“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#548517 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume it's made from a supernove. There's no evidence & no proof.
*sigh*

Read Chowm's "We Need to Talk about Kelvin".

It's a pretty good primer on physics, and it's written in baby-talk. You might be able to wrap your head around some of the simpler concepts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#548518 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so...
In order to pass judgement, though, you should really try to understand the whole story of WHY did God do that? Understand WHY He did what seems to be such an evil act. Understand the hierarchy household of ancient Egypt & how much of a devistating impact killing all the first borns. All the first born sons (sons only, daughters were meaningless then) were trained to do important jobs, the loss of them throughout the community would crush Egypt, and it did.
Do some homework, study a little, then pass judgement...
And as far as YOU'RE concerned, daughters are STILL meaningless since in your mind, the entire female gender is meaningless- other than having the right "part" for you to satisfy your sexual needs.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#548519 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my... Did you get your Wheaties? I said "Some actions of humans are not natural"
Some...
Key word, there darlin'...
I must have misread. It's late here, headache today, blah, blah, blah :)

Are animals "natural" in your version or not? The animals in the study I produced for you were those living in the wild, observed in the wild.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548520 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a super "nove", genius...

It's a super NOVA.

But gee- you think there is evidence and proof that the first woman was created from a rib of the first man?

You're like a little KID who WANTS to believe in Santa Claus because it's so "cool" to think such a being exists!!

You WANT to believe in the RIB crap because it feeds your hatred, contempt and 100% ill founded sense of superiority over women.

You are a FOOL.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#548521 Oct 10, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop promoting a theory as truth. It lessens your credibility across the board.
Her credibility is impeccable.

Yours, on the other hand, not so much.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548522 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, there's tons and tons and tons of evidence. In fact, all available evidence points to that.

What are your reasons for not believing in established science? I mean...just you religion?

Let's be honest, Riverside, you're basically a fundamentalist Christian. Sure, you don't take the extreme stance that creationists do, but you basically think that everything you know is everything humans know - just look at how you respond to science. Over and over, you write "there's no proof!" when the reality is that you are really saying "I haven't got a clue, so I don't believe it!"

What's wrong with honesty? Isn't that something your religion demands? Yes, I know, fundamentalists are anything but honest - yet you said you weren't one. Remember?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548523 Oct 10, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
Read Chowm's "We Need to Talk about Kelvin".
It's a pretty good primer on physics, and it's written in baby-talk. You might be able to wrap your head around some of the simpler concepts.
Ummm....does it have PICTURES? Too many words- even those written in baby-talk- confuse RR and make his brain itch.

Besides, according to RR, science is all just "guesswork" anyway......

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548524 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And as far as YOU'RE concerned, daughters are STILL meaningless since in your mind, the entire female gender is meaningless- other than having the right "part" for you to satisfy your sexual needs.
I was sold to some stranger by my father today. He bought me for 50 head of cattle. I hope he has showers...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#548525 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>And you atheists claim to be vastly more intelligent than religious folk.........
Cite your source, please.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548526 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing here? Get back to work, woman!
Oh, BTW....
The Constitution protects us to enjoy our religion & place religious icons where we see fit.
Yes- the Constitution protects ALL of us to enjoy religion or to enjoy NO religion in our lives.

However, the Constitution does NOT protect you to place religious icons where YOU see fit.

I DARE you to come to my house and place a nativity scene on my lawn- I DARE you.

I also DARE you to do so in front of my local supermarket or in front of a TEMPLE.

And many other places that if you placed a religious icon there, your sorry ass would be hauled off to jail.

And maybe I'll stop by in YOUR neck of the woods and decorate that entire town you live in with Buddhas!

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#548527 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, he said. Not speak it.
I'll wait.
The great flood is alleged to have happened 100 years before the Egyptian Old Kingdom.

If there were 8 humans on the earth it would take 100 years at a population growth rate of 2.2 which is very high to produce a global population of 63.

This is not allowing for the fact that the people on the boat cant immediately eat the livestock on the boat(obviously) and that their own impacted wisdom teeth would kill them by the age of 35.

Who built the Egyptian Old Kingdom and all of the other civilisations all over the earth which continued on apace without a pause during the 'great flood'?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548528 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
So...you've got a baby-killin' god. Ah, well, people have worshiped worse. Don't feel so bad.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you say so...
Well, you can feel bad if you really want to. The Aztecs and Mayans had worse gods - theirs demanded human sacrifices while yours just demanded (normally) animal sacrifices. In that light, your god isn't so bad (except if you consider Christianity in all but the last two centuries: then you have torture, witch burning, endless genocides, slavery and all kinds of terrible things - but, pay that no attention!).

So, yeah, don't feel bad! I say so!
In order to pass judgement, though, you should really try to understand the whole story of WHY did God do that? Understand WHY He did what seems to be such an evil act.
Wait - we're talking about the Creator of the Universe, right? Or so you believe. The only Perfectly Moral Being - right? No?

I mean, if God isn't perfectly moral, I can see why He'd go for revenge. That's a pretty poor moral structure, after all. Imperfect beings go for it all the time.
Understand the hierarchy household of ancient Egypt & how much of a devistating impact killing all the first borns. All the first born sons (sons only, daughters were meaningless then) were trained to do important jobs, the loss of them throughout the community would crush Egypt, and it did.
Do some homework, study a little, then pass judgement...
WOW!!!

You went WWWAAAAYYY beyond what I thought you were going to say!

hahahaha!!! Fantastic! So God is not only not perfectly moral, He's downright vile! A revenge planned so well, so delightfully nasty that He not only punished the first borns, and the families, but the entire society!

Ok, maybe you should feel bad. I take it back, above. You're right, you should feel guilty about worshiping such a monster! What you have explained to me is a deity not so different than the Aztecs and Mayans - and I thank you for this, sir!

Well done. You've convinced me in the immorality of your deity.

So...why do you worship it?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#548529 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was sold to some stranger by my father today. He bought me for 50 head of cattle. I hope he has showers...
Nother *sigh*.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#548530 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing here? Get back to work, woman!
Oh, BTW....
The Constitution protects us to enjoy our religion & place religious icons where we see fit.
You're starting to piss me off. That's never a good thing.

Luckily, I know a troll when I see one. That's because I am one.

The question at hand is: What am I gonna do with you?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548531 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, he said. Not speak it.
I'll wait.
You honestly believe in the Flood?!? That the entire Earth was covered by water higher than Mt. Everest?!?

HUH???

That there were only 2 of every species on a single ship???

Wow!!! Seriously? Wow!!!

Do you know what "population bottleneck" is? That's when the genomes of an entire species is eliminated down to a few individuals. If the flood actually happened, we could trace every single species to 2 individuals at the exact moment of the flood. It would be irrefutable proof of the Bible. Here, let me just go check for you.

<looks at chart> Uh-huh. Right. Ah-hem. Ah!

Nope. Didn't happen. Sorry. Not a single species - not a single one - had a population bottleneck down to 2 individuals at the time of the supposed Flood. Cheetahs come close. They - and only they - went through a bottleneck around 7000 years ago down to 8 breeding individuals.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548532 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source, please.
There is quite a bit out there which strongly suggests that atheists are more intelligent than those who are religious and I do believe that and all the more based on the lack of intelligence all too apparent in most on this thread who are religious.

Research shows that the poorest countries are consistently the most religious, and experts have proposed that religions may play more functional roles there. Various studies further suggest that intuitive thinking styles (as opposed to reflective, questioning, analytical thinking styles) tend to increase belief in gods, and decrease the likelihood of changing views held in childhood. Intuitive thinking styles may also lead to more convicted beliefs in general. In other words, IQ could correlate with atheism, not simply because of raw cognitive ability, but because higher IQs lead to more critical analysis.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_...

ScienceDaily (Feb. 24, 2010)ó More intelligent people are statistically significantly more likely to exhibit social values and religious and political preferences that are novel to the human species in evolutionary history. Specifically, liberalism and atheism, and for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence, a new study finds.

In the current study, Kanazawa argues that humans are evolutionarily designed to be conservative, caring mostly about their family and friends, and being liberal, caring about an indefinite number of genetically unrelated strangers they never meet or interact with, is evolutionarily novel. So more intelligent children may be more likely to grow up to be liberals.

Data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health) support Kanazawa's hypothesis. Young adults who subjectively identify themselves as "very liberal" have an average IQ of 106 during adolescence while those who identify themselves as "very conservative" have an average IQ of 95 during adolescence.

Young adults who identify themselves as "not at all religious" have an average IQ of 103 during adolescence, while those who identify themselves as "very religious" have an average IQ of 97 during adolescence.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/...

And this makes perfect sense to me- where the bible is concerned, any truly thinking person can see it was written by mere mortal men to keep the masses living in fear along with willful ignorance and intellectual laziness.

After all, what better way to control the masses than if the masses are just plain STUPID?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548533 Oct 10, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nother *sigh*.
Mac! Why didn't you bid higher?!? I would have been your second wife/slave!

waaaaaaaa! waaaaaah, waaaaaaah!

<sobs>

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#548534 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and also over the age of 18.... It does say that SON (not child) that's getting stoned to death is also "a drunkard & a glutton"... Sounds like an infant, huh?
Look, your views on God & Christians are so distorted, I don't expect you to understand.
As you yourself said laws change. The alcohol laws in biblical times were not the same as the alcohol laws of modern day, in fact as far as I am aware there were none. And eating is not a crime and as far as I am aware never was a crime (except in the babble).

Now letís talk about averages, life span 15 to 30 years, marriage at approximately 12 years that leaves what Ö 18 years on average as I said.

There will of course be exceptions but whatís the point of writing a story book designed for all to follow based on exceptions.

Now lets talk semantics, since when has a son not been a child? If you live to be 100 your offspring will still be your children.

Yes it says son, how old is your son? Mine is 7.

Look, your pretty pink interpretation of what is written is simply your pretty pink interpretation, not what is written. I donít want to understand you pretty pink interpretation I want to understand what is actually written without excuses, apologetics or faith, just what is written

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548535 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope you weren't sold to RR......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548536 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly believe in the Flood?!? That the entire Earth was covered by water higher than Mt. Everest?!?
HUH???
That there were only 2 of every species on a single ship???
Wow!!! Seriously? Wow!!!
Do you know what "population bottleneck" is? That's when the genomes of an entire species is eliminated down to a few individuals. If the flood actually happened, we could trace every single species to 2 individuals at the exact moment of the flood. It would be irrefutable proof of the Bible. Here, let me just go check for you.
<looks at chart> Uh-huh. Right. Ah-hem. Ah!
Nope. Didn't happen. Sorry. Not a single species - not a single one - had a population bottleneck down to 2 individuals at the time of the supposed Flood. Cheetahs come close. They - and only they - went through a bottleneck around 7000 years ago down to 8 breeding individuals.
Never mind the flood. Even more shocking is RR being one THOUSAND per cent sure that the first woman was created from a rib of the first man.

That right there makes everything else he believes in the bible to be fact totally secondary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? 8 min Aiesha 18
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Seentheotherside 574,167
Shoud PDA's be allowed in school (Mar '08) 32 min Jennette 107
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min mike 608,223
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 44 min sajan 51
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 47 min Topics is Corrupt 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min Seentheotherside 39,622
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 268,931
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 4 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 8 hr sall 163
More from around the web