Prove there's a god.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#517655 Jul 9, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on.
Yes, you do it.
But these threads are overflowing with posters who make no attempt whatsoever to use their thinking powers, and instead repeatedly spit out dogma they have been fed.
Try this post for instance:
"There is zero evidence to support a fact that God does not exist and all intelligent people accept this, even those who hold onto a belief that god does not exist. You have proven factualy that you are an idiot. However, we will accept your thesis on why you are not an idiot and why you thinkyou have facts to support god not existing. Please be aware, your two thesis papers will contradict and invalidate one another."
Yeah and all intelligent people believe their rights come from men with no souls and not God since God does not exist. Throw out the Declaration of Independence. It was a propaganda piece.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#517656 Jul 9, 2012
trade secrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Archaeological finds do NOT prove your evolution. It only shows what God created hundreds and hundreds of years ago, you hateful idiot.
I see now; you're a hateful fundie who lashes out when someone opposes your feeble thinking.

How pathetic.

“Lovin it!”

Since: Jul 12

London

#517657 Jul 9, 2012
Anyone can prove to themselves there is a God.

1 admit you are powerless over other people, places and things
2 come to believe that God can restore you to sanity ( plenty of insane people on this thread)
3 turn your will and life over to the care of God
4 take a complete moral inventory of your life
5 admit your wrongs to God , another human being and yourself.
6 become entirely ready to have all your shortcomings removed
7 humbly ask God to remove these defects of character
8 become willing to make amends for your wrongs
9 make direct amends except when to do so would cause harm
10 continue to take personal inventory and when you are wrong promptly admit it
11 seek through prayer and meditation to improve your conscious contact with God
12 Carry this message to others and carry out these principles in all your affairs and you are guaranteed to find God.

Yes that is a cast iron 100% guarantee

It's worked for millions so far, so don't post me back saying this will never work or get all clever or nitpicky pulling it apart. Just try doing it and find out for yourself.

If anyone is really serious about finding out if there is a God or not then try this program, abstain from alcohol and drugs, deviant sexual behaviour, over eating or starving yourself, go easy on sugar , caffeine, nicotine and the like. Not too much red meat either, that can block you. Be nice to your fellow humans. Seek to understand instead of seeking to be understood, I.e. don't self seek. Practice honesty, opendmindedness and willingness. Be loving, patient, kind and tolerant. Find God and be amazed that you thought you knew everything and in fact you realize you actually know diddly squat.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#517658 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nazi symbolism in no way resembled that of Christianity's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_insignia_o...
Try again.
"That of Christianity's" what?
Taina

Birmingham, UK

#517659 Jul 9, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Taina wrote:
I find Atheists weird if what you say is true,why invest your time,energy and oxygen in reading a book that you dont believe in or agree in.
<quoted text>
Hey Tiana and Sockstar.
Just perusing the posts, and this one caught my eye.
I too am like you Sockstar. I'm not a Christian, but on a very similar path as you have stated - why do people believe the way the do, how come, what are the acatalysts, and where did they achieve this belief from.
Based upon everything I've seen and read, ya know it does have answers.
a. indoctrination by parents
- child is led into a belief, and while the parents are probably beleivers themselves, it is hard for them to say to their child, believe anyway you choose. Unfortunately, many "believers" fail to step outside the box, therefore continuing a life of "belief" thatt ehy never researched.
b. personal action by an individual
- one may not believe in anything, then start researching a belief or even speaking to another friend whom is a believer, thus embarking on a religious life because of another's comments or views. This is also achieved by - not researching the belief first or they have researched it (from only one direction) and chose to believe.
People will do the research on the children's school's and where tehy want to send them, they will do the research on a home to buy, insurance to buy, food to buy, and pretty much every other aspect of their life, but when it comes to religion, they choose not to do this similar research.
Blind faith is what you should truly question.
Welcome
I actually grew up in church from a child so yes I had no choice and it was brought upon me but I say that positively because I feel its bettered me as a person.
As an individual grows up,you tend to loose sight along the way and so it becomes your choice to strengthen your resolve or depart from it,
I lost my way but my faith never,ever left me,sure I felt abandoned that my prayers were not always answered at the God given time but I never questioned his existance..and then through study I learned that not only do your prayers not always get answered at that requested time but that not all your prayers will be answered,in the days of the prohet Isaiah God Jehovah told the rebellious israelities that 'even though they make many prayers,he is not listening,with bloodshed their hands have become filled'..
The thing that stood out for me more then anything was that it stated that for you to be requesting something in prayer and awaiting your desired answer-you HAVE to be in harmony with your prayers..

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#517660 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.
I think he used christianity as a tool.
It really doesn't matter if Hitler was a Christian. Hitler was a theist. Hitler was a politician. Politicians say many things that are purely for show and power. I'm sure Hitler was insane for that matter.

But, the fact remains.

A country comprised of approximately 94% Christians and a predominantly Christian Army followed him, supported his war machine, and fell into these categories:

1. Aware of what Hitler was doing, and supported essentially all actions.

2. Ignored the reality of what Hitler was doing. Maybe feeling fearfully powerless to stop it. In effect, still supporting it(that freewill thing).

3. Were completely unaware of what Hitler was doing, in any way, and knew nothing of the atrocities Hitler was committing in Germany and in the world..

There may be combinations of the above, and maybe more options, probably not many.

However, I find it hard to think it was soley the 3rd option.

Hitler could have been a Polynesian Sun Worshiper, or paid homage to whales as gods.

It still happened in a overwhelmingly Christian country.

That doesn't mean all Christians are bad at all.
Taina

Birmingham, UK

#517661 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what flat earthers said for years.
LOL

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#517662 Jul 9, 2012
Judge Moniters wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always lie, or do you simply need a good reason? The fact that you are not interested in reading information that is only 10 pages long, because you consider it bias, proves that all you have his opinion. A true seeker or a fact based poster reads all sources and does not simply for information to validate his opinion.
Yes, and according to you, the Jews manufactured the Holocaust and the smart people fell for it and the Black Africans manufactured the slave trade and the Diaspora and Black Holocaust that resulted. Gosh, nobody can fool you.
That is rather a silly comparison, and hardly worthy of someone who considers themselves intelligent. We have people still alive today who experienced the Holocaust, who were in those camps where others were exterminated, and we have photographs taken by people on the side of the Germans showing some of the atrocities against the Jews and others. That does not prove that every single story that has ever come out about the Holocaust was absolutely true, because there have been uncovered hoaxes surrounding those events too.

In general though we do know that the atrocities happened. Granted many other countries both before and after have murdered populations of people, in much the same manner, but the Holocaust gets a particular amount of attention, because it exposed the evils related to one of the biggest worldwide wars ever, and also it shows how people who are in prisons, with no chance of defending themselves can be taken by other human beings and simply butchered for no reason other than to get rid of them.

There is nothing to prove any story in the Bible. All of the writings of recent years are just more and more believers putting into their own words why they believe things that cannot be proved to be true.

When one recognizes that a link that someone gives here, as proof of a god, or of the Bible, is actually just another one of many of the writings where people say things that have been proved false already, why is in necessary to read the whole thing to the end?

Even for a person who reads every waking moment of their life, there is a limit to how many words you can read in a lifetime. So when you realize early in an article that it is going nowhere, why waste more time, in finishing it.

Usually when I click on a link that a fundamentalist refers us to on this site, I see something in the early part of it, which is already known beyond doubt to be false, and the writer is denying that it is false, so I have already established that the writer is not knowledgeable about actual factual information. Since the writer has already proved his lack of credibility, I don't want to read more of the incredible things he is likely going to say.

On the other hand, when someone comes up with an article or a story supporting the existence of a god, but it is something knew that I had not heard of before, I am quite likely going to read it to the end, to see if I can see what the author found to be truthful.

So far when I have done that, I have been disappointed, as the claims made in the article are not supported by solid proofs, but at least in those cases, I do give the author the benefit of the doubt and read the article.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517663 Jul 9, 2012
CheekyCockney wrote:
Anyone can prove to themselves there is a God.
2 come to believe that God can restore you to sanity ( plenty of insane people on this thread)
11 seek through prayer and meditation to improve your conscious contact with God
12 Carry this message to others and carry out these principles in all your affairs and you are guaranteed to find God.
Yes that is a cast iron 100% guarantee
It's worked for millions so far, so don't post me back saying this will never work or get all clever or nitpicky pulling it apart. Just try doing it and find out for yourself.
If anyone is really serious about finding out if there is a God or not then try this program, abstain from alcohol and drugs, deviant sexual behaviour, over eating or starving yourself, go easy on sugar , caffeine, nicotine and the like. Not too much red meat either, that can block you. Be nice to your fellow humans. Seek to understand instead of seeking to be understood, I.e. don't self seek. Practice honesty, opendmindedness and willingness. Be loving, patient, kind and tolerant. Find God and be amazed that you thought you knew everything and in fact you realize you actually know diddly squat.
Soooo...."Self" is "God"?

That is basically what you are saying above, because all twelve points you made all have to do with an action that "you" take.

I don't think you quite understand, completely, what you have posted.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#517664 Jul 9, 2012
God, the giant monolith computer, has three personalities to puppet control over the entire human race. The Father identity is the me. Then there are the other personalities to puppet control other humans. The Trinity is just one person with three identities or personalities in the mind. There's a line: "there's only one God."

Location hidden

#517666 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed but at the same time God always does for the good,as said the ill intentions of a person who does bad of his own accord is different from someone who has been instructed to do something that will in effect wipe out evil and which is in the best interest of others,ie. noahs ark story was an example of God wiping away evil from earth with the best intention...A world can not exist of good and evil-the Bible states Matthew 6:24 no one can slave for two masters as he will hate one and love the other or he will stick to the one and despise the other...
A lot of people think that when a person does bad,that God must have played a part but he doesnt..he just gives you the choice but the decision is always yours..there is a big difference between allowing something to happen for the benfit of good AND CAUSING IT..and thats where many,many people have gone wrong in they're estimation of God.
The world, as far back as we have records, have had people doing good and bad things, and it still exists, so the world can and does exist with both good and evil. We civilized people make rules and laws, to try to minimize the evil that is done, by attaching penalties to things that are considered wrong. That doesn't eliminate all evil deeds though.

If a god was perfect whether the god allowed evil to happen or he commanded it to happen, he still was the all-powerful entity, according to man's beliefs about this god, and so therefore was ultimately responsible for the evil that occurred.

That fact in itself makes the god, that many believe in, an unbelievable entity.

“Lovin it!”

London

#517667 Jul 9, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I see now; you're a hateful fundie who lashes out when someone opposes your feeble thinking.
How pathetic.
You're not a very nice person are you? Perhaps you would like to try the 12 step program?

You can start with I admitted I was powerless over my foul language

God will help you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517668 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome
I actually grew up in church from a child so yes I had no choice and it was brought upon me but I say that positively because I feel its bettered me as a person.
As an individual grows up,you tend to loose sight along the way and so it becomes your choice to strengthen your resolve or depart from it,
I lost my way but my faith never,ever left me,sure I felt abandoned that my prayers were not always answered at the God given time but I never questioned his existance..and then through study I learned that not only do your prayers not always get answered at that requested time but that not all your prayers will be answered,in the days of the prohet Isaiah God Jehovah told the rebellious israelities that 'even though they make many prayers,he is not listening,with bloodshed their hands have become filled'..
The thing that stood out for me more then anything was that it stated that for you to be requesting something in prayer and awaiting your desired answer-you HAVE to be in harmony with your prayers..
Belief is personal, we probably agree upon that.

Using a text a man does not prove "God" exists.

What proof do you have that those words were were truth to begin with?

Some more men to prove the existance of "God"?

How 'bout the supposed "Ten Commandment" tablets - those were supposedly from the hand of "God". Do you have those as evidence?

“Lovin it!”

London

#517669 Jul 9, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo...."Self" is "God"?
That is basically what you are saying above, because all twelve points you made all have to do with an action that "you" take.
I don't think you quite understand, completely, what you have posted.
I completely understand because I have worked this program for 6 years every day. Some days better than others. It unblocks the mind enabling you to tune into God.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#517670 Jul 9, 2012

(I have power over people and things, I exorcise this daily.)

(( I have control over my sanity no restoration asked for or needed.))

((( Why would I need an imaginary god to guide my will and life.

My will against yours and...I will win.)))

((((I have taken mental notes of the inventory of my life and possessions...so?))))

(((((I admit my shortcomings , though it is of no use to display them to others.)))))

((((((I remove what I will removed , no man can remove his past. But it does well to remember it, to avoid the same mistakes.))))))

((((((( Again of what use is to ask the imaginary anything?)))))))

(((((((( We all will be forced by our memory as long as we posses conscious , we do not wish to be unloved. Some may think only of themselves, but this is a trait of the sociopath/ psychopath to not do so.))))))))

((((((((( Isn't that just human nature?)))))))))

((((((((((A person's inventory is his own.)))))))))

(((((((((( Why again should I seek a relationship with the imaginary?)))))))))

((((((((((Have people see me a a religiotarded fruitloop fundie? I think not!)))))))))

Location hidden

#517671 Jul 9, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any clue as to what you're talking about? I don't think you do. Did Jesus speak in parables and metaphors? Of course He did. Did He follow the Jewish laws? Yes He did. If anybody is cherry picking around here, it's you.
I have a question for you. You wouldn't debate or discuss these issues with me in the thread I created, so why are are you bothering to discuss them with me here now? You think you have an audience and a point to prove as if you're better than anyone else? Bring it.
BM, I am skipping through the many posts trying to catch up with today's posts, but am still on yesterdays. However, when you ask a question about Jesus and then state that certainly Jesus did this or that, I am assuming that you mean according to the writings of the Bible, as the stories there state, Jesus did such and such.

We have not established that any of the Bible is actual factual information, or that the Jesus of the Bible is actually a factual person, so aside from arguing what the Bible states, we cannot make absolute claims about anything in that Bible as being actual real life facts.

If we could do that then this thread and any others related to it would be rather redundant IMO.

Location hidden

#517672 Jul 9, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't speaking on behalf of all other atheists somewhat arrogant?
BM, I agree that any atheist speaking for other atheists is being rather arrogant, because atheism is not an activity that a certain structured group of people partake of, but rather the lack of a structured activity (such as the practise of being a Christian is usually structured at least within each denomination). We have a commonality only because we are non believers in deities, but otherwise, I may have no similarities to any other person who is also a non-believer on this site.

Not doing something is hardly something one can really get behind and form an organization around (except perhaps if it is not wearing any clothes).:)

Again those atheists who have made a name for themselves through their books, or their speeches, or debates, are individuals who make money on exploring the subject of beliefs and showing how those beliefs are not true, at least in their opinions, and also many are those who are particularly concerned, especially in the USA, that beliefs do not enter into the public education domain, because the purpose of public education is to teach what is considered at the time to be facts, and provable equations etc.; it is not to indoctrinate children into a particular belief system of an unknown deity.

In a multi-cultured society such as the USA and Canada teaching a particular belief system to all children in the system would not only be unfair, but it would be discriminatory.

On the other hand, at the proper grade level or age level, that children ad advance enough to understand, I think that teaching about the ideas about each religious belief could be important, but it must be completely without bias towards any particular belief system at the expense of the others.

Since these religions do exist, they should be taught about, for knowledge, but never for worship, at the school level.

Unfortunately, that was not the case, when I went to primary school back in the 50s. We were taught about Christianity and the Bible as if it was fact, rather than one belief among many.

“Lovin it!”

London

#517673 Jul 9, 2012
@ Aura Mytha

Like I say, working this program unblocks the mind enabling a connection with God which proves Gods existence.

The question on this thread is prove God exists.

I have Just passed on a way that millions of people have used to find God. If you think you are so special and different that it won't work for you, then that just proves you don't have an open mind.

How can anything be proven to someone with a closed mind?

The Borderland of Sol

#517674 Jul 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
(I have power over people and things, I exorcise this daily.)
(( I have control over my sanity no restoration asked for or needed.))
((( Why would I need an imaginary god to guide my will and life.
My will against yours and...I will win.)))
((((I have taken mental notes of the inventory of my life and possessions...so?))))
(((((I admit my shortcomings , though it is of no use to display them to others.)))))
((((((I remove what I will removed , no man can remove his past. But it does well to remember it, to avoid the same mistakes.))))))
((((((( Again of what use is to ask the imaginary anything?)))))))
(((((((( We all will be forced by our memory as long as we posses conscious , we do not wish to be unloved. Some may think only of themselves, but this is a trait of the sociopath/ psychopath to not do so.))))))))
((((((((( Isn't that just human nature?)))))))))
((((((((((A person's inventory is his own.)))))))))
(((((((((( Why again should I seek a relationship with the imaginary?)))))))))
((((((((((Have people see me a a religiotarded fruitloop fundie? I think not!)))))))))
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!

The Borderland of Sol

#517675 Jul 9, 2012
CheekyCockney wrote:
@ Aura Mytha
Like I say, working this program unblocks the mind enabling a connection with God which proves Gods existence.
The question on this thread is prove God exists.
I have Just passed on a way that millions of people have used to find God. If you think you are so special and different that it won't work for you, then that just proves you don't have an open mind.
How can anything be proven to someone with a closed mind?
Ah.

Cult.

Gottit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aerobatty 118,567
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 678,590
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 10 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 15 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 17 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 30 min New Age Spiritual... 33,210
More from around the web