“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548608 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't live in a strange place- I live in a place that is the number one vacation destination in the world which means people from ALL countries come here. They don't come here for any type of religious indoctrination.
Gee- you mention all these restaurants with "foreign" cuisine- none of which would exist here had you been at ALL correct when you stated that people who immigrate here from other countries "drop" their heritage and their ancestry.
The examples you posted prove yet again that you proved yourself WRONG- yet again.
Sure- a PRIVATE establishment can put up whatever they want in their places of business- the POINT is, those places are few and far between proven all the more by YOU saying there are a "few" restaurants where you live which display religious images.
Guess what? Those places are in the MINORITY.
So....you eat THAT.
The first one wasn't "foreign", it's classic American....

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#548609 Oct 10, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you sound 24, still quite young, but at least it will do anyway, as at least logic skills peak during early adulthood anyway. Besides, the bibles accuracy is innocent until proven guilty, explain any timeline innaccuaracies before you smart off.
Well then how old are you, dear sir? Logic peaks in early adulthood, huh? I have real troubles believing that...at least for me :p

I already did explain: Exodus, sites and locations that did not exist when they claimed Exodus happened.

Jericho is another one - didn't exist as a city when the Bible says it did.

Why is the Bible "innocent" until proven guilty anyways? I'm all for taking it at face value - except for the miracles - and testing these, as if they were predictions. So far, much archaeology doesn't bear the Bible out. Little or no evidence to back up its claims, some outright falsehoods.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548610 Oct 10, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
How is a women worth just 10 rams? She is still a person, that claim is ridiculious, a women is a person too, a person can do things far beyond animals, humans can work, build, reason, a person is able to contribute to sociaty, an animal can't do any of it, an animals mind is simply a slave to its master.
Hey! Thanks for that :)

See, Riverside! Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!?!

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548611 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Baby...all science is theory based. You cannot have science that is not theory based. I think I may need to give you a lecture on how science works...
You don't actually know what the word "theory" means, do you?
Yes, I do know what theory means & I know the difference between theory & scientific theory, so don't bother. Please.

Science has it's "theories".
Religion has it's "fairy tales".

Who's to say which is right & which is wrong. Or if they're both right...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548612 Oct 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t work to well in the UK, hotdogs are not that popular here. We tend to me more fussy about the what waste animal products we put in our mouths
A similar euphemism that would work is
“like throwing a banana up oxford street”
Or
”walking through the Mersey tunnel”
OK, I don't get the UK lines...

But I get what you mean.

You don't have hallways in the UK.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548613 Oct 10, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
What I meant was that animals can't contribute to human sociaty, they can't join political parties, they can't get a job, they are limited in their own civillization compared to humans as well. And I wasn't talking about pets, I was talking about farm animals too, any animal with a master. Humans are so psychologically advanced compared to beasts humanity has little struggle to mentally dominate them.
Bees pollinate all our crops. You don't think that contributes to us?

What about all our domestic animals and plants? You'd rather have to detoxify your plants first?

Have you ever ridden a horse?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548614 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I've tried it a few times & just don't dig it.
I'm glad you didn't buy me!
Orangelion

Mold, UK

#548615 Oct 10, 2012
Why do you find it disgusting? It was not taking a piece away from a human being, a part of their soul, it represents women coming from the flesh of man.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548617 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
And YOU are a fine one to tell ANYONE to grow up- YOU who believes the MORONIC story of the first woman having been created from a rib of the first man.
You repeat that over & over & over. You're obsessed with Eve being created by a man but NOT the man being created from dust...

THAT shows your disdain of men. Get over it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548618 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! This is the first time you didn't tell me how science works!!! woohooo, a small step for a man, but a huge step for the religious!
<pops open champagne> time to celebrate, baby!
In basic: from the bones and morphology. First, teeth. The shape of the teeth tells you what kind of food it eats. Lots of molars, it eats plant food. Sharp, small molars, it eats insects. Sharp incisors, sharp molars, it eats meat.
Teeth also have enamel. The thickness of the enamel tells you how tough the food was. Thick enamel, it eats tough plant food like leaves. Thin enamel, high quality foods like meats and fruits.
The molecules in the enamel gives you the proportion of protein and carbohydrates in the diet. If you match up the chemical signature with the environment, it can tell you where the individual ate its food and what kinds of food (berries, fruits, meats, etc). Teeth also tell you how old an animal is and how well nourished it was during development.
The cheek bones (zyglomatic arch) and skull (mid-sagital crest and temporal muscle attachment sites) tell you how strong the muscles were for chewing, cutting and grinding. Put your hands on your temples and move your jaw up and down - feel that? Those are your grinding muscles. Based on how thick these bones are, how strong the muscle attachment sites are and how the skull shape is, we can tell how powerful a chewing apparatus the animal had.
Gorillas have massive jaws, powerful cheek bones and very strong mid-sagital crests (the ridge bone along the top of the skull)- they eat tough plant food all day long. Chimpanzees have no to medium sized mid-sagital crests depending on how much fruit and meat is in their diet (smaller crest=more fruits; bigger crest= tougher plant food).
The position of the eye orbits tells you whether the animal was a predator or a herbivore. forward facing eyes = predator. Side facing eyes = herbivore.
The size of the gut, as shown by how the rib cage is shaped, tells you the quality of the food. Bigger gut equals harder to digest foods, like leaves and bark. Smaller gut equals higher quality foods. Humans have very, very small guts b/c we eat cooked and processed foods. Now our foods can be refined sugars - if that continues, I'd expect our gut sizes to continue to decrease over the next few thousand years.
In primates, by looking at the incisors, canines, pre-molars and molars, I can tell you what diet they had from leaves and bark to herbs, soft leaves and fruit, to fruit, some insects and meat, to insects only, to highly processed foods.
Did that make sense?
The trend in hominin evolution is that our guts and teeth have been decreasing in size because our food became higher and higher quality. By the time you get to humans, we have small guts b/c of cooked and processed foods (by this I mean pickling and preserving of various kinds - there are lots of primitive ways to do this). When agriculture was invented 12 000 years ago, our guts got even smaller and our bones became slighter - and we became weaker.
I dunno... That's a lot of words...
LOL, just kidding. I've got a lot of work to get done, I'll read it this afternoon & I promise to read it twice.

Good day

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#548619 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
They say there is no God, "but if there is, He created AIDS".
LOL, they're a silly bunch of hypocrites.
SIN is a sickness. the worst kind, it rots both soul and flesh.

they are under the influence of a strong power and don't even know it.
Orangelion

Mold, UK

#548621 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then how old are you, dear sir? Logic peaks in early adulthood, huh? I have real troubles believing that...at least for me :p
I already did explain: Exodus, sites and locations that did not exist when they claimed Exodus happened.
Jericho is another one - didn't exist as a city when the Bible says it did.
Why is the Bible "innocent" until proven guilty anyways? I'm all for taking it at face value - except for the miracles - and testing these, as if they were predictions. So far, much archaeology doesn't bear the Bible out. Little or no evidence to back up its claims, some outright falsehoods.
I doubt too that logic actually peaks at early adulthood, I simply said it as a subtle white lie to so you at least will understand that I already have dismissed you as 16, besides, if you feel I was suspicous, you simply had to prove yourself. Now I do feel your older than 16, but I still would like a reply to the, "I'm an unmarried girl and your an unmarried man, thats innappropriate", do you have problems with your conscience? Where you made you feel guilty by your parents about it and they raised you to think in that way? Are you simply trying to turn back on your parents now as an adult? That statement you made had a resemblance to te Bill Gothard style envangelic.

Jericho might have had evidence for it. You still have to be careful, since for decades(Probably a century), historians ridiculed christians
and the bible for the existence of the hittites being believed, until in 1906 evidence was actually found.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#548622 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The first one wasn't "foreign", it's classic American....
Nice try trying to get around the point I was making.

Actually, not even that nice a try since your effort failed.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#548623 Oct 10, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit! I just had a huge portion of pork tenderloin for lunch yesterday. I guess I'm going to start feeling the flames of hades flicking at my heels really soon.
About football: Lev. 11:6-8.... But footballs are not made of pig skin anymore. I was just being a smart ass to show how absurd it is to apply a milleniums old book of cultural customs to support bigoted forms of thinking, today.
really? well then when your arteries clog up for all that pork and other things that are not good for you.....and you suffer heart attacks or strokes or diebetes, then you will have a very hard time justifying that statement that the HOLY Bible is 'absurd'.

GOD knows you better than you know yourself, HE CREATED YOU.
and any restrictions He gives is to benefit you, not harm you.
but like all heathens you are 'self serving' and could care less about what is best or what is right.

thats why God lets you have it your own way, so you can't blame Him when pay day arrives.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548625 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You repeat that over & over & over. You're obsessed with Eve being created by a man but NOT the man being created from dust...
THAT shows your disdain of men. Get over it.
WRONG- yet AGAIN!

Amazing!

The MORON story could be that the first MAN was created from a rib of the first WOMAN- wouldn't make that story any less moronic.

The MORON story could be that the first female goat was created from a rib of the first male goat- wouldn't make that story any less moronic.

The MORON story could be that the first MALE goat was created from a rib of the first FEMALE goat- wouldn't make that story any less moronic.

The POINT, RR is simply this: It is MORONIC and STUPID to believe that ANY being could be created from the RIB of any OTHER being- gender and human or non-human animal having absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

And the same goes for a being having been created from DUST.

Nope- I have NO disdain for the male gender at ALL, but for YOU, my disdain is quite limitless, but luckily for ALL concerned, you are as far from representative of the male gender as is possible.

And the reason I repeat that STUPID rib story over and over is to show you UP for being someone who is totally out of touch with reality and apparently knows NOTHING about the most basic of biology.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548626 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do know what theory means & I know the difference between theory & scientific theory, so don't bother. Please.
No, you don't seem to have it above.

What does theory do in science? What is the function of theory?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548628 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No- you do NOT know the difference. You have been TOLD the difference and the difference has been explained to you countless times, but for you to actually THINK about what the difference is makes your brain itch too much.

But I will say at least part of this post of yours is correct:

Science has its THEORIES (proven by FACT) and religion has its FAIRY TALES- all of them SO preposterous and outlandish that they can't be proven to be fact because they are NOT and no one with a truly thinking brain takes ANY of the FAIRY TALES of religion seriously.

Only those with brains of a very slow child would even begin to believe that even ONE word of the bible- or any book of faith for that matter- is FACT.

Then again, I'm sure many children believe that Mother Goose nursery rhymes are fact and that many believe the existence of Santa Claus is fact.

Of course, they have a perfectly valid excuse- they are CHILDREN and their brains are still developing.

What is YOUR excuse, other than that somehow along the way, the growth and development of YOUR brain became stunted?

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#548629 Oct 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you omit verse 21?
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
But of course saying “take note” makes it all OK and a highly civilised pass time and the humane way to treat children (of any age)– right?
i didn't OMIT 21, i typed out 18-20

yes they stoned those who broke the law.

5th commandment, honor thy Father and thy Mother.

it was THE LAW..........and a glutton and a Drunkard who refused to heed warning, was stoned.

your 25 yr old son or daughter spends his or her life rebelling against you, ignoring your instrution of raising, getting drunk, not doing what is right, and breaking the law, MORE THAN ONCE
WILL find themself in violation of the law.
and the law WILL punish the person according to the standards it has set.

why is it you ANTI-God people think there should be no 'justice' or due punishment for breaking the law?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#548630 Oct 10, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
really? well then when your arteries clog up for all that pork and other things that are not good for you.....and you suffer heart attacks or strokes or diebetes, then you will have a very hard time justifying that statement that the HOLY Bible is 'absurd'.
GOD knows you better than you know yourself, HE CREATED YOU.
and any restrictions He gives is to benefit you, not harm you.
but like all heathens you are 'self serving' and could care less about what is best or what is right.
thats why God lets you have it your own way, so you can't blame Him when pay day arrives.
Hey- talk to Riverside about this- a few weeks ago, he posted that he loves "fat meat".

And like you, Riverside believes the bible to be the word of your god, so perhaps you should be lecturing a fellow believer about their "sinful" ways.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548632 Oct 10, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt too that logic actually peaks at early adulthood, I simply said it as a subtle white lie to so you at least will understand that I already have dismissed you as 16, besides, if you feel I was suspicous, you simply had to prove yourself. Now I do feel your older than 16, but I still would like a reply to the, "I'm an unmarried girl and your an unmarried man, thats innappropriate", do you have problems with your conscience?
First: reply button. Learn its location, use it.

Second: what is your odd obsession with proving I'm not 16?

Third: did you miss the videos I linked for you?
Where you made you feel guilty by your parents about it and they raised you to think in that way? Are you simply trying to turn back on your parents now as an adult? That statement you made had a resemblance to te Bill Gothard style envangelic.
Huh? me no savvy

<sigh> no prince charming, no clothes coming off!

:p
Jericho might have had evidence for it. You still have to be careful, since for decades(Probably a century), historians ridiculed christians and the bible for the existence of the hittites being believed, until in 1906 evidence was actually found.
I don't know much about Bible studies, to be honest. Not my field. I keep up enough in arky to know that no one takes the Bible as 100% accurate evidence anymore and that it is looked at with skepticism. Also, no archaeologist seriously believes in the miracles described in the Bible. For most archaeologists, but not all, it's just another ancient text to be examined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Pad 579,653
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 19 min richyric 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min LAWEST100 610,080
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,101
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr AlmostDied 292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Aura Mytha 270,227
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr fadu singh 9,265
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 40,005
More from around the web