Prove there's a god.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549170 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Some quantum events have no cause. They just happen. Particles (and antiparticles) pop into and out of existence continuously. Any given ejection of an electron during radioactive decay is also uncaused. Nothing causes that particular electron to eject, it's just random.
I'm not a physicist, so I am unable to go into detail. There's also something about quantum scalar fields that are uncaused and that the universe may have come about b/c of one, but I don't really understand that.
You can check this page for some very interesting ideas (although it has math):
http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31054
Your not a physicist? How are you able to boast superiority then over everyone else? especially people 2-3 times your age at least!

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#549171 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>"another on"...whatever do you means? Why would we try to find the "Individual Retirement Account's" murder campaign, they were constructed to retire people, and murder is a harsh word, we prefer retiring.
It was not addressed to you you ignorant apologist for murder
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549172 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he posted extremely stupid questions based on logical fallacies.
What logic flaws are they then sensitive heared? Point then out then.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#549173 Oct 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Save
Not Dave.
I don't know why autocorrect would do that.
Sure. Blame it on Dave... Everyone else does!
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549175 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha!
I obviously meant 6'000-7'000 years, I even claimed it myself that is was a typo. You obviously can't find anything real to back yourself up so you find crap to spout out instead.

#549176 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
ot...= to
Oh dear, did you f*ck up again. It must be so embarrassing for one as perfect as you. How do you cope with the embarrassment?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549177 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural selection does NOT explain design. ie; where'd we all come from? HOW does life, consciousness, happen? Why does the sperm & egg CREATE a life? An individual with thought & emotion?
No, natural selection explains design. That's all natural selection does is explain design.

Natural selection is not abiogenesis. Those are separate theories. NS can tell you about human phylogeny, but it cannot tell you how life started.

Life happens b/c you take in equal or more energy than you expend, on average. Breathing helps.

Consciousness exists b/c humans are k-type species, highly social. Our universe is a social one. Your consciousness is an adaptation to keep you alive. It doesn't come close to governing most of your body, even though you can make your body do stuff.

Each sperm and egg contain half the parents' genomes. They combine and begin building an organism. The proteins align because of chemical gradients. Genes are switched on and off by controller genes called "HOX" genes. It's extremely complicated and very well worked out. Google it, I'm not going to explain it all here. Sorry.

Individuals are products of their environment + genetics. You developed within a certain environment and it cued your genes (they were responding to environmental input) to make you.

You're an encultured social animal. Your brain was "imprinted" with the culture and language you grew up in. You experience your culture as "normal and natural" and act as if your culture is a human universal (we all do this). Your experiences are cultural constructs, but they are also 100% real to you. Your - as in RR's - universe is a Christian universe, subjectively experienced as real and you mistakenly believe that it is objectively real for all people because of your enculturation.

It isn't. Other people in other cultures are encultured for their cultures and religions. They subjectively experience those as real and believe that their way of understanding the universe around them is normal and natural for all people.

These concepts are hard to grasp. Sorry if they are esoteric to you. Most people aren't used to thinking about their realities as learned, products of their social lives. We are adapted to treat our worldviews as if they were objectively real, so it's jarring to learn that they aren't. But they aren't. Sorry. I include myself in this, I'm human, too.

I am going to sleep now. It's quite late here. G'night!
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549178 Oct 11, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, we all know that Hding is a kid, she has a 19 year older sister, River Tam, who is just as big a fool. But, we mustly laugh and ignore her, since she is way out in fool land and she has no paddle boat to get back to reality.
She wasn't much was she? LOL, she is a good joke for an adult.

Some stable somewhere

#549179 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
So the Earth just always was?
Either way you poke a stick at it, the Earth was created, my dear...
First, he was talking "specially created" by his deity just a few thousand years ago.

Second, no, the Earth formed out of an accretion disk. It wasn't created. The Earth is the end result of a process of planet formation - no designers needed.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#549180 Oct 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What has pantheism got to do with kingdoms?
When was the Abrahamic god ever crowned?
Honey I live in a kingdom. I probably know a little more about what a kingdom as opposed to a democrat living in a republic that follows a god book of myth.
You want to snipe, think of something worth sniping about
Snipe?
Whoosh>>>

#549182 Oct 11, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not a physicist? How are you able to boast superiority then over everyone else? especially people 2-3 times your age at least!
Age is no respecter of stupidity

Are you saying you are 2 or 3 times older than HFY, that surprised me, I really thought you were sneaking on mummys computer while she was busy

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#549183 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You did very well. I'm impressed!

Except of course the Obama f*ck up. He said he's visited 57 states & has 1 more to go......

http://youtu.be/EpGH02DtIws
He'd also been up for a couple of days straight.

Some stable somewhere

#549184 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the contrary. I think that slowly, science is proving God, they just don't know it.
For example, in general, most religions have always taught that the universe was created or that it had a beginning. In contrast, scientists taught (up to the 1920s) that the universe had existed forever. In this case, the majority of scientists changed their view of the universe and now acknowledge that the universe did have a beginning, thereby reenforcing Creation...
You're inferring a creation event by your deity. That alone tells me your inference is a human fiction.

After all, why your religion and not someone else's?

Yes, yes, I know, I know. "the one true god" argument. Baby, all believers "know" they have the one true god - all believers in every religion.

Next, you'll tell me some miracles and myths that demonstrate your religion, or you'll produce numbers of believers. Neither of those cut it, either.

So do something original instead, please :)

My one request :)
:)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#549185 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single one of your posts had:
1. basic spelling errors - like the other resident troll on here, Sir Doc/Gatekeeper/liarboy
2. basic grammatical errors bespeaking a poor mind
3. logical fallacies
4. gross and unending ignorance
5. misrepresentations of science
You're basically dishonest - you've already admitted to lying to see how I'd respond, which makes you both a liar and a manipulator - and, since you have no working knowledge of science whatsoever, your gross claims about it are yet more dishonesty.
What does it feel like to be such a lowlife?
Leave this dude alone.

I believe he has adequately pleaded his "theory of god."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#549186 Oct 11, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>Now other adults are looking, they can see I have made a pretty good point against you as you are a kid, they can see you are just a fool.
Why not actually address my accusations with logic instead if you really want to serve you ego here anyway.
Is English your first language?

Some stable somewhere

#549187 Oct 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Something it seems that some people are incapable of doing.
Even Jesus himself said that, a few thousand years ago.“Unless you people see signs and wonders, you simply will not believe.” John 4:48
Yeah, he got me right!

#549189 Oct 11, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I obviously meant 6'000-7'000 years, I even claimed it myself that is was a typo. You obviously can't find anything real to back yourself up so you find crap to spout out instead.
How about you responding to my post in which I verified that I spend time in the cro magnon environment dating form 10,000 to 38,000 years ago

Or are you really one of those good christians who gets confused when faced with fact

Some stable somewhere

#549190 Oct 11, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of... It's a thought I've entertained over the years, and it's stuck with me. That perhaps the creative force is not like a father.... Maybe it's matter and it's laws. So that God is everything, and in everything all at once. That would really blow the whole "daddy up in the sky" theory out of the water and piss off some fundies, but what do I care?
When I look at the universe and all of it's laws, I see chaos and order at the same time. That, to me, is amazing.
It really and truly is amazing. Totally there with you.

I just don't see the reason to imbue it with divinity - we humans have spirituality. No need to give it away!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#549191 Oct 11, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What logic flaws are they then sensitive heared? Point then out then.
This one is the real keeper.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#549192 Oct 11, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who doesn't want to bother with me, you're seriously obsessed with me, little boy. Are you 14? Your comments are pretty thoughtless and stupid, but you do sound like an adult creationist - they usually have the same mental age as not very bright 14 year olds.
I am bigger than you. I weigh at least 162lbs, little girl. How am I stupid? Explain kid, explain the f*ck how I am wrong. I will not have you insult my almighty God. Explain to me how I am stupid without making yourself sound thicker and thicker every post you make. An adult would say how I am stupid. You can't even explain you aren't a kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 687,174
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 25 min Clearwater 30,719
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 3 hr clayvligon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 8 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 11 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web