Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525489 Aug 10, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what you're talking about concerning health care here in the U.S.
That is a reasonably fair assessment of me, since I have never lived in the USA, except for brief vacation stays, and I have never utilized any form of health care there.

I do know however that the health care issue seems to be a major one in the USA today according to all media, and I have known for a long time that it has been reported that the Canadian health care system is far superior to the USA one. All of that information is conceivably false, I admit. But why falsify something that is so easily seen? Why make it an issue in a Presidential election?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#525490 Aug 10, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet Tap dancing Jesus H Christ on a cracker did you flunk US History? I can go back to the time Kennedy was in office, and show you that each one of your points has been perpetrated by multiple Presidents, Obama is just carrying on the legacy. You really need to look back a few more than 3 years.
More than 3 years- Riverside needs go look back more than the past 3 MINUTES.

But no point in telling him anything about politics or our presidents- past, present or future, since "good" patriotic American that Riverside fancies himself to be has declared he isn't going to vote.

THAT'LL show 'em!

LOL!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525491 Aug 10, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet Tap dancing Jesus H Christ on a cracker did you flunk US History? I can go back to the time Kennedy was in office, and show you that each one of your points has been perpetrated by multiple Presidents, Obama is just carrying on the legacy. You really need to look back a few more than 3 years.
Not to mention that Riverside is simply ticked off because the Repbubs can't come up with even ONE thing about Obama's personal life or family life with which to smear him.

I just KNOW that's chapping Riverside's butt.

He can't STAND that we have a President who actually conducts his personal and family life according to TRUE Christian values.

It's eating him up.

Location hidden

#525492 Aug 10, 2012
Christian Brother wrote:
<quoted text>Is there any reason why any poster should care what you believe in, I mean seriously? When you post do you seek out sources that have been approved by the Christian audience or are your sources self serving?
If I seek out sources, I seek out sources, hopefully, that are unbiased to either side of the issue. There are some things claimed by believers that I know, from my personal background, education, and experience, are not true, but I do know that there are a lot of confirmed findings in the world of evidences that irrevocably deny the truth of some of the Bible stories.

Why in particular would I seek out stories approved by the Christian audience? I would hardly expect stories approved by the Christian audience to be objective accounts. I do however look at links given here by Christians and see that a lot of them are from fundamentalist sites, which are not even endorsed by mainstream Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#525493 Aug 10, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
We are pretty certain that the common Creation Story of the Bible is not how things were created because that would be creating everything from nothing by something that didn't exist before anything was created; an impossibility. Besides the Bible has been proved on so many levels to be unreliable, so it would not make any sense to treat it as a source of accurate information.
uh-huh... "pretty certain"??

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525495 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....better for someone to be "pretty certain" it didn't happen per the account in the bible than to be 100% ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY sure it DID happen per the account of the bible.....

But no worries- I realize being inquisitive and questioning what you're told isn't your thing as it takes more brain power than you are capable of generating.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525496 Aug 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Uh....no- not at all. Facing a catastrophic illness without health insurance is what is scary.
Hey- you wanna risk going bankrupt should the day ever come when you need a very expensive and life-saving operation and/or all sorts of treatments?
Go right ahead- chances are should that happen to you you will WISH you were dead.
You're foolish. And foolhardy. And a fool.
No, I'm not. I'm frugal, I'm smart. Really, why give away your money to an inurance company? I pay "insurance" to myself. I used to get charge over $300 a month for insurance. Now I take that money & stash it in a separate savings account. I've been doing that for over a year n ow & have about $5,000.00 in "insurance". I just wish I would have done it earlier, because I've WASTED roughly $110,000.00 by giving away to insurance companies. I'd love to have that in savings (plus interest over 20+ years)... Oh boy! I'm nusty!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525497 Aug 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Uh....better for someone to be "pretty certain" it didn't happen per the account in the bible than to be 100% ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY sure it DID happen per the account of the bible.....
But no worries- I realize being inquisitive and questioning what you're told isn't your thing as it takes more brain power than you are capable of generating.
Being inquisitive, I am. I don't walk around with blinders on, which is why I get so pissed being called a religinut, I'm not.

I believe in Creation through Evolution. It makes sense to me. Look it up.
Reality

Madison, WI

#525498 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the Holy Bible the first religious writing to claim the story of creation?

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

Was Jesus really Horus?

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen0...

Face reality, your religion has been copied and rewritten from much older Pagan religions.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525499 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not. I'm frugal, I'm smart. Really, why give away your money to an inurance company? I pay "insurance" to myself. I used to get charge over $300 a month for insurance. Now I take that money & stash it in a separate savings account. I've been doing that for over a year n ow & have about $5,000.00 in "insurance". I just wish I would have done it earlier, because I've WASTED roughly $110,000.00 by giving away to insurance companies. I'd love to have that in savings (plus interest over 20+ years)... Oh boy! I'm nusty!
Being frugal and smart doesn't mean you would be able to afford a surgery and/or doctor that could run into the tens and tens and tens of thousands of dollars.

You now have a whopping $5000???? ROFLMAO!!!! That barely covers the cost of ASPIRIN in a hospital these days!

Yeah- you ARE nutsy and obviously totally clueless as to the cost for health care for a catastrophic illness or injury.

And given what passes as logic for you, you might as well dump your auto insurance (even though by law you must have it) and your homeowner's insurance as well assuming you don't have a mortgage because if you do, you can't have a mortgage without homeowner's insurance.

I own my home outright so I am not legally required to carry homeowner's insurance, but I do and I pay a LOT for it due to the additional mandatory hurricane and wind coverage.

But I'd rather pay through ONE nostril for that than pay through the NOSE should something happen to my house or should someone injure themselves on my property.

It's called "insurance" for a reason.

Yes- I agree that premiums are out of control which is one of the many reasons why national health insurance is so very important.

Surely you know that as healthy as you are today, that could change tomorrow.

If you want to live your life without a safety net in place- and sorry, bub- but your $5000 "medical fund" is a JOKE- go right ahead.

Still, it ticks me off because one of the reasons why insurance premiums continue to skyrocket is to help cover the cost of medical care for jokers like you.

I'm tired of part of MY premiums going toward paying for health care for the uninsured.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525500 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Being inquisitive, I am. I don't walk around with blinders on, which is why I get so pissed being called a religinut, I'm not.
I believe in Creation through Evolution. It makes sense to me. Look it up.
So you're saying you DO believe in evolution?

Good to know. And I'll admit you are nowhere near as fanatic about your religious beliefs as are many here.

Still.....I sense you really would prefer our nation to be a theocracy.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Location hidden

#525501 Aug 10, 2012
Christian Brother wrote:
<quoted text>so, how do you proposed topin down an exact date 4.5 billion years ago, especially since the dating system which it was based on did not even exist.
I think that is my point not yours. We can't get exact dates from 4.5 billion years ago, because no humans existed on earth, and so no possible records exist. We do have reliable dating systems in science (all beyond my understanding) that can ball park events by thousands or millions of years, but doubtfully any of them could give an accurate date of anything.

Events though that people attempt to date from the bible are rather bizarre to say the least, because some of the events they try to put datesa on, had the events actually occurred would have occurred thousands or millions of years before humans even had the capability to communicate information.

The only way that biblical dating makes any sense is to go with the recent creation idea, that of the earth being only 4000 to 10000 years old, which no reputable authority would ever accept.
Reality

Madison, WI

#525502 Aug 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention that Riverside is simply ticked off because the Repbubs can't come up with even ONE thing about Obama's personal life or family life with which to smear him.
I just KNOW that's chapping Riverside's butt.
He can't STAND that we have a President who actually conducts his personal and family life according to TRUE Christian values.
It's eating him up.
LOL I think back to the race marches of the sixties, and the police using fire hoses to disperse the crowd of marchers.....( freedom to assemble and speech)

http://www.google.com/imgres...

I think back to the Kent State shootings.....

And then the Patriot act!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525503 Aug 10, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a reasonably fair assessment of me, since I have never lived in the USA, except for brief vacation stays, and I have never utilized any form of health care there.
I do know however that the health care issue seems to be a major one in the USA today according to all media, and I have known for a long time that it has been reported that the Canadian health care system is far superior to the USA one. All of that information is conceivably false, I admit. But why falsify something that is so easily seen? Why make it an issue in a Presidential election?
booots, you DID know what you were talking about basically.

While no one can be turned away from a HOSPITAL emergency room for urgent care, people can and are turned away from private physicians if they don't have insurance and then don't have the money to pay for medical care themselves.

Also, preventive medicine- which IS the key to good health- is basically not available or at the very least not at all readily available to the uninsured.

And as far as the long waits in hospital ERs in Canada, the same thing takes place here- even for those with insurance.

Not always, but it's not at all unusual for people to wait for HOURS in a hospital emergency room even if they do have insurance.

And without the means to receive PREVENTIVE health care and life-saving screenings, the SICK care system will continue in the USA instead of the WELL care system is SHOULD be.

In the meantime, Obama's naysayers are up in arms about national health care becoming law, despite that Obama's opponent- Mitt Romney made that very same law for the state of Massachusetts as governor.

Go figure.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525504 Aug 10, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I think back to the race marches of the sixties, and the police using fire hoses to disperse the crowd of marchers.....( freedom to assemble and speech)
I think back to the Kent State shootings.....
And then the Patriot act!
All excellent examples of bad government, so why Obama should make such a MAJOR change or even have the capability to do so is beyond me- not to mention he does NOT have the power to change SO much that has gone on as "business as usual" by SO many of his predecessors.

And the Patriot Act was one of THE worst things to come out of the Bush Administration, but there are SO many worst things to choose from that came out of those 8 long years of some of the worst governing this country- and even the world- has ever seen!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525505 Aug 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Being frugal and smart doesn't mean you would be able to afford a surgery and/or doctor that could run into the tens and tens and tens of thousands of dollars.
You now have a whopping $5000???? ROFLMAO!!!! That barely covers the cost of ASPIRIN in a hospital these days!
Yeah- you ARE nutsy and obviously totally clueless as to the cost for health care for a catastrophic illness or injury.
And given what passes as logic for you, you might as well dump your auto insurance (even though by law you must have it) and your homeowner's insurance as well assuming you don't have a mortgage because if you do, you can't have a mortgage without homeowner's insurance.
I own my home outright so I am not legally required to carry homeowner's insurance, but I do and I pay a LOT for it due to the additional mandatory hurricane and wind coverage.
But I'd rather pay through ONE nostril for that than pay through the NOSE should something happen to my house or should someone injure themselves on my property.
It's called "insurance" for a reason.
Yes- I agree that premiums are out of control which is one of the many reasons why national health insurance is so very important.
Surely you know that as healthy as you are today, that could change tomorrow.
If you want to live your life without a safety net in place- and sorry, bub- but your $5000 "medical fund" is a JOKE- go right ahead.
Still, it ticks me off because one of the reasons why insurance premiums continue to skyrocket is to help cover the cost of medical care for jokers like you.
I'm tired of part of MY premiums going toward paying for health care for the uninsured.
Ya,$5,000. Next year it'll be $10,000, then $15,000 and so on. Plus interest. Like I said, if I would've been doing this all along, I'd have over $110,000.... You missed that huh?

And sure, if you're an idiot (you), aspirin would cost you $5,000.'cuz I get it at Wal-Mart for ten bucks.

I went to a doc on Monday, cost me a whopping $200 for the visit & a prescription for antibiotics. I used to pay over $300/mo...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525506 Aug 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying you DO believe in evolution?
Good to know. And I'll admit you are nowhere near as fanatic about your religious beliefs as are many here.
Still.....I sense you really would prefer our nation to be a theocracy.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
You're wrong. America was founded as a capitalist nation, that's how it needs to stay.
I wholeheartedly agree the distinction between church/state. I love America's freedoms.

Location hidden

#525507 Aug 10, 2012
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't had the opportunity to try skii on a skii slope. I'd really like to try that though. I think I might stand a better chance at that than water skiing.
And I love parasailing. When I first considered it, I though it looked quite exciting and intense, but when I did it, I found it quite relaxing and peaceful and on a clear day, the views can be magnificent. Depending where you do it of course.
Once you get the method of skiing such that you can stay on your feet from the top of the slope to the bottom, if becomes an experience that would likely even seem better than parasailing. Because gravity is doing most of the work of getting you down the hill, you only have to work at not going too fast, staying on your feet, and not going off the trail, which requires some practice and a lot of scary falls before getting it perfect, and I never got it perfect.

One really appreciates living where there is snow, when you learn to ski, as it is almost a surreal experience. Unfortunately warm tropics have taken me away from winter skiing since I last skied in 2009. Even though most of the skiers at the slopes the days I skied were quite elderly, at 65 one's chances of getting badly injured or killed increase quite rapidly.

During my skiing years a 62 year old man, who was a ski instructor at the place I skied, fell and broke his neck leaving himself a quadriplegic, after he had just retired from his regular job and was looking forward to a life of fun, skiing etc. Actually there are a lot of partially paralyzed people on the slopes. People without legs. Amazing how some people can adapt. We also had a 17 year old boy killed when he went off course and hit a tree. Trees can be very unforgiving when you are approaching at near the speed of a car and hit them with your head.

Of course there are at least 3 famous deaths of skiers - Sonny Bono of Sonny and Cher fame, Michael Kennedy, son of Robert Kennedy, assassinated former Presidential candidate, and nephew of assassinated President JF Kennedy, and actress Natasha Richardson, daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and wife of actor Liam Neeson. Richardson was killed in Canada.

I think the first two both hit trees, and Richardson fell during a skiing lesson.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#525508 Aug 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya,$5,000. Next year it'll be $10,000, then $15,000 and so on. Plus interest. Like I said, if I would've been doing this all along, I'd have over $110,000.... You missed that huh?
And sure, if you're an idiot (you), aspirin would cost you $5,000.'cuz I get it at Wal-Mart for ten bucks.
I went to a doc on Monday, cost me a whopping $200 for the visit & a prescription for antibiotics. I used to pay over $300/mo...
No- I saw where you said you'd have $110,000 had you been doing this all along....

Sorry, bub- but many illnesses- especially MANY forms of cancer- cost WAY more than $110,000 to effectively treat.

You are ignorant as to the actual cost of health care.

Uh....when one is in the hospital, you don't get to bring your own aspirin, not to mention that I was making a point about the prohibitive cost of hospital care.

Good- your doctor's visit cost you only $200 but had he discovered that you had cancer or heart disease or any other number of serious health issues, that $200 you spent wouldn't amount to a single spit in the ocean to what it would cost to treat you and/or cure you.

And YOU are the idiot- you pay $10 for aspirin at Walmart???

I hope it's a LIFETIME supply for that kind of money!

I pay $1.49 for 60 aspirin at my local supermarket.

So if you're paying $10 for a bottle of aspirin, you sure have stocked up assuming you're actually paying $10 for aspirin......
Reality

Madison, WI

#525509 Aug 10, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>All excellent examples of bad government, so why Obama should make such a MAJOR change or even have the capability to do so is beyond me- not to mention he does NOT have the power to change SO much that has gone on as "business as usual" by SO many of his predecessors.
And the Patriot Act was one of THE worst things to come out of the Bush Administration, but there are SO many worst things to choose from that came out of those 8 long years of some of the worst governing this country- and even the world- has ever seen!
Sadly, Obama, much like OH so many of his predecessors have simply prolonged business as usual. Obama like all that came before and I dare say those to come will promise to change things. When faced with reality most voters simply do not understand that a President does not have the ability to make law, he simply can sign them into law. The actual changes are made in Congress, and as long as we as a nation turn our heads and blindly reelect the same representatives nothing will change.If its change yo desire, demand term limits for the House and Senate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 596,673
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 22 min Waiting4ever 366
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Happy Lesbo 612,649
Former Middle School Classmates Share An Emotio... 34 min Anonymous 1
The Christian Atheist debate 44 min karl44 1,069
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min I Am No One_ 444,363
Re-Programming Americans To Take Part In Their ... 1 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 7
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 177,219
More from around the web