Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#509256 Jun 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Dude!!! I have sewing shows on Saturdays at the Hobby lobby in the am, Joann's on the evenings and I have a new line of apparel coming out in the fall at Kohls. It's called the "Doctor 1000 line" it's loud, clashes with all outfits and fits poorly. And is guaranteed to piss you off. I got my inspiration from someone I know.
Hey speaking of Kohl's, I saw a sign in the parking lot of a shopping center that looked something like this:

KOHLS
STAPLES
DICK'S

Three stores there; but somebody wasn't thinking.

Ouch.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#509257 Jun 11, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Border collies are the most intelligent dog. Pits have just been taken off the dangerous dog list where I live. Some states still want to ban them. What will they do, kill them all?! I rescued this one
he almost got hit by a car, he's beautiful...and very sweet, but,
when he starts getting playful, he's rough, and so strong, and very fast, if you watch them you can see why they have the reputation they do. I have to be careful with him around kids, he's only 6 mos. old,
but he can be intimidating.
Yes. You absolutely have to know what you're doing with them.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#509258 Jun 11, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be offended if I said you have rather a great, but very perverted, imagination? This has been reported here many times before, but for you I will detail it all in one post.

I met my first wife at my university at the beginning of the second semester of our first year there (we were both in the same year but different colleges, both at the same university). We dated from meeting until the summer after the 3rd year, when we were married, having been engaged for about 1 1/2 years. We had and raised 2 children and they both went through two levels of university, both graduating in the spring of 1999, one as a medical doctor, and the other as a Social worker with a Masters degree.

My wife and I agreed to separate, after 31 years of marriage, in September of 2000. I met another woman, twice divorced, in late October of that same year, and we basically lived together most of the time until the 3rd month of 2006, when we split after she had disclosed that she had commenced an affair with a man she had worked with during her 1st marriage, but had maintained a strong desire to be with through her next marriage, our relationship, the end of his marriage and the pending breakup of his common-law marriage.

I fought her leaving me for several months, and they got together and then he went back to his other partner, but then came back to her, at which time I sort of on a whim decided to look on a dating site that I had joined, but pulled my profile from, a few months before, for only a couple hours one day, leading to dates with 5 different women in the next 7 days, one being with my current wife, who I moved in with on our second date, just 4 days after our first date.

All decisions made at that time defied any form of rationality, but I was so not wanting to lose my partner that there was no possibility of me being rational. Fortunately as so often doesn't happen, in such situations, the move I made turned out to be a very good one.

Having said all that, I am a sticker. I would not have left either my first wife or my common-law wife, regardless of any problems (and there were no overt problems in my 2nd relationship at all), except both women are very head strong and both initiated the separation. Actually, after legally separating, my first wife did meet with me and asked me to come back to her a few months after I met my 2nd partner, but at that time I refused (one very rational and good decision I have made in my life).

I have no regrets, other than the loss of all the family and friends I acquired through those two relationships that stayed with the woman, of the breakup of my first marriage, because it had been pending for most of the 31 years. I will however likely take a lot of regrets of the 2nd breakup to my grave, because it caught me entirely unaware, and the feelings that arose were never resolved. I probably wouldn't even like that woman, if I was with her now, but her memory haunts me daily.

Fortunately I gained a much better wife, than either of the others, who is totally devoted to me, and neither of us has any interest in not being together.

The one difference, which does get on both our nerves from time to time, is that we are together almost 24/7 year round, whereas, both of the other women worked full-time, and so our time together in any given day could be very little.

I am 65 and she will be 65 in a couple months so our interests tend to be more centred in home based activities.

I do not have a gay bone in my body (no pun intended). I left religion actively in my first marriage approximately at the time when our two kids were leaving home to go to university, though that was not a factor in leaving the church.

Possibly the changes at the time though did make changing our regular going to church every Sunday easier to do.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#509259 Jun 11, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...I love this post...you have cracked me up! I needed a good laugh...I've had a blah day!
Im glad! People I work with just think I'm off the wall sometimes. Call me, I've got stupid jokes off the wazoo!:)

#509260 Jun 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey speaking of Kohl's, I saw a sign in the parking lot of a shopping center that looked something like this:
KOHLS
STAPLES
DICK'S
Three stores there; but somebody wasn't thinking.
Ouch.
lol!!!! Dude..... I think I just cried a little thinking about it...... ;)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#509261 Jun 11, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently...you are soooo not a girlie man!!! he's not blind...he's jealous...like I said...I'd love to see some of the men who post on here.
You can ask Nymph for a description of me, anyway...

laffin.

“I speak my mind”

It hurts to bite my tongue

#509262 Jun 11, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Border collies are the most intelligent dog. Pits have just been taken off the dangerous dog list where I live. Some states still want to ban them. What will they do, kill them all?! I rescued this one
he almost got hit by a car, he's beautiful...and very sweet, but,
when he starts getting playful, he's rough, and so strong, and very fast, if you watch them you can see why they have the reputation they do. I have to be careful with him around kids, he's only 6 mos. old,
but he can be intimidating.
the problem with Pits is they have a rep, and I've seen it happen, for suddenly biting the hand that feeds them...and I say that in a fairly literal sense. My cousin had one for five years...the dog adored him and he adored the dog. He got her when he was 9 and she was just a pup and aside from school, the dog was with him all the time. We're still not sure what happened, perhaps she was sick, but one day, out of the blues, my cousin was playing with her as he'd always done, and she just got vicious...tore his arm all to pieces...and God only knows the damage she would have done, had my uncle not knocked her out with shovel. they had to put her down. It was pretty horrible all in all. So...just be careful with him...especially around kids.

Long Beach, CA

#509264 Jun 11, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be offended if I said you have rather a great, but very perverted, imagination? This has been reported here many times before, but for you I will detail it all in one post.
I met my first wife at my university at the beginning of the second semester of our first year there (we were both in the same year but different colleges, both at the same university). We dated from meeting until the summer after the 3rd year, when we were married, having been engaged for about 1 1/2 years. We had and raised 2 children and they both went through two levels of university, both graduating in the spring of 1999, one as a medical doctor, and the other as a Social worker with a Masters degree.
My wife and I agreed to separate, after 31 years of marriage, in September of 2000. I met another woman, twice divorced, in late October of that same year, and we basically lived together most of the time until the 3rd month of 2006, when we split after she had disclosed that she had commenced an affair with a man she had worked with during her 1st marriage, but had maintained a strong desire to be with through her next marriage, our relationship, the end of his marriage and the pending breakup of his common-law marriage.
I fought her leaving me for several months, and they got together and then he went back to his other partner, but then came back to her, at which time I sort of on a whim decided to look on a dating site that I had joined, but pulled my profile from, a few months before, for only a couple hours one day, leading to dates with 5 different women in the next 7 days, one being with my current wife, who I moved in with on our second date, just 4 days after our first date.
All decisions made at that time defied any form of rationality, but I was so not wanting to lose my partner that there was no possibility of me being rational. Fortunately as so often doesn't happen, in such situations, the move I made turned out to be a very good one.
Having said all that, I am a sticker. I would not have left either my first wife or my common-law wife, regardless of any problems (and there were no overt problems in my 2nd relationship at all), except both women are very head strong and both initiated the separation. Actually, after legally separating, my first wife did meet with me and asked me to come back to her a few months after I met my 2nd partner, but at that time I refused (one very rational and good decision I have made in my life).
I have no regrets, other than the loss of all the family and friends I acquired through those two relationships that stayed with the woman, of the breakup of my first marriage, because it had been pending for most of the 31 years. I will however likely take a lot of regrets of the 2nd breakup to my grave, because it caught me entirely unaware, and the feelings that arose were never resolved. I probably wouldn't even like that woman, if I was with her now, but her memory haunts me daily.
Fortunately I gained a much better wife, than either of the others, who is totally devoted to me, and neither of us has any interest in not being together.
The one difference, which does get on both our nerves from time to time, is that we are together almost 24/7 year round, whereas, both of the other women worked full-time, and so our time together in any given day could be very little.
I am 65 and she will be 65 in a couple months so our interests tend to be more centred in home based activities.
I do not have a gay bone in my body (no pun intended). I left religion actively in my first marriage approximately at the time when our two kids were leaving home to go to university, though that was not a factor in leaving the church.
Possibly the changes at the time though did make changing our regular going to church every Sunday easier to do.
Life is a meandering stream.

Nobody is perfect.

But you're navigating it very well.

#509265 Jun 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You can ask Nymph for a description of me, anyway...
laffin.
You must be buffed like that guy in the Simpsons. Is he Irish or Scottish ???

“I speak my mind”

#509266 Jun 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You can ask Nymph for a description of me, anyway...
laffin.
Mac...surely you weren't the one who called Al a girlie man??? I actually had no idea who said it...

Either way...I have you pictured, from your cyber personality, as a James Bond type guy.

Am I close?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#509267 Jun 11, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZcqWyyHlCDAXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

#509268 Jun 11, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem with Pits is they have a rep, and I've seen it happen, for suddenly biting the hand that feeds them...and I say that in a fairly literal sense. My cousin had one for five years...the dog adored him and he adored the dog. He got her when he was 9 and she was just a pup and aside from school, the dog was with him all the time. We're still not sure what happened, perhaps she was sick, but one day, out of the blues, my cousin was playing with her as he'd always done, and she just got vicious...tore his arm all to pieces...and God only knows the damage she would have done, had my uncle not knocked her out with shovel. they had to put her down. It was pretty horrible all in all. So...just be careful with him...especially around kids.
I have a Pit and his job is to watch over my chihuahuas. We have lots of coyotes out here and he is just the sweetest thing he thinks hes a lap dog too!! My friend used to have a border collie when she was living with me and "Pepper" was one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever seen. Her focus was incredible.

Westcliffe, CO

#509269 Jun 11, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should just rely on you and your translation and interpretation, huh, Dave?
Only when I say you should understand what you "know".

Do some serious headscratching instead of just reading books.

And you are a jerk and a troll, which is the very reason you posted that. A kneejerk reaction for you.

Maybe you best stick with blindly believing what others who you think are your betters think.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#509270 Jun 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>You must be buffed like that guy in the Simpsons. Is he Irish or Scottish ???
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“"Look deep into my eye"”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#509271 Jun 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. You absolutely have to know what you're doing with them.
He's very intelligent, and a great guard dog. He sleeps on the couch... new couch, I covered it w/ a quilt and that's his bed.
My Chow is 15 and I had to take him to the Vet today, he hurt his leg
and he has hip dysplasia, and arthritis in his knee, and I have to carry him in and out. He's on pain meds, and the Vet said other than the sprain he's in good health. I know his days are numbered, but I take it one day at a time with him, he is an amazing dog.
I also have a female long haired Chihuaha, she looks like a papillion. She's pretty tough,she doesn't take anything from the pit, it's funny. Anyway, nice talking to you, I have to get up early... goodnight (:

#509272 Jun 11, 2012
River Tam wrote:
Lol! That's the guy!!!!!! Thank you River!!! Lololol!!!!

“I speak my mind”

#509273 Jun 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>I have a Pit and his job is to watch over my chihuahuas. We have lots of coyotes out here and he is just the sweetest thing he thinks hes a lap dog too!! My friend used to have a border collie when she was living with me and "Pepper" was one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever seen. Her focus was incredible.
Perhaps, Sasha, my cousins Pit, has scarred me. I have Boston Terriers...they're my little loves, but I guess, if I needed a guard dog against coyotes, a pit would be a good choice.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#509274 Jun 11, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when I say you should understand what you "know".
Do some serious headscratching instead of just reading books.
And you are a jerk and a troll, which is the very reason you posted that. A kneejerk reaction for you.
Maybe you best stick with blindly believing what others who you think are your betters think.
So you are saying we should just rely on you and your translation and interpretation.

Let me know where I'm going wrong, Dave.

“"Look deep into my eye"”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#509276 Jun 11, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, that's terrible, I know you do have to watch them around kids especially. My husband travels with his job and is gone all week and I hate alarm systems, and since my Chow is old, I was going to get a German Shepherd, but this one happened to be crossing a busy
St. by my aunt's house and so I brought him home. He's a lot of work... luckily I have a friend who has two and she can watch him for me, I wouldn't trust him w/ just anybody, you definitely need to be familiar w/ the breed and they are different, if he were to
ever seriously injure a child I would have him euthanized... that would kill me, but once they do that, any dog, they have to be put down. So far, he's great, really cute, I've had dogs my whole life
and most on the dangerous dog list, but any dog can get vicious, I
don't expect it to happen, but will always be on my guard.. I don't think I have to worry about anyone breaking in. Lol

“I speak my mind”

#509277 Jun 11, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
God love...I'm glad you came through it all on top Booots! Do you think all that heartbreak, though, could've soured you on God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min HipGnosis 14,260
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Neville Thompson 42,250
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min Neville Thompson 102,989
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min guest 627,464
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min RADEKT 278,417
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 615,771
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 2 hr monu 290
More from around the web