Comments
519,201 - 519,220 of 733,234 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#545591 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
...no, but then that ONE zebra that magically turned into a giraffe was able to somehow reproduce (on it's own) more giraffes... Strange how an entire species doesn't "evolve", only a select few...
My friend, we as a species have evolved every generation? We are not the same as we were 100 yrs ago,never mind 1000, or 100,000 yrs ago.A person who lived 500yrs ago, would probably die from ,the pollution of our water and air, never mind the processed food. Every life form on this planet , is a product of its environment.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#545592 Oct 3, 2012
Enlightened24u wrote:
<quoted text>
My God created Souls. He was done. He left the rest up to us, but we FORGOT who we were. So we instead of being a co-Creator with God, we resorted to stealing, lying, murdering, torturing, etc.
So WE'RE useless... not God. People are useless. What are they here for if they aren't going to be god-like?
People ARE godlike.

We're better than god-like.

We created elements that even God couldn't create.

And we're on the verge of creating life ab initio.

We can keep people virtually dead for almost an hour and bring them back to better health than before they "died".

We may be able to create even tiny black holes very soon, if not already.

Someday, I hope, we will learn to harness the energy of the suns.

God can only do lightning and earthquakes and stuff.

Boring. Not to mention destructive.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#545593 Oct 3, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi you!
yes, happy the lez can be wrong since the premise of her life is founded on the shifting ground of the emotions of her soul & desires of her body rather than on her eternal spirit.
see - brutaly honest, but because of love. if y'all have a hot tub party, please invite me and i can do a seminar free of charge:)
Hello!

Nope. HL is not "wrong" in any sense (except when she argues with me).

Your "brutality" here is to promote mental suffering and enhance cognitive dissonance by putting her down through your fictional moral high ground.

I don't think I'd enjoy a seminar in a hot tub. Maybe if you wore funny clothing and we had minimal techno playing and I was stoned or something. Then your sermon might go with the music and I'd add some anti-sermon lyrics and we'd have a nice time.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#545594 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I ain't at work, Hukt... Haven't for 4 hours...
Good of ya to assume like all the athitards do.
Go ahead & bring your sister.... Papa always taught me that if a woman in man enough to hit, she's man enough to GET hit.
Pathetic blabbering boy...
<yawn>

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#545595 Oct 3, 2012
Enlightened24u wrote:
why would God say "he'd return" when He never left? Return from where? My understanding is God is EVERYWHERE.
Why would your god drown the earth and repopulate it with the same stock?
Enlightened24u wrote:
I am not religious nor do I attend church. I occasionally attend a "Spiritual Center." I have no religion. My focus is Spirituality.
You just told me part of your religious beliefs. You believe in a ubiquitous god. You are religious by my reckoning.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545596 Oct 3, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
in your scenario, i see the body gratified, soul not so much and your spirit non-existant.
what happens when you're too old to attract a 'lover'?:)
Marriage.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545597 Oct 3, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I found him and the Internet, said hello, and we brought one another up to date. I get his ministry's newsletter, but I don't generally read it.
When I told him that I was not longer a Christian, which he had no way of knowing - he had been my pastor in Hagerstown, PA from where I was discharged from the Army - he didn't try to change my mind. Like Al, he seemed to know that that would be counterproductive. And it would. I think much more of him for that. But then I always thought highly of him. He was one-of-a-kind, unfortunately.
He was my first pastor upon conversion. It happened at his church. I hit the jackpot with him, but had no context by which to appreciate that until about five congregations and pastors later.
I eventually realized that it was the love of that man that I was feeling, not a god. He helped me, and I am grateful to him for that. But whatever human assets he had, he brought to the church. They don't make people like him. They just find a few.
That makes sense. Glad you keep in touch then.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#545598 Oct 3, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, if the Bible were written about the events of Oct. 3, 2012, it would be filled with murder, rape, slavery, hate, evil and confusion. That should be simple enough for simplicity sake.
I am certain that the Bible has a story of Adam and Eve sinning and the serpent coming into the garden, because why, it happened and it changed the entire course of mankind.
I am also certain that any book regarded as a history of American settlement would have to include 300 years of slavery and genocide, dropping two atom bombs, rampant abortion and killing of life, rape, murder, assassination, and tyranny against England or a declaration of freedom, depending on the perspective. It would also have to include saving the world twice, WW1 and WW11.
http://www.disinfo.com/2009/12/sumerians-look...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545599 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The inherent problem with that is there is NO way you & five of your friends could ever hope to hold me down..
I could do it quite easily. You'd be in a tremendous amount of pain, though.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#545600 Oct 3, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been earthbound and miserable about it for almost 2 years now.
My poor plane is sitting at its tiedown. I've got to do something about it.
Not sure what yet, though.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545601 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. A novel is a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism. The Bible is not fictional.
The miracles in it are a special kind of fiction called "mythology." Some of the locations mentioned in the Bible are real places.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545602 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, praying did not make a computer. It was the brain that God made in all us that did.
The same brain that science can still barely comprehend.
The same brain that is made by the creation of life that science can't duplicate.
Science is doing a pretty good job understanding the brain. The technology for inducing experiences - including spiritual experiences, alien abductions and feelings of the Holy Spirit - now exists. The technology for mind reading via brain signals is being developed.

We understand how the brain develops, how it is encultured to produce a subjective reality, how neurons work, why brain damage occurs and we're working out how to correct brain damage.

In the last 15 years neuroscience has changed so much that if you read about it then, your knowledge is all outdated now.

Fennario

#545603 Oct 3, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
I could care less about what is resolved here on earth
We know. That makes you a burden and a danger here on earth.
Lily the aborter

Phoenix, AZ

#545604 Oct 3, 2012
justdavid28 wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the women who not only aborts children but is proud of doing so??? It is human life scientifically. It has all the same DNA as a born human being and it is alive as it has a heartbeat. By any definition (well by people using their brains anyway) it is a human life. But even if I am wrong about it being a human life .....I still don't understand why you would proudly proclaim yourself as an aborter.
How can I abort children when I cannot even have children? My one and only biological child almost ended my life and was born very premature. So I decided that I would not take that chance again and leave her without a mother. So you don't know what the hell you are saying and are just talking out of your a$$.
Will you ever risk YOUR life in pregnancy and childbirth? I didn't think so. Mind your own reproductive health.
FYI, I do not care what you do or do not understand. Choice is legal for those who need it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545605 Oct 3, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all about getting connected to God, friend. sorry to hear that it never happened for you, but please don't hate those who have!
We don't hate you, not even slightly. Glad you found something spiritually meaningful for you.

I honestly hate your message of hatred and divisiveness. I don't like that you feel the need to preach your mythology to others. I don't like that you want to erase differences by destroying other people's religions and cultures. Your religion's bizarre treatment of sex is appalling, as is the sexism, genocide, killings and so on. I want nothing to do with it.

I also hate that your specific religion of creationism lies about science and history. That's disgusting and damaging.

So if you actually acted like you were in touch with a Perfect Being, the only perfectly moral being in the universe, and you didn't bother to spread a message of sin and hate, I'd be totally cool with you. It's the part where you presume upon my life, undermine education, sexual liberation and arrogantly believe it's ok to destroy everyone else's religion in favor of yours that I despise.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545606 Oct 3, 2012
Enlightened24u wrote:
The bible is one great book! God would be proud to be associated with such a great book, especially for children, to read.
"Lot and his daughters, the virgin daughters he was trying to give to the Sodomites, go to live in the mountains. Lot turns to drink after all that has happened. While he's drunk, his lonely and perverted daughters take to raping him to get pregnant, which they do."
"The bible relates in plain language that she is raped all night while the old man and the Levite sit comfortably inside. In the morning, the Levite finds her lying on the doorstep. He commands her to get up. She does not. She can't. She's dead. She has been raped to death. Unperturbed, the Levite tosses her over the back of his horse and rides back home where he proceeds to cut her into twelve pieces. Each piece is sent to the leaders of the twelve tribes of Israel. The tribes then descend upon Gibeah and kill everyone."
So in GOD'S BOOK, you have daughters raping their father and getting pregnant by him, a man offering up his daughter to be raped. She dies from being raped and is cut up into twelve pieces.
And then "everybody else" is killed.
Yes, this is such a great book.
Wow! Crazy book. It must be divinely inspired to have such heart-warming tales of family love in it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#545607 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Geesh, indeed....
Swiss cheese brain, indeed...
I did NOT say mudskippers...
I said lungfish...
LMAO!
Hows it feel to be perturbed???
Uhm...both are "fish" with interesting phylogenies.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#545608 Oct 3, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nano, the problem with that is then man starts becoming the judge of what is offensive and man will judge based on what offends man. No kidding, if it happened to me, I do not know if I could keep from ripping the person's neck off and serving it to dogs. Those would be my feelings and I would not be merciful. This is why God's forgiveness of sin must be absolute, for all the truly comes and repents. If not, then our God becomes a mechanism and tool for us to carry out vengeance against those who get our hate. What if we are wrong and we got the wrong guy, and he was a father, with two new borns, must we now kill ourselves.
Once five guys were sparring with me, we were teens, and one guy decided, for some dumb reason, to pull out a knife, I did not see it and he cut me on my arm, at my joints, deep, I was rushed to the hospital. He later came over for a week, to lift things for me. Everyone wondered why I did not smash his face in, but I forgave him and gave him his remorse.
In the words of Ghandi " Your enemy will never see himself as evil, when he can see his fault in you."
_ussy!

Since: Sep 12

Chicago, IL

#545609 Oct 3, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would your god drown the earth and repopulate it with the same stock?
<quoted text>
You just told me part of your religious beliefs. You believe in a ubiquitous god. You are religious by my reckoning.
Who said God drowned anything? A book? I don't happen to believe in any of that nonsense. None of it makes an ounce of sense.

It all started with the Energy we call God. That Energy took on other forms, while remaining intact as it was. WE are that Energy in another form. There's the Non-Physical God (The Energy) and then there's the Physical God (us).

My view is I am God MANIFEST. I am Soul, occupying a physical body in order to exist on this planet. I don't believe in any stories. I am spiritual... so I don't need stories to connect with God. I don't need anything associated with man, especially a murderous book, to define me. The knowledge of who I am comes from within.

I'm all about knowing that every single thing that exists is God. That's what was at the beginning, and that's what is present now... as people, places and things.

I can't get any clearer than that. I go by what's on the inside of me, not a book. Not a story. Not a bunch of man-made stories that doesn't even come close to making any sense.

Fennario

#545610 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
OMG... I thought the first parts of your post were bad, but then you said we should take out the flag out of our pledge!
Why?

It's a symbol, yes, but not just any ole symbol. It's a worldwide symbol of freedom!

It's really mind boggling how many people out there really have no respect for their country. It's pathetic.

God Bless America!
The flag is a symbol. And it's only a symbol for the United States, not freedom. The United States invented personal political freedom, but doesn't have a monopoly on it any more.

Why would you pledge allegiance to a symbol in addition to the republic for which it stands? Why just one symbol and one nation? Why not pledge allegiance to Uncle Sam, the flag of the United States of America, and to the nation for which they both stand? Don't forget the eagle, and the republic for which it stands.

I think pledging allegiance to the nation is enough.

And frankly, I'm not interested in pledging allegiance to a nation that has such contempt for me that it sticks "under god" into my pledge. Isn't allegiance a two-way street? Where's my nation's allegiance to me and people like me - its skeptics - if it sticks something like that into the Pledge?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to Satisfy my Taste Buds 14 min andet1987 1
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 19 min topsT 98
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min atemcowboy 539,227
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 26 min andet1987 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 29 min Classic 1,769
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min RADEKT 258,086
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 35 min andet1987 4,346
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Black Thunder 42 600,017
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Aquarius-WY 2,462
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,391
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••