Christianity supports paedophilia.
That seems true for the sacerdotal.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#509992 Jun 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i believe that God can predict our paths and consequent events similar to how scientists can predict the learned path of a rat in a maze.
the scientist has a hand in the rat's environment but does not control the rat's chosen coarse; nor does God super-empose His control over ours.
First, kudos for not obfuscating.

Now, on to your response. Are you saying God can only predict the future, but does not know it omnisciently as a fact? Can God be surprised and wrong? Because if God can't be surprised or wrong, then God isn't predicting, God knows. And if God knows the entire future without any possibility of error, then everything you will ever do was known beforehand, and you can't stray from that track. Furthermore, if God is also omnipotent, then God not only knows your fate, it also set your fate into motion, thus God necessarily does superimpose it's will on you. See how that works?

If God knows you will do X, can you do Y instead?

PS - As I've pointed out, there are many places in the Bible where God seems surprised and angry. For instance, what was the point of global genocide by flood if God already knew what was going to happen? Was that gratuitous? So does God know the future or not? You would never be enraged if you were omniscient.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#509994 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>I will assume that you are 14 or 15 and try to explain with a child in mind. Jesus says that you must be born-again and that you must receive the Holy Spirit. The old self must be washed away and a new creation is birthed unto the man, no longer born of flesh but of spirit. I assume that you do not know anything about diseases and sicknesses, if you did then you would know that God does not do it. Rather than getting in to detail why not go disease by disease and ask a doctor.
I had a friend who had hypoglycemia which she got from her mom. It was her mom's fault, not to blame it since it was not intentional. It was during a war period in their country where food was scarce and her mom was diabetic. My friend's body reacted to the diabetes that her mom had.
So, how is that God's fault.
1.A baby get's HIV from a parent, so how is that God's fault?
2.A baby gets asthma from mom smoking so how is that God's fault?
3.A baby gets fetal alcohol syndrome from alcohol drinking of a parent, so how is that God's fault?
Eve if it were possible for God and satan to make up and it is not, as unbelievers then you would still belong to Satan.
Your question is this, why does satan not bow down to God, submit and obey, when you who are not as evil as satan still choose not to bow down to God, submit and obey? You have to answer that question yourself.
But the difference, Satan knows that god is there and has logical and empirical proof, we have no empirical proof of the god.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#509996 Jun 13, 2012
Big_Poppa_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrap all religion.
Main religion should be HUMANITY.
Where we accept and respect people regardless of beliefs, colour, race, creed, ethnicity, sexuality etc etc.
If we do that, then we'll advance towards a world of peace & harmony.
Religion has done nothing but divide. Something God surely wouldn't want.
And I love Metallica. One of my favourite bands.
Like I said. Romanticized notions.

Ever consider that in the thousands of years man has been playing music how many times somebody picked out a rock type beat or song on some kind of instrument? Or even bluegrass? Jazz, too, surely.

Lots of things developed from people making noises in unison. Some developed into these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#509997 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>No, but obviously homosexuality supports paedophilia.
Lam fallacious assumption.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#509998 Jun 13, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yes far more than you know....... if you people were only half as concerned about your own souls as you were about my spelling you might be on the right road..........as is, you are not.
apart
or a part
isn't the issue here.
I would suggest that you read Mimi's latest post to you very carefully.

Then take a little time to reflect on it.

It's not from "you people" but from a fellow Christian.

And it's very powerful, far more than your consistently hollow sermons.

San Francisco

#509999 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>No, but obviously homosexuality supports paedophilia.
Then why are the vast majority of pedophiles heterosexual?

San Francisco, CA

#510000 Jun 13, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell no.
But, long ago, I became determined to teach her ONE thing-the proper use of "apart" and "a part".
I know. I know. It's a Herculean task, but I think I'm up to the challenge.
Now you have to tell her that plausable isn't a word.

Ask her why she rejects plausible.

San Francisco

#510001 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>This is good or bad or it depends on how received.
How do you feel about judging? Do you think that it was wrong for this person to judge.
I judge you as intelligent and smart. Wait, according to you, I can not judge you. So, I make no judgment at all. Your post just is and that is it, no comment, no judgment and no assessment. If thou shall not judge means not to judge then you can not even judge things as good.
I think that it is okay to judge, just not condemn and most people do not actually condemn others since they do not have the power to do so.
Interesting post.
Matthew 7:1-2

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

It's pretty clear. Judge others to the degree that you want God to judge you. Basically what this implies is that those who judge don't trust God to be the judge. God doesn't like it's toes stepped on.

San Francisco

#510002 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>I will assume that you are 14 or 15 and try to explain with a child in mind. Jesus says that you must be born-again and that you must receive the Holy Spirit. The old self must be washed away and a new creation is birthed unto the man, no longer born of flesh but of spirit. I assume that you do not know anything about diseases and sicknesses, if you did then you would know that God does not do it. Rather than getting in to detail why not go disease by disease and ask a doctor.
I had a friend who had hypoglycemia which she got from her mom. It was her mom's fault, not to blame it since it was not intentional. It was during a war period in their country where food was scarce and her mom was diabetic. My friend's body reacted to the diabetes that her mom had.
So, how is that God's fault.
1.A baby get's HIV from a parent, so how is that God's fault?
2.A baby gets asthma from mom smoking so how is that God's fault?
3.A baby gets fetal alcohol syndrome from alcohol drinking of a parent, so how is that God's fault?
Eve if it were possible for God and satan to make up and it is not, as unbelievers then you would still belong to Satan.
Your question is this, why does satan not bow down to God, submit and obey, when you who are not as evil as satan still choose not to bow down to God, submit and obey? You have to answer that question yourself.
Since you seem content to talk down to others, presumably that is what you want yourself, so I'll simplify this for you:

If God is omnipotent, then God is also omni-responsible.

Can't really break it down much more than that.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#510003 Jun 13, 2012

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#510006 Jun 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Been denying your god for 30 years, openly for 25 years. I also love lightening storms. Why is it that your god seems to favor us atheists?
Yes! Why do churches have lightning rods on them? Surely God wouldn't want anything bad to happen to his place of worship. UNLESS, the church fathers aren't really sure they got it right ..... just sayin'!!
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

#510007 Jun 13, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
stardust? HAHAHAHA
stardust .... thats FUNNY. you have watched far to much si-fy tv sir.
I did say anecdotally, but it is a fact that most of the elements on this planet was forged within stars.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and how many times must someone explain something to you before you understand it?
If it is true, then it is easily understood. However, mostly everything you say is shrouded in mistruths and I am just being polite.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
did you not try to claim that God created man from NON living dirt?
Nope that was not my claim, this is the claim of your bible as much as you are claiming otherwise.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and i showed you in the scriptures that the earth IS VERY MUCH living.
The scripture does not say that, you are being deceitful as usual.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and that GOD 'fashioned' man from the dust of the earth and THEN breathed life into His nostrils creating a LIVING SOUL.
"GOD 'fashioned' man from the dust of the earth"
dust is not alive and you know that very well.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
you find that hard to understand? but you don't have any problem believing life came from NON matter, NON life?
I have a very clear idea of how life could have originated.
It was certainly not "poofed" into existence by your non-existent deity.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
star dust is not a 'life' in itself that could create life.
Star dust itself is not life but the atoms which everything on earth is made of was forged within stars.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR scientists marvel at the vast intelligence in a single living cell.
Scientists marvel at everything, it is in their nature, but these things were not designed by an anthropomorphic entity.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
where is your ability to exercise common sense?
Mind is clearly evident, yours appear to be missing.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't find the truth scary at all.
That is not true, as you said you find science acceptable unless it goes contrary to the bible.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
i find those who think everything ACCIDENTLY came to be from an ACCIDENTAL explosion in space creating life from nothingness scary.
"Accidently" and "accidental" are your words.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
i find those who disregard the value of their own souls ..scary.
You will have to prove that souls exist, that would be a different topic.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
and i find those who think their ancestors swung from trees scary.
Yep, proof that the truth scares you.

San Francisco, CA

#510011 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>I was not talking down to any one and I surely was not posting to you I suggest that you break it down to you, that is where it begins and ends. Omnipotence has nothing to do with responsibility.
If you think so, do you expect to be charged for rape and murder, if your 30 year old son rapes your 25 year old daughter and she murders your son? I mean, you raised them and they are your children. According to you, then you are solely responsible.
What a crock.

You have earned the white sheet.

From sheer bovinity.

Exit left.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#510013 Jun 13, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>How is pessimism ever good? I like the optimist child. The parents wanted to balance his optimism so they gave him horse manure as a Christmas present.
The little boy opened his gift, smiled, jumped up an down and ran outside looking. His parents ran after him and said why are you happy. He simply replied: I know you are hiding my pony outside.
“I'd rather be a pessimist because then I can only be pleasantly surprised.”
&#8213; Ben Franklin
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#510014 Jun 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we invented them. They are arbitrary concepts which predict how the universe works well enough to consider them "laws." These laws are often refined and changed when new information is presented, so they are not unchanging. The universe itself just behaves a certain way, it does not have to, it just does. A universe with different behavior would just be different than this one.
So gravity did not exist until man invented it. Interesting perspective. The universe has choice?

“Body,Mind and Strength are HIS”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#510015 Jun 13, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
“I'd rather be a pessimist because then I can only be pleasantly surprised.”
&#8213; Ben Franklin
"Expect the unexpected, then you will not be surprised by the unexpected, because you were expecting it already."-Stephen...Now that is a promise you can take to the bank!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#510016 Jun 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So gravity did not exist until man invented it. Interesting perspective. The universe has choice?
No, gravity exist, the law is how we understand it mathematically and how it works. The law we created to describe it benefits us, and is still not even close to accurate. There are many instances when the law we use does not work, especially on the quantum level. The current law of gravity we have is incomplete and accounts only for a few situations.

Since: Jun 12

Marysville, WA

#510018 Jun 13, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>One of the reasons you guys lack credibility is you take these stories and twist them to your own ends. Jesus' "generation of vipers" speech was spoken to a specific group of people - scribes and Pharisees (and only some of them)- over a specific set of grievances (abuse of Torah).
If believers don't respect the sanctity of Jesus' words as relayed, is it any wonder non-believers scoff?
I am having trouble understanding the difference between the scribes and Pharisees, who were not regarding what God wanted them to do but did it their own way, and people now days who do things completely their own way. Jesus said that if you are not with him you are against him. Pretty simple. I am aware of who Jesus was speaking about. If you cant see a comparison to this generation of people who shun what Jesus says, you need to try a little harder. In no way was I "twisting a story". Those people back then he was speaking to wanted things to be seen and done their way. Now a lot of men still want that. Sure they aren't all Jews, does that really matter? Trust me on this, most people that have a user name of, apocalypse666 don't much read the bible anyways. You seem to have some understanding of what went on in the bible. Where do you stand?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#510019 Jun 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
random thought: if there is a hell as 'fundies' insist, i wonder how important correct grammer will seem in retrospect to the inhabitants thereof.....
I don't think grammAr itself would be that important, but the unwillingness to learn it might be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min USaWarringIdiotSo... 177,210
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 596,483
The Christian Atheist debate 23 min -Alan S Shole- 1,031
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 34 min andet1987 1,459
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 47 min andet1987 6,150
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr End Times 612,632
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Fired--Up 2,651
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web