“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#548415 Oct 9, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we've broken it. I don't think there has been any species on earth that has killed, destroyed or changed the earth in such a small amount of time as we have. Unless you count viruses I think that.......
???? Did i just sound like agent Smith....?!?!?
LOL! I guess so!
We have far outperformed any species in previous existence(that we know of as yet) in almost every way. That is cognizant ingenuity. We now need to focus on ecological balance within our sphere of influence, and barring uncontrollable natural disasters(intra or extra planet)we should be able to sustain existence as long as we need, and develop the technology to migrate into habitable places beyond our solar system.
Look out Cygnet, here we come (again)!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#548416 Oct 9, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. dog just wanted to get off ..
.. ever masturbate ??..
I have to go to a meeting now.

It should be no more than an hour and a half.

:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#548417 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>In actual fact, you have no facts. The idea of the 19 million year old Jurassic rat being your oldest ancestor may seem plausible and likely for you, answering a lot of genetic problems you might experience, but I assure you that your oldest ancestor is not a rat. Mouse, maybe.
You do not get to decide what science is credible, based on your small universe and insignificant role in life. How can you measure anything other than your lack of contribution to life. Now, that might lend credence to a rat-like origin, thus the rat race and all of it's traps and pitfalls, and your need to bounce from one flat earth like theory to another.....
I have no clue where you came up with the idea that people think we came from rats, or that I have stated that, because neither are true. Yes, we are all animals, and yes, humans are primates, and that came from the man-devised classification system of all living things. Yes we evolved from a more primitive form but we did not evolve from rats. We and rats evolved from some common ancestor which existed millions of years ago, and I don't know what that ancestor was called.

Throwing crap into a discussion like that just shows stupidity on your part.

I do not have a belief in a god, and I am also vehemently opposed to assholes who discriminate against gays, though I am not gay myself, but that doesn't mean that because I do or don't do those things that I promote anything to do with evolution or science.

I trust in science that has been proved, because I have an education in science, and because what is published by eminent scientists has been tested and proved. Evolution did occur and is occurring because we have the evidence for it, including existing species today (in some places) where the same animal shows different characteristics depending on where its habitat is, whether cold or hot.

I know that we did not get created by some invisible entity which has never been seen, nobody has a clue about, and there is no evidence of such an existence, but I don't know all the facts about what happened billions of years ago, and frankly I doubt very much if knowing is going to change my life a whole lot, what there is left of it, because at 65 and the average life expectancy of males being in the mid to high 70s, with my dad and 2 of his 3 brothers living into their 80s, I am looking at maybe 15 or so years left to live, after which I won't exist anywhere.

I am getting rather tired of people, like you, coming onto these site spouting nonsense when you have dick all to add to the site. You have no proofs, yet you seem to keep wanting to push Bible verses, and religious cliches on us, as if that is some sort of evidence (which is sure as hell isn't).

If a god does exist, neither you nor I nor anyone else on this site or on this earth know that to be a fact and you fanatics can say otherwise till the cows come home, but it ain't gonna make it so.

Location hidden

#548418 Oct 9, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We've used our energy to add order to it.
We have engineered our environment as opposed to letting our environment engineer us.
Some of what we've done has had unforeseen consequences, but we're far from having broken anything.
Our evolution will continue, but in a more intellectual rather than physical direction.
I agree!

Location hidden

#548419 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know and Plato, Aristotle, Imhotep, and Socrates are all made up and you will have to take my word for MLK being alive, since you never met him in person. Hmmm, I am still waiting for you to produce a 2 million year old human, to tell you his story. Right now, maybe they will try to revive the 195 million year old Jurassic rat, but I fear not, les they discover that it was just an old field rat which a slight species variation. Well, you will have to wait on your Uncle Rat to be proven and it to speak. We are certain that it was a gay rat too, so we will have proof of a 195 million year old gay rat, that speaks. BAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ...your myth trumps them all.
You are accusing me of claims I have not made. Those people, or someone who wrote as them, did exist because we have their writings. We do not have the writings of 500 witnesses of the events in Jesus life. Nothing was put in writing, that we are yet aware of, until several decades after the alleged stories, which would mean that the stories would be terribly distorted even if they had a grain of truth to them.

It doesn't affect our life or our eternal soul's fate whether historians, and Greek philosophers were telling the truth or not, so it is not incumbent upon us to consider how truthful their accounts were.

It doesn't really matter one hell of a lot whether Cartier, Columbus, the Vikings, Joseph Smith's imaginary Jews, and all the rest actually did exactly as we are told in books, because we are here, and we know we got here somehow, sometime. Naturally the historical accounts of early explorers, would only be edited guesses of what actually happened, because except for an occasional explorer who might have also happened to be a writer, they were probably spending more time trying to stay alive then they were recording exact details of what they did.

When they did arrive back in their homeland after months or years of travel, and gave a report which eventually some authors adapted into history books, they no doubt made up a lot of the actual details, because they would not have remembered everything, and also they would want to tell the story that put them in a good light, rather than possibly getting them hung, for atrocities that they committed while exploring the new world.

Everything we read, that claims to be historical, HAS to be taken with a grain of salt, knowing that what is written is only the author's ideas or opinions about whatever he is writing about, and may or may not be factual.
mee2

Nashville, TN

#548420 Oct 9, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
to a non-believer there can never be eneugh proof , a believer he needs no proof

Location hidden

#548421 Oct 9, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>HARDLY BOOOOTS.
We are arguing preponderance of evidence of actuality vs. abstract(which has no ground in actuality). Therefore the result of abstract claims(actions) has to show bearing as actual resulting evidence to equate as evidence of argument. Otherwise there is no argument, nor contest for argument.
Relating to God, there is no evidence of actuality, and lots of evidence of the abstract - the beliefs do exist, and some of the believers really do believe; not just say they do. Here I can argue only against claimed proofs of the existence of a god, or of supernatural events which believers claimed happened, but I know from what I have learned there is no proof these things happened, or they have proved to be false (as in the case of the Ark, which has definitely been proved in many ways to be totally false).

I know also that no miracles have ever been scientifically proved to occur, and all claims of miracles, even those claimed to be witnessed by more than one person are very suspect as to being anything more than a natural phenomena or a fake or a myth.

Location hidden

#548422 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, assume that 99% of gays are happy being gay, ok? So then you'd assume that the 1% isn't happy with it. What's wrong with them seeking help or therapy to dissuade their tendancies?
I would guess that many homosexuals need to seek therapy, especially in a homophobic country such as the USA, because they find themselves in a condition which affects them the rest of their lives, and they know that some of the public will persecute them, many will tease them, many will make rude comments about them, and try to keep them from participating in various things that all other humans have the right to do, and in some cases some will even kill or try to kill them. That has to be stressful.

For a very few who think they are gay but truly want to be heterosexual, which I cannot imagine why, then these people will need major psychological help, and possibly hormonal treatments (if such is possible to change their sexual desires into something different than they actually are). Those who have been brainwashed by a religious fanatical organization to think they are evil and must change are being abused by their religion and should get the hell away from it.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#548426 Oct 9, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
No, I just stupidly like arguing with the uninformed. Maybe I'm afraid of doing real work and engaging professionals.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Agreed.
It's good you know that you're the uninformed.

Have you found a psychologist who can help you with your many, many issues yet?

Location hidden

#548431 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Booots, you open your mouth and spew and you think that is okay. 80% of all AIDS cases in Canada are gays, so is that due to homophobia in Canada. With all the gays being hunted down and persecuted in the USA, boooots, you would think that gays would have a better case to point to other than the 1998, Matthew Shepard case, especially since in 2004, they found out that McKinney, his murderer was his gay lover and the murder was not a hate crime, but a crime for money and drugs. This was confirmed by ABC and the prosecutor.
How do you explain this, boooots?:
Jamie Hubley, Gay 15-Year-Old Ottawa, Canada Teen Commits Suicide ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/17/jamie-huble... ...
Oct 17, 2011 · Jamie Hubley, a gay 15-year-old from Ottawa, Canada, committed suicide on Friday. The 10th grade student documented his life, including his …
Gay Ottawa teen who killed himself was bullied - Ottawa - CBC News
www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/10/1... ...
The father of a gay Ottawa teen who committed suicide Saturday told CBC News his son was constantly bullied throughout elementary school and into high school. Allan ...
Youth Suicide Canada Statistics| Canadian Task Force on …
www.canadiancrc.com/Youth_Suicide_in_Canada.a...
In Canada, suicide is the second highest cause of death ... on average, 294 youths die from suicide. Many more attempt suicide. Aboriginal teens and gay ...
Bullied Gay Ottawa Teen Jamie Hubley Commits Suicide; Like …
www.towleroad.com/2011/10/hubley.html
Another horrific gay teen suicide caused by bullying, I'm so sad to report. Gay 15-year-old Ottawa, Canada teen Jamie Hubley killed himself on Friday. Bullying …
Suicide in Canada - Fathers for Life
fathersforlife.org/health/cansuic.htm
Gay Issues: Hate, Hoaxes and Propaganda: Health: Help Lines for Men: History ... There are other recommendations in Suicide in Canada (1994), but there is nothing …
Two Young Lesbians Commit Suicide In Canada.| PerezHilton.com
perezhilton.com/2010-10-05-two_lesbians_jeani... ...
Home >> Canadialand, Gay Gay Gay, R.I.P., Sad Sad >> Two Young Lesbians Commit Suicide In Canada.... "Two Young Lesbians Commit Suicide In Canada…
Gay Teen In Canada Commits Suicide After Repeated Bullying |…
www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/10/gay-te... ...
Oct 17, 2011 · Only weeks after a 14-year-old openly gay boy in Buffalo, New York committed suicide after enduring repeated bullying from his classmates, it’s …
Ottawa boy's suicide affects gay teens - Ottawa - CBC News
www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/10/1... ...
The suicide of 15-year-old Jamie Hubley has stretched far beyond the nation's capital, affecting other gay and lesbian teenagers across Canada. Hubley wrote on his ...
Were all of those links about the same event to support my statement? I know that gays are prone to depression because of how society treats them.

Location hidden

#548433 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>In America alone there are over 50,000 ex-gays and 10 ex-gayu organizations. What has hormonal treatment got to do with it, they are not transsexuals? The rate of suicide among ex-gays is almost nonexistent compared to the rate among gays. That is odd, since ex-gays find difficult finding a voice among heterosexuals and they are prersecuted by gays and hated by gays. Yeah right, boooots, and the pedophiles, rapists and incest can claim the same thing about their sin. No, we should not judge thieves, since they were likely just hungry, and so we should let them go. So, if theif kills someone, then we should just call it collateral damage.
""Conversion" or "reparative" therapies include a wide variety of techniques from counseling to shock therapy to -- in extreme cases -- exorcism, used in an attempt to "cure" individuals of their homosexual and transgender orientations and identities. However, in recent years, even those who once championed the idea that someone can convert to heterosexuality have admitted that viewpoint is flawed.

In April, Dr. Robert Spitzer, author of a landmark 2001 study that claimed gay people could be alleviated of their homosexuality, admitted that, "In retrospect, I have to admit I think the critiques [of my study] are largely correct... The findings can be considered evidence for what those who have undergone ex-gay therapy say about it, but nothing more.”

As SFGate.com reported, Brown said, "This bill bans non-scientific 'therapies' that have driven young people to depression and suicide. These practices have no basis in science or medicine and they will now be relegated to the dustbin of quackery."

In a press release, the Human Rights Campaign responded to Brown's signing of the bill:

"We're grateful to Governor Brown for standing with California's children. LGBT youth will now be protected from a practice that has not only been debunked as junk science, but has been proven to have drastically negative effects on their well-being. We commend Governor Brown for putting children first, and call on all states to take California’s lead on this issue. We will continue our fight against this kind of child abuse, which has been deemed harmful to children by all major mental health, medical, and child welfare organizations."

Are you referring to the 50,000 people who signed a petition to gov Brown? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/30/jerr...

Location hidden

#548434 Oct 9, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
THAT part's not exaggerated.
OR metaphorical.
THAT part's real.
So sayeth RR.
All hail RR.
Yeah. But "in the beginning" is only the first 3 words.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548435 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So...
Hey, glad you're still meticulously keeping up with each and every one of my posts!

You might actually learn something.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548436 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, Hiding, when God created the Earth, it was pure. Humans & all the other animals are wrecking it in a lot of ways, including things like malaria.
Just because God created the Earth doesn't mean He created everything thereafter. Does that make sense?
So...God is an accretion disk at a gravity well???

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548437 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, Hiding, I get that a lot of other mammals commit to gay sex. I know that. I used to have a dog that'd screw a knot hole if it had fresh sap in it... That doesn't make it natural, though. He's just a dumb dog. Humans aren't like other animals.
You and Nano use the word "natural" to mean "in agreement with my understanding of morality, given to me by my religion."

For some strange reason, you don't think animals are natural - you expressed this "...just a dumb dog." So animals can't be natural because they're dumb.

Then you say that humans performing homosexual behavior aren't natural because...humans are "not like other animals."

In other words "natural" to you means "Riverside approves of."

You have so distorted the meaning of natural that it no longer holds meaning - it can't even refer to the animal world in your views. You were more honest when you simply said "I don't like gays." Now you're just distorting words and moving goal posts to illogically back up your religious dislike of a behavior you don't understand.

Location hidden

#548438 Oct 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Relating to God, there is no evidence of actuality, and lots of evidence of the abstract - the beliefs do exist, and some of the believers really do believe; not just say they do. Here I can argue only against claimed proofs of the existence of a god, or of supernatural events which believers claimed happened, but I know from what I have learned there is no proof these things happened, or they have proved to be false (as in the case of the Ark, which has definitely been proved in many ways to be totally false).
I know also that no miracles have ever been scientifically proved to occur, and all claims of miracles, even those claimed to be witnessed by more than one person are very suspect as to being anything more than a natural phenomena or a fake or a myth.
There ya go! That's what I'm talking about.

Location hidden

#548439 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you telling me. I was the cop in the Village People.
I would have pegged you for the Indian Chief. Feathers and all.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#548440 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, that is why you are such an angry poster.
reported

Location hidden

#548441 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So your argument is that animals are not animals, and you are not smart. Well, it kind of proves itself.
Don't you have a 12 year old to molest? Maybe a lamb? Puppy?

Big chewy toy?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#548442 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, that is why you are such an angry poster.
Hi Viking!
How are the new socks ? You were a busy boy knitting in August.

How long before this batch gets chucked in the hamper by the mods ?

BTW, Jesus wasn't resurrected and isn't God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min chie rocco 119,700
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min who 265,590
Gay snapchat names 14 min edm732 188
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min truth 560,749
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 33 min Clear Dharma 59
priestessobodo@gmail.com 41 min jessica 1
4K Blu-ray is coming and are you ready for that? 46 min BerryCarol 3
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 605,392
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,940
More from around the web