#524063 Aug 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was OrangeCountyblues that wrote:
"Consciousness comes from the brain.
Simple question with a simple answer."
Hence my referral to "simple".....
Yes and? Your point is what?

In humans it does originate in the brain, in mammals it does. Does it exist in plants? First you need to define consciousness before you start compartmentalising it , you just cant say that because no one understands something then it must be goddidit
I aint fraid no ghost

Upper Darby, PA

#524064 Aug 6, 2012
JCMGeoff wrote:
<quoted text>It is impossible to live exactly by the Bible. The Bible gives examples on how to live Christ-like, and I see that you are doing a fine job trying, so you can not say that I am "rejected" by God and Jesus. For it is impossible to be exactly like Jesus or God. And unless you are me, you can not tell me about "My God" that I have come to believe in.
Go sell your stuff and give the proceeds to the needy.
Stop making excuses and do what jesus tells you, hypocrite!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#524065 Aug 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read my post?
Yes.

I found it to be incredible.

Already told you that.

Geeze!

Prove there's a god.
I aint fraid no ghost

Upper Darby, PA

#524066 Aug 6, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'biblical archeologist' concerned is the late Ron Wyatt who by day was an anaesthetic nurse from Tennessee, he also found:
"-The true site of the crucifixion -The Ark of the Covenant -The true Mount Sinai (with a plaque announcing it as such)-The site of Korah's earthquake -The true site of the Israelites' Red Sea crossing, also with a marker 'built by King Solomon' as a memorial -Chariot wheels from Pharaoh's drowned army -The actual rock Moses struck to release water -Noah's Ark -Noah's grave -Noah's house -Mrs Noah's grave (containing a fortune- her gold and jewelry)-Moses' stone tablets containing the Ten Commandments, held together with golden hinges."
and he found Elijah's cave....on google earth.
Well that'll be me converted then....
If you can stand it, have a look at this comedy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =73fndhf3mPYXX
LOL
Thanks for the laughs.
:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#524069 Aug 6, 2012
Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>Good question- let's see if Riverside can PROVE a tree isn't conscious.
This ought to be good....
More back peddling?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524071 Aug 6, 2012
<quoted text>
So simple.....PROVE to ME right now that you are ALIVE.
You CAN'T.
But you want me to prove that God exists?? Can we say "double standard"?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#524072 Aug 6, 2012
<quoted text>The point of my post was to attempt to put to rest where Riverside was going with his question- that being that he obviously thinks a god gave us consciousness.
.. isn't that his right ??..
<quoted text>What it would appear any god that might exist did NOT give the majority of fundaMENTALists is a BRAIN from which consciousness could stem.
.. humans are spiritual beings. Always have been ..

.. to deny someone an understanding of their mystical nature, you must reject your own ..

.. the trolls on this thread try to impose an unethical, ego-based code of conduct. We do not have to follow suit ..

.. we're better than that ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524074 Aug 6, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, we turn to scripture because it’s the only shit you understand. It certainly seems to be the only shit that gets you all hot and bothered when it contradicts your belief.
Prove it, prove that god has always been. How do you know? Who was there to observe? Was it recorded? You can even use the gospels if you want. No don’t make shit up, tell me where does god come from
I answered the question with factual information and you chose to ignore that answer, typical of fundy ignorance
How do you know a tree isn’t conscious? Did god tell you?
And how do you "know" that the universe is umpteen billion gazzillion years old? You don't. You're only repeating things you've heard or read about.

How do you "know" that evolution is the way it happened? How do you "know" that the big bang thoery is a real-wroking theory that could possibly explain life as we know it.

And that's where you get stuck, "life as we know it". You can't even fathom the possibility that God is real & created everything can you? Why? Because it "doesn't make sense"?

Scientists use their assumptions to dictate their conclusions.(which is ironic because atheist scientists accuse religious people of doing the same thing.)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#524075 Aug 6, 2012
Hypocrite Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Still your issue and still your need.
I also will not attempt to prove that you have a functioning brain. That too, is your requirement.
It's your stage.

I'm in the audience.

Run with it.

Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524077 Aug 6, 2012
Evolution, as you know it, doesn't make sense. We have the slow and methodical development of the human mind getting smarter and smarter over "millions" of years with no real proof of written language. Then all of a sudden people learn to write, and then over a period of a "mere seven thousand years" people begin to build large societies, and work together in agriculture. Then cities are built, large complex buildings, and advancements in knowledge of metals and alloys explode everywhere, weapons get more and more complex, we go from throwing spears to building nuclear warheads.

The exponential growth of the human mind over the last seven thousand years blows the notion of slow multi million year development of human thought out of the water, unless by some unexplainable theory, a tiny piece of their minds suddenly spurted out an extra five inches of nerve endings that magically turned on the lights for everyone, everywhere, and for no reason at all, they were all able to sit down with a chisel and stone and start writing poetry in the form of religious assertions.
I aint fraid no ghost

Upper Darby, PA

#524078 Aug 6, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not argued with anyone over it.
YOU are the only one arguing about it.
i simply stated what the articles i read said.
and here you are trying to make an federal case over it.
you want SO BADLY to find fault in me all the time that is all you care about.
you got serious issues booots.
i can't imagin anyone in your condition even wanting to be on topix to begin with.
Yes you did.

The articles that you've posted were 14 months old. The articles that contested your statemnet were less than 14 days old.

Note that when a lying christian gets caught the individual tries to weasel out of it by putting on an act of innocence.

Is it I, oh master?
LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524080 Aug 6, 2012
Atheism is the religious belief in spontaneous, causeless, sourceless, purposeless, meaningless existance.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524082 Aug 6, 2012
<quoted text>Good question- let's see if Riverside can PROVE a tree isn't conscious.
This ought to be good....
LOL, smart, yet dumb.... Ask a tree how it feels, then let me know how it reacts to you...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524085 Aug 6, 2012
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
I found it to be incredible.
Already told you that.
Geeze!
Prove there's a god.
Posting to you is a waste of time, like watering a tv........

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#524086 Aug 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Micro has not been a problem with most.
Evolution is fact.
Resurrection either happened or it did not.
The same can be said about any of the *life/death/rebirth* deities.
Yeah and human written history drops off at say 6000 years. You have cave paintings which are dated to 30 or so thousand years but there is all kinds of problems with all that.
Name those problems. Just saying, "there is all kinds of problems with all that", means nothing.
What were humans doing for 70 or so thousand years? Assuming they have been around for 100,000 years why did it take then 70,000 years to draw and 94,000 years to write things down?
There are a few thoughts concerning the reasons for that. What do you think?

Now, lemme ask you this. For the moment, lets say your myth represents reality. Why did it take thousands of years for your deity to BEGIN... to communicate its message to mankind?
What's up with that? Thousands of years of human history have passed, your deity is just now reaching some of the remote areas of the earth~/.
Besides no one knows the condition of pre fall Earth.
Theres a good reason for that, "pre fall Earth", has never been proven in the least. The Hindu has the same problem with the "ages" they believe the earth has been through, as do other religions, within their specific mythology.

Its myth. Even religious myth is myth, no matter that you believe it.
Can one go back 50,000 years and assume all conditions were relatively the same? How close was the Moon to the Earth and how did that effect things? A billion years ago? Where was the Moon relative to Earth? It is moving away. Sure they can come up with some sort of explanation but why believe them?
Ahh, I see. You're trying to equate your religious belief in a book written by bronze age nomads, to the accomplishments made in science, based on well known and accepted scientific theory, actual facts, and testable proofs.Religious, faith supported belief in no way equates to physics, biology, medicine, electrical theory, engineering, etc.., otherwise known as Science.

Keep in mind, science is utilized by the entire world. Science doesn't care what deity you worship.
Resurrection is the start point or double edged sword. Paul appealed to resurrection both from Scripture and eyewitnesses. Both Paul and James converted post resurrection. It best explains the facts. Even agnostic historians state Jesus is historical and that He was baptised by John and crucified under Pilate.
Still based upon hearsay. There is no proof. That the Jesus is thought to have likely lived does not mean that any of the supernatural elements are agreed to have ocurred.

It's agreed Alexander the Great existed. No one believes the supernatural claims surrounding Alexander. No one thinks the omens Alexander is credited to have "seen", or that others attribute to Alexander represented reality.
See my sources in my post to Christine. Page 25165. Post 523795. No body produced. No resurrection then Christianity is false. In scripture resurrection had both a backward and forward effect in a limited sense. That sets precident. The fall of Adam the son of God according to Luke may have also had a backward effect. Romans 8 states all of creation is affected. It is enslaved to corruption, subject to futility. Creation groans and suffers. v. 19-22.
All meaningless religious based, faith supported belief. Just ask a Hindu, Jew, Muslim or Jainist what they think of your above comments.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot.

#524088 Aug 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
For?
You must have not understood.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Here's your comment that I requested evidence for.
lightbeamrider wrote:
It is not my field of expertise. But am not going to blindly follow what non-theistic macro evolution anti supernaturalists say. Even if they wear Roman collars. They have fixed assumptions they read into everything and ignore opposing evidence. I have seen it time and again. When it comes to things that really matter they put on blinders.
Supply some evidence for anything you said above.

Or was it just a meaningless word salad?
Based on what? A fixed bias which states these things are not possible anytime anywhere?
It isn't just your religious claims. I don't accept unsupported claims concerning ghosts, vampires, werewolves, alternate dimension co-existing realities, life on Mars, Pluto, Saturn, Venus, our moon etc...

Unless there is unbiased fact, evidence and proofs given concerning those types of claims, it's all just opinion.
Opinion does not define all of reality.
Nor does reality define opinion for those in religion, many times.
Right.
Glad you agree.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot.

#524089 Aug 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Sikhism is a non-violent belief system that believes in justice for all human beings. That's what makes this tragedy difficult to swallow ..
.. although a majority of Americans are Christian, we are a Democratic Republic, not a theocracy. Fundamentalism has betrayed the wisdom of the founding fathers and and hate groups are attacking the very core of our constitution ..
.. the message of Evangelicals is clear: read the Bible, become a born-again Christian and you will be saved. Hence, "Understand our interpretation of the constitution, accept Jesus as your savior and America will be saved." ..
.. if we continue to travel this road, America will have a religious form of communism ..
Theocracies never work because no one can agree about what the gods mean.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#524090 Aug 6, 2012
Hypocrite Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Awh, you are pissed and you are pissed, because you got busted because I figured you out.
It is not my problem if you can't construct a story and formulate it in reason. You simply demostrate three things, you do not have a biblical clue, you do not have a scientific clue, and you generally do not have an earthy clue.
Again, your desire for proof that there is a god, is just as fascinating as your attempts to get us to prove that you have a fuctioning brain. Both are your requirements. Poof, over your small head.
That's all fine and well.

Maybe not.

Those issues are mine.

One of your issues is that you are here, on this thread.

Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#524091 Aug 6, 2012
In order to prove the assertion No God exists experimentally, one would need to comprehensively know all of reality. Comprehensive knowledge of reality is called omniscience. One would need to be omniscient in order to prove there is no God, but if one were omniscient one would, by definition, already be God! So, based on emperical methodology, the only one capable of disproving the existence of God would be God himself!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#524093 Aug 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting to you is a waste of time, like watering a tv........
I wouldn't recommend either for just anyone.

Prove there's a god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Insults Are Easier 56,025
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min ceemee2 2,326
Question for white men? do you just use black w... (Feb '10) 13 min louie 309
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min New Age Spiritual... 650,262
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min Life in Leyland 445,912
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min karl44 106,064
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 1 hr str8npanty 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web