Prove there's a god.
Reality

Madison, WI

#525632 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, at what? Getting the theory of evolution right? 6,000 years BEFORE Darwin thought of it?!?
I'm not "running away". But I'm also not sitting here doing nothing liek you are & waiting, waiting, waiting for the next awesome post form Reality...
LOL the book of genesis ( actually the Torah) was written around 3133 years ago. Now comes the hard question, what in hell does Darwin have to do with the Torah? Stick to yer buybull son, and find someone who can debate. You are way out of your league.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525633 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not in the same way you do. I believe the Bible as fact. Yes, probably distorted a little over the years of transaltion, but die-hard theologists strive to keep it as accurate as possible.
2 Peter 3:8 reads:
‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.'
It's not a literal 1 day = 1,000 years, it says a day is "like" a thousand years to God, meaning a very long time. God doesn't perceive time like we do, we made up the clock, calendar, etc. He didn't...
When Genesis says that God created the Earth in 6 days, that's not a literal human 6 days. I see theorists on Topix arguing that the Earth is older than 6,000 years. No kidding.
2 Peter 3:8–9 reads:

‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Genesis.

In Genesis, the Hebrew word for a "normal" day is yom(always) is a a "normal" day. Not only that, but yom is used in conjuction with "morning and evening", and the days are numbered.
This context in Hebrew is NEVER construed as a "long period of time". This also confirmed in Exodus 20:8-11, where the Israelites were instructed to work for six days and rest on the seventh, as god had made ALL things in SIX days and rested on the SEVENTH.

The only rational deduction is that the Genesis account could ONLY have related "normal" days.

I hope this helps you understand the context and meaning of your scriptures better.
Reality

Madison, WI

#525634 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't decide it, dude. Humans did. When we started get freaky with each other too much. God gave us the ability to reason - something a lot of people forget they have.
I see so the laws written in the Torah are man made and not the word of god. That lends much to the entire fabricated nonsense called religion.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#525636 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS & you know it. We are all God's children... Since God doesn't need to procreate like humans do, we are NOT brothers & sisters in the familial sense. If that were true, your husband is also you brother...
Well..according to the myth...

The god had himself design himself but used a ghost of himself to father himself so he wouldn't be "technically", doing his mother, which, really, is bizarre due to the *3 n'1* deity deal.

<the Mary> "o0Ooo, Joseph, you know I don't like that!"

<the Jesus> "don't let her fool you, she's a freak and loves it, Joe...um, I mean..uh, dad... Quit lookin at me like that, I'm the Jesus, I know stuff..."
I aint fraid no ghost

Upper Darby, PA

#525638 Aug 10, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not confusing terms. The terms apostles and disciples can and often are used synonymously. That's okay. It's permissible as long as we don't refer to Paul as a disciple. Also, Paul did meet Christ- on the road to Damascus. That counts as a meeting. You'll disagree, but you'll be wrong.
<quoted text>
Again, Ooogah, you're seriously out of your element here. Just where did you get your information about lifespans in 1st century Palestine from? Whatever the source, it's wrong. John and Peter both lived to be old men. Peter was crucified as an old man. Paul was likely close to 60 when he was beheaded. As for memories, you're forgetting just how reliable oral tradition was in antiquity. It was highly accurate because it was repeated so often, and it was corrected within the communities. Eyewitness testimony in antiquity was held in very high regard. It's not the same as now.
<quoted text>
Just because neither author was alive at the time of the events, it doesn't mean the events didn't happen. I wasn't alive during the Battle of Oriskany. Yet I live just 8 miles from that battlefield of the American Revolution. Am I not allowed to do research and write an accurate historical account about it just because I didn't live back then? C'mon. Get real. Tacitus was a renowned historian in his time, and highly accurate. Pliny the Younger still had legal issues to deal with regarding the Christians in the area he governed. That's a lame argument. Also, this isn't a court of law, and the historical method DOES allow for hearsay. If history was written the same way that a criminal case is decided, beyond a reasonable doubt, we wouldn't have much history to discuss at all.
<quoted text>
And I bet the dog ate your homework a lot too.
Historians can only record of what was written.
Accuracy is based on multiple synonymous data, and at times that contains errors..

As you can see, these so called disciple eyewitnesses, largely differ in their accounts.

The historian can only evaluate and take an educational guess on these type of matters.

Location hidden

#525641 Aug 10, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
no i won't be wrong, because the LIBRARYS are filled with such books of archaeology finds that support the scriptures as truth.
the PROOF is in librarys, Museums and right in front of your rebellous nose TO SEE and KNOW.
so no, i am not wrong.
and i have a life time of historical records to back me up.
Credible archaeologists, Musuems, historians, the artifacts themselves ALL CALL YOU A LIAR booots.
you can deny it all your life and you will still leave this world as clueless as you came into it.
Well, feel free to post each and every proof you speak of, lest you be considered a BS artist.

I sure hope they're better than the "arc" fiasco.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#525643 Aug 10, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>LOL the book of genesis ( actually the Torah) was written around 3133 years ago. Now comes the hard question, what in hell does Darwin have to do with the Torah? Stick to yer buybull son, and find someone who can debate. You are way out of your league.
Well, geez I guess you beat me right up.

But...

You're wrong...

Should I...

The book of Genesis is written by Moses, who died in 1400 BC. That would make the "writing" of the book appr 3,400-3,000 yrs old, not simply 3133 as you said.
Now the "subject matter" of Genesis - to which I was referring - is appr 5,000 - 6,000 years old.

And of a book appr 3.000 years old regarding events from 5,000-6,000 years old FORETOLD the evolution theory that Darwin postulated appr 3,200 years AFTER that book was written.

Gosh, I need a new league.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#525644 Aug 10, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably confusing terms here. The original 12 were disciples and there is no evidence they existed outside the buy bull.
The other Apostles like Paul/Saul who wrote most of the NT never met Christ by his own admission.
<quoted text>
They were all written AFTER Paul/Saul started writing his letters, which is probably not a coincidence and again, Paul/Saul never met Christ. They were written within a MODERN life time span from the events. The average life span at the time was 25, very very few lived past 45 and even fewer past 60, so some one witnessing the events in that time and living long enough to record them would be very very improbable. And there is the whole question of why did they wait so long and how good was their memory. My own grandad swears he walk to school uphill both ways when he was a teen. See how that (doesn't) work? Also, eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable as Chis Angel fans will demonstrate.
<quoted text>
Neither author was alive during the so called events, they recorded only hearsay, which is not even admissible in court nowadays.
<quoted text>
There are a lot of stupid people in the world.
Religion is for frightened infantile minds who prefer absurdity to uncertainty.
There!! The rise of Christianity explained.
Not one thing you babbled explains away the fact that you are going to Hell. Jesus existed, the events He did really happened including rising from the dead and SUPERNATURALLY healing people right on the spot , and the parts where He described Hell apply to the weak willed atheist like you.

In other words, you can lie to yourself all day long, but you're still going to a Hell that really does exist and is awaiting your hateful soul to punish for your rebellion and blasphemy. Just how many times do I have to tell you this???? It really is getting old.

You are never going to be able to think hard enough to explain away with excuses the existence of God, you desperate atheist clown.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525645 Aug 10, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>2 Peter 3:8–9 reads:
‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Genesis.
In Genesis, the Hebrew word for a "normal" day is yom(always) is a a "normal" day. Not only that, but yom is used in conjuction with "morning and evening", and the days are numbered.
This context in Hebrew is NEVER construed as a "long period of time". This also confirmed in Exodus 20:8-11, where the Israelites were instructed to work for six days and rest on the seventh, as god had made ALL things in SIX days and rested on the SEVENTH.
The only rational deduction is that the Genesis account could ONLY have related "normal" days.
I hope this helps you understand the context and meaning of your scriptures better.
It doesn't mean that at all. So the Israelites rested on the seventh day, again that's a day to a human, not to God.

2 Peter 3:8 reads:
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

----"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends"---

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525646 Aug 10, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text> I see so the laws written in the Torah are man made and not the word of god. That lends much to the entire fabricated nonsense called religion.
Obviously, you're not convinced of that. That's why you're here, to challenge your decision.

Location hidden

#525647 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The "evidence" y'all are looking for is the FACT that God is not disputed. Nothing, nowhere, from anyone proves that the Word of God is wrong. Nothing. Everything that happens is because of God, that can't be disputed.
Throw out scientific data, theories, ideas, even conclusions. None of them "prove" that God doesn't exist. They only strengthen Him. He created science & He created humans to be curious about it.
The book of Genesis, written 4,000-6,000 years ago is right in line with the theory of evolution. Just as theorists assume evolution took place, from nothing to everything you see today, happened in THE SAME ORDER...
How could a mere "goat herder" know how evolution happened? In the correct order of things?? When "evolution" wasn't even thought up for another 4,000-6,000 years?
The book of Genesis was written about 860-840 B.C.E.-not 4-6,000 yrs ago.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#525648 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, geez I guess you beat me right up.
But...
You're wrong...
Should I...
The book of Genesis is written by Moses, who died in 1400 BC. That would make the "writing" of the book appr 3,400-3,000 yrs old, not simply 3133 as you said.
Now the "subject matter" of Genesis - to which I was referring - is appr 5,000 - 6,000 years old.
And of a book appr 3.000 years old regarding events from 5,000-6,000 years old FORETOLD the evolution theory that Darwin postulated appr 3,200 years AFTER that book was written.
Gosh, I need a new league.
It is really amazing how stupid atheists are, isn't it? They are so desperately trying to explain away the consequences of their hatred of God and their rebellion against goodness and holiness.

If you come up on someone who thinks that Hell just simply can't exist, that God couldn't have made a place that horrible for someone to suffer in, then show them the absurdity of atheists and their ugly hateful behavior on this forum. That will make anyone hope that Hell is 20 times worse than ever described in the bible.

Show people everywhere you go this forum to make sure they keep a sharp focus on destroying atheism from the family unit upwards to the workplace.

Together we can destroy atheism before it destroys all of mankind, sending us back into the dark ages.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#525649 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS & you know it. We are all God's children... Since God doesn't need to procreate like humans do, we are NOT brothers & sisters in the familial sense. If that were true, your husband is also you brother...
Also in that myth, after Noah's mythic flood, the entire world had to be repopulated, again, by sons, Uncles, daughters, Aunts, neices, nephews etc..

A veritable plethora of holy sanctioned incest.

<the Noah> "you look just like your mother,...and your sister, and my son, and your cousin, myself and your father, which is my son, the 1st AND 2nd cousin of your mother,..on his sister's side, who is also your cousin....which is my other son's nephew's wife...OKAY, enough of that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!, GRANDAUGHTER! "

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#525650 Aug 10, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Back in the day, I got an arm caught in a conveyor belt. High-speed stone and gravel mover.
Luckily (if that word could be applied) it was a workers-comp case...
Cost over $300,000 before I even got out of the hospital. Never mind all the aftercare, and the dratted thing still doesn't work properly.
That's at 1989 rates, in 1989 dollars.
I hope Riverside saw this post of yours.,....

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#525651 Aug 10, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Also in that myth, after Noah's mythic flood, the entire world had to be repopulated, again, by sons, Uncles, daughters, Aunts, neices, nephews etc..
<the Noah> "you look just like your mother,...and your sister, and my son, and your cousin, myself and your father, which is my son, the 1st AND 2nd cousin of your mother,..on his sister's side, who is also your cousin....which is my other son's nephew's wife...OKAY, enough of that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!, GRANDAUGHTER! "
The only myth I see is your happiness as an atheist.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#525652 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you're not convinced of that. That's why you're here, to challenge your decision.
They are severely worried about their faulty decisions too. This forum (and all atheist websites) are in existence because of WORRY. They know they are wrong and that their time of enjoying denial are almost over.
They know that the reality of it all,( which the mature and responsible Christians have embraced a long time ago), will come crashing down on them immediately after their death.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#525653 Aug 10, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not confusing terms. The terms apostles and disciples can and often are used synonymously. That's okay. It's permissible as long as we don't refer to Paul as a disciple. Also, Paul did meet Christ- on the road to Damascus. That counts as a meeting. You'll disagree, but you'll be wrong.
All disciples are apostles, not all apostles are disciples.
All women are human, not all humans are women.

Get it? Bet not!

Paul had a hallucination probably induced by eating moldy rye. That is not the same as meeting someone.
Brother Marine wrote:
Again, Ooogah, you're seriously out of your element here. Just where did you get your information about lifespans in 1st century Palestine from? Whatever the source, it's wrong. John and Peter both lived to be old men. Peter was crucified as an old man. Paul was likely close to 60 when he was beheaded. As for memories, you're forgetting just how reliable oral tradition was in antiquity. It was highly accurate because it was repeated so often, and it was corrected within the communities. Eyewitness testimony in antiquity was held in very high regard. It's not the same as now.
The change in lifespan over time has been much studied and there are many sources. This chart is a fine summary for the past 600 years or so, as you will see, the time prior to that was relatively constant if you ignore the Christian induced period of black death and plagues. http://lifeboat.com/images/lifespan.jpg
Brother Marine wrote:
Just because neither author was alive at the time of the events, it doesn't mean the events didn't happen. I wasn't alive during the Battle of Oriskany. Yet I live just 8 miles from that battlefield of the American Revolution. Am I not allowed to do research and write an accurate historical account about it just because I didn't live back then? C'mon. Get real. Tacitus was a renowned historian in his time, and highly accurate. Pliny the Younger still had legal issues to deal with regarding the Christians in the area he governed. That's a lame argument. Also, this isn't a court of law, and the historical method DOES allow for hearsay. If history was written the same way that a criminal case is decided, beyond a reasonable doubt, we wouldn't have much history to discuss at all.
You had textbooks and historical first hand contemporary records of the events. These authors had only hearsay and legend to work with. They are not the same thing.
Brother Marine wrote:
And I bet the dog ate your homework a lot too.
No, but I do have lots of bridges for sale. I'll make you a really good deal!
Loralee_G

Hollywood, FL

#525654 Aug 10, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really amazing how stupid atheists are, isn't it? They are so desperately trying to explain away the consequences of their hatred of God and their rebellion against goodness and holiness.
If you come up on someone who thinks that Hell just simply can't exist, that God couldn't have made a place that horrible for someone to suffer in, then show them the absurdity of atheists and their ugly hateful behavior on this forum. That will make anyone hope that Hell is 20 times worse than ever described in the bible.
Show people everywhere you go this forum to make sure they keep a sharp focus on destroying atheism from the family unit upwards to the workplace.
Together we can destroy atheism before it destroys all of mankind, sending us back into the dark ages.
"If you come up on someone who thinks that Hell just simply can't exist, that God couldn't have made a place that horrible for someone to suffer in..."

If I come up on someone who think this...then I will pass on these two links..

Jesus! Christ, I found a Topix hell!

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#525655 Aug 10, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
How come no atheist wrote a book solidly debunking the Noah /Flood account when it happened? I guess because they were all dead . Watching defiant, hateful, rude, arrogant, unprepared atheist bigots like you clawing along the sides of Noah's Ark trying desperately to get into it while the flood waters were rising would have been a funny sight to see.

I can just hear them screaming < "I believe in God now!!! Let me in, PLEEEEASE!!!!!"

*gurgle, gurgle* LOL!!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#525656 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bologna. The government has fooled you. Just as the insurance companies argue the price down, so can an individual. You still had to pay $20,000 for a broken leg!!
No, an individual does not have the collective bargaining power that an insurance company does.

YOU: Give me a price break or I'll take my ONE patient else where!
HOSPITAL: <guffa!!><snort!!> <guffa!!><snort!!> <guffa!!><snort!!> <guffa!!><snort!!> <guffa!!><snort!!> <guffa!!><snort!!> <guffa!!><snort!!>

INSURANCE COMPANY: Give me a price break or I'll take my ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND patients else where!
HOSPITAL: Ummmm .... let's see what we can work out.

Get it? Bet not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 650,057
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min It aint necessari... 55,998
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min Clearwater 182,937
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 44,942
ROANOKE Man Charged with two of Aggravated Sex... (Dec '10) 30 min NJREAL 5
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 433
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 2 hr vanhalen 41
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web