Comments
521,361 - 521,380 of 733,143 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#548275 Oct 9, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on Broadway near Redondo--ConRev. You should see the outfits they're selling for Halloween.
OOOOOOOOOOOOWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .
Hey dude, can you get me a discount?(Not on the item in question though.)
I'll speak to Shana but I also know
Krystal out in Upland than can get you some sweet deals too.....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#548276 Oct 9, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Some theories have surfaced "pun intended" that the volcanic eruption on the island of Santorini may have caused the parting of the Reed Sea and not the Red. Recent Excavations by archeologists claim to have unearthed more than a dozen archeological relics that suggest the exodus took place three centuries earlier than biblical scholars estimate. By reinterpreting artwork at museums in Luxor, Cairo, Athens and elsewhere, Jacobovici dates the exodus to around 1500BC.
That was about the time when some geologists believe the Santorini volcano, 400 miles north of Egypt, erupted in the eastern Mediterranean. Scientists and historians have long speculated that the 10 “plagues” suffered by Egypt might have been linked in a “domino theory” of natural events.
Sounds like I'll keep an open mind on this one.
still something to consider me thinks.
You might want to make note of the aprox. date, and any other historical events and/or occurrences that were recorded.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#548277 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
@scar - The Suez Canal? lol, it's believed that the Red Sea crossing was done at the Gulf of Aqeba(sp?)....
In that location, 63mph winds for 12 hours could recede the water enough to make a land bridge.Thats how God works, He doesnt "poof" things...
How do you know how "God" works?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548278 Oct 9, 2012
@Black. I think it's immoral & cruel for a human to eat a gazelle while it's still alive. We're smarter than lions. We're better than lions. And we have empathy...
That's why.
Better?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#548280 Oct 9, 2012
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Karl: I don't reckon you have to go with women to be a good daddy to a boy. You been real square-dealin' with me. The Bible says two men ought not lay together. But I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades. That Frank, he lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in. You take good care of that boy.
I like them French fried potaters.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#548281 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
@Hukt, again, I don't find anything lacking about the Bible. Nothing. I'm not "grasping" for anything at all, just showing how some of God's miracles can be scientifically explained. Even the ones that can't, I don't care. I still believe they happened.
Then your Bible falters... and science doesn't.

That's what you're saying.

You need proof, because your faith is inadequate.

Location hidden

#548283 Oct 9, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>well aren't we humans already here due to unnatural means?
If you believe evolution then we have began to tinker and even dismantle natural evolution. We allow the weak to survive and pass down their weaker genes. We no longer fear predators, have to outrun, out fight fine tune our senses.
Humans are no longer "natural" or part of nature and we haven't been for a very long time.
If you believe in God, then haven't we began to do for ourselves rather than rely on him?
Either way, we have broken the natural order of things and just like Humpty Dumpty, were trying to put it back together again.
HA!
Interesting observation...
Have we broken it? Or have we enhanced it?
What was said in Genesis about it?

Location hidden

#548286 Oct 9, 2012
@Hukt. It says so in the Bible. Isaiah 55:9. God is an amazing being. Capable of more than we can pretend to know.
Remember, Bruce Almighty was just a movie...

Location hidden

#548287 Oct 9, 2012
@Hukt, I don't need proof. Where'd you get that?
God proved Himself to me without me asking for it, directly.
Science doesn't falter?!? HA
So.... insects really do grow from spoiling food, as science once thought?

Location hidden

#548288 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
@Black. I think it's immoral & cruel for a human to eat a gazelle while it's still alive. We're smarter than lions. We're better than lions. And we have empathy...
That's why.
Better?
Yes.
I agree...Thanks.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#548289 Oct 9, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I like them French fried potaters.
That was a good movie, IMO.

Location hidden

#548291 Oct 9, 2012
Al, you're a strange Christian, my man. "aren't humans here by unnatural means"?
Please elaborate what you mean.
Do you think God is unnatural?
Was Adam brought to life by unnatural means?
Do you believe that Adam & Eve existed?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#548292 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, did you get that from your evil bible website.
Take it out of context & it sounds bad...
Psalm 137:7-9
7 Remember, Lord, what the Edomites did
    on the day Jerusalem fell.
“Tear it down,” they cried,
    “tear it down to its foundations!”
8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
    happy is the one who repays you
    according to what you have done to us.
9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
    and dashes them against the rocks.
So you see, that's telling you what the Edomites did. Not God.
The Edomites were murderous, evil, atheist, godless people that were even mentioned ny the Egyptians. A pharoah Mernetah, I believe.
Point is, don't assume that what you read from a webaite called evil bible will be honest.
Atheism is a very recent development , it's impossible Edomites were atheists.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#548293 Oct 9, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Some theories have surfaced "pun intended" that the volcanic eruption on the island of Santorini may have caused the parting of the Reed Sea and not the Red. Recent Excavations by archeologists claim to have unearthed more than a dozen archeological relics that suggest the exodus took place three centuries earlier than biblical scholars estimate. By reinterpreting artwork at museums in Luxor, Cairo, Athens and elsewhere, Jacobovici dates the exodus to around 1500BC.
That was about the time when some geologists believe the Santorini volcano, 400 miles north of Egypt, erupted in the eastern Mediterranean. Scientists and historians have long speculated that the 10 “plagues” suffered by Egypt might have been linked in a “domino theory” of natural events.
Sounds like I'll keep an open mind on this one.
still something to consider me thinks.
Thanks, Al.

I'll look into this. I'm always open to the ideas and theories that are put forth.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#548294 Oct 9, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, two things you do not know, how God works and how humans are supposed to work. The evidence you present proves that as fact.
No, it doesn't.

You don't understand the meaning of the word "evidence".

That's evidently a fact.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#548295 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
@Hukt. It says so in the Bible. Isaiah 55:9. God is an amazing being. Capable of more than we can pretend to know.
...and the Bible is just a book.

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#548296 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
..and that's a bit of the bible you like, so you believe that particular bit?

Location hidden

#548298 Oct 9, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the Grand Canyon was formed in 5 days.
Thank you god.
5 million years and 5 days.

Location hidden

#548299 Oct 9, 2012
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Fugg!
Can't even correct myself correctly.
Never mind.
Plead Nolo correcto...lol

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#548302 Oct 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
@scar - The Suez Canal? lol, it's believed that the Red Sea crossing was done at the Gulf of Aqeba(sp?)....
In that location, 63mph winds for 12 hours could recede the water enough to make a land bridge.Thats how God works, He doesnt "poof" things...
Looking at the depths given for now, and the depths of the area that are estimated to have been during the time period, honestly, I don't think it's possible.

It's one thing to imagine 2-3 meters of water to have been displaced(it still strains the imagination), and it is pretty much impossible to imagine 50 meters of water to have been displaced, across a 1000 meter stretch.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The point remains, there is no evidence of the "Exodus" having ever occurred.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min fear4 599,965
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min RADEKT 258,038
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 539,058
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min Israelis r Marxis... 117,988
Last Word + 2 20 min Tender Mercies 523
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 36,754
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 42 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,426
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min CunningLinguist 226,367
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••