#508735 Jun 10, 2012
65 million years with a creationist:

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#508737 Jun 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that assbackwards. The Israelites were conquered constantly. Never conquerers other than Israel and Judeah and even that is debateable.
you need to read the bible.
read Judges 4 & 5
the Israelites were given advantage over the war against King jabor, and they were victorious.

every time GOD led the Israelites into battle HE WAS WITH THEM and they won.
Davids conquests against the Philistines, the Israelites had two great military kings,(Omri & Ahab) and they won the battle of Qarqar.
the battle of the Egyptians at Megiddo when King Josiah was killed, and the siege of sumaria...

the Israelites to this day have over come against ALL odds.
and they have been reinstated to their homeland.
PROTECTED by GOD against this world to this day.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#508738 Jun 10, 2012
Angry pathetic Bobof QF wrote:
2 Timothy 3 describes atheists like Bob of QF very well in the last days, which we are in:
-lovers of themselves
-boastful
-proud
-abusive
-disobedient to their parents
-ungrateful
-unholy
-WITHOUT LOVE
-unforgiving
-slanderous
-without self-control
-brutal
-not a lover of what is good
-treacherous
-rash
-conceited
-lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
-loaded down with sins and loves those sins
-swayed by all kinds of evil desires
-ALWAYS LEARNING BUT NEVER ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRUTH
-have depraved minds
Bob of QF won't get far because his folly will become clear to everyone.
Explain again these "signs" of the "last days."
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#508739 Jun 10, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
There are many reasons to believe that it is a myth, such as the "miracles."
If God exists then miracles are possible. Things like resurrection is not going to happen unless God does it. Since science deals with what normally happens, resurrection would be a unique event possible provided God exists. and outside what normally happens. There must be sufficient cause.
Consider the impact that the story of superman has on.
You associate a comic book with a historical account. Seems you do not know the difference.
It is an invented tale, based on ideas that made sense at the time.
No it is not invented and under Nero's Rome it made no sense at the time. Christians were being hunted down and killed under the most gruesome circumstances.
He is quick to help a tiny percentage of humanity with mostly personal problems.
What personal problems? They had far more problems with the authorities later. Like being beated, harassed, They gave up their positions in their culture. Paul gave up his position in that society only to become a wandering missionary in different places with abhorrent practices.
Although, he has unlimited intelligence and almost unlimited power, he cannot solve the major problems affecting humanity such as poverty and disease.
Nor did he liberate Israel from the Romans. His mission was spiritual in nature. Reconcile God with man. Evil, disease etc. that comes later.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508741 Jun 10, 2012
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God never exists, never existed and will never exist. Bush told he always talked with God daily when president. What a big liar! He can be compared to Goebbels former German Nazipropaganda frontman of Hitler.
a FOOL has said in his heart there is no God.

there IS a GOD
and HE LOVES YOU.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#508742 Jun 10, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
Your deity is an anachronism.
Well if that is true then folks like you are the closest we have to actual omniscience. It is either a universal truth claim or a supreme lie.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508743 Jun 10, 2012
Lily the aborter wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't even begin to explain the mechanism of evolution to you. You wouldn't understand it anyway so it would be a waste of my time.
BTW, evolution hasn't 'skipped over so many species'. Evolution happens everyday to every species through different means such as mutation and because of environmental change. Pattiecake/Yellodog...you need to either take some courses on the sibject (so you don't make yourself look so silly) or do your own research. If you choose to do neither, do not even mention evolution because you have no grasp of the subject.
are you serious? Mutation is NOT evolution.
a mutation is a FLAW a mistake...... evolution is suppose to be PROGRESSION to a higher life form.
so you can not equate mutation as being proof of evolution.

it is not.

if a baby is born with 6 toes instead of 5 toes that does not make that baby more evolved than someone with 5 toes.

where is your common sense?

and you need to show evidence of the 'transisson' period of species evolving because to this day there are no such fossils of species in any transission period of evolution
a fish is still a fish
a bird is still a bird.
when you can show me a fish that walks on land
as well as swims in the deep blue sea, we'll talk.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508745 Jun 10, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you look much older than 65 million. I heard that you were as old as time.
Sorry, if you cannot provide a link to your debate nonsense, we will not open your link in your attempt to save face.
ET go home.
I did not post that for the likes of you, you cannot appreciate poetry so the words would be lost to your minuscule mind anyway.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508746 Jun 10, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
a FOOL has said in his heart there is no God.
there IS a GOD
and HE LOVES YOU.
There's that circular logic again, the reinforcement of indoctrination.

"Anyone that disagrees with these beliefs is wrong not matter what."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508749 Jun 10, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Make up your mind, is it 3 or 30 million and if so, and species are allegedly evolving into being and allegedly all came from one species and one cell, how many species existed 6000 to 10,000 years ago. Even better, how many species existed 4.38 billion years ago, according to the evolution myth. Evolution midget minds can not even reconcile that it is not ironic that evidence ceases to exist right at the time that the Bible says that life begins. So, the evolutionists says, well I believe that this fossil is 200,000 years old and this one 2 million years old.
Which is funny when they later discover that they were brothers and sisters.
The biggest joke is that science children are always looking back and saying, oh well we guess wrong again. Okay, boys and girls, back in the lab we got some more guessing to do.
You need a dosage of perspective. The species that we know existing today account for less than 1% of all the species that have ever existed. I think the number is somewhere around 0.0001% or some tiny number. The fossil record accounts for about 1%, give or take, of all species that have existed. 3 to 30 million is not a huge difference when talking about the total species of any era, that is a pretty accurate range considering what we have learned.

Now, someone else will have to explain the large number of dating methods employed to you, because you are really uneducated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508750 Jun 10, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
are you serious? Mutation is NOT evolution.
a mutation is a FLAW a mistake...... evolution is suppose to be PROGRESSION to a higher life form.
so you can not equate mutation as being proof of evolution.
it is not.
if a baby is born with 6 toes instead of 5 toes that does not make that baby more evolved than someone with 5 toes.
where is your common sense?
and you need to show evidence of the 'transisson' period of species evolving because to this day there are no such fossils of species in any transission period of evolution
a fish is still a fish
a bird is still a bird.
when you can show me a fish that walks on land
as well as swims in the deep blue sea, we'll talk.
Incorrect. Hair color is a mutation, a benign one for us. So is eye color. Mutations happen all the time, your DNA mutates while you're alive. A mutation is any change in the genetic code.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#508752 Jun 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, again, I worded it in a primitive layman manner to show that the bible could have been at least better written. Do the words "flying" and "rodent" not exist in ancient languages? Look at the bat, it looks like a "flying rodent" and behaves like one even. I am not the one saying that the bible is scientific, but the bible calls bats birds. Birds and bats are far more different than "flying rodent."
Actually some of them do resemble rodents , but they do not act like rodents at all. Bats are specific eaters , most a insectivores , while a few are strictly fruit eaters and one strictly a vampire.
Rodents are scavengers and are really efficient at it living alongside man. But bats truly do not need man at all to survive,
except for him to stop destroying some of their habitats threatening them with extinction.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508753 Jun 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually some of them do resemble rodents , but they do not act like rodents at all. Bats are specific eaters , most a insectivores , while a few are strictly fruit eaters and one strictly a vampire.
Rodents are scavengers and are really efficient at it living alongside man. But bats truly do not need man at all to survive,
except for him to stop destroying some of their habitats threatening them with extinction.
But they are incontinent like rodents, live communally, and prefer dark places. It's a stretch, just not as much of a stretch as bat to bird.:p

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508755 Jun 10, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>What is "wrong not matter what"? That does not even make sense to a flying rodent.
We are clear in your reinforcement of your indoctrination of being a fool, so logic even in its simplest form evades you.
Your attempts to repost nonsense from HFY have failed again.
You are wrong no matter what, period.
If you had tried to post a link, you never would have posted that stupidity about bats being flying rodents.
No wonder you deny intelligent design, you demonstrate no intelligence. First, get the intelligence, then you will get the realize that it came from intelligent design. So simple and yet you are so clueless.
I am flattered you accuse me of copying HFY, but these are all my words, typos and all.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#508756 Jun 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
So you are saying that we shouldn't judge Hitler too?
Atheists use the No true Scotsman fallacy when Christians deny Hitler was Christian.
Think about what the discussion was, I was pointing out the obvious flaws in the bible that were simply due to a huge lack of understanding, and people claim it's an "inspired" book. If something is inspired as a method for teaching then it should contain information not known at the time, and that information would have to be correct otherwise it is useless.
It does. Look at Jewish laws regarding cleanliness, dietary laws, healthy sexual practices. All these while the nations around them lived almost opposite.
Other civilizations older than the one that wrote the bible got many of these simple facts right, or at least more accurate, yet the bible is full of so many points that are just obviously incorrect even to a lay-person.
I think critics are hyper critical and fact selective to the extreme. i know you put big stock and trade of the bats/birds thing and the rabbits thing and it is nothing new and has been responded to earlier. Others use Mark 5:30-32 about the mustard seed being the smallest seed. They ignore the fact the mustard seed was the smallest seed relative to his audience. Was not intended to provide a lesson on plant development and growth. But was regarding th kingdom of God and using a mustard seed as an example and which was known to His audience. The critic ignores all that and injects his knowledge about that into an ancient text and concludes a flaw. The only flaw evident is the critics reasoning and bias.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#508758 Jun 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But they are incontinent like rodents, live communally, and prefer dark places. It's a stretch, just not as much of a stretch as bat to bird.:p
Neither insects or birds have four legs like the Bible claims. Only bats. Thus only certain species of bat are Kosher. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#508759 Jun 10, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Atheists use the No true Scotsman fallacy when Christians deny Hitler was Christian......
You have that assbackwards, moron.

The evidence shows that Hitler was a Catholic.
Your Christian apologetics use the "only true Scotsman" fallacy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#508761 Jun 10, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>....I write poetry and I am a poet laureate......
What does that have to do with anything except that you basically do nothing with your life ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#508763 Jun 10, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Still no link. I don't blame you. Please explain how hair color is a mutation, since you are saying that at one time hair had no color.
Now, if you are saying that red hair color was due to mutation from what was commonly black and brown hair, that is altogether different.
Acquired (or somatic) mutations occur in the DNA of individual cells at some time during a person’s life. These changes can be caused by environmental factors such as ultraviolet radiation from the sun, or can occur if a mistake is made as DNA copies itself during cell division. Acquired mutations in somatic cells (cells other than sperm and egg cells) cannot be passed on to the next generation.
Mutations may also occur in a single cell within an early embryo. As all the cells divide during growth and development, the individual will have some cells with the mutation and some cells without the genetic change. This situation is called mosaicism.
Some genetic changes are very rare; others are common in the population. Genetic changes that occur in more than 1 percent of the population are called polymorphisms. They are common enough to be considered a normal variation in the DNA. Polymorphisms are responsible for many of the normal differences between people such as eye color, hair color, and blood type. Although many polymorphisms have no negative effects on a person’s health, some of these variations may influence the risk of developing certain disorders.
(no link provided, to the no-linker, Koder)
The only mutations that count in evolution are those that are in the sperm and egg that survive to reproduce.
Your skin and other cells don't matter at all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#508764 Jun 10, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely, the mustard seed story never states that it is the smallest seed....
"It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest seed you plant in the ground." Mark 4:31

You idiots don't even know your own Bible!

You constantly prove your religion is a made up pack of lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 64,199
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Liamm 654,208
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min who 281,904
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Toby 106,560
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 27 min Catcher1 9,376
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 36 min ImFree2Choose 2,590
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 44 min Tony 44
More from around the web