Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#547395 Oct 7, 2012
Insane Clown Posse wrote:
i'm sure this has been addressed previously but i have never seen any inconsistency between evolution and an intelligent creator since being a young child and the new "ancient aliens" series makes a very plausible case for the alien genetic engineer, but its proof you have requested and it appears to me that it must be circumstantial evidence a/k/a the swiss watch analogy, the complexity and organization of biological forms and atomic and subatomic particles being fairly convincing proof that some entity far more intelligent than humans organized it. like a turtle on a fence post, no one saw anyone put it there but its appearance alone would convince most rational people that someone did.
NO to all that.

But are you really a Juggalo?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#547399 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
NO to all that.
.. nah. That can't be Yellodog, can it? Russell Springs, KY ??..

.. why, oh why, is it always KY ??..
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#547400 Oct 7, 2012
Day is no god, and if there was one, he'd hate blacks and orangutans.
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#547401 Oct 7, 2012
i'm sure this has been addressed previously but i have never seen any inconsistency between evolution and an intelligent creator since being a young child and the new "ancient aliens" series makes a very plausible case for the alien genetic engineer, but its proof you have requested and it appears to me that it must be circumstantial evidence a/k/a the swiss watch analogy, the complexity and organization of biological forms and atomic and subatomic particles being fairly convincing proof that some entity far more intelligent than humans organized it. like a turtle on a fence post, no one saw anyone put it there but its appearance alone would convince most rational people that someone did.
Fairytales.
Insane Clown Posse

Jamestown, KY

#547402 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
NO to all that.
Yes I carry a hatchet but NO i have never seen a convincing argument against the intelligent creator...and i am all about the scientific method

Location hidden

#547407 Oct 7, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, Dung Flu.
Talk about brown nosing.

I just hope you don't sneeze.
Insane Clown Posse

Jamestown, KY

#547408 Oct 7, 2012
i only use the hatchet to build new homes for happy lesbian harems in eastern kentuck

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#547409 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I totally get what you mean by scientific proof, Hiding.
Which begs the question...
What kind of proof would be sufficient for God?
The title IS "prove there's a God"...
God appearing in the sky over every city on the planet and saying "hello." Oh, He's omnipotent, right? So He could just appear to every single person and say "Hey, I'm the Lord, your God. How's it going? Do you have a prayer request?"

God writing "Hey, I'm God." in our DNA.

God spelling out "Hello, from God" in stars in the sky.

Perhaps a perfectly moral Bible instead of one riddled with rape, genocide, murder and slaves? Or maybe God could come down and say "Sorry about the first Bible. That's on you. Here's mine. Please notice the perfection in morality. Now, follow it."

Let me ask you a counter question. I don't believe in any deity, but you do. What would disprove God for you?

btw, can you fit malaria into your religious belief system? If your deity exists, why did It invent malaria?
endTimeNews

AOL

#547410 Oct 7, 2012

3rd JERUSALEM Temple Preparations -----##---

&fe ature=plcp

Location hidden

#547411 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes I carry a hatchet but NO i have never seen a convincing argument against the intelligent creator...and i am all about the scientific method
What is the argument FOR an intelligent creator? The complexity of life on Earth is explained by the theory of evolution. The composition of the universe is explained by the big bang theory.

If you follow the scientific method, you shouldn't be looking for an intelligent creator, you should be looking for answers, whatever they may be. The scientific method has yielded many answers, none of which point to intelligent design.

Location hidden

#547412 Oct 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. nah. That can't be Yellodog, can it? Russell Springs, KY ??..
.. why, oh why, is it always KY ??..
We have too many churches. People think they're grocery stores and get sucked in. It's sad, really.

One is called the Kroger Church of Christ. They even have worshiping carts.
Insane Clown Posse

Jamestown, KY

#547413 Oct 7, 2012
they were nearly extinct but since we created new habitat its now common to find 2 or more pairs at the bingo halls

Location hidden

#547414 Oct 7, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
God appearing in the sky over every city on the planet and saying "hello." Oh, He's omnipotent, right? So He could just appear to every single person and say "Hey, I'm the Lord, your God. How's it going? Do you have a prayer request?"
God writing "Hey, I'm God." in our DNA.
God spelling out "Hello, from God" in stars in the sky.
Perhaps a perfectly moral Bible instead of one riddled with rape, genocide, murder and slaves? Or maybe God could come down and say "Sorry about the first Bible. That's on you. Here's mine. Please notice the perfection in morality. Now, follow it."
Let me ask you a counter question. I don't believe in any deity, but you do. What would disprove God for you?
btw, can you fit malaria into your religious belief system? If your deity exists, why did It invent malaria?
Your post on the other thread had me laughing so hard. I think you know which one.

You ran ten tests, all the same outcome!?!?!
Moldilocks

Asia/Pacific Region

#547415 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
River's hard to beat.
In fact, I wouldn't even try. She knows Kung Fu.
I met a girl at the Rainbow bar
She asked me if I'd beat her.
She took me back to the Hyatt House,
Uhh, I don't wanna talk about it. Ha !

~Warren Zevon - Genius - "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me"

Some stable somewhere

#547416 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post on the other thread had me laughing so hard. I think you know which one.
You ran ten tests, all the same outcome!?!?!
hahaha, I posted it here, too, but it was ignored.

My favorite part was the Higg-Boson being attached to a fatty-acid ring.

No one believed me this time! Last time I talked about malaria having the imprint "Jesus" in the genes, and that it was created from a wheat crop, a lot of Christians were super excited!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547417 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Turnabout is fair play.
There's a big difference between me pointing out the truth and hiding telling a lie.
Insane Clown Posse

Jamestown, KY

#547418 Oct 7, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the argument FOR an intelligent creator? The complexity of life on Earth is explained by the theory of evolution. The composition of the universe is explained by the big bang theory.
If you follow the scientific method, you shouldn't be looking for an intelligent creator, you should be looking for answers, whatever they may be. The scientific method has yielded many answers, none of which point to intelligent design.
actually there are many scientists who believe that the theory of evolution does not explain the complexity and i simply agree with them im keyboard challenged at the moment perhaps i can post a link (ps: not looking for intelligent creator)
Moldilocks

Asia/Pacific Region

#547419 Oct 7, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, Dung Flu.
Is my wittle boi tired of getting beat up? Remember when hims had them nasty testicles and the nice Vet made them go away? My wittle boi got to wear a lamp shade? Hims a cut wittle boi, yes hims EEEiis.

Big meaty bone?

:-)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547420 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think you're safe.
But nano keeps calling people men without evidence of their manhood.
Faux kitten uses a voice modulator in his youtube videos.

http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOXJ...

Only a person trying to deceive would do that.

Go ahead and watch one if you don't believe it. The above link gives an example of how to do it. It appears that quite a few people are into that kind of deception.

Some stable somewhere

#547421 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Did I go again?
lol
I know that emotions can be measured. But it's the conscious "why" that science hasn't unravelled.
It may someday.
It may also be able to one day prove God.
Behavior can be - and is - analyzed at several levels. Let's ask "why did the man get jealous?" These break down into two:

1. Proximate (means "immediate"):
1a. immediate - stimulation in the environment + response (b/c his partner is flirting/cheating on him)/ chemical-neuroscience (hormones activate certain brain areas)
1b. ontological (developmental)- how did the individual develop, what were the environmental conditions of its developmental period?(was jealousy socially acceptable where the man grew up? are there bodily conditions that predispose him to anger?)

2. Ultimate or evolutionary:
2a. adaptation (the problem-solving mechanism). Why did jealousy evolve? Perhaps it functions to decrease one's partner from extra-pair sex and affairs? Perhaps it signals the partner to behave or be in danger. Does jealously have an adaptive function (does it promote one's genes getting passed on?)?
2b. phylogeny (evolutionary lineage): is the behavior present in related species? When did it evolve?(do chimps get jealous? do other great apes get jealous? do monkeys get jealous? do mammals get jealous? etc).

You can do this with all biological phenomena - anything you are interested in that has some biological origin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Anthony MN 678,991
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 119,069
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min trump not racist 2,526
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 min Tony 6,265
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr curtjester1 46,211
Why does everyone claim that they are native am... (May '09) 3 hr Anonymous 28
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 4 hr Wanderer 27
More from around the web