|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
Luke 14:25-35)
25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
28 “Suppose251 one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? 29 For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30 saying,‘This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.’ 31 “Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Will he not first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace.
33 In the same way,252 any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Thanks. Here's one for you:

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
A lobster fisherman was asked "why don't you put a lid on the cage you throw the lobsters into?"

"Because when one of them starts to crawl up and out, another one just drags it back down again."

The people you mention above are lobsters, they can't stand anyone getting ahead or doing well.
Nice parable!

Your last sentence sounds like Bob Dylan:

"All these people that you mention
Yes, I know them, they’re quite lame
I had to rearrange their faces
And give them all another name."

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Cold water?
Yes. George had been in the water, was changing clothes, and a woman walked in on him. She gasped, smiled, excused herself, shut the door, and left. George was mortified, and distraught that she might not know that he was temporarily at a disadvantage from being in cold water. So, he seeks reassurance from his female friend Elaine that women know about shrinkage. That's when she answers, "They shrink?! Why do they shrink?!"

Poor George. It never goes well for George.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are likely also on oxycodine.
That's oxycodone.

You realize that religion is your drug, do you not? You obsess like you have an addiction.

Are you angry about the opportunity cost you paid choosing real estate over "computers and Kobalt (it's Cobol, BTW) the cell phone industry, GPS navigation, and software games like SIM"?

Well, like they said to Dionne Warwick when her psychic hotline went bankrupt, shouldn't you have seen that coming? Don't you get any benefits from your faith in this lifetime? You're supposedly tapped into something infinite here.

Yet you are not at peace, and you didn't get "the increase" as we used to say in my bible days.

I left your church over thirty years ago. My life has been blessed ever since. You have no explanation for that except some ad hoc mythopoiesis - your personal just-so answer for why this god rewarded a sinner, but not a pious fellow like you. Your religion is designed to do that.

It's a slave psychology designed to help the exploited be content with this life. You should be glad to be meek, poor, longsuffering, and victimized, for your reward is coming later, right? Just stick that other cheek out there and have another helping of abuse, then smile and say, "Thank you, Lord, for the lesson. I know that there is a reason for it all."

On that subject, a Christian I knew back in the States just lost his Internet server business and his home to a local plunderbund that pushed him off the local utility grid with some legal chicanery. As a result, he is living in a rental owned by his sister in a neighboring school district. His kids are now in a more highly rated school. He thanked his god. It is literally pathetic to see.

You weren't necessarily exploited by the real estate decision like my friend Brian above was used by his local good-old-boys network, since it was your free choice. But Christianity is the perfect "ism" to get you through that.

Incidentally, you said your friend was "worth over $250 million." You should be ashamed to use such language.

And one can be quite wealthy with much less than a million. It depends on your philosophy, values, and resultant life style.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? He's single, he's thin and he's neat.
Uh oh.

Well, at least I'm not neat.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
So, both Aerobatty and you are telling AL Garson that his savior and God is gay.
No. We're telling you. I would never say such a thing to Al. He doesn't try to be hurtful or judgmental, although he's getting there with you.

Just look at the belligerent and provocative stance you have taken with him for no god reason other than that you have been conditioned to evangelize, and you disapprove of Al for not doing the same.

With us, he sees reason and kindness. You're working to push him out of his faith, something the rest of us actually seem to respect. We are the ones defending him and his purer form of faith from your attacks.

He'll never be like you. He's like us, but with a belief system that we don't share. Relax. You're the one that needs to change, not Al.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
He needs it. It takes the edge off spending his day in a hoveround.
Another success story for Jesus. He is the potter, and you are the shards.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
They scare me when they go fast in them at the market. I feel like I have to keep an eye out to make sure they don't crush one of my ankles.
You mean your cankles, don't you? They're below your gunt.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
christianity is EVIL

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Fuuny, you said CHRISTmas, as in Christ, but said nothing when your gay buds called Jesus gay. What is your mental dementia? Jesus died for you and you can't even tell a stupiud atheist avatar to "RESPECT him" and they tell you that Jesus is gay, never rose and does not exist. They treat you like their butt, something to wipe once a week.
It is clear, you are friends with them and I AM FRIENDS WITH JESUS.
so you have NO proof of god either,only religious mumbo jumbo,

try THINKING harder next time

www.evilbible.com

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

IANS: He's single, he's thin and he's neat [reasons to think that Jesus might be gay].
Aerobatty wrote:
Uh oh. Well, at least I'm not neat.
LOL. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

These are all Seinfeld references. Jerry was accused of being gay because he's single, thin, and neat - "not that there's anything wrong with that" - a line repeated a dozen times in the episode, as straight liberal New Yorkers strained to remain politically correct while denying their alleged homosexuality to a reporter doing a story on Jerry. http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This show is a rich treasure trove of contemporary pop cultural references yadda yadda.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

<quoted text>
Nice parable!
Your last sentence sounds like Bob Dylan:
"All these people that you mention
Yes, I know them, they’re quite lame
I had to rearrange their faces
And give them all another name."
I don't understand what Bob is saying there - did he beat those people up badly?

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's oxycodone.
You realize that religion is your drug, do you not? You obsess like you have an addiction.
Are you angry about the opportunity cost you paid choosing real estate over "computers and Kobalt (it's Cobol, BTW) the cell phone industry, GPS navigation, and software games like SIM"?
Well, like they said to Dionne Warwick when her psychic hotline went bankrupt, shouldn't you have seen that coming? Don't you get any benefits from your faith in this lifetime? You're supposedly tapped into something infinite here.
Yet you are not at peace, and you didn't get "the increase" as we used to say in my bible days.
I left your church over thirty years ago. My life has been blessed ever since. You have no explanation for that except some ad hoc mythopoiesis - your personal just-so answer for why this god rewarded a sinner, but not a pious fellow like you. Your religion is designed to do that.
It's a slave psychology designed to help the exploited be content with this life. You should be glad to be meek, poor, longsuffering, and victimized, for your reward is coming later, right? Just stick that other cheek out there and have another helping of abuse, then smile and say, "Thank you, Lord, for the lesson. I know that there is a reason for it all."
On that subject, a Christian I knew back in the States just lost his Internet server business and his home to a local plunderbund that pushed him off the local utility grid with some legal chicanery. As a result, he is living in a rental owned by his sister in a neighboring school district. His kids are now in a more highly rated school. He thanked his god. It is literally pathetic to see.
You weren't necessarily exploited by the real estate decision like my friend Brian above was used by his local good-old-boys network, since it was your free choice. But Christianity is the perfect "ism" to get you through that.
Incidentally, you said your friend was "worth over $250 million." You should be ashamed to use such language.
And one can be quite wealthy with much less than a million. It depends on your philosophy, values, and resultant life style.
hahahahahahaha, hahahaha, I cannot stop laughing at this - wonderful, wonderful!

"shouldn't you have seen that coming?"

hahahahahahaha

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I guess I wasn't first to correct Gate Keeper. You and Lily seem to have it covered.
@ Gate Keeper: It would likely be spelled oxycodeine, not "-codine."
Ha! Ninja'd!!!

Out of all of us...you understand the pharmacological effects, and their uses, better, so don't feel bad about correct the idiot in the room.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I know, know one does. They all like you, just like Brother Marine. Yeah, BM did not dime you out to all and admit that he was Atheist Worse Nightmare. Besides, you show your need for gay and drug addict approval, I need none. I am content with Jesus and so are the real Christians.

Hey little one, scroll back and you will see a few posters posting about how you are a puss. I think that you are a liar, but it is not relevant to me if you are a puss.

Here you are again defending you, not atheists but you. Revelations 3, my friend, Laodicean and luke warm water are worth spewing out.

What is sad, when the demon of self hate consumes you and you just can't get back to God. You do not want to, you want that anger and you do not want to let go of it, Al, so AL, you fester and fume, not about atheists bieng judged but about Jesus exposing you and roasting your butt with the word of God unto your redemption.

I BET YOU ARE AFRAID OF THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS, AND I BET YOU HAVE NOT SPENT 5 MINUTES READING PAST THE BOOK OF JOHN. GOSH, I KNOW YOU HAVE NTO READ MATTHEWS AND THAT COMES BEFORE THE BOOK OF JOHN.
BM has appropriate initials.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Three posts in a row, you must be hurting. Do you understand what has happened? Your demon is making you lie. A basement in California? Next you will say that my mom has a basement in New Orleans.
My mom lives about 2400 miles away and is 77 and doing fine.
Friends, hmmm, I still have friends from 40 years ago. Two days ago, I was on the phone 3 hours with one.

I had my first business, with employees, when I was 10 years old. Which is why I likely went to UCLA and USC on an academic scholarship for business/accounting. I am not braggin, it was 1976 and I wish I had gotten it to computers and Kobalt. One of those best friends that I do not have, he did that and he is worth over $250 million dollars. Christian. I had a chance to partake in starting the cell phoine industry, GPS navigation, and software games like SIM, I chose real estate. Oh yeah, I was in real estate in California from 1992 to 2007. Figure that one out. I can tell you what happened to Countrywide, Ameriquest, Citibank, etc. and Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac.

My dad wanted to put more money for our inheritance, I told him no way, go to Italy, China or buy another car,$53,000 dollars cash later he bought a car. When I married my wife, she is 18 years younger and she could be a hybrid of the last two Miss Indias, I was slightly concerned that she wanted my money. Slightly, well her dad was wealthy and she refused to allow him by custom to give us money, a lot.

Garson, back a fe minutes ago in Cali, I used to print money with real estate. My ideas are one sprung forth the LA Downtown and I brought the Ritz Carlton to the LA Live project. I put millions into the gay community, helped make gay millionaires, and even went a Christmas party with 50 gay and 3 straights. In the 80s I knew gay people, before they started lying and calling them gay people.

I dated a girl who was from Mexico, Jalisco, here illegally, well are dating by law madeher legal since we were engaged. That said, I oppose illegal immigration and I oppose same sex marriage. I am telling you this, because what the world has to offer is not even pea status compared to what God has given.

All this said, you lied on Jesus, and that is the issue. Deny it,and you further deny Jesus. You are so concerned about what Internet bloggers think about you, wow. Shame on you and stop begging.
You're messed up, dude.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a metal plate in your head?
I think it's lead.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your mom. If hers is still in your head, then no.
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
BM has appropriate initials.
Blow Me?

Bring Meatballs?

Bolsheviks Mutiny!

Boring Masturbation?

Brand M.

Bright Matinee?

Bling Ming!

Blonk Monk?

Basically, mastication.

Brave Medication!

Bland Mind?

Ok. I give up. What does BM stand for?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Too sad, you can not read. Aerobatty said Jesus was gay and Al lied on Jesus.
Oh, yes!
Al, yes it is so!!!
It is always hot heat in hell, for Al and you. <sad>
Hot heat?

That's so much better than cold heat.
Godzillla

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

If God truly “loved everyone” then everyone in the Bible would
be loved and admired by God. If this was true you should be able
to open the Bible anywhere from Genesis to Revelation and find
everyone in the Bible going to heaven and receiving nothing but
loving attention from God. Of course, nothing could be further from
the truth. By Chapter 3 of Genesis the lie is undone, when Satan is
described. Certainly mankind can agree that of all creatures, Satan
is destined for hell. By Genesis chapter 4 Cain slays righteous
Abel. In Genesis chapter 6 God sees that the “wickedness of
man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the
thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented
de the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said,
I will destroy man…” Houston, we have a problem! God then destroys the whole earth
(Woops!) and everyone on it, except for Noah and his small family, by a Flood, which means
many of them died a slow agonizing death after days or even weeks of terror. Not only adults
died; infants; elderly; men; women; children; newborns; because everyone perished! And so
it goes. You can’t even get out of the first book with out the wrath and judgments of God
consuming most of the book. So, it is throughout the Bible. Open it anywhere and you will
see the wrath and judgment of God in every book and in nearly every chapter of the Bible.
Below is a list of human beings in the Bible that God took exception to, judged or summarily
executed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 520,221 - 520,240 of719,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

429 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min WasteWater 256,337
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 532,235
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Hidingfromyou 93,645
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Hasbharat Trolls Fixers 114,931
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 29 min OnlyPatchWork 36,488
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... 44 min SexxyJake 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 223,974
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••