Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#517683 Jul 9, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
what a liar you are.
you were verbally abusing the first time you posted me. before i ASK you if you had been abused .........
and the fact remains kids that grow up in homes where the parents argue, fuss and cuss and use bad language all the time, more often than not the kids grow up thinking that is normal and ok ... so they do it to others.
Patty, you have confessed to us that you were married but only a short time and had no children. Therefore it would appear that the only experience you have of children growing up in a home would be in your own childhood home, when you grew up.

So from that can we assume that what you are saying is that you grew up in an abusive foul talking home, and learned those things from your parent(s)? Otherwise, on what basis do you make comments about what children learn in their homes?

Based on the way you conduct yourself on this thread, and the other one regarding gay marriages, it seems quite plausible that you did grow up in a very dysfunctional and abusive home.

Somewhere along the line, anyway, you adopted the idea that the way you react to people who disagree with your opinions is to attack them mercilessly daily for over 3 1/2 years.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517684 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I think you know what I'm saying. I don't think religion should be pushed on them. They should be able to find their beliefs for themselves.
And what if all children from the dawn of man had been told not to ever believe anything exists but what can be seen with the naked eye? It's not likely we would have much in the way of medicine right now if they had. Believing in the possibility of a reality that exists in a realm unseen is what has kept humans looking for that very phenomenom, the uncanny existence of what seems at first glance...impossible.

Location hidden

#517685 Jul 9, 2012
Ah [email protected], my headache medicine kicked in...

aack!...I may not be making much sense....

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#517686 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a pity that they take so much time out to read what they dont believe and not be able to comprehend the text in the way its given.
You couldn't have said it better. Just reading about end time prophecy, and seeing how much of it , and how quickly it is being fulfilled in today's world, is enough to make you believe.

The enormous amount of global turmoil, the apostasy, the longing for a world leader , etc, etc. is showing us that we seem to be on borrowed time as it is.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#517687 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
I'll be right over.

And I'm bringing along HL.

Location hidden

#517688 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I dont know about that ,I wasnt there lol but these articles mean honestly nothing to me,you can look over the net and the more Atheism grows the more articles appear..these articles twist things and draw out things to confuse the human mind and discredit the Bible teachings ,have you ever wondered why its so easy to love whats bad and hate what is good,have you also considered how easy the human mind is to be mislead by man and mankind...the Bible was wrote thousands upon thousands of years ago,so who am I to start believing in an article that despite what it reveals,is of no competition..the minute I give these articles any thought I'm allowing my mind to be influenced, that is why the Bible says to stay away from whatever is bad,keep yout heart and minds clean and break everything linked to it.
I've asked that question before; "Why is it so important for some people to be bad?". Why do they love being evil so much? I don't think we'll ever know the "why" part, or even "how".
Sadly, we must be diligent in helping our children to avoid being hurt by evil or lured by it into living a self-destructive lifestyle. Evil can have a very seductive side to it. Anyone can be susceptible to it, but the young don't always see it coming until it's too late. It's a sucky world when parents have to feel like they need to teach their kids to wary/suspicious of everyone around them. Now, it's no longer just "Stranger Danger" we have to warn them about, but "Everybody Danger". "Natural affection" is slipping away from us, as a species, ever so slowly.....yet steadily.

Location hidden

#517689 Jul 9, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a liar.
You and booots are THE ONLY 2 people on that thread who said anything about Social services.
YOU and booots both PETITIONED it.
YOU started it.
and YOU caused it.
so don't think you can back peddle your way out of it.
if you are to dishonest to own your own words then you are worse off than even i thought you were.
the fibber is you.
and everyone knows it.
many condone your iniquity because they to are workers of evil intent, but everyone KNOWS you and booots started it.
so you might as stop trying to defend yourself with me.....
your words are out there for anyone to read.
i guess booots must of decided all this was 'to much' for him.
Patty, HL stated in the post, you are responding to, that she suggested that someone in RS should contact social services if they know that there is some possibility of your mother being in some sort of danger (my words not hers, because I don't have the post you replied to right in front of me at this moment).

You then go on to say that I also petitioned it. So what are you accusing us of, Patty? Making a suggestion that someone in RS who knows your situation should contact socials services, or are you saying that someone did contact Social Services? I don't understand from your post what is upsetting you about such a suggestion, except if there is actually a reason you know of that if someone contacted Social Services it could cause problems for you and/or your mother.

Someone on this site, who you claimed to know and called them by a name that is actually registered here on Topix, did make a post, or two, claiming that you are mistreating your mother.

Assuming, since you are nearly 58, and you state that your mother is not in perfect health, a claim by a RS resident that your mother could be in some sort of danger, should be taken by a RS resident as a reason that the situation should be looked into, shouldn't it?

If someone who knew HL, or Kaitlin, or myself, or BM, stated on here that they know us too, and that we were abusing our parent, do you think something like that should be entirely ignored? What if the claim were 100% true, and everyone who knew about it, knew it was true and did nothing, and something really terrible did happen?

Personally, I think that HL's suggestion, if someone in RS knows there is a problem, was a good and responsible suggestion. In the case of the safety of an elderly woman, I would think it is better to err on the side of caution rather than to ignore it entirely and to find out later one might have prevented a tragedy.

If someone in RS is spreading false rumors about you, then they should be ashamed of themselves, but still on the outside chance it is the truth and not a rumor, if I lived there, I certainly wouldn't want it on my conscience that I knew and did nothing, when something pretty awful could have been prevented.

Location hidden

#517690 Jul 9, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be right over.
And I'm bringing along HL.

Location hidden

#517691 Jul 9, 2012
argh...

...maybe I should go to sleep.:-(

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#517692 Jul 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>N
No, Patty, you specifically stated that NASA has discontinued all its programs, which is not the case, nor was it ever stated by NASA that it was the case. They just moth-balled their recent program of sending up those certain group of space vehicles two of which they lost in tragic accidents, killing about 14 human beings.
That particular program has come to an end, but NASA is alive and well, and continues with their space exploration programs with no intention in sight of disbanding.
Yup.

http://www.satnews.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#517693 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
I usually say, "Woohoo! My headache medicine is kicking in!"

Are you a masochist?

There's nothing wrong with that if you are.

Location hidden

#517694 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you all stop blaming God for mans actions..Blame....Blame and more Blame ..all the projection seems to come from Atheists and others,when you fail to look at you're own wrong doing but have the gall and Audacity to Judge GOD...that is what is the matter with the world..you and people with your mindset.
What though does the behavior of those on this site, have to do with proof or lack of proof of the existence of a god, which was actually the stated purpose of this thread? No one should have come here with the intention of being preached to or being told how evil they are.

If one, like yourself, wants to tell us how we are not being good godly people, then prove to us there is a god, and after that we will give you full permission to lecture us on our sins.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#517695 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
argh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YoPVC4YxDlIXX
No, wait.

Don't do this.

We're almost there.

Location hidden

#517696 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Well love is unique to the animal world.
If I was to guess I would say at least the building blocks of the chemicals involved may have come first.
Pure speculation.
Meh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphenomenalism

...yer clueless, as usual.

XD

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#517697 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
argh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YoPVC4YxDlIXX
lol

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#517698 Jul 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't have said it better. Just reading about end time prophecy, and seeing how much of it , and how quickly it is being fulfilled in today's world, is enough to make you believe.
The enormous amount of global turmoil, the apostasy, the longing for a world leader , etc, etc. is showing us that we seem to be on borrowed time as it is.
I've not seen one...single...."end-time prophecy" that is not so absolutely vague as to apply to any period in world history. As maddeningly obtuse as Nostradamus was, his quatrains were far more specific than so-called Biblical "prophecy".

Christian apocalyptics are invested in convincing themselves the world is near the end. They must, because it's vital that something validate their Bible. In point of fact, the world has never been more peaceful, taken as a whole. Now, obviously this is a relative term, because there's still a lot of strife out there. The 24-hr news cycle brings a riot halfway around the world right into our living rooms with incessant stridency (in between the insurance commercials) but the point remains - by any measure, the world as a whole is less violent, more stable, and more peaceful than at anytime before.

Of course I've met a few like you, and I know this "corrupt world" theme is near and dear to you, so I don't expect you to respond to facts, but just in case, here's an article from the Wall Street Journal on the subject:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405311...

This doesn't mean that we've hit some kind of Utopia. Not even close - it could all come toppling down with the smallest nudge - a climate shift, for instance, disrupting the global water or food supply. Peace ain't easy. But it sure doesn't help to have a bunch of benighted Chicken Littles running around crying, "The End Is Near, but it's ok because that's the way Jesus wants it!" Much worse than those however are the religious demagogues like Hagee and many others preaching from golden pulpits that "Jesus' comin' soon, but we need to help things along a bit."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517699 Jul 9, 2012
Stosch Stanislaczieczeski wrote:
<quoted text>
But...But...But...Genesis means 'Trinity' when it says 'us'...lol
Christians are polytheistic whether they want to admit it or not.
What a rude awakening...lol
Good ole' Constantine! ;)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#517700 Jul 9, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
gee lets calculate this out shall we
we have light and darkness
right and wrong
good and evil
day and night
God and satan
heaven and hell
truth and lie.
so if you are not getting your instruction from GOD who is the author of morality, truth and love and light and hope
then where does that leave you?
you have to be getting your direction from the opposite.
hummmmmmmm
a cult is hidden
GOD is OPEN,
a cult is darkness
GOD is light,
a cult is worldly,
GOD is spiritual.
ask yourself this......... where does what you believe come from?
if the answer is yourself, you are in alot of trouble.
cause you can't be trusted.
but GOD CAN BE!
I do not trust you.
you can't read
and
you do not understand that which you attempt to read

Location hidden

#517701 Jul 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you mean world wide flood?
Yes, I mean the worldwide flood, which in the story of Noah, claims that a flood covered the whole earth to the top of the highest peak such that every living creature not taken on board the Ark died.

That has in many different ways been proved to be absolutely false. That small local floods did occur and some of them may have occurred in the small corner of the world, of the writers of those stories, is quite possible. Heck we had some serious flooding in Canada just a week or so ago.

Never in the history of living things on this earth, did all of the earth get covered by water, and that has been proved.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#517702 Jul 9, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
1. then you have never read the bible. It is not just stories.
not by a long shot. every book of the bible is AUTHORED by
A person of God's choosing....A person who interacts with many
others in that time frame of history.
so you are calling ALOT of people liars.
such as Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, Ezekiel, Daniel, Job, and
MANY MANY others. There information has been supported by
historians and archaeology discoveries over the years.
2. The Holy bible is COMPLETE in the fact it covers the begining
of creation all the way thru to the last day of this earth.
it has been PROVEN to be prophetically accurate. No one has
found fault or disproved the scriptures.
EVER. had they of, it wouldn't be where and as it is today.
you are hunting excuses.
are you so damaged that you think this statement accurate?
or
are you so stupid that you expect others to believe these childish lies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Maxxx_Payne 18,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min George Justapose 684,028
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 21 min Doctor REALITY 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min lil whispers 619,715
We Real Americans Love President Trump!! 2 hr Gismys 1
harthside COOKIES 4 hr C eh N eh D eh 2
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 8 hr Mikeylikesit 29
More from around the web