Prove there's a god.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#519205 Jul 16, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Then your "God" is imperfect - for creating an "abomination".
Your logic is skewed.
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>You have lied and claimed to be educated and Biblically versed, so prove.
I did? Then point out where I lied and your refutation. With you just saying it, isn't going to make it true.
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Please give us chapter and scripture verses, where God created homosexuality.
Did I claim this? No, I didn't.

Please stop putting words into my mouth, or words that you want me to believe.

Also, I don't believe any of what is said about homosexuality - the negative aspects of it - so you are actually barking up the wrong tree.
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>When you finish with that, I would also like to see the chapter and scripture verses, where God created cars and computers.
Off-topic, but you seem to enjoy being in that view.

Your analogy is an indication that you need to justify what men stated in the Bible. Take a hint, it isn't worth your time.
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>The three things currently exist, homosexuality, computer and cars, and by your logic, the existence implies that God created them.
No, wrong again. There was no implication to this what-so-ever. You are the one reading way to much into a simple factual statement I made. Why?
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Now run along, or run from the question, but in any case it is you with skewed undeveloped logic.
Try again IL.

I've given plenty of support for my position, yet you have not or have none.

Why don't you try researching that which you speak about, before inconclusively thinking it is incorrect.

Albuquerque, NM

#519207 Jul 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Homosexuality IS a mental illness.

New Age wrote:

Your logic is skewed.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao. You think God created gays?!? Humans created the problem caused by Satans influence on the weak mided.
According to what you stated, "He" must've, because a mental illness is usually genetic, and not acquired through normal life activities. In other words, the person would have either been born with this mental illness, indicating that your religion's "God" had "created" this person, or it was part of "God's plan of everything" to ensure this person had a mental illness.

Wait a minute.....you aren't claiming that "God" had nothing to do with this, are you? If so, then you also must acknowledge that "God" didn't create everything, right?

Which is it?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519208 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, you were to lazy to read the actual verses and context.
Will you accept his as true?: Obama and the gays made it legal for gays in the military to have sex with dogs, when they repealed USC925.Art.125.
First of all I was not aware that Obama and the gays made it legal for gays to have sex or not have sex. I don't follow the laws pertaining to the USA and its army. Nor have I heard about any laws in the USA relating to the army; at least not in the recent past.

I would think that gays having sex should not be any of Obama's business whether they do it in the army or elsewhere, except if they are haing sex when they are suppose to be guarding a position which could endanger the lives of their other men, which would also apply to the heterosexual people in the army. None of them should be having sex when they are under heavy fire, or have just been ambushed, etc.

However, to try to pretend that I know what that law is that you say was repealed, which I don't, I know that neither Obama, nor anyone else made a law giving gays the right to have sex with dogs.

But if you say that Obama made a law giving gays the right to have sex with dogs, then please paste a reference as I am not about to look up some law by the number you quoted. I wouldn't know where to find it anyway.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#519209 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
any meanie mind me, hey Mo
LULZ....

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#519211 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>And ignorant fools like you have nothing to discuss.
Please continue to "white sheet" this thread, it is so much cleaner without your nastiness.
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>And ignorant fools like you have nothing to discuss.
Please continue to "white sheet" this thread, it is so much cleaner without your nastiness.
.. do you wear rose colored spectacles ??..

.. the intelligent people on this thread know you and your many socks seek arguments and hostility to confirm your negative view of the world. You bottom feed off others' emotional responses ..

.. if you want me to engage you, give me a reason. I respond to ideas that challenge, not ugliness. All the judgeits you give yourself and others via your many socks do not impress anyone. You're just wasting your time ..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#519212 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>NO, he meant that life in LA was expensive.
But, you are right. I had seen this man for over a year and my wife would ask me why I would ignore him and not give him anything. I told her that he was on drugs, and that he could go the shelter and he likely received government benefits.
The part I left out was this, I did two things I met him as a person and I was willing to give him $5 for the experiment. It was a life lesson for my wife. I later explained to my wife that the $5 dollars was out of respect for his time and dignity towards him as a human.
Gosh, my brother gave a $100 to a man in a $40,000 truck, who helped us change a tire that had blown out. The man had run out of gas, at a gas station. We discovered that he had just lost his job, was in foreclosure, would not go to church and was close to losing his wife. He actually had offered to change the tire for free and said that he would not ask us for money, because he assumed that we were in a pickle.
Well, God led us right to this man, who had been stranded for over an hour. The other part of the story is that my brother had given him a $50, then asked him some more questions and then told him to give the $50 back. The man did it without question, and in return he got a $100. Mind you, this man was about 6 ft. 2 and 240, so his obedience was to God.
Well I'm 6'3" and 210, so I know about being closer to God lol.
When I was a teenager, I worked at a restaurant. There was a bum outside the door trying to get money from our guests as they walked in. One of them complained. My boss & I went out to him, asked what was going on. He said he was just hungry & apologized for being there. My boss offered him a $10 burger, fries, bread & Coke meal if he would simply clean the sidewalk out back (a 10 minute job I did everyday for $4/hr - it was a while ago) The man refused, and just walked off.
From then on, I haven't given any bum the time of day, I always assume that they're homeless by choice.

Location hidden

#519213 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yet and still, you are another one who does not get that when a person asks a question, prove there's a god, it is their problem, their lack and their need. Since, I know the answer to 25 x 25, I have no need to ask you and I could care less what answer you have learned.
The simple answer to prove there's a god is, "it is not my need to prove, it is your desire for proof, therefore your problem."
1.The answer to 25 x 25 is 625. Do you need to know how I arrived at the answer? Why?
2.Okay, the answer to prove there's a god is that God exists. Do you need to know how I arrived at the answer? Why?
Unless, your answers to 1 and 2 are the same, only your desire to be a student is of importance. Without that desire, then go back the previous answer "it is not my need to prove, it is your desire for proof, therefore your problem."
Let's try this again: Have you ever asked your mom for proof that she is your biological mom? Why not?
If you want to be taken seriously as a person of intelligence and you claim or believe there is a god, and you expect that others should do that also, then you do have to provide proof, because there is no proof that man yet knows about.
We hear all the claims of there being a God but no one gives any proofs. So if you can't back it up with anything other than you know, and that is all that matters, then keep your belief to yourself and do not shove it in the face of those who don't have that belief.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519214 Jul 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Homosexuality IS a mental illness.
New Age wrote:
Your logic is skewed.
<quoted text>
According to what you stated, "He" must've, because a mental illness is usually genetic, and not acquired through normal life activities. In other words, the person would have either been born with this mental illness, indicating that your religion's "God" had "created" this person, or it was part of "God's plan of everything" to ensure this person had a mental illness.
Wait a minute.....you aren't claiming that "God" had nothing to do with this, are you? If so, then you also must acknowledge that "God" didn't create everything, right?
Which is it?
Nice try. Really.

Ever since Eve bit that apple, humans have degraded down to what we are now. Everything from the common cold to mental illness is created by man, not God. God gives us (and has always given us) the right to choose & most humans choose to destroy themselves in one way or another. I smoke & drink & eat McDonald's. I'm destroying myself. I'm not perfect, either. What do you do?

“I am who I am”

Since: Jun 11

Upstate NY

#519215 Jul 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.
Turnabout is fair play, isn't it?
You are welcome to use the Catcher white sheet on me.
I'm not white-sheeting you though.
You need to be constantly reminded that religious belief does not, as you suggest, reflect more "depth" of thinking than nonbelief.
Either you're not understanding me, or you're misrepresenting what I'm saying. I'll be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll drop this subject with you. If anyone else wishes to discuss it with me, I'm open to dialogue.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519216 Jul 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I was not aware that Obama and the gays made it legal for gays to have sex or not have sex. I don't follow the laws pertaining to the USA and its army. Nor have I heard about any laws in the USA relating to the army; at least not in the recent past.
I would think that gays having sex should not be any of Obama's business whether they do it in the army or elsewhere, except if they are haing sex when they are suppose to be guarding a position which could endanger the lives of their other men, which would also apply to the heterosexual people in the army. None of them should be having sex when they are under heavy fire, or have just been ambushed, etc.
However, to try to pretend that I know what that law is that you say was repealed, which I don't, I know that neither Obama, nor anyone else made a law giving gays the right to have sex with dogs.
But if you say that Obama made a law giving gays the right to have sex with dogs, then please paste a reference as I am not about to look up some law by the number you quoted. I wouldn't know where to find it anyway.
10 USC § 925 - Art. 125. Sodomy
(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.
(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Anal sex ins't legal at all.....

Location hidden

#519218 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>No, all you know is your own confusion. All you have is your confused state of mind. You cite your confusion and see it not. All your years in the church, to no avail, is due to your state of confusion. All of your years of denying God is still your state of confusion.
Doctors state, absent of God intervention, addicts simply change one drug for another. A marijuana smoker often simply changes to nicotine or alcohol and continues in confusion. That is you.
You only know what confuses You and what you don't know.
I find it strange, because scientists continue to fool you over and over, each time fooling you into accept a fact, only to say oops.
Science says this one thing, a scientific theory can never be proven, it can only be proven wrong.
Well, when it comes to God, God can never be proven to not exist, He can only be proven to exist.
The fact is, some of us simply believe, while God has proven Himself and revealed Himself to many. To call us liars or deceived, is to reveal yourself a liar and as deceived. For me, it came at age 23, after being a religious Christian since age 9 and having gone to church since a baby.
I am pleased for you. If that brings you some sort of joy and comfort in your life, then all the more power to you. If on the other hand you discriminate against people who do not believe what you do, or who are somewhat different than you, for no other reason than they are different, then I don't think you are getting a positive benefit from your belief, and you are fooling yourself.

My mother completely believes in God and the afterlife. I don't intend nor have any desire to try to explain to her at her age, 88, that I don't believe there is a God, and here are some of the reasons. My mother has spent her whole life believing in God, and doing a lot of work for her church and her community, and is highly respected by everyone who knows her because of that.

But I think she believes in something that doesn't exist. Having that belief, when she might die today, or some other time this year, or maybe not for 10 more years, is doing her no harm. My mother does not discriminate against people who don't follow all of the things she believes. So it is okay with me.

I have no need to change your mind about your beliefs either, but if and when you tell me things which aren't true, are generally known to be not true, and especially if they place in harm's way a certain minority of people, such as gays, only because they have a different sexual orientation than you do, then you have stepped over the line.

Besides the topic of this discussion thread is prove there's a god, so in the spirit of participating in that discussion, I will contribute, or not, whatever I feel is applicable.

I can't and won't prove there's no gods, because that is impossible.
The Mayor

Purmela, TX

#519220 Jul 16, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
God id great.

Albuquerque, NM

#519221 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, you just repeated it, you said that God is imperfect for creating an abomination which was in regards to the statement about homosexuality.
I ask you again, in what verse or chapter does it say that God created homosexuals or any abomination?
You prove yourself to be poorly educated. Please explain how anything about homosexuality can be negative or positive, it your assignment of facts as being negative or positive that makes it an issue.
I can see you are having trouble understanding the posts.

Many fundamentalists do, so don't feel out of place.

Why don't you go back to the original statement made by "RR":

"Homosexuality is a mental illness".

"Studies have indicated that variation in genes can play an important role in the development of mental disorders, although the reliable identification of connections between specific genes and specific categories of disorder has proven more difficult."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

Please stop redirecting your posts, as this forum isn't about me.

If you refute a post a make, do it with some intelligence of the subject. So far, the only thing that keep scoming across the wire is your frustration and anger.

Adding emotions to a debate will cause that to happen.

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#519222 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>POST 519178.
Sorry, I had explained that:
Written By Comrades in Satanic Reds
1. Satan is the "dark force" that permeates all of nature and motivates all things to act according to their inner nature. The Boundless Darkness Itself is SAT. The ACTION of emanating out of, unfolding out of, springing forth, is TAN. The motivator and the act of motivating all things are together: Satan. Satan is that which is the origin of all and the unmoved mover, and it is described by both the unfolding and the thing unfolded: Satan
thank you!

With Established Harem

#519223 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
More attacks against the poster, huh?
Do you find comfort in insulting and belittling others?
Why?
Did you find that emulating Jesus in this fashion has brought you closer to your goal to MAKE other's believe in "God"?
Examine yourself - you'll be a better person for it.
.. often when we attack, we're scared ..

.. we develop unique defenses to protect self. What our troll doesn't understand is his attacks have become habitual, moved him farther and farther way from his spiritual center, from the person he could be ..

.. exposing who we really are invites judgment, sometimes rejection, oftentimes discounting. It's a terribly difficult risk to take, and the rewards are seldom immediate. But, in due time, we are served well ..

.. our genius is the talent for seeing things straight, a line without any bend or break or aberration of sight, no warping of vision ..

.. I really don't care if someone is an atheist or a believer because I believe we are all spiritual entities. When someone attacks, I understand it is some smallness in them, an unfilled space, and has nothing to do with me ..

.. if that makes me mentally ill, immoral or ugly, I embrace and accept the honor ..

Albuquerque, NM

#519225 Jul 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. Really.
Ever since Eve bit that apple, humans have degraded down to what we are now. Everything from the common cold to mental illness is created by man, not God. God gives us (and has always given us) the right to choose & most humans choose to destroy themselves in one way or another. I smoke & drink & eat McDonald's. I'm destroying myself. I'm not perfect, either. What do you do?
You are backpeddling.

Always one to blame it on "Eve".

One paradox relating to this, could be that since "Adam and Eve" was unaware of "good and evil", her "fall" was really at the expense of "God" not giving them the ability to discern the two differences.

Why didn't "God" give Adam and Eve the power to know "good and evil" PRIOR to her eating of the sacred tree?

You sure place alot of leverage on man's writings, for a culture that is not even your own.

What support do you have to even support "free will"?
Sliky

Helsinki, Finland

#519227 Jul 16, 2012
lncest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well, really, we probably understand your perspective better than you. You say that the concept of God sounds absurd to you, so I ask when and how did the concept become absurd?-SNIP-
Well I was Evangelical Lutheran when I was a kid. Not by choice though. I didn't figure out by myself that there is god. It was the kindergarten which told me so (it was held by church). Besides I did believe in god and Evolution theory ect. I didn't see why it would contradict with my religion. Even still I don't see why it would. I just grew out of religious thinking Id say.

Check wikipedia if you don't know about Evangelical Lutherans. They teach that bible is written by human beings and so there is errors and contradictions. More importantly they say that it shouldn't be taken literally.

With Established Harem

#519229 Jul 16, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>From then on, I haven't given any bum the time of day, I always assume that they're homeless by choice.
.. as a volunteer at a woman's homeless shelter, I can tell you this is not true. Do I dare mention the children ??..

Albuquerque, NM

#519230 Jul 16, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. often when we attack, we're scared ..
.. we develop unique defenses to protect self. What our troll doesn't understand is his attacks have become habitual, moved him farther and farther way from his spiritual center, from the person he could be ..
.. exposing who we really are invites judgment, sometimes rejection, oftentimes discounting. It's a terribly difficult risk to take, and the rewards are seldom immediate. But, in due time, we are served well ..
.. our genius is the talent for seeing things straight, a line without any bend or break or aberration of sight, no warping of vision ..
.. I really don't care if someone is an atheist or a believer because I believe we are all spiritual entities. When someone attacks, I understand it is some smallness in them, an unfilled space, and has nothing to do with me ..
.. if that makes me mentally ill, immoral or ugly, I embrace and accept the honor ..
Here-here HappyL....I got your back!

One does not need anything of men to be Spirit.

You've exressed how we in the real world live.

Thanks!

:o)

Peace and light to you and yours.
Walter_Park_KY

Corbin, KY

#519231 Jul 16, 2012
Regardless whether one believes in God or not (and I do) what is wrong with the concept? It's obviously factual that as a functioning society we definitely benefit from what the belief in God produces. Can one reasonably adopt a belief that's contrary to the teachings of God/Jesus were evil is rampant, killing is right, kindness and healing is wrong etc.?
God IS love. How can anyone form any reasonable opinion that opposes that of love and favors that of evil and hatred?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min crucifiedguy 281,839
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min lil whispers 618,749
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Yeshua WasIS God-... 653,674
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min here 63,355
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 40 min ChristineM 445,964
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,565
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 1 hr Katie_Anderson14 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 106,474
More from around the web