UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! I'm reading it right now....well, not this very second obviously......
And I'll just say it's an (ahem) "interesting" read.......
"50 Shade of Grey", that is- NOT the bible...
LOL!
;-)
I sent the trilogy to my wife before her R&R, one of my better purchases. LOL

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible wasn't even in the top 100 book sales of 2011...sorry.
and '50 shades of Grey' has it sewn up this year, I've never read it but I enjoyed it....
Probably because most Bible's are free..... hmmmmm

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T KNOW. you tell me, you are the one with anger issues always calling me names and being so rude.
maybe you should reflect on the fact EVERY post you send is laced with rudness and insults.
this is a discussion board... so why you are on here taking everything so personal and making it so personal ...is a sure sign that it is YOU who is lacking 'intellect'.
What he was referring to, Patty, was actually my paste of your post where you insisted that the Ark is at the Olympics. Some of the info re facebook etc, was just extra garbage picked up from the page when I copied your post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
i wonder if you ever stop to consider how DUMB you sound.
the FACT the Holy bible WAS taught in the schools unti until the 70s booots as a history book, among other things, PROVES YOU WRONG.
i would gladly send you links to back it up but you are so bullheaded and ANTI-truth that you would call them lies to.
HISTORIANS outside the bible booots have written the SAME things that the bible testifys to.
how DUMB can you be, seriously how embarrassing for you.
EVERY kingdom in the bible, EXISTED and you can learn about them in history books as well as the bible.
the great men of the bible can be found in history books outside the bible.
you are just so afraid of facing the truth because if you did it would mean you would have to 'let go' of your delusions and sins and they mean far to much to you to let them go.
There are no artifacts ever found that confirm that the Bible is a history book, Patty. You can argue that forever, and you will still be wrong.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there's a god.
.. we found her last night ..

.. why can't we accept our proof ??..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't miss much, do you?
.. ya I do. Miss you ..

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody here can own or carry a handgun, except for special purposes. We have a murder rate and crime rate which is far lower than yours. Yours is one of the highest in the world.
You can own hunting rifles and shotguns here, and they are used for hunting and target shooting.
Also your military philosophy is rather appalling.
Everyone here can own or carry a handgun, shotgun or rifle. MOST Americans use them for leisure or defense. Few Americans (and illegals) use them for crime. Regardless, take away the guns from the citizens, they'll still be in the hands of the crooks. That's not fair play.

In 2009 America's crime rate was roughly the same as in 1968, with the homicide rate being at its lowest level since 1964. Overall, the national crime rate was 3466 crimes per 100,000 residents, down from 3680 crimes per 100,000 residents forty years earlier in 1969 (-9.4%).

There were 2,452,787 crimes reported in 2006; 48% were property related crimes and 12.6% were violent crimes. At a rate of 7,518 reported incidents per 100,000 people.

See that?!? America: 3680 crimes per 100,000 residents.
Canada: 7518 crimes per 100,000 residents.

Funny - guns don't help, "eh"?

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

<quoted text>INCEST by and large is found among HETEROSEXUALS.
.. Moldilocks is another sock of my friendly troll who has decided I'm a threat to humanity ..

.. we can do better ..

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

<quoted text>No....it is YOU religiTARDS that want a sissy, government controlled nanny-state.
You want the government to CONTROL who can marry and who can not.
That is just ONE of many examples which prove that you are clueless as to people being able to govern themselves.
And STUPID- every ILLEGAL gun was manufactured LEGALLY and at one point in time was SOLD legally.
With REAL gun control, in time, there would be NO guns that would be bought or sold ILLEGALLY, but I don't expect someone as short-sighted and as myopic as YOU are to understand that.
What you know about SENSE in ANY sense of the word wouldn't even BEGIN to wet the inside of the world's smallest thimble.
SEE????? You're flipping ignorant, retarded, excuse for a human being!!! I did NOT say the guns were made illegally!!! I said "Few Americans (and illegals) use them for crime."

Just - Where ... How.. the hell did you misinterpret that into "And STUPID- every ILLEGAL gun was manufactured LEGALLY and at one point in time was SOLD legally." ?!?!?!?!?!

You're wasting oxygen. Stop.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>that was the point, teaching responsibility and OBEDIENCE.
.. obedience or respect ??..

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know much about Canada. Canada was in the WWII from the beginning; not just after Dec 1941. Canada had the 3rd largest navy in the world by the end of the WWII. Canada flew thousands of bombing flights over Germany. My father-in-law was a bombardier in most of the bombings during the latter part of the war - age prohibited him getting in earlier.
During the D-Day events, Canadian troops played a major role.
That does not mean that I support that war though as the total loss of life on all sides would never justify any reason for the war. Cooler heads and better politics could have avoided most of the blood shed. Sadly humans often think that their first line of defense is to kill other people.
Yes, Germany initiated the fighting, but that could have been prevented by various diplomatic means, if people had wanted to avoid war.
"By the end of the War, Canada had the world's fourth largest air force,[8] and third largest navy."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history...
Remember that Canada has only 10% of the population of the USA.
I didn't ask for a history lesson of the Canadian army in WWI...

In 2010, Canada spent a whopping $22.3 billion on their military expenses...

In 2010, America spent $664 billion...

Go figure.

Since: Aug 12

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

I DO beleive in God and was interested by the original thread-Not to PROVE anything, just curious to see some of the comments of those that don't beleive. I don't understand "Religion" as a whole, but I have FAITH (key word) in God because of my own experiences.
It's just entertaining to me when I see atheist(or whatever you're title is) getting defensive about God...Are you only trying to convince yourself??? Seems that way.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

<quoted text> While PROPERTY crimes may be higher in Canada, VIOLENT crimes are MUCH higher in the USA.
And you did not cite a SOURCE or LINK for what you posted.
Should we BELIEVE you based on that?
You didn't either when you said "VIOLENT crimes are MUCH higher in the USA"...

DUMB ASS

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

<quoted text>Oh you dumb ASS.
LEARN. TO. READ.
I KNOW what YOU said.
MY point was that if the LEGAL manufacture and the LEGAL sale of guns was greatly decreased, those LEGAL guns would not be AVAILABLE to EVENTUALLY find their way into the hands of people ILLEGALLY.
Your stupidity is a MAJOR affront to ALL that is good, decent and HOLY.
Feh!
Oh? Ok. When I mention somehting like, say... blueberries & start talking about that and you twist it around telling me how much I love those blueberries, it's OK because you're trying to make a point????

DON'T TRY TO COVER UP YOUR F*CK UP! I STATED THAT AMERICANS AND ILLEGALS USE GUNS FOR CRIME AND YOU CAME BACK WITH ---- duh, duh, duh Guns are made LEGALLY........

What the f*ck is wrong with you???

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

<quoted text>Guns (LEGALLY PURCHASED) "helped" for the following to happen:
1. The Virginia Tech tragedy- though maybe you don't know about that since it happened several years ago.
2. The more recent shootings in Colorado.
3. The even more recent shootings at a Sikh temple.
No.....I'd say that LEGALLY owned guns didn't help ANY of the victims, or their families or loved ones in the above tragedies.
Thee you go again!! O....M.....G..... You're an idiot.

ahem.... I NEVER SAID THAT ILLEGAL GUNS ARE WHAT CAUSES CRIME!!!!! CAN YOU F*CKING READ, LADY??????????

MOST people that own guns use them legally, hunting, target practice & home defense.

SOME crazy people that own guns kill innocent people.

THAT'S no reason to make guns illegal when MOST use them lawfully while SOME use them illegaly.

You probably didn't read any of that, so I don't know why I bother.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

<quoted text>Oh you dumb ASS.
LEARN. TO. READ.
I KNOW what YOU said.
MY point was that if the LEGAL manufacture and the LEGAL sale of guns was greatly decreased, those LEGAL guns would not be AVAILABLE to EVENTUALLY find their way into the hands of people ILLEGALLY.
Your stupidity is a MAJOR affront to ALL that is good, decent and HOLY.
Feh!
I said "Few Americans (and illegals) use them for crime."

Where's my reference to illegal gun purchases?!?

Just please answer that.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we found her last night ..
.. why can't we accept our proof ??..
Cuz the scientific method demands we repeat the test.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
how many people have you sued in your life? you are someone most people would be afraid to have any dealings with, cause all you talk about is suing people for this and that.
you missed the point.....
if you tell a child NOT to do something and they do it and get hurt,(which most kids do) thats how they learn.
you touch a hot stove ONCE and you won't ever make that mistake again.
that was the point, teaching responsibility and OBEDIENCE.
I have never sued anyone in my life, Patty. I did receive a sheriff's order to appear in court over a suit that had been brought against me by my brother after I had left the farm and was selling my share to him. He had decided that I was asking too much for the farm, so he had got an accountant to work with him to come up with a plan which basically would have had me paying him to leave. That was over 30 years ago.

I contacted him immediately and arranged a meeting with him and his accountant, which I had to drive about 8 hours to get to, and we met, and I explained my side of the issue, the accountant considered both sides, and came up with an alternate plan in which my brother did have to pay me money. That was about 30 years ago, and my brother still owes me a little though I have not pressed him for it, as he has had some serious hard times after he also left the farm at a later date, and subsequently lost most of it and an awful lot of money to his wife.

I pursued a large pharmacy company after a druggist gave the wrong meds to my wife, nearly killing her. I asked them for $500 for pain and suffering (no suit just letters back and forth), and they refused, so I reported them to the governing body for pharmacists, and they investigated and after many months (likely a couple years) they paid me $500 but it probably cost them thousands of dollars in time and work trying to not pay me.

Had it been in the USA and I had taken them to court I likely could have got thousands of dollars from them, if not more.

My post was not about suing people but about irresponsible parents who would tell a child to not touch a hot stove and then leave them with the hot stove to be permanently disfigured, as happened to my uncle.

What you were suggesting is irresponsibility bordering on insanity.

I suppose you would support telling a child to not run into the street, and then when they do run into the street and get killed by a car, you would call that the necessary for learning right thing to do.

Patty, I think the whole world should offer a silent prayer to whatever imaginary deity they follow that Patty never had kids.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. obedience or respect ??..
Translation: Total narscissistic subjugation(induced shared psychosis).

“I am who I am”

Since: Jun 11

Upstate NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This might help one understand.
Many people born into a strongly religious family submit to that belief system throughout their lives; others undergo the long, tortuous, and painful road from believer to humanist. Others drift slowly and passively away from their cradle faith to become lukewarm Christians or "nothingarians" without fully confronting what the religious indoctrination has done to them as human beings.
Many of these lukewarm Christians who are products of mainline Christianity are eventually seduced into fundamentalism, a process that has been described by Edmund D. Cohen in his book The Mind of the Bible-Believer. Although Cohen described this process as it applies to extreme fundamentalist conversion, the seven step-wise devices used by fundamentalist god-talkers lay bare the violence done to human reason and dignity by all forms of Christian indoctrination.
In the first device, "The Benign Attractive Persona of the Bible," all kinds of extravagant claims and promises are made implicitly or explicitly in the manner of the old-fashioned snake oil salesman or the modern TV commercial. As part of the program of Christian mind control, the word love is used frequently; however, as we shall see, the word develops an idiosyncratic meaning once the individual is "inside." In the Christian commercial, promises of forgiveness of sins and life everlasting are added to the promise of love. The term "love bombing" has been applied to this process as it refers to modern cults; Cohen refers to this strategy as a "colossal bait and switch sales pitch." Once the individual is "inside," the sugar coating quickly dissolves, leaving the bitter pill.
The second device, "Discrediting the World," calls for subjects to wean themselves away from those former friends and associates who do not share the same belief. Analogously, in The Imitation of Christ [by Thomas Kempis] we find these words: "Trust not to friends and kindred, neither do thou put off the care of thy soul's welfare til hereafter; for men will sooner forget thee than thou art aware of." However, since god-talkers cannot entirely erase human need for human contact, the phenomenon of Christian "fellowship" is encouraged to make sure that new members rub shoulders with well-indoctrinated fellow Christians. Rituals, such as prayer, hymn singing, and communion, play an important part in encouraging the neophyte to withdraw from previous human supports and focus on God and Christ.
One devastating aspect of this device is the discrediting of the individual's human capacity to reason. On this point Cohen states, "while the Bible does not explicitly say that independent thinking is a cardinal sin -- to do so would give the game away -- it is the crux of any biblically authentic definition of sin, one incompatible with doing the devotional program." Although the Bible may not have explicitly discouraged the use of human reason, it was obvious by the time of Thomas Kempis that knowledge was to be mistrusted: "My son, in many things it is thy duty to be ignorant and to esteem thyself as dead upon earth, and as one to whom the whole world is crucified."
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/cohen.htm
Cohen's critique or analysis is woefully inaccurate. Of course, to those non-believers on the outside looking in, it does seem strange. To be a Christian in today's world is as highly enlightening as it is challenging. We are discovering new historical evidence that supports our beliefs. Mr. Cohen's lack of Biblical and historical understanding is evident. As Paul wrote in his letters, we are supposed to ask questions. We are not to believe blindly. Believing blindly is as bad as not believing at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 501,921 - 501,940 of679,764
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

578 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min karl44 440,802
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min ocxz 109,507
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 15 min Some1 Else 1,214
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 30 min cpg2707 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Dr_Zorderz 250,345
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min No Shiite 216,679
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min Toby 89,495
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Josh 228
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 511,919