OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#542782 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a fact?
So let's say that aliens exist.... Prove it.
What's that? you can't?
Then by your logic, aliens must not exist simply because you can't prove it....
That's an ignorant philosophy.
No- it's not ignorant at all.

Until there is proof that aliens exist or have existed, it is NOT a FACT that they exist or that they ever did.

Substitute Santa Claus for aliens.

Let's say that Santa Claus exists.....Prove it.

What's that? You can't?

Then by your logic, Santa Claus must not exist simply because you can't prove it.......

Until there is proof that Santa Claus exists or has existed, it is NOT a FACT that he exists or that he ever did.

And don't post back to me about St. Nicholas or any other people who actually lived who the MYTH of Santa Claus is based on.

And good to see you starting with the insults so early in the day, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542783 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, habit.
I owe you no respect.
Respect is earned, not given.
OCD.
Which is why you garner so little respect here, RR.

And I have not forgotten that you have yet to retract your lie of yesterday in which you claimed that I said American is not a nationality.

You have so little respect for yourself to tell such a blatant lie that it comes as no surprise that pretty much everyone here has as little respect for you as you have for yourself.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#542784 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Very simple logic dictates that if something can't be proven to be factual then it is not factual and no such fact exists.
You cannot prove your experience happened, so therefore you cannot prove that your god is real.
While your experience may have proven that your god is real to you, your experience does not prove it to anyone else.
I never said it did. I'm trying to let y'all know how God touched me and helped me & that He also touch you & help you. He's real. Know it.

You'll never find God if you're not looking for Him.

If you can't find Him, you're lost, like a bird flying in the sky and can't find the air....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542785 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Hitler, then he converted to atheism....
Ah- so you finally admit that Hitler was a Christian.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542786 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why you garner so little respect here, RR.
And I have not forgotten that you have yet to retract your lie of yesterday in which you claimed that I said American is not a nationality.
You have so little respect for yourself to tell such a blatant lie that it comes as no surprise that pretty much everyone here has as little respect for you as you have for yourself.
Really? What's your nationality?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542787 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ah- so you finally admit that Hitler was a Christian.
Sure. So was booots...

You can't be so naive to think that "Once a Christian, always a Christian"....

Hitler dropped any love he had for God long before his ascention to power.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542788 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it's not ignorant at all.
Until there is proof that aliens exist or have existed, it is NOT a FACT that they exist or that they ever did.
Substitute Santa Claus for aliens.
Let's say that Santa Claus exists.....Prove it.
What's that? You can't?
Then by your logic, Santa Claus must not exist simply because you can't prove it.......
Until there is proof that Santa Claus exists or has existed, it is NOT a FACT that he exists or that he ever did.
And don't post back to me about St. Nicholas or any other people who actually lived who the MYTH of Santa Claus is based on.
And good to see you starting with the insults so early in the day, RR.
Yes it is ignorant. You said

"The fact remains that only what exists can be proven to exist."

How do you know what exists? You don't. Just because you don't know about a thing doesn't make that thing false.

Absense of evidence is NOT evidence of absense.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542789 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You assume that, again.
2. Lots of people have evidence of God. No, not evidence that can be shown, though...
3. No it's not.
4. Who's using God to understand the universe? Are you so cocky that you think you understand the universe?
LOL! If they don't have evidence that can be shown, then they do not have evidence.

v·i·dence
&#8194; &#8194;[ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb, ev·i·denced, ev·i·denc·ing.
noun
that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
Law . data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eviden...

proof
&#8194; &#8194;[proof] Show IPA
noun
evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.
the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.
Law .(in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proof

RR, you don't get to redefine the meaning of the word "evidence".

You are contradicting yourself by saying people have evidence that can't be shown.

That is in direct contradiction to the meaning of the word "evidence".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542790 Sep 26, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
ratiional skeptics evaluate
religitards believe.
Show me a humble atheist & I'll show you a miracle....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542791 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it did. I'm trying to let y'all know how God touched me and helped me & that He also touch you & help you. He's real. Know it.
You'll never find God if you're not looking for Him.
If you can't find Him, you're lost, like a bird flying in the sky and can't find the air....
Wha??? A bird flying in the sky and can't find the air.......they are IN the air- the PROOF of that is that they are flying in the sky.

No.....I am not looking for the god of the bible of that of any other organized religion.

After all, IF there is a god, god did not invent religion. Mankind did.

And you can try to let us all know until the cows come home.

Not only are you a stranger on an internet blogging forum, you can not only not prove your god is real to us, you can't prove it to those nearest and dearest to you either.

Your WORD is not proof.

And really- even IF I was inclined to believe you, why would I given that you lied when you claimed I said American is not a nationality and when you won't admit to that lie?

Just how trustworthy do you think that makes ANYTHING you say or ANYTHING you claim?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542792 Sep 26, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to post some evidence of god's existence instead of these red herrings? Seems you would have posted some by now if you had any.
OMG. When are you knuckleheads gonna get it that God doesn't want to be proven? Not in the sense you're looking for anyway.
That's wy we try comparing "prove God" to "prove love".
You CAN'T prove that you love your mom.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542793 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what exists? You don't. Just because you don't know about a thing doesn't make that thing false.
Ah- stealing someone else's words, I see.....couldn't come up with something so "pithy" on your own, huh?

No- it IS a fact. Only that which IS can be proven to be.

The existence of anything and everything I know for a fact to exist has been proven to exist.

There is much that exists in this world that I have not personally seen with my own eyes.

But what exists which I have not personally experienced has been proven to exist.

So one need not personally experience something to accept the validity of that existence since proof has been demonstrated.

So if your god exists, no one should have to have a personal experience with your god in order for your god's existence to be proven.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542794 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wha??? A bird flying in the sky and can't find the air.......they are IN the air- the PROOF of that is that they are flying in the sky.
No.....I am not looking for the god of the bible of that of any other organized religion.
After all, IF there is a god, god did not invent religion. Mankind did.
And you can try to let us all know until the cows come home.
Not only are you a stranger on an internet blogging forum, you can not only not prove your god is real to us, you can't prove it to those nearest and dearest to you either.
Your WORD is not proof.
And really- even IF I was inclined to believe you, why would I given that you lied when you claimed I said American is not a nationality and when you won't admit to that lie?
Just how trustworthy do you think that makes ANYTHING you say or ANYTHING you claim?
Words alone may not be proof, but words coupled with actions can be. Isn't that how you "prove" to your man that you love him? Words & actions? Proof.

I think you are looking for God. That's why you're here. You don't need religion to find God, he's there no matter what. you don't even need the bible, but it helps.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542795 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. So was booots...
You can't be so naive to think that "Once a Christian, always a Christian"....
Hitler dropped any love he had for God long before his ascention to power.
No, I don't think that at all.

And we do not know for a fact if Hitler really believed he was a Christian or not and/or if he truly did drop any love he had for a god long before his ascension to power.

The point is that if Hitler was a Christian, he was not the first or last Christian to commit unspeakably heinous acts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542796 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. When are you knuckleheads gonna get it that God doesn't want to be proven? Not in the sense you're looking for anyway.
That's wy we try comparing "prove God" to "prove love".
You CAN'T prove that you love your mom.
Can you maybe go just one day without name calling?

I know I am up to the "task"- just wondering if you are.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542797 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! If they don't have evidence that can be shown, then they do not have evidence.
v·i·dence
&#8194; &#8194;[ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb, ev·i·denced, ev·i·denc·ing.
noun
something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
Law . data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eviden...
proof
&#8194; &#8194;[proof] Show IPA
noun
evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.
the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.
Law .(in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proof
RR, you don't get to redefine the meaning of the word "evidence".
You are contradicting yourself by saying people have evidence that can't be shown.
That is in direct contradiction to the meaning of the word "evidence".
I won't redefine anything, I'll quote from YOUR post:

*God touching me & helping me PROVED to ME that He is real. His actions gave me "grounds for belief".

---

*God gave me plenty to have "belief in His truth".

--

"proof" & "evidence" doesn't rely on sharing it & mathematical proofs.

You love your man.
Nobody truly knows that but you.
You can't prove it.
But it's true.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#542798 Sep 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.....so I'm now gonna shake all the $50 bills off my money tree now....

I would provide you with proof of my money tree, but I'm gonna pick it clean of the $50 bills it grows and then run right out and spend them, so I won't be able to provide you with any evidence that my tree grows money.

But it does because I KNOW it does and because I TOLD you it does.

That's my "evidence".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542799 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
So if your god exists, no one should have to have a personal experience with your god in order for your god's existence to be proven.
Didn't say that, did I?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542800 Sep 26, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't think that at all.
And we do not know for a fact if Hitler really believed he was a Christian or not and/or if he truly did drop any love he had for a god long before his ascension to power.
The point is that if Hitler was a Christian, he was not the first or last Christian to commit unspeakably heinous acts.
The point is that if Hitler was an atheist, he was not the first or last atheist to commit unspeakably heinous acts.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#542801 Sep 26, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Why do you want to claim that atheism is a religion?
Because atheists claim there is no god(s)...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 4 min razz58 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min lightbeamrider 59,391
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Trumpisajoke 695,420
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 1 hr truth 4
How would you know if a woman is worth it? 1 hr jordanv2 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,783
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 5 hr Pimpy 23
More from around the web