“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#548853 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems some people are arrogant enough to say that they "know"...
Gatekeeper doesn't know what s/he's talking about. S/he doesn't understand the math involved and is just making it up. S/he won't be able to point you to a scientific reference for his/her claims - s/he could only point to a creationist site for such fake numbers.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548854 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, but you know it goes both ways on the bad parent subject.
I'm not that bigoted where I'll say that all gays are bad parents, I'm sure a lot of them are decent people.
I DO believe, though, that it gay parents can't give a child a moral compass of mom/dad. They can't. It's either 2 men or 2 women. I believe that the child will grow up a little confused & would possible choose to be gay, also.
Studies of children of gay households reveal that the children are better adjusted, on average, then in other household situations.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#548855 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where there's a left, there's always a right....
"Two therapists who try to turn gay people straight, along with a student who says he was successfully converted to heterosexuality, are suing nearly two dozen California state officials, including Gov. Jerry Brown, saying a new state law infringes on their civil rights."
www.cnn.com/2012/10/04/us/california-gay-ther...
.. you didn't read the entire article:

"This law bans non-scientific 'therapies' that have driven young people to depression and suicide. These practices (conversion therapy) have no basis in science or medicine."

.. sending a child/teen to conversation therapy is akin to sending someone to Joseph Mengele's laboratory. Treatment includes aversion shock therapy, brainwashing and physical punishment. All because their parents can't accept them for who they are or their religion says they're not going to heaven if they're homosexual ..

.. pathetic ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#548856 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're telling me that you are 16?
Uhm...are you forgetting how our conversations went?
.. Orangelion & GK are not worth your time or brilliance ..

.. use your scroll button ..

.. RR is close, very close ..

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548857 Oct 10, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Orangelion & GK are not worth your time or brilliance ..
.. use your scroll button ..
.. RR is close, very close ..
Yeah, Orange and GK seem like the same person.

I like RR, he's ok by me once you get past the bigotry.:)
RickBlaine

Earle, AR

#548858 Oct 10, 2012
Elements don't evolve because they don't reproduce. Evolution is about change - you need something that can change to have evolution. You need to have a system that includes 1) reproduction, 2) inheritable traits, 3) variation of those traits, and 3) limited resources to have evolution.

If you're missing any of those, you simply do not have a system with evolution in it.

Huh?
RickBlaine

Earle, AR

#548859 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Err...that's not actually what theory has to do in science.
Elements don't evolve because they don't reproduce. Evolution is about change - you need something that can change to have evolution. You need to have a system that includes 1) reproduction, 2) inheritable traits, 3) variation of those traits, and 3) limited resources to have evolution.
If you're missing any of those, you simply do not have a system with evolution in it.
So, let me see if I can restate your argument. Elements didn't spontaneously generate from nothing. Living things didn't evolve by chance from non-living things (elements). Therefore, neither, living things, nor nonliving things exist. Therefore, God must not exist. Is that right?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548860 Oct 10, 2012
RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me see if I can restate your argument. Elements didn't spontaneously generate from nothing. Living things didn't evolve by chance from non-living things (elements). Therefore, neither, living things, nor nonliving things exist. Therefore, God must not exist. Is that right?
Huh? Uhm...the previous poster asked why molecules like Oxygen and Carbon don't evolve. The discussion, at that point, had nothing to do with the existence of God. Evolution doesn't actually prove or disprove God. Evolution is simply a tool to understand biological phenomena.

So I explained to Riverside what kind of system you need to have evolution. Evolution can only happen in systems that have: 1) inheritable traits, 2) variety in those traits, 3) scarce resources.

It's not an argument about God. It's not an argument about where atoms come from. It's just the required factors needed for a system that evolves.

Living organisms fit the requirements; they evolve.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#548861 Oct 10, 2012
RickBlaine wrote:
Huh?
Elements evolve within stars. They do not reproduce they are produced from nuclear fusion by a process called nucleosynthesis.
But for heavier elements it requires a large energy input to trade
particles within the atomic nucleus .
Elements heavier than iron are created when stars go supernova.
This is by neutron capture and called s-process and r-process.

Do not confuse the evolution of matter within stars , with the evolution of life on Earth.
RickBlaine

Earle, AR

#548862 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Elements evolve within stars. They do not reproduce they are produced from nuclear fusion by a process called nucleosynthesis.
But for heavier elements it requires a large energy input to trade
particles within the atomic nucleus .
Elements heavier than iron are created when stars go supernova.
This is by neutron capture and called s-process and r-process.
Do not confuse the evolution of matter within stars , with the evolution of life on Earth.
So now your are arguing that elements do evolve? And stars spontaneously generate from nothing?And "living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars?

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#548863 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't god command these, or similar "things that transpired at the time"?
Why are you asking? I thought you thought God did not exist. You wouldn't be concerned you might be wrong, would you?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#548864 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good news!
You might also be interested to know that for the first time in our history, a majority would vote for an atheist for president.
That left us in shambles.
Another mess Christians will have to clean up.

Location hidden

#548865 Oct 10, 2012
RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your are arguing that elements do evolve? And stars spontaneously generate from nothing?And "living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars?

Very carefully I will tell you, no I didn't say this..

"stars spontaneously generate from nothing"

But I did say this...

"that elements do evolve"

Absolutely elements evolve from processes within stars and
when stars go super nova.
Also this....

""living" stuff which is made up of the same stuff as stars evolve according to a different pattern than elements that evolve from stars"

Is a word salad.

Everything is made from the elements that were created in stars.
Life is assembled from them. I do not know exactly how life assembled itself, but we do know it evolved "independently"
From all other processes.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#548866 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with numbers like those.
The factcheckers would bury you in your own bullshit.
The fact is, you are going to Hell. Once you're buried you'll find out I'm right.

You lie a lot, I've been keeping count.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548867 Oct 10, 2012
RickBlaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura Mythra isn't Hidingfromyou.

Personally, I wouldn't use the word "evolve" with regards to atoms. So...no, he didn't change his claim, I didn't change mine, you're confusing us as if we were one person.

Location hidden

#548868 Oct 10, 2012
HFy isn't me either but this could explain the evolution of matter to you.

http://www.nikhef.nl/pub/theory/academiclectu...
RickBlaine

Earle, AR

#548869 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Uhm...the previous poster asked why molecules like Oxygen and Carbon don't evolve. The discussion, at that point, had nothing to do with the existence of God. Evolution doesn't actually prove or disprove God. Evolution is simply a tool to understand biological phenomena.
So I explained to Riverside what kind of system you need to have evolution. Evolution can only happen in systems that have: 1) inheritable traits, 2) variety in those traits, 3) scarce resources.
It's not an argument about God. It's not an argument about where atoms come from. It's just the required factors needed for a system that evolves.
Living organisms fit the requirements; they evolve.
But the kind of system you describe seems to require a Designer according to your description of it, wouldn't you say? Even to say that a system is required implies a system designer.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548870 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Studies of children of gay households reveal that the children are better adjusted, on average, then in other household situations.
"Adjusted?"

I've never met a kid raised in a gay household who was what anyone could describe as happy and/or well "adjusted".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#548871 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura Mythra isn't Hidingfromyou.
Mytha.(See, nano? I'm correcting somebody in my "group.")

Mithra is the Zoroastrian divinity (yazata) of covenant and oath.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#548872 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
HFy isn't me either but this could explain the evolution of matter to you.
http://www.nikhef.nl/pub/theory/academiclectu...
Hey thanks, I get it now.

But this one has me stumped: &#8594; &#945;+= &#1113090;1 + 2 ◊ 7 8 &#1113091; &#945;B = 11 4 &#945;B

It's a quagmire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 49 min ChristineM 48,263
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min hojo 559,651
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 53 min myveryownjulia 2
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? 55 min myveryownjulia 2
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 1 hr myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 hr myveryownjulia 155
Last Word + 2 1 hr ctsseo 981
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr ctsseo 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,195
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web