Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what Bob is saying there - did he beat those people up badly?
No, I don't think so. It's poetry. Have you heard Desolation Row? If you'd like to, please listen to the Dead's cover of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch...

It's really a wonderful song with a lot of interesting lyrics, especially these, which I cite frequently :

And in comes Romeo, he’s moaning
“You Belong to Me I Believe”
And someone says,“You’re in the wrong place my friend
You better leave”

Isn't that Gate Keeper and Al?: "You belong to me." "No. You’re in the wrong place my friend. I think you'd better leave"

How about this, also appropriate for Gate Keeper:

Now Ophelia, she’s ’neath the window
For her I feel so afraid
On her twenty-second birthday
She already is an old maid
To her, death is quite romantic
She wears an iron vest
Her profession’s her religion
Her sin is her lifelessness
And though her eyes are fixed upon
Noah’s great rainbow
She spends her time peeking
Into Desolation Row

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown.
Nice. I just love the pop cultural references.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tide said "nothing can be scientifically proven".
um
Then why the hell do y'all spout off about evolution as being a "proven fact"??
And y'all say there's no God because He can't be "proven" And the title of this atheist thread is "prove" there's a god
The top shelf of scientific knowledge is a fact. Just below that are theories, divided into sections. The Theory of Evolution would be at the top of the theory shelf. It enjoys a lot of support.

God or gods can be demonstrated, but none have been.

Evolution cannot be denied as a fact. It happens. We would know if it wasn't a fact. We could disprove it, if it wasn't a fact. We disprove things in science, to know when we are wrong. We can only agree that we are right, but never "know". As humans, we have limitations that keep us from "knowing", in the absolute sense. Science is an honest effort, so we don't say that something in science is absolutely proven, because there may be something we're missing that is important. Don't let that dissuade you from following science though. This should tell you that science is honest. It's based on the quest for knowledge, not the quest for affirmation.

Did you get any of that? Ask HFY if you want a really good answer.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

No, Tide. It really is bigotry the way atheists look down on theists like they're all intelectually superior and all.
It's akin to the way whites used to look down on blacks. Or Hitler used to look doen on Jews.m
Atheists are bigots. That's all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

I CAN'T hit the reply button, Tide. I wish I could.
I'm on a dumb phone, not a pc or smart phone....
Sorry for all the inconvenience it's caused you, geesh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

"What do you mean by the FEELING of emotion"???
What that a real question?
Don't go side-steppin on me, Tide.
If you're at all intelligent, you know that emotions are outside the naturalistic realm of science & can NOT be proven.
Just like God.

“Witch King of Angmar”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Good ta read ya!
Been a while.
That's prolly on me. I'm in and outta here sporadically.
How ya been?
Same here. It is fun to come in once in a while to tweak the noses of the so-called christians. But, taking apart their "proof" is like shooting fish in a barrel. There is no challenge to it, because they have no proof. Their sputtering when you disprove their claims is hilarious, but not as hilarious when they start in with the name-calling and insults. It is so damn funny how easily their faith is shaken by a few words and how quickly they discard the teachings of christ when they lash out at those whom they fear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

No, I really don't understand the difference.
To say that one dislikes homosexuality but is ok with gay people doesn't make sense.
You can't have one without the other.
That's like saying you like the sun, just not sunlight.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Look, Tide. I don't believe that humans are 6,000 years old, to start. I also don't believe that God created the universe in 6 human days, either.
IF evolution is a fact, we don't know how or why it happened, agreed?
Is your wife at the store? Call her to come home and hit the Reply button for you.

Evolution is a fact. No IFS, ANDS, or ASSES.

We know how, and "why" is an irrelevant question. I agree that we don't yet know how it started. We may never know. Are you alright with agreeing that we may never know how life started on Earth, or have you already decided it was a deity that dunnit?

Please do not Reply to this post. I can't bear the thought of you expending the effort. If your wife isn't available, just yell out your response. I'll hear it. I'm God.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I CAN'T hit the reply button, Tide. I wish I could.
I'm on a dumb phone, not a pc or smart phone....
Sorry for all the inconvenience it's caused you, geesh
I'm sorry, both that I accused you of being lazy, and that you need to be here so bad that you're using a caveman rock to access the internet.

I also accept your apology.

Praise Geesh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

I understand the concept of evolution. I disagree with the arrogant assumption that we know how it all went down.
It's supported by theories & guesses to fill in all the unkown blanks.
IF evolution is real, I'd say that's how God wanted it done.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
Thank you IANS. Your post has hit home with me and caused me to reflect on the last few days and my actions. I suppose I'm allowing myself to get sucked down into the muck with this guy and I'm becoming like him. Just like in the analogy earlier about the Lobsters.
It's a difficult position for you. You have handled yourself in an exemplary way, even if you showed a little of your human nature after an onslaught of abuse. I have nothing but respect and admiration for you and how you comport yourself here.

I think I speak for many of us: I am on your side. I have zero desire to undermine your faith.
Al Garcia wrote:
Its a shame that Christianity is losing intelligent and insightful people such as yourself but yet leaving cruel and hurtful people such as our friend the Troll to remain as representatives of what I still personally believe to be a good way of life.
Thank you. As I've indicate, you bring something good to Christianity. And Topix.
Al Garcia wrote:
You are a good friend. And even though our troll friend wears the Christian label, you IANS are still the better man. Thank you.
Gracias, amigo. You know how I feel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

LMMFAO TIDE!!!
Praise Geesh made me spit beer outta my nose!
Damn you for making me waste beer!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

That's funny, Mock...
'Cuz you haven't proven anything, either...

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, Tide. It really is bigotry the way atheists look down on theists like they're all intelectually superior and all.
Do all atheists look down on all theists? Do you not know how to articulate your point, or is it that you actually think such sweeping generalizations are accurate?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's akin to the way whites used to look down on blacks. Or Hitler used to look doen on Jews.m
Atheists are bigots. That's all.
It wasn't "whites" that looked down on blacks. There were, and are, racists. Hitler surely killed some Jews. His motivations were far from simple, however.

When you accuse atheists of being bigots, you are making an inaccurate and disparaging generalization, the hallmark of a bigot.

There is good news for you though. Your bigotry seems to come more from ignorance and enculturation than hatred.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

That's mean Tide.
My "caveman rock" has a 1.7" screen & a full qwerty keyboard.
Besides that, it a helluva lot cheaper than wasting money on a pc & a monthly internet access fee...
:)

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
"What do you mean by the FEELING of emotion"???
What that a real question?
Don't go side-steppin on me, Tide.
If you're at all intelligent, you know that emotions are outside the naturalistic realm of science & can NOT be proven.
Just like God.
We can experience physical pain when we are sad.

We can experience a "high" when we are happy.

Emotions are evolutionary adaptations that help us in various ways. They generally promote the health of the species. We love in order to protect our families, to continue the species. Sadness for the loss of a loved one tells us to protect them too. Almost all of our emotions are there to protect us and those we are close to.

Emotions are real though. They aren't just tricks to get us to procreate. We should be able to understand, and embrace emotion.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Why are you lying? need. There is not one verse that speaks of a flat earth
There are several. None use the word "flat."
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
The Bible does not teach that the earth is flat.
I think that it does.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
The flat-earth idea is a relatively recent invention that reached its peak only after Darwinists tried to discredit the Bible.
LOL.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Professor Jeffrey Burton Russell said in his book Inventing the Flat Earth, first released in the early 1990s, that up until the time of Columbus “nearly unanimous scholarly opinion pronounced the earth spherical”.
Jeff is wrong.
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
The Bible actually teaches a spherical shape for the earth. In Isaiah 40:22 God is said to sit above “the circle of the earth”(the Hebrew word for circle can also mean a sphere).
Nope. The verse uses the Hebrew word Chug, which means "circle," a two dimensional form. The Hebrew word for a sphere or ball is Dur.

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Also, in Luke 17:34–36 Christ's Second Coming is portrayed as occurring while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities — which means a rotating earth with day and night at the same time
No it doesn't, From Luke 17:

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

There is no mention of daytime in those verses. Your desperation is showing.

There's also no mention of a trinity in your bible. Or of humor. It's really quite a dreary book.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>I like this game. You tell me what you're ignorant about, and I try to fill you in. I'm not even that smart.
.. great posts TIDE and RR isn't even calling you a dumb, ignorant broad ..

.. must be your balls ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

I agree, Tide. Emotions ARE real.
They just can't be scientifically proven.
Neither can God.
But He is real, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 520,561 - 520,580 of717,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 5 min Rudhra Rao 114
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 223,299
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 6 min viky 63
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Pegasus 255,763
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Michael 530,347
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min The Awakener 171,520
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 1 hr Famos 237
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Hidingfromyou 598,810
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••