Comments
520,841 - 520,860 of 732,866 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#547674 Oct 8, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you in your avatar?
Do you have anything to say or are you just full of one liners?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#547675 Oct 8, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Then I made the statement that atheists have never founded an atheist school, in America. I also had pointed out that Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Oxford were all founded as religious universities.
I don't see what the point would be? Seems more logical that atheists would just found a "school", and not an "atheist school". No need to toot one's own horn in order to provide high quality education.

Location hidden

#547676 Oct 8, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I know, imagine if Jesus were like Al Garcia, then He would have ignored all these sisn, like homosexuality, and He would not have died for them. Liberals Christians think they are doing gays a favor, when in fact those like Al Garcia are denying them salvation for their sin.
I guess it's a good thing that we have people like you to interpret 2000 year old texts for the purpose of saying that gays and liberals are evil. Too bad that an all powerful God is not powerful enough to do that on it's own.

Location hidden

#547678 Oct 8, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see what the point would be? Seems more logical that atheists would just found a "school", and not an "atheist school". No need to toot one's own horn in order to provide high quality education.
They why don't they just found a school?(not an atheist school)

Location hidden

#547680 Oct 8, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's a good thing that we have people like you to interpret 2000 year old texts for the purpose of saying that gays and liberals are evil. Too bad that an all powerful God is not powerful enough to do that on it's own.
Did he say that gays are evil? no.

How hard is it to interpret "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." ??

Seems pretty cut & dry....

That's not to say that gays are evil, they're just doing wrong.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#547682 Oct 8, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is not proof, dingy. It is a written list compiled by people who have no evidence. It is funny, your type denies the Bible as evidence because you say it was written by men, by then you try to use lists and books written by men as your evidence. Your brain is not connected, so you have a disconnect.
The Bible is not evidence of there being a God. It might be considered something to support the reason we now have religions based on God, as being the text prepared by the fathers of these religions, but how in the world could it be considered evidence of something that can't be seen.

We have none of the authors still alive that we can torture them into confessing whether or not they told the truth or were writing fiction. We have no verifiable confirmation from other people, who might have personally known the authors, who could attest to their stories or to the actual events themselves. We only have other writings made at a later time, which quite likely were referring, at least in part, to previous stories of the earlier authors, so there testimonies would be hearsay at best.

Most of the information known, or thought to be known, about the authors of the various books in the Bible, is taken from the texts written by the various authors, so we can't take their own word for it, because we can't confirm they were reliable, that what they said about themselves is true.

Stephen King writes very good, sometimes very believable, horror fiction. Some of his books have been made into movies (mind you most movies don't do justice to the books), and he appears in a cameo appearance in some of these movies. So would it be sensible to say, supposing that someone was to find a book and/or a movie by King at some point in the far future, that since King was not only the named author of the books, but he also can be seen in the movies made about the books, that these books must then have been factual?

At least in that case we would have the actual video image of a real person, which could be associated with a real existing book, though still some doubt of legitimacy could be there. In the case of all of the stories in the Bible relating to supernatural events and beings, we have nothing to look back at and say, yes, we have the photos or the videos, or whatever of these people, so they actually existed.

The only thing we can say for certain is that the Bible, in various forms, does exist today, and according to tradition, and quite a bit of history, it has existed for several hundred years, and some of it can be traced back a couple thousand years, or so.

We have scholars who have examined the books, and made scientific interpretations of writing styles, etc., and made some pretty educated guesses, that certain stories came from the same author, and others, claimed to be from the same author, were not, according to a different writing style, but we still have no foolproof evidence of who any of the actual authors were, or whether any of the writings had any factual information or not.

One thing that we can be certain of is that any text which contains quotes and/or conversations of various people, would not be based on actual words spoken, because it is impossible to write things said by people many years before in exactly the correct wording, and even in most cases even remotely related to the same events.

Since we know that the actual books were written and re-written, and copied many times by hand, prior to printing, there would also be many changes related to copying errors of the human beings doing the copying.

The likelihood that any text in the Bible is anywhere near close to any actual events in history is very remote.

Location hidden

#547683 Oct 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he say that gays are evil? no.
How hard is it to interpret "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." ??
Seems pretty cut & dry....
That's not to say that gays are evil, they're just doing wrong.
Well, according to that same book of laws and regulations, eating pork, playing football, and may other things are sinful too.

What's your definition of evil, if it's not chronic wrongdoing?

Location hidden

#547684 Oct 8, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Now, we need you to interpret 4.5 billion old matters and substance, so you can conclude that gays and you descended from a Jurassic rat 195 million years ago. Did you fall off the turnip truck or get pushed off? Now, for once use your brain or borrow one, first the writings of the Bible, scripture began about 7,300 years ago and yes this all powerful God was powerful enough to give it to Adam, Moses and others. I know that you simply have gay issues, so you only care about deleting gay sins, unless it is the incest, bestiality and necrophilia in Leviticus that really motivates you.
So, which of the sexual sins in Leviticus are you really campaigning for, incest, menstrual sex, child sex, bestiality, homosexuality or necrophilia???
By the way, I do not expect you to accept truth, because when you do, you will no longer be gay.
Please observe as it specifically says that the Lord God said:
Leviticus 18
Unlawful Sexual Relations
18 The Lord said to Moses....
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.
20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.
21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled
Ezekiel 23:20:
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Location hidden

#547685 Oct 8, 2012
Leviticus 18

18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

Location hidden

#547687 Oct 8, 2012
boooots wrote:
We have none of the authors still alive that we can torture them into confessing whether or not they told the truth or were writing fiction.
Is that atheist reasoning?

Location hidden

#547688 Oct 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Leviticus 18
18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.
6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.
9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.
10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.
11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.
12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.
13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.
14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.
16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.
17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.
24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.
29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”
Lev 20:14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

Sounds fair, huh? Burn the victims as well! What a wonderful book!

Location hidden

#547690 Oct 8, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to that same book of laws and regulations, eating pork, playing football, and may other things are sinful too.
What's your definition of evil, if it's not chronic wrongdoing?
Footballs don't have to be made of pigskin.....

I see evil as the opposite of good. Not sure if chronic wrongdoing would quite spell it out.

Immoral
Wicked
Sinister

Location hidden

#547691 Oct 8, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel 23:20:
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
My wife says the same thing to me!

Cherrypicking atheists....
She was a prostitute.
YOu forgot Ezekial 23:19... "Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt."

Location hidden

#547693 Oct 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that atheist reasoning?
What's atheist reasoning? Most atheists I know do not prescribe to a set way of thinking, unlike some religions which forbid certain thoughts and actions.

Location hidden

#547694 Oct 8, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Lev 20:14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
Sounds fair, huh? Burn the victims as well! What a wonderful book!
"burnt with fire" = Hell.

silly atheist

Location hidden

#547695 Oct 8, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK GAY ATHEISTS, IT SAYS IN ANY OF THESE WAYS, SO WHEN YOU GAYS ATTACK LEVITICUS YOU DEFEND INCEST, PEDOPHILIA, NECROPHILIA AND BESTIALITY.
RR, they hate it when truth is sweeping and is not a single attack on gays. Even gay men hate it when it is about lesbians.
When you promote leviticus you have to defend the stoning of rebellious children, the burning of rape victims, Touching a pigskin (football), etc. Why don't you lobby your congressman to get the death penalty for rebellious children and see how far you get :)

Location hidden

#547696 Oct 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife says the same thing to me!
Cherrypicking atheists....
She was a prostitute.
YOu forgot Ezekial 23:19... "Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt."
Hahaha! no, I am not an atheist, but I enjoy reciting that verse and watching people squirm!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#547697 Oct 8, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you lie and dirt people when they're not around? Kitten claimed that she wasn't ever interested in sex. She posted links to articles describing the existence of people with extreme lack of desire for sex.

You just wrote that women denigrate other women when they're not around over men.

So you're being territorial - and stupidly so. This is the Internet. No one actually sleeps with others they meet on these sites. I mean, what kind of idiot would do that?

Oh...right...sorry. My bad.
ROFL!

Location hidden

#547698 Oct 8, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent.....watch this from your post.
Leviticus 18....
24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled.
LOOK GAY ATHEISTS, IT SAYS IN ANY OF THESE WAYS, SO WHEN YOU GAYS ATTACK LEVITICUS YOU DEFEND INCEST, PEDOPHILIA, NECROPHILIA AND BESTIALITY.
RR, they hate it when truth is sweeping and is not a single attack on gays. Even gay men hate it when it is about lesbians.
No, Leviticus 18 isn't an attack on gays. I think they see it that way, though. Because if they were to follow this, they couldn't be gay. But it's pointing out of lot of sick sexual deviancy that happens today & happened 2,000 years ago that should stop.

Location hidden

#547701 Oct 8, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
What's atheist reasoning? Most atheists I know do not prescribe to a set way of thinking, unlike some religions which forbid certain thoughts and actions.
Shit, boooots wants to torture the authors of the bible to get proof from them.

All atheists prescribe to a set way of thinking & you know it. Don't give me that crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Thinking 226,308
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 538,877
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Charlie Sheen 257,910
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min dduttonnc 94,663
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min lil whispers 599,866
Obama FINALLY Talks About The Beheading 23 min i know 2
Satan knows.....that an ETERNITY in HELL....is ... 29 min maid angela 2
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••