Prove there's a god.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549237 Oct 11, 2012
God is meant to exist, he has a meaning. How can a quantum explosion suddenly appear? Because it is random? I am sorry but having know rules doesn't mean anything can happen. It means there is nothing to make something happen. What happens when there is no force pushing, pulling, or stopping a pencil, it doesn't move because no force is making it move. You have no proof to back up the quantum idea, where did this hellium and hydrogen come from to form the big bang?
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549239 Oct 11, 2012
I have for now disproved both evolution through natural selection, and the big bang.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#549240 Oct 11, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you date them that old? Maybe your lying, because you are contradicting what I said before. Also, an 84 year old atheist had finally become a creationist because of the overwhelming evidence. And what about that quote from richard dawkin? "I cannot prove, but I still believe... Is a result of natural selection", he can't prove but he still believes? Is he mad?
Oh my dearest honey bitch I do not lie. I hope you realise you god watches everything you do and say. You may not agree with what I say but that’s does not mean I am lying it just means you have been hoodwinked by the goddidit story

Wrong, an 84 year old atheist became a creationist because that’s what he believes, not the overwhelming evidence

What about one out of context and selectively edited quote from one scientist? I believe he was actually talking about his desk. What about the other 100s of thousands

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#549241 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a bit more than a "stupid mistake"...
If you can't admit to that, you're showing how either cocky or ignorant you are.
No- it was NOT a bit more than a stupid mistake and YOU are an IDIOT if you honestly think Obama did not know how many states there are.

It WAS a stupid mistake, it was a gaffe and that is ALL it was.

And every single person who voted for him KNEW that then and they KNOW that now.

I am neither cocky OR ignorant; however, unlike YOU, I accept REALITY and part of that reality being that ALL people make STUPID mistakes and gaffes numerous times over the course of their lives.

It's called being HUMAN.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#549242 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken. Your religion is not comparable to science. It is not a testable thing.

Science is a tool to understand the world around us. The most powerful tool we have yet produced, but it is not worthy of your worship or your faith. It's just a tool, RR.
Some of it is testable. The Red Sea parting has been tested. Prayer has been tested...

Science IS a tool, I agree. A lot of it makes sensee, too. I just can't wrap my head around all the theoretical guesswork that happens. I think some scientists have an agenda & it distorts their views & findings.

To purposefully misquote Gandhi: "I like your science, I just don't like your scientists. They are so unlike your science."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#549243 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why?

Why can't you simply say that Obama f*cled ip big time on that one? There's no defending it. As an American & especially as an American running for PRESIDENT, he should know how many states are in America.

Even if "he meant 47"... He said he's got 1 or 2 left to go. Either way you crack it, it doesn't add up to 50 states....

He's a dumb ass & a terrible president & you voted for him...
I'll bet you voted for Bush.

Both times.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549244 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but it's inproven & still used as a model to "explain" the beginning of the universe...

There's flaw in that thinking.
Got a better explanation?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#549245 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>With your dyslexia, are you sure that you did not post "EGNISHL", when you meant E N G L I S H .
By the way, since it is clear that you do not know, it is C O U N S E L O R.
Now, once again, what is a "dear butt breath", perhaps you meant. This, my dear butt breath, was the very first time you have ever attempted to correct YOUR errors.
No, your disease, your disease, your excuse, not disability I thought at once you were a child, making childish mistakes, 5 year old type, but now I must conclude that you are just an adult idiot, making 5 year old mistakes.
Nope, to get rid of your anger, stand on your head and piss in your mouth, that is phase two. If you had piss in your mouth, then you would not spew such crap and dung.
Now, go back to nursery school, so you can finish soon, the kids are complaining that you keep breaking the chairs.
MY suggestion is when trying to correct a BRITISH ENGLISH spelling you use a BRITISH ENGLISH dictionary

Surely you know British English, that’s the one that your bastardized monstrosity of a language was derived from before it was bastardised by illiterate fools.

I give you notice that from this point forward I refuse to speak to an apologist for murdering terrorist. So I guess you had better change you socks again.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549246 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, are you mentally damaged and incapable of understanding a joke?

Let's pretend I was that much of a prude and super naive and 15 and all that - wow, you're a complete jerk! Look at how you treat young, naive girls! What the hell is wrong with you?

Why are you this insecure???
He's afraid of death.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#549247 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of it is testable. The Red Sea parting has been tested. Prayer has been tested...
Science IS a tool, I agree. A lot of it makes sensee, too. I just can't wrap my head around all the theoretical guesswork that happens. I think some scientists have an agenda & it distorts their views & findings.
To purposefully misquote Gandhi: "I like your science, I just don't like your scientists. They are so unlike your science."
PRAYER has been "tested"? Oh PUH-lease.

And listen- stop misquoting Gandhi- you have NO clue as to what his views were on science.

You just can't STAND that he was SPOT on regarding the majority of Christians when he said:

"I like your Christ. But I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ".

Your misquote is not at all clever or witty and while what Gandhi actually DID say about Christians makes sense- your misquote makes NO sense at all.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549249 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, since we have established that you are a 15 year old kid who wants to be 16, now suddenly you try to make him a kid. Nope, the two kids here are Tam and you. Your comments are pretty lame, you do sound like a "flat earth thinking" kid, but I think you embarass 15 year olds, so perhaps you are screaming that you are 14.
Your desperation is showing.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#549250 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>" Your hand was produced by natural selection, not chance"

How do you know & what makes you think what you "know" is correct? Unfallable?
She's done the legwork.

You haven't.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549253 Oct 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my dearest honey bitch I do not lie. I hope you realise you god watches everything you do and say. You may not agree with what I say but that’s does not mean I am lying it just means you have been hoodwinked by the goddidit story
Wrong, an 84 year old atheist became a creationist because that’s what he believes, not the overwhelming evidence
What about one out of context and selectively edited quote from one scientist? I believe he was actually talking about his desk. What about the other 100s of thousands
Where did you get that story about the 84 year old man? Overwhelming evidence is what I right.

Besides, I am not a bitch lol, I am obviously make LOL

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#549256 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It really and truly is amazing. Totally there with you.
I just don't see the reason to imbue it with divinity - we humans have spirituality. No need to give it away!
Yep, my spirituality is VERY subjective. I'm not going to spout it out as the truth... It's more like a feeling that I get when I think about the universe and it's simplicity and complexity.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549257 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, since we have established that you are a 15 year old kid who wants to be 16, now suddenly you try to make him a kid. Nope, the two kids here are Tam and you. Your comments are pretty lame, you do sound like a "flat earth thinking" kid, but I think you embarass 15 year olds, so perhaps you are screaming that you are 14.
I was starting to think she speaks like a 14 year old too. And I bet she looks up to her 19 year old sister as an adult, she probably looks up to her as if she is a big girl, she is incredibly young.

She is playing with the big boys now isn't she?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549260 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, natural selection explains design. That's all natural selection does is explain design.
Natural selection is not abiogenesis. Those are separate theories. NS can tell you about human phylogeny, but it cannot tell you how life started.
Life happens b/c you take in equal or more energy than you expend, on average. Breathing helps.
Consciousness exists b/c humans are k-type species, highly social. Our universe is a social one. Your consciousness is an adaptation to keep you alive. It doesn't come close to governing most of your body, even though you can make your body do stuff.
Each sperm and egg contain half the parents' genomes. They combine and begin building an organism. The proteins align because of chemical gradients. Genes are switched on and off by controller genes called "HOX" genes. It's extremely complicated and very well worked out. Google it, I'm not going to explain it all here. Sorry.
Individuals are products of their environment + genetics. You developed within a certain environment and it cued your genes (they were responding to environmental input) to make you.
You're an encultured social animal. Your brain was "imprinted" with the culture and language you grew up in. You experience your culture as "normal and natural" and act as if your culture is a human universal (we all do this). Your experiences are cultural constructs, but they are also 100% real to you. Your - as in RR's - universe is a Christian universe, subjectively experienced as real and you mistakenly believe that it is objectively real for all people because of your enculturation.
It isn't. Other people in other cultures are encultured for their cultures and religions. They subjectively experience those as real and believe that their way of understanding the universe around them is normal and natural for all people.
These concepts are hard to grasp. Sorry if they are esoteric to you. Most people aren't used to thinking about their realities as learned, products of their social lives. We are adapted to treat our worldviews as if they were objectively real, so it's jarring to learn that they aren't. But they aren't. Sorry. I include myself in this, I'm human, too.
I am going to sleep now. It's quite late here. G'night!
I know how babies are made... Sorry, but you didn't need to get into all that.

I asked where does our consciousness come from? Our life? Science hasn't figured that out yet.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549261 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First, he was talking "specially created" by his deity just a few thousand years ago.
Second, no, the Earth formed out of an accretion disk. It wasn't created. The Earth is the end result of a process of planet formation - no designers needed.
If you say so.

G'night!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549262 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd also been up for a couple of days straight.
That's no excuse! TO say "57 states".....????

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#549263 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're inferring a creation event by your deity. That alone tells me your inference is a human fiction.
After all, why your religion and not someone else's?
Yes, yes, I know, I know. "the one true god" argument. Baby, all believers "know" they have the one true god - all believers in every religion.
Next, you'll tell me some miracles and myths that demonstrate your religion, or you'll produce numbers of believers. Neither of those cut it, either.
So do something original instead, please :)
My one request :)
:)
First off, I said nothing about my God. I simply said "Creation".

Second, I've posed many times that I believe pretty much all deities are God, in one form or another, interpreted one way or another. I don't think God really cares what you call Him, as long as you worship Him.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#549264 Oct 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What source, energy, the universe, the stars, my mother ovaries?
One reason to reject any god is knowing. Knowing than no omnipotent entity cannot exist in this universe at the same time at matter – you are matter
Another reason is personal analysis of known facts
Another reason is scientific analyses of known facts
Another is not being subject to self delusion
Another is not being subject to mass delusion
you're deflecting my original concern with nonsense.

may i ask you again: have you personally 'examined the Lamb of God' through prayerfully and meditatively reading the 4 Gospels?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 653,513
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min LAWEST100 618,724
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Hukt on Fonix 63,086
Straight/Gay Question 23 min ians185 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min onemale 281,802
'Good Morning America' anchor uses slur 1 hr every troll here ... 4
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr gundee123 787
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web