with you for "stealing" souls from "Him" and giving them to your Satan?

You're just freekin' creepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 min WasteWater 2,032
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 6 min Diderot 6
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min Toby 105,572
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min here 48,397
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 52 min Frank Merton 445,709
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min WelbyMD 281,240
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 646,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web