Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#548695 Oct 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My god, you don’t line Indian food, what is wrong with you?
Here is a tidbit for you Christine , though not exactly what we talked about it is relevant. Freedom is something worth fighting for.
For those who wish it. Freedom to speak your mind, even if there are other that do not like the message.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19901277

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#548696 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
No, being gay can never be a disease, that does not make sense. Also, you can not be AIDS, you contracted it.
What?
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
So, it is homosexuality which is a mental sexual disease of psychotrauymatic origin. Even, the APA, now joining most world and mainstream psychistrists, say that the primary cause of homsoexuality is social and environmental factors.
That's probably incorrect, and irrelevant even if not.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Suicide and depression are based on internal mental conditions and are often relationship related.
You seem to be contradicting yourself. The correct terms are "endogenous" and "reactive depression." The former is considered to arise from disordered chemistry of the brain, the latter from life stressors.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
If being demeaned by soceity were the cause, the pedophilia, rapists, and child molestors would exhibit higher rates of depression and suicide, but that is not the case.
This is irrelevant to our discussion. What does pedophilia have to do with same sex attraction, the source of gay self-loathing and/or depression, its source, or the need, appropriateness or efficacy of therapies for it?

Homosexuality is not a disease, and is not the same as AIDS or pedophilia. You should be ashamed to contribute to the danger and difficulty of being gay. As long as your church continues to scapegoat and marginalize people like gays and atheists, its disempowerment will always be a legitimate target of just and loving people.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548697 Oct 10, 2012
Gays are mentally damaged an pervert people who have very tragic and pitiful minds.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548698 Oct 10, 2012
Homosexuality seems to be a physical brain disease, apparently gays brains are wired in the same way as the opposite sex.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548699 Oct 10, 2012
Gays would be according to evolution biologically inferior. How can someone be sexually attracted to a gay? Sexual attraction is the brains reaction to the physical appearance of what can produce good offspring. Gays can't even produce offspring so they would in the first place be a biological error, I'm sorry, but the evil gays perverted evil they have been given over to has twisted their very brains.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#548701 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
At 5 weeks, a child starts to take the shape and form of a baby and has a heart beat at six weeks, so stop lying about that which you are clueless.
Lying?

Why would you consider the age at which a fetus' heart beats or its shape appears human relevant
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Go to a clinic or hospital and learn something.
I've spent a fair amount of time in each, and learned.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
In most cases, the baby is still alive after abortion
I think that you've been misinformed. Furthermore, it's not relevant at which stage of the procedure life ends.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
I support the right for fathers to have the children they want ...
Me, too. But not without the consent of the mother, or new technology that permits live births without the help of a woman.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
... and the child's right to live.
I support the rights of children to live as well. I don't support giving the state the right to force unwanted pregnancies to go tot term, nor of fetuses or embryos to become babies against the wills of their mothers. I might consider a law allowing the mothers of unwanted fetuses to pick a Christian family and force it to raise the baby.

How do you feel about that? Wouldn't you agree that if a baby is to be raised in a home where it is not wanted, it should be a Christian home?
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Yes, most gay atheists are opposed to a child's right to be born.
What right is that? Do you mean Iran or Saudi Arabia? There is no such right in the United States.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548702 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First: reply button. Learn its location, use it.
Second: what is your odd obsession with proving I'm not 16?
Third: did you miss the videos I linked for you?
<quoted text>
Huh? me no savvy
<sigh> no prince charming, no clothes coming off!
:p
<quoted text>
I don't know much about Bible studies, to be honest. Not my field. I keep up enough in arky to know that no one takes the Bible as 100% accurate evidence anymore and that it is looked at with skepticism. Also, no archaeologist seriously believes in the miracles described in the Bible. For most archaeologists, but not all, it's just
ancient text to be examined.
When I said that statement about logic peaking in early adulthood I actually used it as a white lie to shut you up. That is simply what I was trying to say kid.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548704 Oct 10, 2012
Hiding from you actually refered to you as baby, by saying no baby.
Baby? The only baby here is her, she don't know squat about life, shes the baby LOL!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548706 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! This is the first time you didn't tell me how science works!!! woohooo, a small step for a man, but a huge step for the religious!
<pops open champagne> time to celebrate, baby!
In basic: from the bones and morphology. First, teeth. The shape of the teeth tells you what kind of food it eats. Lots of molars, it eats plant food. Sharp, small molars, it eats insects. Sharp incisors, sharp molars, it eats meat.
Teeth also have enamel. The thickness of the enamel tells you how tough the food was. Thick enamel, it eats tough plant food like leaves. Thin enamel, high quality foods like meats and fruits.
The molecules in the enamel gives you the proportion of protein and carbohydrates in the diet. If you match up the chemical signature with the environment, it can tell you where the individual ate its food and what kinds of food (berries, fruits, meats, etc). Teeth also tell you how old an animal is and how well nourished it was during development.
The cheek bones (zyglomatic arch) and skull (mid-sagital crest and temporal muscle attachment sites) tell you how strong the muscles were for chewing, cutting and grinding. Put your hands on your temples and move your jaw up and down - feel that? Those are your grinding muscles. Based on how thick these bones are, how strong the muscle attachment sites are and how the skull shape is, we can tell how powerful a chewing apparatus the animal had.
Gorillas have massive jaws, powerful cheek bones and very strong mid-sagital crests (the ridge bone along the top of the skull)- they eat tough plant food all day long. Chimpanzees have no to medium sized mid-sagital crests depending on how much fruit and meat is in their diet (smaller crest=more fruits; bigger crest= tougher plant food).
The position of the eye orbits tells you whether the animal was a predator or a herbivore. forward facing eyes = predator. Side facing eyes = herbivore.
The size of the gut, as shown by how the rib cage is shaped, tells you the quality of the food. Bigger gut equals harder to digest foods, like leaves and bark. Smaller gut equals higher quality foods. Humans have very, very small guts b/c we eat cooked and processed foods. Now our foods can be refined sugars - if that continues, I'd expect our gut sizes to continue to decrease over the next few thousand years.
In primates, by looking at the incisors, canines, pre-molars and molars, I can tell you what diet they had from leaves and bark to herbs, soft leaves and fruit, to fruit, some insects and meat, to insects only, to highly processed foods.
Did that make sense?
The trend in hominin evolution is that our guts and teeth have been decreasing in size because our food became higher and higher quality. By the time you get to humans, we have small guts b/c of cooked and processed foods (by this I mean pickling and preserving of various kinds - there are lots of primitive ways to do this). When agriculture was invented 12 000 years ago, our guts got even smaller and our bones became slighter - and we became weaker.
Makes sense, yes. So you can tell what kind of food a fossil ate.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548707 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's totally what I think of him. A miserable little boy.
You must be joking, I bet with your own problems you have actually cut yourself, because your a pathetic little kid incapable of dealing with her own problems, your just a kid.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548709 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try trying to get around the point I was making.
Actually, not even that nice a try since your effort failed.
You weren't making a point, you were just talking shit.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#548710 Oct 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, der. Current science is not near good enough to explain a miracle.
That doesn't mean they don't happen.
It doesn't mean they do happen either, and you cannot give us a single example of a 'miracle' that does not have any possible natural explanation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548711 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG- yet AGAIN!
Amazing!
Not wrong. You constantly talk about Eve being made from Adam's rib & how "ridiculous" it is, but you NEVER talk about how "ridiculous" it is that Adam came from dust.

You ALWAYS talk about Eve... NEVER Adam...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548713 Oct 10, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't seem to have it above.
What does theory do in science? What is the function of theory?
Why do elements not evolve?

Oxygen has always been oxygen, right?

Carbon has always been carbon, right?

Water has always been water...

Every life on Earth is made of elements & are thought to have evolved. Why hasn't elements evolved?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548714 Oct 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- you do NOT know the difference.
Yes, I do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548715 Oct 10, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Teeth and jaw size.
Which teeth are worn, etc.
Hiding jokes around sometimes (mostly, she flirts with Double Fine), but she knows her stuff
You're explanation was easier to read than hers :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548717 Oct 10, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Um, the story goes that she was created "from" man "by" God.
Yes, of course. You're right, I worded it all wrong.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548718 Oct 10, 2012
Yes, and you never talk about how ridiculous it is that fish suddenly grow feet, reptiles suddenly grow fur. How is evolution possible, what makes them adapt?
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548720 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If evolution were true, then homosexuality would have dissolved with the Jurassic rat. It is a behavior, and children have been behaving badly by choice sin Cain killed Abel. Yeah, lefthanded people do not write righthanded for years, then decide wait I was born lefthanded and that is what I will now do. Which is like a person who marriages a straight, then says they discovered that they were gay or figure they always were. Normal people do not get aroused by animals, but gays do get aroused by the opposite sex and presto a child is born.
Normal people can't be aroused by the same sex because they are incapable of producing offspring mutually, the same with an animal and a human.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#548721 Oct 10, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It is so fuuny, how your young mind works. You don't believe in God, end of your mind. You don't believe in supernatural occurences, so end of your mind. In your evolution theory you cite dinosaurs, reptiles, bird, neanderthals, etc. that do not exist today. You claim that their were 7 major Ice Ages, which means climate shifts and influences against life. You claim that new species have evolved, which means less species at the time of the flood. Jurassic rat does not exist, so it would not exist after the flood, yet in some how evolved into humans.
Your childlike biases and prejudices are showing your lack of a science mind. A true scientist like a doctor, stops when they run into an area they are not trained or learned in. In this case, it is God and the supernatural. You can not say that there is and was no God, then argue against evidence that there was no flood. If you accept that there is a God, then you accept that you are not god and your pea sized brain is not qualified. If you believe that there is no god, no proof that there is no god, then you accept that you lack the ability to comprehend that which you do not believe and what He can and does do.
Kids don't know any better, so they put their feelings first, she is simply going by her feelings she has grew up with, she only has those feelings because she has grew up to think it is impossible, yet she hasn't identified with it yet because of her young mind. She simply believes her feelings and nothing else, she is nothing like the big girl she pretended to be. Shes a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Gotti 53,188
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale1 286,701
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 693,506
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 40 min Doctor REALITY 11
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 51 min Hypocrite 33
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min bongodongo 446,008
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,482
More from around the web