Damn it dude!

Where have you been?

These people have been looking for you!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#522474 Jul 30, 2012
nom de plumme wrote:
<quoted text>TL;DR (Too long didn't read)
Hmm.

Thanks for that one. TL;DR? Very useul.

Double Fine thanks you

#522475 Jul 30, 2012
Kunyuk wrote:
Whilst the woman was talking with Jesus came his disciples, and marvelled that Jesus was speaking so with a woman. Yet no one said to him: "Why speak you thus with a Samaritan woman;?" Whereupon, when the woman was departed, they said: "Master, come and eat." Jesus answered: "I must eat other food."
Then said the disciples one to another: "Perhaps some wayfarer has spoken with Jesus and has gone to find him food." And they questioned him who writes this ;-, saying: "Has there been any one here, O Barnabas, who might have brought food to the master?" Then answered he who writes: "There has not been here any other than the woman whom you saw, who brought this empty vessel to fill it with water." Then the disciples stood amazed, awaiting the issue of the words of Jesus. Whereupon Jesus said: "You know not that the true food is to do the will of God; because it is not bread that sustains man and gives him life, but rather the word of God, by his will. And so for this reason the holy angels eat not, but live nourished only by the will of God. And thus we, Moses and Elijah and yet another, have been forty days and forty nights; without any food."
And lifting up his eyes, Jesus said: "How far off is the harvest;?" The disciples answered: "Three months." Jesus said: "Look now, how the mountain is white with corn; truly I say to you, that today there is a great harvest ;to be reaped." And then he pointed to the multitude who had come to see him. For the woman having entered into the city had moved all the city, saying: "O men, come and see a new prophet sent of God to the House of Israel"; and she recounted to them all that she had heard from Jesus. When they were come thither they besought Jesus to abide with them; and he entered into the city and abode there two days, healing all the sick, and teaching concerning the kingdom of God;.*Then said the citizens to the woman: "We believe more in his words and miracles than we do in what you said; for he is indeed a holy one of God, a prophet sent for the salvation of those that shall believe on him."
After the prayer of midnight; the disciples came near to Jesus, and he said to them: "This night shall be in the time of the Messiah, Messenger of God, the jubilee every year that now comes every hundred years. Therefore I will not that we sleep, but let us make prayer, bowing our head a hundred times, doing reverence to our God, mighty and merciful, who is blessed for evermore, and therefore each time let us say: "I confess you our God alone, that has not had beginning, nor shall ever have end; for by your mercy gave you to all things their beginning, and by your justice you shall give to all an end; that has no likeness among men, because in your infinite goodness you are not subject to motion nor to any accident. Have mercy on us, for you have created us, and we are the works of your hand.""
Wow.

Jesus was right.

This is way too long.

Can you summarise that in a sentence or two, perhaps?

#522476 Jul 30, 2012
Kunyuk wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I change with this one..
After Jesus had departed, the disciples scattered through the different parts of Israel and of the world, and the truth, hated of Satan, was persecuted, as it always is, by falsehood. For certain evil men, pretending to be disciples, preached that Jesus died and rose not again. Others preached that he really died, but rose again. Others preached, and yet preach, that Jesus is the Son of God, among whom is Paul deceived. But we - as much as I have written - we preach to those that fear God, that they may be saved in the last day of God's Judgment. Amen.
hihi..
Interesting mythology.

Want to discuss Greek mythology as well now?
Reality Check

United States

#522477 Jul 30, 2012

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#522478 Jul 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting mythology.
It's certainly more interesting.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#522479 Jul 30, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate your imput, and, no, it does not annoy me. It does however, create a situation of paradox. If god is "outside" the space/time continuum, why and/or how is it that he has interferred in the affairs of such a minute part of an infinite array of universes? And why? Stephen Hawking:
The earth is a medium-sized planet orbiting around an average star in the outer suburbs of an ordinary spiral galaxy, which is itself only one of about a million million galaxies in the observable universe. Yet the strong anthropic principle would claim that this whole vast construction exists simply for our sake. This is very hard to believe.
All in all, our felt sense of cosmic purpose is a brief splash of opportunity on a vastly enlarged canvas. It is our good fortune that the big bang led to an interplay between matter and energy conducive to the inception of biology on the planet earth, after which biology produced human intelligence as an evolutionary product of animal behavior focused on survival.
This argument disproves one claim. It disproves the importance of humans as dictated by the Vatican. It doesn't disprove the idea that a god created the universe.

The main flaw of using this argument is that even if one adamantly wants to believe in chance, one has absolutely no explanation as to why law exists at all. One can adamantly believe that the laws of matter and energy, by some freakish chance, has produced life, but where did the laws of matter and energy come from? Why is there law and order between particles? If there is no god, then there is no reason for there to be any order at all, any law at all.

Considering the complexity of the most simplest forms of life, to believe that chance created everything we know today is not only as shaky as winning the National Lottery (arguably more so), but it also necessitates the belief that the laws of matter and energy simply conveniently exist, and each particle of matter and wave of energy conform out of sheer convenience.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#522480 Jul 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting mythology.
I'm up for that...

Hey, DF.

#522481 Jul 30, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm up for that...
Hey, DF.
Yo mate.

What did you make of the Olympics Ceremony??

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#522482 Jul 30, 2012
daveswall wrote:
<quoted text>
you are asking for a none biblical explanation that god exists. i will give you one weather you take it on board is your choice. take a look at everything living around you, look at how complex one strand of DNA is and every living thing in this world is made up from different codes of DNA which is millions of nucleotides long. for me i don't think that could just happen.
It didn't "just happen", but no creator was required either.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#522483 Jul 30, 2012
EdgarCayce wrote:
To prove God exist, there would be no faith. The best to my ability of faith is using a metaphor take a dog he walks into his master home, hes never been there before, be walked right in and knew it was his home, thats faith for you, knowing where youre going even if you can see it,you feel it. If you were to prove it there would be no need for faith, how silly would that be. Proving it by a set criteria has already been proven, the critical thinking part of finding truth, and what truth is to you, and finding fact, all needs to be followed by a protocol or set cirteria, either by science of philosophy, the fact that theres God has been proven , valid, not sound, thats the fun of life people, all seriousness aside, God is alive and if you believe in Him or not He believes in you.
Just like Santa Claus .... time to grow up Cayce

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#522484 Jul 30, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! With that in mind...WHO created your creator??? What the hell is "heathen hooey"?
When a person asks that question
"who created the Creator" i want to take their face in my hands ever so gently ...look them square in the eye and say to them,
" hello? is anyone in there?"
GOD is 'ETERNAL'.
always been......like space goes on forever.......no end.......
GOD IS ETERNAL.
so there would be no creator of that which has always been.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#522485 Jul 30, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Patricia, you may be playing "follow the leader" or "Simon says", but it appears you are only playing with yourself.
My comment was not meant to be an insult. It was merely a bitter pill of truth which you found not to your liking. I understand. But just like corporal punishment which you claim you relished from your parents, my actions are only meant to help make you a better person.
I don't like to be harsh, but please, Patricia, understand that it is all intended for your own benefit!
Now we'll just keep our little secret between the two of us, OK?
really? tell me what you know about 'TRUTH'
truth can NOT be found in those who reject GOD
reject that which is right and good and moral.

so what DO you know about TRUTH?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#522486 Jul 30, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
really? tell me what you know about 'TRUTH'
truth can NOT be found in those who reject GOD
so what DO you know about TRUTH?
That my dear is faith, not truth.

So to be truthful you should really have said

really? tell me what you know about 'faith'
faith can NOT be found in those who reject GOD

And this is the basic reason why people call you a liar.

Of course you will not accept that, just as the christian faith has stolen and bastardised the word and meaning of ‘morality’ they do the same with the word ‘truth’. But what can we expect from a crustard who does not actually know the difference between faith and truth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#522487 Jul 30, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
...so what DO you know about TRUTH?
...oh the irony.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522488 Jul 30, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person asks that question
"who created the Creator" i want to take their face in my hands ever so gently ...look them square in the eye and say to them,
" hello? is anyone in there?"
GOD is 'ETERNAL'.
always been......like space goes on forever.......no end.......
GOD IS ETERNAL.
so there would be no creator of that which has always been.
Nice try. In order to say that space/time had it's beginning at the time of the big bang, you MUST FIRST know what exited BEFORE the big bang. If you say nothing existed, then you MUST define nothing. No one on the planet knows what existed before the big bang, many theories but nothing positive. You're playing the God of the gaps game. Find something that science doesn't know the answer to and plug into that gap your imaginary friend. Doesn't work that way for intelligent people.

Your contention that God is the cause fails. It fails because of an argument called "special pleading." if everything needs a cause, then that includes your God. Where did your God come from. Who or what created him/she/it? Can't say he always exited because then I can use Stephen Hawking's belief that the universe simply IS.It has no boundaries, no edges, it is infinite and has always existed.

This God of the gaps thing has been around for centuries, I thought you might just be more intelligent than to resort to that worn out argument. Guess I was wrong!!!as stated by blacklagoon

#522489 Jul 30, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...oh the irony.
Yo mate

How faes the Olympics for thee?

... Better than the cricket, I hope?

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#522490 Jul 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo mate
How faes the Olympics for thee?
... Better than the cricket, I hope?
London is nightmarish at the moment! Forget the tube, bus is the only way to go. Too many people.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#522492 Jul 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo mate.
What did you make of the Olympics Ceremony??
Frankly,
I didn't bother...

#522493 Jul 30, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
London is nightmarish at the moment! Forget the tube, bus is the only way to go. Too many people.
I'll believe you about that, mate.

I am not letting you go without discussing the cricket first...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Peter Ross 49,515
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min KellyP in Jersey 2,113
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Pad 647,016
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min JackArmStrong 445,758
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 24 min uncute 5
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... (Sep '15) 34 min James 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 45 min Student 44,725
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min UC Davis Rainbow 105,688
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 13 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web