Ah, that's so funny. Well done!
Good to see you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#529569 Aug 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, OCB, I dont mean animal cruelty, sheesh. We do "use" animals everyday. Ever eat meat? Ever ride a horse? Ever seen someone use oxen to pull carts? We do "use" them.
And it might be better if we didn't. We "use" them in vivesection, we "use" them in circuses, we "use" them in rodeos and believe me- you don't want to know what kind of cruelty those animals we "use" are subjected to.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#529571 Aug 22, 2012
BTW OCB, I do NOT mock evolution. I mock the people that think it all happened by chance. I believe in Creation through evolution, as it's spelled out in Genesis.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#529573 Aug 22, 2012
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>
What God commanded Noah to do was nothing short of divine intervention of some kind. The way the animals came to the ark and were kept under control can only be attributed to some kind of divine power at work. This would have been impossible humanly speaking.
Take God out of the picture and it would be an absurd story. With Him in it, then its possible.
Okay- so your god is a sorcerer of sorts- okay.

You find the wholly unexplainable to be more logical and reasonable than all that has been explained by evidence and by archeologists, anthropologists and scientists.

You take all they say and all the evidence they have and take it all with a grain of salt, yet you swallow the unproven myths of the bible lock, stock and barrel.

The same could be said of Santa Claus about flying all over the world in one night in a sleigh pulled by eight tiny reindeer as being possible due to some sort of "divine intervention".

Whether Santa Claus is in the picture or not, the very proposition is absurd.

I maintain the same is true of the stories to be found in the bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#529574 Aug 22, 2012
Harold Camping wrote:
<quoted text>First, there is no evidence of any of the natural claims in evolution books, and a lot of evidence contradicts many of those.
Secondly, why would a 4.5 billion year old scientist, with concerns of eating and sleeping, worry about one tiny grain of sand on one beach some 4.5 billion years ago? Much less, why would such a scientist be stupid enough to reveal itself to primitive people, like you, who could not accurately write down when information is given? Then why would this 4.5 billion year old scientist do everything to hide all the so-called evidence of his existence?
Logic sucks the wind out of mythology, but it opens up a whole new world in reality that you cannot afford to filter through evolution goggles.
Funny, but the same point does not apply to the theory of evolution. Unlike your single book, the theory of evolution gains more evidence with each year. The age of the Earth is determined by geology and other sciences, evolution is not dependent nor evidence of the age of the Earth.

You should be above such petty nonsense, the game of "I know you are" is one played on primary school playgrounds, not in intelligent discussion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#529575 Aug 22, 2012
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence it happened is based on the eyewitness accounts. From the time of His first appearance to the women at the tomb to the time of His ascension over 500 people saw Him alive over a period of 40 days in different settings. 2 of the people He appeared to were either a skeptic like James to an enemy of the church i.e. Paul.
There are over 10 sources outside the Bible that mention either Him directly or make indirect references to Him.
Many skeptics over time have set out to disprove the resurrection and came back believing in it.
Eyewitness accounts are among the most unreliable of that which makes up actual evidence.
christianity is EVIL

Edmonton, Canada

#529576 Aug 22, 2012
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to defeat the idea that the God of the bible is foolishness all you have to do is show that the God of the Bible cannot exist. Prove that the bible is a myth.
been done long time ago,your god is logicaly Impossible to be real

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

go spread the word

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#529577 Aug 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
BTW OCB, I do NOT mock evolution. I mock the people that think it all happened by chance. I believe in Creation through evolution, as it's spelled out in Genesis.
You believe the story of Adam and Eve to be true.

They did not come about by means of evolution. One day they weren't here and then poof! the next day they were. That is NOT evolution or creation through evolution.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#529578 Aug 22, 2012
OCB, I know some people "abuse" animals & as an ASPCA member, I hate it. My point is that we do "use" animals, animals don't "use" us...
ps - dont tell my cats that

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#529579 Aug 22, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>The one who "indisputably" Proves that entity actually exists.
At that point the entity would surely relate how miserably inept the adherents interpretation of it was.
Indeed!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#529580 Aug 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you believe that anyone is claiming it's chance, then you are not paying attention to what people, or science, has ever said. Nothing is technically chance, though there is some randomness in the genetic mutations, natural selection is not random at all.

Genesis makes no mention of evolution, nor is the order correct if you wish to purport that as what you believe. Plants could not have existed prior to the sun, for one example. It is not that you believe, but that you fear the unknown, embrace not knowing, and then you can actually fill that unknown with real information instead of riding the backs of others.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#529581 Aug 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
OCB, I know some people "abuse" animals & as an ASPCA member, I hate it. My point is that we do "use" animals, animals don't "use" us...
Okay....don't tell MY cat that either......

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#529583 Aug 22, 2012
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence it happened is based on the eyewitness accounts. From the time of His first appearance to the women at the tomb to the time of His ascension over 500 people saw Him alive over a period of 40 days in different settings. 2 of the people He appeared to were either a skeptic like James to an enemy of the church i.e. Paul.
There are over 10 sources outside the Bible that mention either Him directly or make indirect references to Him.
Many skeptics over time have set out to disprove the resurrection and came back believing in it.
No.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#529584 Aug 22, 2012
WHO MADE MANS MOUTH? WHO MADE THE DEAF, THE MUTE, THE SEEING OR THE BLIND? DID NOT I? NOW GO!
Oh, Moses. I shall be with you when you go to the King of Egypt. But Pharoah will not listen. I will stretch out my hand and smite Egypt will all My wonders

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#529585 Aug 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Microbes live inside your digestive tract, breaking down food particles so you can absorb the base chemicals. They use you to survive, and your body tolerates them for the benefits. Microbes live on your skin, they serve no purpose to you but they use your body to get food, as they eat dead skin that you shed as well as oils and other chemical left overs you excrete.

When you die, microbes and molds, as well as other larger animals, devour your corpse, this is what the act of rotting is. They are using you for sustenance. The only reason we are not used by other animals so often now as we once were, we use to be dinner to many species and plants use to use us to spread their seeds, is because of scientific advances in technology.

We are still "used" by other animals though, and that will never change.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#529586 Aug 22, 2012
Orange County Boos wrote:
<quoted text>That was no brain fart, go wipe you butt, you made a mess in there. Riverside is just way smarter than you. You're like a midget trying to be tall among giants.
Wow, you really are dumb. So is this another brain fart, idiot? Christians, Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists have the same God. But, like people do, they just believe different things.
Your stupidity does not get to lay claim to reason.
You know, since you think that CANADA IS NOT IN NORTH AMERICA AND HAWAII IS. But, you can see Hawaii from your backyard in Orlando. Come on Missy Genius, how do you do that? DUUUUMB.
Yes, they do. They ALL claim the god of abraham/abrum/abram/Brahma.
Jan

San Jose, CA

#529587 Aug 22, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Just what makes a "true" belief? And just what makes a "belief" "factual"?
Your using words that are contradicting in meaning.
A belief is not true until it is proven to be true. You may "truly" believe but that is not the same as a belief being true, for if a belief is true, then a belief is fact and is no longer a belief but a certainty.
If you think it bothers me that you say Deism is really only one step from atheism, it doesn't. I don't find calling someone an atheist to be an insult.
And just how has your god revealed himself to you? Don't say through the bible as you can't logically use a book that hasn't been proven to be fact to support your belief in the existence of a god which also hasn't been proven to be fact.
A justified true belief would be something like having facts and reason to support a belief. Lets assume you have a car and its in your garage. How would we know if its your car? We could check the garage for the car and ask to see the paperwork with your name on it that shows its your car. That is what a true justified belief is like. The principle is sound but it can get tricky to use sometimes. I'm not insulting you but trying to demonstrate the ramifications of beliefs.

God has revealed Himself to all men in:
1) nature. His work can be seen in all of nature including the cosmos. His handiwork can be seen in your body to wonder of life on this planet to the universe itself.
2)He has made Himself evident in the hearts and minds of all mankind. They know in their hearts and minds of His existence. Those that deny this are suppressing this knowledge.
3) He has revealed Himself in the Bible which is a record of His dealings with mankind.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#529589 Aug 22, 2012
Genesis 3.... Light came before plants.... Genesis' story is sooo close to that theory thingy, its unreal! Very strange that Moses knew some 2000 or so years BEFORE mr darwin.....
Jan

San Jose, CA

#529590 Aug 22, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
been done long time ago,your god is logicaly Impossible to be real
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
go spread the word
nonsense. Don't read that stuff at evilbible.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#529591 Aug 22, 2012
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>
What God commanded Noah to do was nothing short of divine intervention of some kind. The way the animals came to the ark and were kept under control can only be attributed to some kind of divine power at work. This would have been impossible humanly speaking.
Take God out of the picture and it would be an absurd story. With Him in it, then its possible.
So why do you think he half-assed it then? Why have someone build a boat? Why the flood?

Do you propose a god with very limited magical powers, who must rely on a man to build a boat, and resort to a flood to kill his victims?

No. It's a fiction, and not even an original one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 685,857
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min arrr 26,948
Most likely scenario in Mayweather - McGregor f... 8 min Doctor REALITY 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min Siva 8,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,751
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
Snitxh 10 hr Downlowinfo42069 1
More from around the web