Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#545324 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not kidding nor am I a knuckle dragger.
Affirmative action FORCES companies to hire women....
Men don't give women "honey-do" lists....
Women DON'T open doors for men...
Women RARELY offer to pay da bill...
Men don't incesantly nag women over mediocre shit...
Men don't withold sex from women...
Women are never "forced" to sleep on the couch (I LMAO at that one!)
Women don't have to lift heavy things, but men are required to change diapers or catch hell from the mrs....
I could go on & on & on about how much easier life is for women vs how demanding it is for men, but I'm hungry & goin ta fetch some lunch.
I really don't give a fluck about women's bullshit equal rights crap. You want it equal, BE EQUAL.
You are a knuckle dragging man surrounded by knuckle dragging women.

Were it not for discrimination in the workplace, no one would be "forced" to hire women or any minority.

But discrimination is ILLEGAL and rightfully so. If affirmative action is what is needed to stop employers from willfully discriminating, then so be it.

And I have worked full time for over 40 years and in many different companies and not ONE of those companies was ever "forced" to hire women and when women were hired, they were hired because they were the best candidate for the job with their gender having NOTHING at all to do with it.

Maybe men don't give women "honey-do" lists because they don't HAVE to because women do much without having to be asked- such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, picking up men's clothes at the cleaners, taking care of the kids, sending greeting cards to their in-laws, and so much more that women just DO without having to be prompted to do so.

I will open a door for anyone rather than slam it in their face.

With my man, he LIKES to open doors for me, but I am capable of opening them myself and often do. That is a really silly "point" in your list.

As far as paying the bill, I am one of many women I know who willingly pick up the check and my man and I split that pretty much 50/50 or based on who has the money at the time.

I'm sorry you're surrounded by women who nag you "incessantly"- I am not a woman who does that and perhaps if you would LISTEN and RESPOND the first time a woman tells you something, she wouldn't have to resort to nagging you, RR.

After a fight or for other reasons, there are men who do withhold sex- those who don't are slaves to their d*cks- that is not the fault of women. And I am one woman of many I know who don't withhold sex as "punishment", but if you're upset with someone, it's perfectly normal to not want to engage in love making if one's feelings are not in sync with it at the time.

I have never forced any man to sleep on the couch so while I guess your wife often forces you to, perhaps you should look at your OWN behavior that would result in her not wanting you next to her in bed.

I lift things that I can manage to lift, but as men are physically stronger than women, it only makes sense that the stronger of the two lift objects that are simply too heavy for a woman to lift.

And- it is ONLY physically that men are generally stronger than women.

Back at the dawn of time, that was very important as physical strength often determined survival. Not so much anymore, RR.

But why would I lift something I am not STRONG enough to lift and why would a REAL man want a woman to risk injuring herself by lifting something she doesn't have the physical strength to lift?

What is WRONG with you?

"Required" to change diapers??? ROFLMAO!!! I'd say a good 85%- and probably more- of all aspects of child rearing are left to women.

Uh....women ARE equal- a fact that chaps that butt of yours because you are so insecure within your own manhood and your own masculinity that you think women being equal to you somehow compromises you as a man.

It doesn't- you do that all on your own, RR.

Your post edited for space.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#545325 Oct 3, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some really horrible and inappropriate jokes I can tell almost nowhere. I told one about Sarah Palin that had Buck reeling and sputtering for months.
We already know how proud you are of the crap floating around inside that worm you call a brain.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#545326 Oct 3, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. evolution is a lie. God did it. Come play with me ..
**Drawing close to HFY, feeling the warmth of her flesh, resigned to whatever atrocity she might decide to inflict, losing all control, moving like a moth fluttering, feeling the body that bores down on me with steady determination, going unconscious**
**ZAP**
.. done. You can leave now HFY, take the change on my desk, hail a taxi. Contact RR for further instructions. Going to sleep now ..
in your scenario, i see the body gratified, soul not so much and your spirit non-existant.

what happens when you're too old to attract a 'lover'?:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#545327 Oct 3, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What has the bible being a book of fables have to do with the language? However you translate it, it's still a book of fables just as it was written and as it has always been since it was written and as it is today.
Talk about dumb- you think the difference in language used makes it any less a book of fables?
LOL!!!
Translate it into whatever language you want- it is STILL a book of FABLES.
Hold on to your lake titicaca, little lady! A fable is a short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral....

That ain't the Bible.

Since: Sep 12

Chicago, IL

#545329 Oct 3, 2012
Let's say, hypothetically speaking, I'm reading a book called "Jane In A Meadow." The book has "Jane" being nice to people, helping others and just being a sweet, loving person.

In another chapter, it's revealed that Jane has a hidden side. As the result, she kidnaps a neighbor and keeps him or her locked in a basement torturing them.

In another chapter, it's sweet Jane again, being nice and kind to others.

So what do I do? Do I SKIP OVER the part about her torturing someone, afterall, it's in the same book? Do I pretend it's not there?

Or do I just focus on the good things Jane did, acting like nothing bad is in that book?

A book is a book. When you read and acknowledge one part, then you read and acknowledge it all. So how come no one talks about all those gruesome murders in that book? All that unbelievable stuff?

All the while, trying to pin it on something that's not of this world... and trying to say A MAN saved a nation of people. If Jesus was going to save us, then why weren't we CREATED TO NOT SIN in the first place?

To imply that a man had to come and save us from ourselves, implies that GOD MADE A MISTAKE. That Energy doesn't make mistakes.

If later on down the line he had to send a human being to do what He should have done when we were created, then why not simply create us to be perfect? A MAN can't tamper with nor "fix" what God has created, simply because there was nothing wrong to begin with.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#545330 Oct 3, 2012
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have scientific proof,your making it up as you go.Life on this planet is the only important thing,the preservation of our resources,taking responsibility for our actions, with respect towards ourselves,each other and the planet, this is our reality.It is very arrogant and ignorant to think the human species is any different than any other life form of this planet.This is our heaven and hell,this is the only life you will ever know,we live in the memories of our loved ones,not everyone is King Tut , or Elvis.Religion is derived from mythology of Astrology, which is derived from Astronomy, we do have historical evidence, as well as the chart of Astronomy in relation to the book of ages,the Mayan and Chinese long calenders.And it is all written and contrived by mankind.
Can you comprehemd that thete are plenty of things outside the realm & knowledge of science?

Also... You know what a space bar is?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#545331 Oct 3, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That scratch and attack to avoid it.Be Blessed.
.. as Catcher would say, "This is not a sentence." ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#545332 Oct 3, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You STILL don't GET that "more stupid" and "stupider" are BOTH acceptable, do you?
And you're too lazy to even google it, aren't you?
No....adding "er" to every single word is NOT correct and is NOT correct in this post of yours to which I am responding with your "dumberer".
To answer your question, there is NO contest and NO comparison between you and me. I am SO out of your league that it's not even funny.
Not only are you dumber than I am, you are dumber than my CAT.
Sorry- I am not intending to be insulting; I am simply being FACTUAL.
Or- you can consider it to be an observation rather than a criticism.
Stupider is as stupider does?

Lol, you're retarded.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#545334 Oct 3, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The word "countless" has nothing to do with how high one can count.
Look it up.
Ok

Adjective
Too many to be counted; very many.

"Too many to be counted" is a relative term....
MrZootSuit

Chicago, IL

#545335 Oct 3, 2012
YELLODOG,

Do you or do you not put up a christmas tree for christmas?

This is the 6th time I have asked this question. Why are you so afraid of answering it?

Location hidden

#545336 Oct 3, 2012
Gate Keeper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever. Strange, 2010. less than 400 posts. I guess you were too afraid to posts under your real name. No worries, your problem.
Actually Christianity is not derived from Judaism, Christianity is the new testament from God to the Jews. It is like an "amended" that adds and incorporates all that was in the new testament.
You good folks love to forget that Christianity is he promise that the Jews were given, Christ was a Jew and the original Christians were almost 99% Jews, God's children, all else are Gentiles and receive the extension of adoption. Christianity belongs to the Jews first, and Gentiles are adopted children. Gentiles seem to hate that, but in reality we have full birthrights when we are born-again.
Actually I have written on this particular post since 2008, I come and go every once and a while, gets a little boring after a while, once you've been here a while you will see its the same argument over and over, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over , and expecting a different result. Be Water, My Friends, Be Water,lol PS,Yes Christianity is derived from Judaism, but Judaism is derived from the Book of the Dead and Pagan occult,as well as a couple we don't know about, seeing how ancient civilizations would wipe each other out, so as not to have any evidence of other cultures and influence.The assimilation of Native Americans,South Americans by the Anglo and Catholic churches are evidence of that. And Egyptian and Greek gods are all related to Astronomy, the mapping of the stars in our galaxy, and the universe.This is the common denominator of all world mythological religions .

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#545339 Oct 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You can lol but never been disproved, unlike you babble BS
Feel free to continue
E=mc2 basically tells us that energy and mass are the same thing, and how much energy is contained in a given mass, or vice versa. In other words, mass is really very tightly packed energy.
That's your proof that God can't exist?

You have no "evidence" that Pantera was Jesus' true father...

So......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#545340 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on to your lake titicaca, little lady! A fable is a short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral....
That ain't the Bible.
Okay- then it's a fiction NOVEL- better?

And there are TONS of animals in the bible or have you forgotten about Noah's ark just to name one example?

Location hidden

#545341 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you comprehemd that thete are plenty of things outside the realm & knowledge of science?
Also... You know what a space bar is?
My friend, Mankind is lucky to know 1% of all there is to know, but using the scientific Method is the best approach we have to maintain the survival of life on this planet,praying did not make the computer in front of you happen.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#545342 Oct 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to overlook some of the Hebrew fonts not showing correctly.
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. Isa 40:22
Isa 40:22 BHT-Transliterated Hebrew Text
Isaiah 40:22 hayyöšëb `al-Hûg hä´äºrec wüyöšbʺhä KaHágäbîm hannô†è kaDDöq šämaºyim wayyimTäHëm Kä´öºhel läšäºbet (Isa 40:22 BHT)
Holladay Lexicon:
2391 gWx
gWx: circle; µûg h¹°¹reƒ, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; µûg ±al-p®nê t®hôm horizon on the sea Pr 827; µûg š¹mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.†(pg 97)
TWOT Hebrew Lexicon.
2329 gWx chuwg {khoog}
Meaning: 1) circle, circuit, compass 2)(BDB) vault (of the heavens)
Origin: from 02328; TWOT - 615a; n m
Usage: AV - circle 1, circuit 1, compass 1; 3
GESENIUS' HEBREW GRAMMAR
[2867](Hebrew)(page 295)
† gWx n.[m.] vault;—only of vault of the heavens $lhth ~ymv gWx Jb 22:14; -l[ gWx AqãxuB.~wht Œnp Pr 8:27; #rah gWx-l[; bveyh Is 40:22
Definitions taken from BibleWorks 9.0 http://www.bibleworks.com/
^^ That's a handy software to have.^^ You should try it.
The verse in question is referencing a circle, specifically a disc.
Whether you want to imply it meant a "vault"(which, again, in this context would mean all in sight to the horizon ie:circle or disc) or, compass, circuit etc...
Those variations do not mean "sphere".
The word in context and in meaning, as used, according to Hebraic lexicons denotes an old fashioned, flat, 2D circle.
Just what you'd think nomadic desert dwelling goat herders would use in describing a world they knew little about.
Not a 3D sphere.
Noun: circle
1. Ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point
2. An unofficial association of people or groups
3. Something approximating the shape of a circle
4. Movement once around a course
5. A road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island
6. Street name for flunitrazepam
7. A curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra
8. Any circular or rotating mechanism
Synonyms
band
circuit
circulate
dress circle
encircle
forget me drug
lap
lot
Mexican valium
R-2
roach
roofy
rope
rophy
rotary
round
set
traffic circle - WordWeb Pro 6.0
And yet, none of the synonyms for circle include "sphere". Circle is the word used. There was no mention of "sphere".
A sphere is circular.
A circle is not spherical
1 Chronicles 16:30:“He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
Psalm 93:1:“Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
Psalm 96:10:“He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
Psalm 104:5:“Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
Isaiah 45:18:“...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”
The Flat Earth Society bases its claim of a flat earth entirely upon biblical text.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
What the earth looks like according to the bible.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/enoch24.gif
Righty o!

But it still doesn't say that the Earth is flat, so.....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#545343 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well, wait. If we stop doing it [public prayer] at football games, in the pledge of alegiance, etc, then aren't we now pandering to the minority atheists?
No. If you want to pander to unbelievers, we'll lead the "prayer." You won't like it. How about we do neither?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Haven't you noticed how many football players get on one knee for a quick prayer during games? They like it. You don't.
I don't mind it. Nor when the Latin baseball players make the sign of the cross. I don't think much of it, either.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
America is freedom of religion, not freedom FROM religion.
It's freedom from state sponsored religion, which is enough for me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If an owner of a football team or something wants to take God out of their arena, that's their call, they can do that. But you sound like you want legislature written to prevent it. That isn't freedom.
No, I didn't call for laws against prayer in football games, unless they are state sponsored, as between two public schools.

You have freedom to worship in private. You don't need any more than that. Public worship is done at the risk of losing respect and business.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God is in our pledge of allegiance because America is a religious nation.
That's not a good enough reason. America has a secular government.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A mere 14% of the population are not. I'd assume that most of that 14% doesn't care if God is in it or not, only the athimentalists want to change laws & traditions. Aint happenin.
Not so. The Christians want to change it again to read, "with liberty and justice for all, born and unborn."

Actually, we want to restore tradition, which was rudely overturned in 1954, when they added "under God" to the Pledge and changed it to "both a patriotic oath and a public prayer." It shouldn't be a prayer.

The Pledge goes back to the late nineteenth century, and was modified in the early twenties, when "to the flag of the United States of America" replaced "my flag."
http://www.oldtimeislands.org/pledge/pledge.h...

I think that they should drop the mention of both the god and the flag out of the Pledge. Go ahead and pledge your allegiance to the nation, which comprises its people, its Constitution and government, it traditions, and its natural resources - but not the flag. It's just a symbol. You might as well pledge allegiance to the bald eagle and Uncle Sam, too.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#545344 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupider is as stupider does?
Lol, you're retarded.
No- YOU are retarded. You can't ace a third grade grammar question!

stu·pid
&#8194; &#8194;[stoo-pid, styoo&#8208;] Show IPA adjective,******stu·pid·er**** ***, stu·pid·est, noun
adjective
lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.
in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.

You're pathetic, RR- truly and all the more because you call WOMEN dumb when you are in the top FIVE of the DUMBEST men I have ever come across in my life.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#545345 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
Adjective
Too many to be counted; very many.
"Too many to be counted" is a relative term....
WhatEVER. You keep proving COUNTLESS times over what an incredible misogynist and boor you are.

You wanna sit around and nit-pick and "worry" stuff like an old woman?

Go ahead, little girl.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#545347 Oct 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we see you in some important and vital job or do we see you having to suffer under a female boss?
Suffer?! Lol, I ain't suffering, my female bosses are.... In an EQUAL society, they would've been fired by now. They were hired, showed that they are incapable of the job, and should be fired....

None of those I listed do I get paid for. That's all volunteer work. Besides, what has your queen hillay done that was so vital & important?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#545348 Oct 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That ain't the Bible.
You know, in part, you are RIGHT.

"conveying a moral"...

CORRECT- that AIN'T the bible.

You FINALLY got SOMETHING right!

ROFFLMAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 100,707
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 670,393
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 4 min Tony 30
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 min Tony 6,148
the telomere 1 hr Kimberly2017 3
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 1 hr Kimberly2017 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,657
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web