“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#548750 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
oops...
You know it makes sense, though.
No- it really doesn't. Just like most of what comes out of a fortune cookie makes no sense or doesn't really say anything- just like what you had posted.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#548752 Oct 10, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you there, as even if a childs thought just sounds like some idea he's got in his head it can sometimes get the person to think and get him onto something. It happened with me plenty of times, sometimes kids might say daft things, but it still gets me thinking and being onto something. The thing was about her was her very aggressive and know it all questions, she could have simply asked saying, "but does this happen", "but why does it", "why not", but instead she had the be her rudest.
People on here are usually rude... I've kinda come to expect it when I come here. Hell, even I can be an asshole sometimes on here. I have met some incredible people on here though... Atheists, Agnostics, Christian... All types. All interesting people.

I guess the key to it all is to expect people to get angry, and not get butthurt about it. My philosophy anyway.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#548753 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do elements not evolve?
Oxygen has always been oxygen, right?
Carbon has always been carbon, right?
Water has always been water...
Every life on Earth is made of elements & are thought to have evolved. Why hasn't elements evolved?
Not sure what you are asking, but elements do evolve. If you look at the periodic table of elements you will find that elements on that table can evolve to other elements, under certain conditions, and only from certain elements to certain other elements, and no, I don't know everything there is to know about that. I did have to know the periodic table back in school, but it is much larger now, as new elements have been discovered, and in some cases, created.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548754 Oct 10, 2012
What about the peppered moth, the black moths simply were less able to survive when the pale berch tree came. The darkened berch came and the darker moths survived. It is simply the case that different types of moths survive better. Of course I'm no racist but lets say there was a war between black and white people, if the black people of winning the more black people are born, the more the white people win the more white people born, the white people don't become black people, or black people become white people, it is simply one race is born over the other.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#548755 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of gaps...
It's like a 1,000 piece puzzle & they've found like 4 pieces....
Heh, as far as I know, it's the best model that we, as humans have to go on. I understand very little of it, but people much smarter than me believe that it's true and that there's a lot of evidence for it, so therefore I will as well. I don't have time to be a scholar in such matters... But also won't pretend that I know more about the issue than I really do.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#548756 Oct 10, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why is everything about religion with you?
Everything is not about religion with me.

You know better than that.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548757 Oct 10, 2012
And when animals adapt, the adaptation is supposed to be permanant, its supposed to be improving to more conditions it faces, not simply suited to the condition its already in, that isn't improving, that is simply suiting the enviroment. The peppered moth should have the ability to change colour anyway at anytime to suit the enviroment if it is to adapt to improve its survival of the fittest. Fish have adapted to living on land have they? Is this really survival of the fittest, it isn't survival of the fittest anymore if he is in the see again and drownin. Evolution is flawed.

Location hidden

#548758 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are just lying. Christians experience miracles and I for one am one. Scientists accept the supernatural as is, which means that it is not natural and beyond science. You're tryiing to travel 500 trillion miles, with a 5 hour air time plane. The problem is your equipment, and it is not sufficient. Gosh, it barely works for routine things in your life, how can you demand more out of it.
Apparently it works better than yours. You cannot give me a proved example of a 'miracle' that cannot possibly have a natural explanation.

If you think you have more intelligence or education or knowledge than I do, then perhaps you could be wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548759 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, you don't.
If you did, you would know and accept that SCIENTIFIC theory is based on FACT and what has been tried and has been proven to be true.
And you would know that a SCIENTIFIC theory is NOT "guesswork".
We've been through this before. You have a superiority complex & an obvious short term memory.

A scientific theory is some explanation for something natural that is based on a body of facts... My problem is, do they got their 'facts' right?

Here's theory:
theory
noun
1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.

hmmm.... Also "tested"...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548761 Oct 10, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I understand... Environment doesn't have a factor on what the end state in the decay process is... In evolution, the environment is key, and the end state is not known. If there is an end state. Living organisms change, and the changes that make it easier to survive will usually be passed on... A decaying isotope will just decay.
Ok, so then why does DNA evolve but the elements that make DNA don't?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548762 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This is nothing new OR original.
Just a month or so ago, I posted many such laws in all 50 states- they are simply laws "on the books" which not only aren't enforceable, no one would care enough to bother to enforce them anyway.
At any rate, such silly laws are in NO way unique to California.
I know, I never said they were. It's the new, "No gay therapy" law that's just added to the bullcrap list. It robs yet another freedom.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548770 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No-
Thanks for playing!
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548779 Oct 10, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
People on here are usually rude... I've kinda come to expect it when I come here. Hell, even I can be an asshole sometimes on here. I have met some incredible people on here though... Atheists, Agnostics, Christian... All types. All interesting people.
I guess the key to it all is to expect people to get angry, and not get butthurt about it. My philosophy anyway.
Me too lol, I can sometimes be a bit mean, there are plenty of interesting characters on topix.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548780 Oct 10, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you are asking, but elements do evolve. If you look at the periodic table of elements you will find that elements on that table can evolve to other elements, under certain conditions, and only from certain elements to certain other elements, and no, I don't know everything there is to know about that. I did have to know the periodic table back in school, but it is much larger now, as new elements have been discovered, and in some cases, created.
Which ones?

Location hidden

#548781 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant, you mean Mr. Spitzer, because he was retired and conducted no new studies to base a recant. That is why the Archives of Sexual Behavior have no rebuttal to his studies.
I do not need a break, you provide a link of those who have medically been proven to be born gay.
As for Dr. Spitzer, he initially conducted studies regarding homosexuality, and thought he was doing gays a favor by removing homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973. But, 500 gays petitioned him to not abandon them, so he started back his research, which led to his PEER REVIEWED AND PUBLISHED STUDY IN 2002.
No, we will stay with 100,000 ex-gays.
Evangelist Lou Engle Will Recruit 100,000 Ex-Gays To Heal AIDS | Lou Engle, who organizes 12-hour anti-gay prayer rallies known as The Call, has a new plan for his radical right-wing agenda. He is going to recruit a “first wave” of 100,000 gay men and lesbians who have “come to Christ” that will reach out to other gays and lesbians with “radical salvations and healings of AIDS.” Watch him tell the members of The Ramp, his anti-gay youth ministry, that “this is the issue of your day”:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/07/05/5115...
The first ex-gay ministry, Love in Action, was formed in 1973.[16] Three years later, with other ex-gay organizations, it formed Exodus International, the largest ex-gay organization and the largest organization under the Exodus Global Alliance. Other ex-gay organizations cater to a specific religious groups, such as Courage International for Catholics, Evergreen International for Mormons (LDS), and JONAH for Jews.
Some groups follow a specific technique, such as Homosexuals Anonymous,[17] modeled after the Alcoholics Anonymous twelve-step program. Other ex-gay organizations include Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays.

Donnie McClurkin wrote about his experience with homosexuality in his book, Eternal Victim, Eternal Victor.[20] He describes himself as going through a process by which he became "saved and sanctified." McClurkin has been criticized for stating homosexuality is a curse.[21] He speaks openly about sexual issues since becoming the biological father of a child with a woman to whom he was not married.[22] He uses these experiences in his concerts and speaking engagements. In 2004, he sang at the Republican National Convention.[21][23] The appearance generated criticism for the event organizers and McClurkin for his statements on homosexuality.[24]
John Paulk, then leader of Focus on the Family's Love Won Out conference and chairman of the board for Exodus International North America, was spotted visiting a Washington, D.C. gay bar in September 2000. He was photographed outside of the bar from behind by Wayne Besen,[25] and later stepped down from the two organizations.[26]
Jeffrey Satinover is an American psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, and physicist. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of NARTH.[27]
Charles Socarides was an American psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, physician, educator, and author. He helped found NARTH in 1992
SO, IS YOUR BUTT HURTING, FROM GETTING SPANKED WITH FACTS?
Any religious fundamentalist link is of no interest to me.

Homosexuality is not considered a psychiatric illness, and though I am sure that gays, who have psychiatric issues, can certainly get therapy from psychiatrists or psychologists, and some may even become indoctrinated to not be engaging in homosexuality any longer, if they are truly gay oriented in the first place, aside from some sort of brain surgery, hormone replacement therapy and that type of thing, they will stay gay oriented their whole life.

that does not mean that I think there are surgeries or therapies that would work; I am just allowing for that possibility should it be discovered.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548782 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you simply are a liar, and you support the fact that gay suicide is a major problem in Canada. You ignored the 80% people in Canada with AIDS being gay, up from the 73% in the USA.
Suicide is a mental illness, depression is a part of it, most depression and suicides are relation issues. They are called by failed relationships, family and primarily mental, it is mental illness. Funny thing, pedophiles, unless gay do not experience the same depression, pathology and suicide, I guess you accept pedophiles over homosexuals and your society too. ODD.
Notice, in the second list, you find bullying, but it is only coupled with all of these other things. If bully were a major factor, with gays accounting for over 53% of suicides, then it would be higher. Suicide is a choice thing, and a decision has to be made. It is mental illness to make this decision and 53% of the time it is a gay.
HERE ARE THE COMMON CAUSES OF SUICIDE TENDENCIES:
Suicidal tendencies Common CausesSome of the common causes of Suicidal tendencies may include:
•Insomnia
•Chronic fatigue syndrome
•Depression
•Dementia
•Renal failure
•Cirrhosis of liver
•Alzheimer's disease
•Cocaine abuse
•Huntington's disease
•Brain injury
Many people die by suicide because depression is triggered by several negative life experiences, and the person does not receive treatment – or does not receive effective treatment – for the depression.(Some people need to go through several treatments until they find one that works for them.)
Some of the negative life experiences that may cause depression, and some other causes for depression, include:
The death of a loved one.
A divorce, separation, or breakup of a relationship.
Losing custody of children, or feeling that a child custody decision is not fair.
A serious loss, such as a loss of a job, house, or money.
A serious illness.
A terminal illness.
A serious accident.
Chronic physical pain.
Intense emotional pain.
Loss of hope.
Being victimized (domestic violence, rape, assault, etc).
A loved one being victimized (child murder, child molestation, kidnapping, murder, rape, assault, etc.).
Physical abuse.
Verbal abuse.
Sexual abuse.
Unresolved abuse (of any kind) from the past.
Feeling "trapped" in a situation perceived as negative.
Feeling that things will never "get better."
Feeling helpless.
Serious legal problems, such as criminal prosecution or incarceration.
Feeling "taken advantage of."
Inability to deal with a perceived "humiliating" situation.
Inability to deal with a perceived "failure."
Alcohol abuse.
Drug abuse.
A feeling of not being accepted by family, friends, or society.
A horrible disappointment.
Feeling like one has not lived up to his or her high expectations or those of another.
Bullying.(Adults, as well as children, can be bullied.)
Low self-esteem.
Apparently homosexuality in males occours because of a poor relationship with the father and being abuse by him, he is then unable to form his male identity and looks to other males, and becomes gay.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548783 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is a cop-out, because those people do not believe. They say that they are simply propagated the best possible conclusion for the time. Also, much smarter people than you who are also scientists do not believe that theory. You have simply chosen what to believe, therefore who. I do not necessary everything, but I know enough to know when BS is meetin BS, and that often happens with science.
He said is was an agnostic, not an atheist, which means he should be open to both.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548785 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that it is like a 1,000,000 piece puzzle & they have found like one piece......
I like the example....evolution is like taking one million buttons and marked them one to one million, they throwing them in the air, repeatedly until they all line up 1,2,3......in order to one million. That is just for one sequence of evolution events, yet alone all the ones necessary.
It seems some people are arrogant enough to say that they "know"...
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548787 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is a cop-out, because those people do not believe. They say that they are simply propagated the best possible conclusion for the time. Also, much smarter people than you who are also scientists do not believe that theory. You have simply chosen what to believe, therefore who. I do not necessary everything, but I know enough to know when BS is meetin BS, and that often happens with science.
He also claimed to be an agnostic, not an atheist. I'm not surprised he said there are people smarter than me who might be able to fill in the gaps, evolution is so daft, you would have as a suspension of disbelief the fact that people, experts are smart enough to actually give evidence. Evolution isn't trustworthy.

Location hidden

#548788 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant, you mean Mr. Spitzer, because he was retired and conducted no new studies to base a recant. That is why the Archives of Sexual Behavior have no rebuttal to his studies.
I do not need a break, you provide a link of those who have medically been proven to be born gay.
As for Dr. Spitzer, he initially conducted studies regarding homosexuality, and thought he was doing gays a favor by removing homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973. But, 500 gays petitioned him to not abandon them, so he started back his research, which led to his PEER REVIEWED AND PUBLISHED STUDY IN 2002.
No, we will stay with 100,000 ex-gays.
Evangelist Lou Engle Will Recruit 100,000 Ex-Gays To Heal AIDS | Lou Engle, who organizes 12-hour anti-gay prayer rallies known as The Call, has a new plan for his radical right-wing agenda. He is going to recruit a “first wave” of 100,000 gay men and lesbians who have “come to Christ” that will reach out to other gays and lesbians with “radical salvations and healings of AIDS.” Watch him tell the members of The Ramp, his anti-gay youth ministry, that “this is the issue of your day”:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/07/05/5115...
The first ex-gay ministry, Love in Action, was formed in 1973.[16] Three years later, with other ex-gay organizations, it formed Exodus International, the largest ex-gay organization and the largest organization under the Exodus Global Alliance. Other ex-gay organizations cater to a specific religious groups, such as Courage International for Catholics, Evergreen International for Mormons (LDS), and JONAH for Jews.
Some groups follow a specific technique, such as Homosexuals Anonymous,[17] modeled after the Alcoholics Anonymous twelve-step program. Other ex-gay organizations include Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays.
Joe Dallas is the program director of Genesis Counseling.[18] He has written six books on human sexuality.[19]
Donnie McClurkin wrote about his experience with homosexuality in his book, Eternal Victim, Eternal Victor.[20] He describes himself as going through a process by which he became "saved and sanctified." McClurkin has been criticized for stating homosexuality is a curse.[21] He speaks openly about sexual issues since becoming the biological father of a child with a woman to whom he was not married.[22] He uses these experiences in his concerts and speaking engagements. In 2004, he sang at the Republican National Convention.[21][23] The appearance generated criticism for the event organizers and McClurkin for his statements on homosexuality.[24]
John Paulk, then leader of Focus on the Family's Love Won Out conference and chairman of the board for Exodus International North America, was spotted visiting a Washington, D.C. gay bar in September 2000. He was photographed outside of the bar from behind by Wayne Besen,[25] and later stepped down from the two organizations.[26]
Jeffrey Satinover is an American psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, and physicist. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of NARTH.[27]
Charles Socarides was an American psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, physician, educator, and author. He helped found NARTH in 1992
SO, IS YOUR BUTT HURTING, FROM GETTING SPANKED WITH FACTS?
Are you aware that groups such as AA have a very high failure rate, something in the 90%+ range if I remember correctly. "Finally, there are a large number of estimates out there that put the success rate of recovery at around 3 to 5 percent." http://www.spiritualriver.com/what-is-the-suc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min Kwisatz Haderach 88,512
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 703,824
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 4 hr stupdwmen 20
Are Ukraine women naturally prideful? 4 hr stupdwmen 4
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 4 hr stupdwmen 3
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 4 hr stupdwmen 3
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 5 hr stupdwmen 7