“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#510266 Jun 14, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha.
I'm a little slow today.
I just noticed that you used "apart" properly.
See that, yd? THAT'S how you use "apart".
I'm tearing my hair apart.
But I don't have a part in it.
don't have a kaniptionfit because you are confuzzled.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#510267 Jun 14, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your argument from incredulity, er I mean hypothesis, is that you are making many gross assumptions about the conditions on primordial Earth. You are also only taking into account one theory of abiogenesis where there are many.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
Check it out.
well..there you have it...multiple theories...none proven...all basically saying living matter came from non-living substances. It's termed abiogenesis either way...and it has never been proven. With that said...where do you suppose all that non-living matter came from? At least the idea of divine creation covers it all...Don't get me wrong...I think the intelligence of the men who have come up with all these theories is amazing...and I do think to just sit back and say "God did it" is quite shallow...but, to date...we're all just trying to sort through it all and still have nothing, scientifically, really to satisfy our lack of knowledge on what is really true about how we got here. For me...and it doesn't bother me that many think it's childish or insane...I'm perfectly at ease believing in a divine Creator...and even more so, I find peace in trying to live my life following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#510268 Jun 14, 2012
If the greek deities are a myth, so are the christian deities...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#510269 Jun 14, 2012
SlR DOCTOR wrote:
<quoted text>You are stupid and an idiot. You also have no clue whether Rob Halford is a pedophile and it is likely that he is a gay pedophile. Nature already took care of you gay foolishness leading to breeding. Cheers.
- your second sentence has two independent clauses in it. The first is "you also have no clue whether Rob Halford is a pedophile" and your second is "it is likely that he is a gay pedophile." The first hinges on the person's knowledge to whom you are writing. The second is merely about Rob Halford. These, being unrelated, should not be in the same sentence.

- your third sentence is simply poor. Here, read it again:

"Nature already took care of you gay foolishness leading to breeding."

So...are you saying that nature uses gay foolishness to make babies? That's stupid. Gay couples don't make babies when they have sex with each other. Sure, you could argue that their foolishness might result in babies - but that foolishness would necessitate an opposite sex partner.

Even if we correct the mistaken "you" to "your," the sentence doesn't make sense. Here:

"Nature already took care of your gay foolishness leading to breeding."

How does "gay foolishness" lead to breeding???

Sir Doctor, you seriously need remedial English classes. None of us can understand your insults. It makes us feel that you're about as dumb as most stones, as intelligent as most bivalves.

Oh, well, keep trying. Out of curiosity, did you graduate from high school or are you 15? I'm guessing you're younger than 15 and people are bothering you at school. So you come here to hide. If that's the case, you could do better. We're not going to be mean to a nice person.

Some stable somewhere

#510270 Jun 14, 2012
SlR DOCTOR wrote:
<quoted text>No, you do not know God and it is impossible to be a nonchristian who does not sin.
Believing in Christianity, wow you are confused. Yes, you are a satanist and follow the satanic rede. Please don't jump off any bridges, because when you land you will land in hell. Just saying.
- your first sentence is amazingly haughty. You don't get to decide who knows God or not. You are not God, but a little boy

- your second sentence implies that believing in God makes a person confused

- your third sentence contradicts the second

- your fourth sentence betrays your arrogance. You pretend to know the mind of God again. You are not God's judge. Had you uttered those words in the 15th century, you would have been burned alive for your sins

- also, he could jump off a very small bridge

- yes, each one of my points here does not end with a period. Do you know the reason for that? I don't think so

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#510271 Jun 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your myth, he created everything from nothing without the laws of physics then created humanity from dirt. Thus, you believe everything came from nothing and humanity came directly from dirt.
WHAAT? do you hear yourself?

apparently you think GOD is a human?
do you even halfway understand what 'GOD' is?
of course not, otherwise you would not think "GOD" would need to use mans laws of physics to create.

let me TRY to shed some light on your darkness about WHAT God is
He is first of all a SPIRIT.
a POWER
an all consuming fire
something that no man can look upon and live.
God is the begining and the end
eternal
all things
that is what the word or name 'GOD' means

so God does not need mans laws of physics to do anything.
God spoke it, moved upon it, and it was in HIS POWER that all things were created.

you are trying to wrap a LIMITED human brain around that which you can not possibly do.

when you call GOD a myth ... you are calling all of creation a myth
because man can not duplicate what God has made from scratch.
man uses what is already on this earth .... and that fact alone proves man is not the orignator of creation or life.

you people easily are seduced into believing that billions of different species all derived from one tiny organism...... which is impossible.
because time is not on the side of evolution.
if there were fish in the sea's billions of years ago, the fact they are STILL fish in the sea today.......shows no evolution from fish to anything else.......... AND if something billions of years ago evolved into another species then that original species would of went extinct in the process.
and we know that is not what has happened.

you can't prove or show how life came to be.
so until you can.........you can't 'rightly' exclude creation without being unfair.

i stand firmly on the logic that every creation MUST have a creator.
nothing comes into existance by itself.

“This planet is”

wonderfull

#510272 Jun 14, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
well..there you have it...multiple theories...none proven...all basically saying living matter came from non-living substances. It's termed abiogenesis either way...and it has never been proven. With that said...where do you suppose all that non-living matter came from? At least the idea of divine creation covers it all...Don't get me wrong...I think the intelligence of the men who have come up with all these theories is amazing...and I do think to just sit back and say "God did it" is quite shallow...but, to date...we're all just trying to sort through it all and still have nothing, scientifically, really to satisfy our lack of knowledge on what is really true about how we got here. For me...and it doesn't bother me that many think it's childish or insane...I'm perfectly at ease believing in a divine Creator...and even more so, I find peace in trying to live my life following the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Well...creationism is just a theory as well, in fact,'deity' creationism is just a myth, just like any other deity(example:Zeus)
And it seems like ur just a slave to 'god' and 'jesus christ'...

“I speak my mind”

#510273 Jun 14, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually science has developed many theories about the origins of the universe, the Earth, and life on Earth, all based on objective,repeatably testable evidence. None of them have been definitively proved yet, but they are way, way ahead of the Abrahamic creation myth, which isn't grounded in anything like objective evidence, and is in fact mostly second-hand at that, being largely borrowed from other surrounding cultures.
Science shrinks religion. That is not to say that nothing we would term a deity might not exist somewhere in the universe, but nothing that any human culture past or present has speculated is likely to be remotely accurate. All evidence shows that religion is just cultural projection. History proves that.
Science might "shrink" religion...but science can't touch the spiritual connection that man has with the deities science can't prove or disprove. There is a significant difference in being "religious" and being "spiritual". Scientists, with all their verifiable, testable evidence who refuse to allow themselves to be open-minded about the reality of spiritual things, simply deny themselves the opportunity to experience something far greater than that which can proven in a lab. It's just that simple.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#510274 Jun 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, claiming you know the will of your god.
absolutely! every person of faith in God, every bible believing Christian and Jew will tell you they know the will of God.
otherwise if we didn't then we couldn't serve God or obey God without His instruction to mankind.

faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Since: Sep 08

Ordway, CO

#510275 Jun 14, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, surely you can access more wit than this. The point that God seems to have set up Adam and Eve is a perfectly valid one. Instead of getting peevish, how about a mature speculation as to the necessity of apparently putting hazards in Adam and Eve's way unnecessarily? Don't you wonder those things yourself, assuming the ideology is pertinent to you at all?
Oscar, I'm going to tell you a secret about my real thoughts, though it shouldn't be from past posts I have made.

The Old Testament was a corruption of a message to serve the interests of a particular group of people. It was written by Jews, for Jews, and became their license to lie, cheat, steal, and murder to survive as a group, They became the Chosen People in that edition of that message. However, there has been a long conflict between the truly righteous among them, and those that ran with the corrupted message.

The powerful of any society will gravitate to the editions of stories that maintain their status.

As I said before, I was an atheist at age 13. After getting into megaliths and telluric currents as the basis of most religions I went back into the Old Testament looking for events and traces of the technology. I saw them. I also started seeing those angels and such as agents of a foreign power at the time that were aiding the Jews. The same stuff that happens today all over the place. Espionage.

Jerusalem is evil. It is built upon a bloodthirsty machine, a manipulation of the telluric currents. I have posted before about the technology of those things. It was a place built upon Baal, not a higher authority. One reason it has always had a problem. The second temple was a blood machine. The structure was dismantled, but the circuitry beneath is still active. Loops were formed, and became self-maintaining. I have posted about my creating such a machine, without the blood, and killing it. Blood is the carrier of energy. Lots of packets on energy packed into a body. Release that energy into a channeled flow.

But don't ever let it go hungry and you stay in the neighborhood.

There is a Creator. But the message was hijacked. The Jesus story was an attempt to correct that, but it too was corrupted for special interests. Yet the truth still exists in the words. You just need to read them with a different eye.

I love Jews, but I don't worship them. I greatly admire their intellect developed from their religious traditions. Some are true seekers of the truth. So much so that they will argue with God. The ones that argue seeking truth are great. Beware the ones that argue with him seeking to cut a deal. That ain't the real top dog.

Told you I have a technician's religion. I set back and watch for the most part, observing the mechanics of the physical world, and of people. I am not committed to any particular belief system, but portions of the Abrahamic religions have a solid ring to my ears. But I keep an open eye and mind.

“I speak my mind”

#510276 Jun 14, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...creationism is just a theory as well, in fact,'deity' creationism is just a myth, just like any other deity(example:Zeus)
And it seems like ur just a slave to 'god' and 'jesus christ'...
I choose, freely, to believe in God and I choose, freely, to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. That isn't slavery.

Ordway, CO

#510277 Jun 14, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you assuming those two trees in particular were necessary? And why make them accessible to A & E if they were? God was supposedly their caretaker, and presumably A & E didn't know good from evil prior to eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, just as they would not have been immortal as they did not eat from the Tree of Life, and God wanted to prevent them from eating from that tree and becoming immortal "like them". Which also makes God a liar, as God said they would die when they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and they didn't.
It's a very odd story to begin the Bible with to say the least.
The garden wasn't God's home. Why it was a garden.

It was a place built to interface with his creations, and to support hem in his absence. He wasn't their caretaker, per se. Maybe more like a scientist checking on his experiments.

The trees were likely necessary for that structure, just like those stoves.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#510278 Jun 14, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
But again, science does not have nothing. Science has quite a bit of objective corroborative evidence to work with. Religion has unsubstantiated claims. And second-hand borrowed ones in many cases at that.

Science can certainly be wrong, but when it is, it self-corrects and progresses on. Religion on the other hand is an all or nothing game. It has never and will never produce any new useful knowledge. And in fact if you look at human history religion has caused alot more harm than good. It's claims to be a force for moral good, but does history really uphold even that claim? Nope.

IMHO, I think one would be better off to take the moral teachings of Jesus along with other moral philosophers and dispense with the religion alltogether. It certainly works for me, and I don't have to deal with the albatross of religious ideology around my neck. Morality and inspiration is readily available without religion. Religion is not only superfluous but in fact a hindrance.

Some stable somewhere

#510279 Jun 14, 2012
So far, wilderide makes very good points...
Wilderide knows more about the Bible than any Christian on here, I'd wager.

“This planet is”

wonderfull

#510280 Jun 14, 2012
Ur saying it, as if u were in this 'garden'...

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#510281 Jun 14, 2012
Big_Poppa_ wrote:
Christianity supports paedophilia.
uh no, same sex supports it.

Ordway, CO

#510282 Jun 14, 2012
Ur saying it, as if u were in this 'garden'...
I might have been.

Gardens are normally outside houses, or adjacent. Perhaps you may be confused because your gardens are under grow lights in a spare bedroom or closet?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#510283 Jun 14, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oscar, I'm going to tell you a secret about my real thoughts, though it shouldn't be from past posts I have made.
The Old Testament was a corruption of a message to serve the interests of a particular group of people. It was written by Jews, for Jews, and became their license to lie, cheat, steal, and murder to survive as a group, They became the Chosen People in that edition of that message. However, there has been a long conflict between the truly righteous among them, and those that ran with the corrupted message. The powerful of any society will gravitate to the editions of stories that maintain their status.
I heartily agree. Every religious text is likewise.
As I said before, I was an atheist at age 13. After getting into megaliths and telluric currents as the basis of most religions I went back into the Old Testament looking for events and traces of the technology. I saw them. I also started seeing those angels and such as agents of a foreign power at the time that were aiding the Jews. The same stuff that happens today all over the place. Espionage.
Jerusalem is evil. It is built upon a bloodthirsty machine, a manipulation of the telluric currents. I have posted before about the technology of those things. It was a place built upon Baal, not a higher authority. One reason it has always had a problem. The second temple was a blood machine. The structure was dismantled, but the circuitry beneath is still active. Loops were formed, and became self-maintaining. I have posted about my creating such a machine, without the blood, and killing it. Blood is the carrier of energy. Lots of packets on energy packed into a body. Release that energy into a channeled flow.
Sorry Dave but you've lost me now. I agree that the Jews were ethnic-cleansing and violent, and used Yahweh to justify their actions. But Jerusalem isn't evil, it's just a place, though the people who lived there might have been. And blood doesn't carry "energy", it's a medium that our bodies use to metabolize certain particles into energy, carry off waste, etc. Blood outside the body is just a viscous fluid with cells and various inert matter.

You seem to have a tendency to anthropomorphize things, but maybe I'm just reading that into your words. But that would be the way magical thinking creeps in. Stuff is just stuff. It's easy for humans to project intent (especially around themselves), and it's important not to do so.
There is a Creator. But the message was hijacked. The Jesus story was an attempt to correct that, but it too was corrupted for special interests. Yet the truth still exists in the words. You just need to read them with a different eye.
I love Jews, but I don't worship them. I greatly admire their intellect developed from their religious traditions. Some are true seekers of the truth. So much so that they will argue with God. The ones that argue seeking truth are great. Beware the ones that argue with him seeking to cut a deal. That ain't the real top dog.
Told you I have a technician's religion. I set back and watch for the most part, observing the mechanics of the physical world, and of people. I am not committed to any particular belief system, but portions of the Abrahamic religions have a solid ring to my ears. But I keep an open eye and mind.
Hopefully you don't accept stories as likely simply because they satisfy your ego or because they are culturally familiar to you. Apply critical thinking skills to any religion and it disappears in a puff of smoke.

You say there is a creator, but where is the objective evidence for such a remarkable claim as that?

Since: May 10

Hayes, UK

#510284 Jun 14, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
uh no, same sex supports it.
So you're saying Jesus supports paedophilia?

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#510286 Jun 14, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 4:1 is easy. There are plenty of people who claim to be Christians, but certainly don't act it. Galatians is a bit more tricky. That passage insists that Christians walk the walk not just talk the talk. Do you think your behavior generally is evidence of the Holy Spirit?
tricky is right.
because you are asking me if i am perfect....no one is perfect.
and even the best christians make mistakes ........
do i think i am 'walking the talk' ABSOLUTELY.
i know my heart.
God knows my heart.
and i strive daily to walk in HIS word........

"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you, will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6

we are a work in progress.

when someone walks on me because of my faith.
i don't allow it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 45 min Paul McCartney is... 659
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 23
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Quirky 42,522
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 65
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 2 hr IDontWantThis 1
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 3 hr haha 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr Robert F 690,621
More from around the web