|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
A rat is your most recent ancestor.
And that's being severely dispassionate toward rats.
This is true as far as mammals go

The 160-million year old mammal marked the split between placental mammals and marsupials
http://www.dailytech.com/Scientists+Jurassic+...

Then of course we go back over 500 million years and see Eel-like creature identified as “earliest human ancestor”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/evolution/...

As scientific analysis of fossils improves then perhaps the eel’s ancestors will be discerned. After all it is known that we share around 25% to 30% of our DNA with a daffodil

Since: May 11

Dinas Powys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
awww no way. Did MrChar give up? hmmm
I guess he's never recollected a story from his own life that wasn't exaggerated a bit....
As I said, ole chap, I don't know. But since I know that God is real, the Bible must be also.
nighty-night
Did I give up? You admitted that the 'miraculous' parts of the bible are probably exaggerated.

The miracles are the parts which make it supernatural, spiritual, a testament to the fantastic power of your god and yet in your own words they are "exaggerated". Who gave up?

You gave up, just as my wife came up to bed(the new series of Haven has started!); and faced with a choice of sitting here at 01:00hrs in a battle of wits with someone who is so obviously unarmed or getting into bed with my wife...I'm afraid the latter option is far more attractive.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Viking!
How are the new socks ? You were a busy boy knitting in August.
How long before this batch gets chucked in the hamper by the mods ?
BTW, Jesus wasn't resurrected and isn't God.
Oh, was this person Viking before?

Dinas Powys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
lol Hukt. I'm not off ta bed, I was saying night-night to my ole chap, MrChar...
I hope he remembers to take out his teeth...
My teeth are firmly attached to my mandibles, I'd need pliers to do that.

Dinas Powys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking more about the archaeology of the sites then of the supposed miracles that happened.
I also don't believe you that "science has proven that the parting of The Red Sea could have happened." Show me the scientific research paper that demonstrates this, if you would my good man.
This is the 'academic' in question, http://acd.ucar.edu/~drews/

Here is the 'story' which formed research question for his master’s thesis, https://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/news/2663/par... .

He's very proud of it, it's a WHOLE 110 pages!(I should have studied at his university!) and you can download it FOR A FEE from ProQest where it is categorised under 'biblical studies'.

He's also 'published'(see uploaded) it to Plosone the "peer reviewed open access journal" which appears to be a wiki with delusions of grandeur. The comments from his 'peers' can be found here. http://www.plosone.org/article/comments/info%...

This is the 'scientists' website: http://www.theistic-evolution.com/

he's also very very proud that he hs sung in the 'Boulder-Messiah Sing-along' for 17 years on the run.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, was this person Viking before?
And several other socks too. He now has a bunch of regeistered names created in August.

He is probably a school kid and got bored at the end of summer break. He writes like an 6th grader.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I be surprised that one as butthurt as you has completely ignored a large chunk of the factors involved in US history?
Or that you completely ignore that a vast majority of the nasty shitfaced liars inhabiting the US are (coincidentially enough!) religious conservatives?
Especially Christians?
I'm so glad that you are permanently chained in Hell to be tormented and shamed eternally after your death. I'm also glad for you, as you seem to want it that way. Congratulations, you want to burn in Hell, and you're going to burn in your Hell.

Meanwhile, we are not going to let you continue to destroy the U.S. with your atheism.

Now buzz off, you hateful zealoted bigoted athetarded moron.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And several other socks too. He now has a bunch of regeistered names created in August.
He is probably a school kid and got bored at the end of summer break. He writes like an 6th grader.
I have you pegged as 5 puppets at least.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The Deuteronomy you quoted is an account of the defeat of Sihon King of Heshbon.

I DO believe that we all have an Omnipotent, Omniscient and Benevolent God. Not just me.

It is an account, my dear. They fought "in the name of God". They thought they were doing just by killing & conquering. They were wrong.
In Deuteronomy 3 is the defeat of Og King of Bashan. "6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children."

Again, it's an account, a historical recording of things that traspired at the time.
Didn't god command these, or similar "things that transpired at the time"?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly has the mentality of one.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

better not tell wrote:
<quoted text>Pharoah, being an atheist, wanted to kill innocent children.

This is such a sad documentary as we see how atheism is poisoning our society , especially our youth and young adults:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/1...
This is good news!

You might also be interested to know that for the first time in our history, a majority would vote for an atheist for president.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
What in the bible wasn't sccurate? Mention and exampe and give reasons for it. Sorry kid, but no one who is 16 can be an archaeologist.
Anybody can be an archeologist.

Anybody but you, that is.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There was no stoning of children. It's talking about an adult, someones child. You know, like a 62 year old man might have a 38 year old CHILD?
It says that?

What's the age cutoff?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>blach! Uhm...erm...enjoy!

Well, after trouncing Riverside for a number of pages, I'm going to sleep. My work here is done.
Your work here is never done.

It's called job security.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I have to stop you there. In order to ease any further discussion, let me say, again, that I know God didn't create everything. That's what atheists think & use it to further their hatred of God & Christians.

God didn't create everything. He created a template for us to work with. God didn't create Mickey Mouse, Model T, or malaria. He created rain, for example. But if humans choose to live in an are prone to flloding, they can't blame God for the flood...
Ok.

So YOUR god is more of a deist's god.

He got the ball rolling and stepped back to watch, right?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus had an empty tomb like it has said in the bible, with his clothes folded neatly. The romans existed, the christians being persecuted was mentioned.

"At the turn of the century, skeptics viewed the Bible as myth rather than real world history . For example, the Bible makes over 40 references to the great Hittite Empire. You see, 100 years ago, no archaeological evidence had ever been found to prove it really did exist."

The hittites actually existed just like in the bible.
"Just another Bible myth!" skeptics charged in an attempt to destroy our faith in the Bible. This, however, cannot be said today, for in 1906, Hugo Winckler uncovered a library of 10,000 clay tablets. These ancient records fully documented the long lost Hittite Empire and confirmed the reliability of the Bible. Later excavations uncovered Boghazkoy, the capital city of this "mythical" empire."

The hittites like in the bible counting the trees in the land.
"These discoveries not only authenticate Scripture, but also illuminate many aspects of biblical culture. Abraham's purchase of Ephron's field records the following: "So Ephron's field, which was in Machpelah, which faced Mamre, the field and cave which was in it, and all the trees which were in the field, that were within all the confines of its border, were deeded over to Abraham for a possession in the presence of the sons of Heth." (Genesis 23:17), This reflects the standard Hittite real estate procedure of counting the trees involved in any purchase or sale of land. Note also that the witnesses to Abraham's purchase were the "son's of Heth" -i.e. the Hittites."

This city of Ur was discovered by archaeologists with its existence in the bible being there too.
"In Genesis 11:31, for instance, Abraham (Abram) is said to have lived in the city of Ur. The existence of this great city was often scorned until, recent archeological diggings uncovered its ancient ruins. Temples, houses, and even the king's and queen's tombs have been discovered."

The city of Pithom in ancient egypt actually existed just like in the bible.
"The ancient Egyptian city of Pithom has been uncovered and storehouses fitting the description of those built by the Israelites have been found, the lower portion containing brick with straw and the upper portion containing brick without straw.(See Exodus 1:11; 5:7). The mummy of Neneptah II, widely believed to be the Pharaoh of the exodus, has been discovered. A hymn to him mentions Israel and the inscription tells of the death of his young son, possibly the one mentioned in the last plague (Exodus 12:29)."
An empty tomb (wow. How unusual.) and a few places that actually, or may have actually, existed.

Wow.

There's just no refuting evidence like that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait. This is rich...

You say that I have no right to say what is "normal".

But you make it clear that you can say what is " moral".

Is the soldier that kills on the battlefield also immoral?
She didn't day what was moral.

She said what was immoral.

She can do that.

So can I.

Apparently you can't.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What?! So the dozens of gay men throughout history have higher creative skills than the thousands of straight men that were also artists?

Does that really make sense to you?

Are you sure you're not a politician?
Not with numbers like those.

The factcheckers would bury you in your own bullshit.
better not tell

Pell City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good news!
You might also be interested to know that for the first time in our history, a majority would vote for an atheist for president.
And history, we will be. And all because of your hate cult called atheism.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of like being 15 or 16!
woohooo!
What gives me proof that you aren't a kid? You sound to have a tint of a 16 year old in you, I could be wrong, but I am still suspicous.
Anyway, as for the hittites, they existed several thousands of years before the romans, How could have the authors of the bible know about this, where you expecting the bible to be continuingly written by many different authors throughout thousands of years? Yes, but only a God could make such possible, you lack evidence to say how you don't.
As for the spider being pulled apart by a three year old, there is nothing sadistic about it, it is simply an animal, as for a threeyear old tearing apart a human and liking listening to the human scream, knowing he is feeling pain and liking to inflict the pain, then even a three year old is a monster in that circumstance. And empty tomb with neat folded clothers, the tomb would be trapped by a big stone so raiders couldn't get in, and if they did, they would have little time left after moving the stone to remove the body from its clothes and fold them up in time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 521,741 - 521,760 of680,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

629 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 2 min andet1987 1,221
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Sheilaa 109,804
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 4 min Bobthegreat 289
Gay Snapchat Names 13 min chadronstateguy 1,378
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 15 min Some1 Else 24,628
PVP Content in The Elder Scrolls Online 16 min esogold 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min truth 512,388
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 89,630
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr River Tam 596,624
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr number four 217,305
•••
•••
•••