Location hidden

#507577 Jun 6, 2012

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#507578 Jun 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Minister of Truth is psycho Chunky Punky ..
.. it's just a game for him ..
.. he enjoys hurting people ..
I guess that those folks jsut can't understand why they were banned to begin with.

Let's help them out:

- always mean to other posters with insults and belittling
- always arrogant
- would rather not research than to understand

Unfortunately, when they do get banned, they always come back more pissed at the other posters, because they got banned.

My suggestions to those folks

- live in love, you will be a better person.
- examine yourself of your own faults and "daemons" and you will also better understand that which others talk about
- research what has been presented - both sides ofthe story, not just the ones men want you to abide by
- understand that you get to make the choices you do, not "God" not another poster. For this is where you will find the understanding that is required to live in love.

Good luck!

Albuquerque, NM

#507579 Jun 6, 2012
msrplaisir wrote:
There is no proof; that's why they call it faith.
Correct.

If only others can be just as honest as you.

The world would be a much better place if honesty took the front lines, instead of "faith".

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#507580 Jun 6, 2012
http://scitechdaily.com/puzzling-radiation-bu...

"The increase of 14C is clear enough that the scientists, led by lead author Fusa Miyake, a cosmic-ray physicist at Nagoya University in Japan, had to conclude that the atmospheric level of 14C may have jumped by 1.2% over the course of one year, which is about 20 times more than the normal levels."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dati...

"The need for calibration
Calibration curve for the radiocarbon dating scale. Data sources: Stuiver et al.(1998).[14] Samples with a real date more recent than AD 1950 are dated and/or tracked using the N- & S-Hemisphere graphs. See following figure.
Atmospheric 14C, New Zealand[15] and Austria.[16] The New Zealand curve is representative for the Southern Hemisphere, the Austrian curve is representative for the Northern Hemisphere. Atmospheric nuclear weapon tests almost doubled the concentration of 14C in the Northern Hemisphere.[17]

Dates may be expressed as either uncalibrated or calibrated years (the latter abbreviated as cal or cal.). A raw BP date cannot be used directly as a calendar date, because the level of atmospheric 14C has not been strictly constant during the span of time that can be radiocarbon dated. The level is affected by variations in the cosmic ray intensity which is in turn affected by variations in the Earth's magnetosphere.[18] In addition, there are substantial reservoirs of carbon in organic matter, the ocean, ocean sediments (see methane hydrate), and sedimentary rocks. Changes in the Earth's climate can affect the carbon flows between these reservoirs and the atmosphere, leading to changes in the atmosphere's 14C fraction. As the graph to the right shows, there is an overstatement of the age of the sample of nearly 1000 years in an uncalibrated dating of 7000 BP.

Aside from these changes due to natural processes, the level has also been affected by human activities. From the beginning of the industrial revolution in the 18th century to the 1950s, the fractional level of 14C decreased because of the admixture of large quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere, due to the excavated oil reserves and combustion production of fossil fuel. This decline is known as the Suess effect, and also affects the 13C isotope. However, atmospheric 14C was almost doubled during the 1950s and 1960s due to atmospheric atomic bomb tests.[19]"
Anonymous

Fullerton, CA

#507581 Jun 6, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Attack-attack-attack...is that all you so-called "Christians" can do.
Always pointing the finger, but never really investigating what you point at or backing up the finger you point.
I've marked you clueless.
By the way - GoJudas - if you were looking to read it - here it is....ponder upon the wealth of knowledge Jesus puts forth, if you can.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
oF COURSE, GOJudas is part of the gay archives of defending the choice to be gay.
Yes, you are marked as clueless, since now you propagated the Evil of Judas. Too funny.

Your claims have all been investigate and laughed at long ago. How did I know that your next attempt would be the Evil of Judas.

Do you think you are the first turnip to fall off the truck.

You can not comprehend one word from God's Word, the Holy Bible, so you sere born clueless, educated clueless and now you live to die clueless. God job, satan has trained you well.

Next you will be quoting things from www.evilbible.ga y
Anonymous

Fullerton, CA

#507582 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Correct.
If only others can be just as honest as you.
The world would be a much better place if honesty took the front lines, instead of "faith".
Wrong, clueless one. But, without faith it is impossible to believe. Believe and you receive. When you have received, there is no need for that faith. When you have faith, you will then come to see. I thought you said you knew the Bible.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Do you know what substance and evidence are? Well, obviously you do not.

But, we do see that Thomas did see.

John 20:24-29

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Appears to Thomas

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them,“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas,“Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him,“My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#507584 Jun 6, 2012
weeblesdowobble wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst behavior in Christianity today stems from misunderstanding among those who consider themselves as "completed Christians."
The "completed Christian" is a person who believes they know, beyond reproof, all that is needed to be assured eternal life, but yet they don't "practice" what they profess to "know."
To be Christian is to realize that all human beings are worthy of equality, respect, and dignity; and to realize that the Christian's spiritual journey is a constant lifelong process of both learning and doing.
What I see here is not mainstream Christianity. What I see here in general, is the fringe of fundamentalist extremism which is the most misrepresented view of Christianity in the world today. It is this extremism that is mistakenly perceived as the norm, and gives justification to the apprehension of the non-believing person. Fundamentalist extremism in any context, be it political, religious, educational, is a very dangerous adversary to the original purposes of the God we claim to follow.
I agree

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#507586 Jun 6, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
By you rather unfair advantage as a lesbian you seem to have a rather disproportionate power over the females on this site, much to the regret of those of us who are not female, and appreciate females. I mourn that a little bit, but I think I will manage it.
I wouldn't say she has power over the females...we just like her
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#507587 Jun 6, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
like i'm gonna have a serious conversation with someone who has a feces fetish???
You're full of feces for jesus, dimwit.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#507588 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for this world we live in, so-called "Christians" think it does.
It really is sort of sad to see people act like those individuals - always repeating a certain passage, "because they like it", and then thinking it is the "word of God", when it is actuallyt he words of men.
The time will come soon - Christianity is on its last leg of a long fought journey. The world will be a better place.
But it is the word of God, because the Bible said it is, and the Bible was inspired by God, and God wouldn't have inspired the Bible if He didn't exist, now would He? So that proves it.

The Bible is self-proving and has stood the test of time - I really struggle with that one. What exactly was that test that the Bible withstood? The book we call the Bible was put together less than 2000 years ago, and in terms of the age of man or the age of the earth, that is pretty much like yesterday, so it really hasn't had much time to disappear since so many people have been indoctrinated to think it is something out of the ordinary, which, of course, it isn't.

Likely most of the printings and most of the readings have occurred only in the last hundred years, since the earth's population has tripled just in my lifetime, and several organizations have made it their goal to fill every nook and cranny with a Bible regardless if anyone ever reads it.

Good grief, I see that it was just in April this year that one large school board in Ontario banned the distribution of Bibles to grade 5 students in public schools in its district. I was not aware that they have been still distributed in schools here, though they certainly were when I was in grade 5 (about 55 years ago). I still have my Gideon New Testament somewhere in a box somewhere in this room.

“Bringing the Paranoia !!”

Since: Oct 11

MY hometown is YOUR Hometown

#507589 Jun 6, 2012
after reading some of these posts it is CLEAR that many of you do not have a life. what a shame to spend so much time on topix.com .

LOG OFF and stop living your life through an on-line forum lmbo...

>:^P

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#507590 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you have not studied what I express. You do not know the langauge and you have no idea. It is not what I express, it is what I live and witness.
Sorry, in order for you to say it is fabricate, a lie, you would have to be a witness to my life. You simply need it to be a lie, because the evidence is not found in your life.
You know, your delusion is weak, I do not need the Bible to confirm God at this atage in my life. God confirm Himself and he confirms the Bible. I see a lot of the same stories in my life time that were told in the Bible.
I can take the Bible teachings and write the same Bible based on today. That is the point that you all cannot open your eyes to see.
Sorry, I know many who have spoken to God directly and whom God has spoken to and I ma one of them. God taught me this long ago, when He would have me pray for people that I had not met and then I would meet them and they would tell me that they had prayed.
My brother was led to pray for some one and a gang banger who was going to kill this person. It was deep and the kind of prayer that will knock you to your knees.
That night my brother was at the ATM and qang banger walked up to him and put a gun to his head and robbed him. The guy was going to kill him, to make a long story short, the guy took the money because my brother told him to take it since he needed it, but the guy did not shoot him and left in tears.
No, you are confused and God still has not led me to evangelize you. You are not on the list, I guess no sincere prayers. I do not expect to evangelize any here. If so, God will send them, I will not have to seek them.
God has told all, Seek and you will find, seek nothing and you find nothing. Sorry, to disappoint you.
Why do you accuse me of not being a Christian, if you perceive that I insult, unless you see being a Christian as a good thing?
Trust me, to be an atheist you must either be seeking God or be a hypocrite. If you think that is an insult, belittling, etc. and the TRUTH makes you feel little, then yes I belittle, but maybe jsut maybe your small size is a reflection of you next to God. I too am very small next to God, but it is just that I know it and I am not afraid of God's truth.
Your truth for me and all is this, we will die and become dirt for dirt farmers and pigs to waddle in and we will be lost to our loved ones forever. I often wonder why do you atheists cry and yearn for something that you claim is just dirt. Gosh, go out and dig up some dirt and put it in a jar, two of them and call it mom and dad. You won't because, you truly believe that there has to be a God and something better, you just can't figure out how.
NOW WAS I HARSH, OR WAS I TRUE!
I wade through a few of your posts attempting to see some train of thought to get an idea about what exactly you talk about, but I seem not to get it. I suspect, and am likely correct, that there is no train of thought. You just ramble off whatever comes to mind, and even if it blows your own beliefs completely out of the water you speak them anyway.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#507591 Jun 6, 2012
PartyPooper II wrote:
after reading some of these posts it is CLEAR that many of you do not have a life. what a shame to spend so much time on topix.com .
LOG OFF and stop living your life through an on-line forum lmbo...
>:^P
I know what you're thinking.
"Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.
But being as this is a .44 Magnum,
the most powerful handgun in the world,
and would blow your head clean off,
you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?"
Well, do ya, punk?
DoctorCrapForBra ins

Livermore, CA

#507592 Jun 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're thinking.
"Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.
But being as this is a .44 Magnum,
the most powerful handgun in the world,
and would blow your head clean off,
you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?"
Well, do ya, punk?
Great scenne isn't it! LOL,Classic! But it needs a little updating on the weapon! The 50 cal. desert eagle is now the most powerful handgun in the world! I know lets ask that black hearted evil faux KKKristian Dr. crap for brains!

Albuquerque, NM

#507593 Jun 6, 2012
Minister of Truth 1 wrote:
<quoted text>oF COURSE, GOJudas is part of the gay archives of defending the choice to be gay.
As for statement of "part of the gay archives"
- you will need to provide a link to such archives, because I have never heard of it.
- Are you saying Jesus was gay, because the book is nothing but Jesus speaking.

I've noticed you sure talk about the aspect of "being gay" awfully a lot.

Homophobic, I take it.

Hmmm....

Your frustration over it can end, but it requires your effort more than anything.
<quoted text>Yes, you are marked as clueless, since now you propagated the Evil of Judas. Too funny.
"the evil of Judas"

Let's test your hypothesis.

Jesus says in GoJudas to Judas, knowing that Jesus selected his faithful follower to help him achieve the message you preach today:

"but you will exceed all of them. For you will sacrificed the man that clothes me."

- sounds like Jesus is thanking him.
- Are you calling Jesus evil now?
<quoted text>Your claims have all been investigate and laughed at long ago.

Only by those who refuse to seek out the answers that frustrates them.
<quoted text>
How did I know that your next attempt would be the Evil of Judas.
I make no attempt to promote any sort of "evil".

It appears to me [and possibly others], that you are the only one talking about "being evil".

If you dwell in evil, you will become evil.
<quoted text>Do you think you are the first turnip to fall off the truck.
Why do you make up things like this about people?

Are you that hateful, you need to insult someone in order for them to like you or love.

So sad. I hope you find a better path in life.
<quoted text>You can not comprehend one word from God's Word, the Holy Bible, so you sere born clueless, educated clueless and now you live to die clueless.

Wrong.
<quoted text>God job, satan has trained you well.
Incorrect again.

BTW - "Satan" is a construct of men, to scare them. You've been duped.
<quoted text>Next you will be quoting things from www.evilbible.ga y
I'm sorry, are you saying there is an "evil bible" that offsets the Bible?

I'm beginning to think you really don't know much about your religion. You really are trapped, huh?

A public library is always a wonderful place to go to to learn about hate and even racism. I know Jesus never spoke about racism, so you must not be "Christian".

Yep just a troll.

Thanks for responding.

Albuquerque, NM

#507594 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>Wrong, clueless one. But, without faith it is impossible to believe. Believe and you receive. When you have received, there is no need for that faith. When you have faith, you will then come to see. I thought you said you knew the Bible.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Do you know what substance and evidence are? Well, obviously you do not.
But, we do see that Thomas did see.
John 20:24-29
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them,“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas,“Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him,“My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Just more hate. You really shouldn't let all this build up within you, because it will destroy you from the inside.

Have you thought about seeing a therapist for these delusions?

You probably haven't, because you don't think you need it, huh?

Hang in there, someone will try to help.

Live in love, and oh yeah - so what your "Paul" said to do - "examine yourself".

Do you think you can?

Albuquerque, NM

#507595 Jun 6, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is the word of God, because the Bible said it is, and the Bible was inspired by God, and God wouldn't have inspired the Bible if He didn't exist, now would He? So that proves it.
The Bible is self-proving and has stood the test of time - I really struggle with that one. What exactly was that test that the Bible withstood? The book we call the Bible was put together less than 2000 years ago, and in terms of the age of man or the age of the earth, that is pretty much like yesterday, so it really hasn't had much time to disappear since so many people have been indoctrinated to think it is something out of the ordinary, which, of course, it isn't.
Likely most of the printings and most of the readings have occurred only in the last hundred years, since the earth's population has tripled just in my lifetime, and several organizations have made it their goal to fill every nook and cranny with a Bible regardless if anyone ever reads it.
Good grief, I see that it was just in April this year that one large school board in Ontario banned the distribution of Bibles to grade 5 students in public schools in its district. I was not aware that they have been still distributed in schools here, though they certainly were when I was in grade 5 (about 55 years ago). I still have my Gideon New Testament somewhere in a box somewhere in this room.
So men are not fallible? Please answer why you think they aren't, because in a literal sense of your statement above, you;ve basically claimed this is your "proof" of "God".

a. "God" inspired men to write the texts
- this could also be considered thoughts generated by one's mind - Self.
b. Men wrote the text - action Self
c. Men chose what texts to use - action Self
d. Men utilize the texts decided upon by men - action Self

Wow - imagine that - all have to do with Self, and not "God".

Wanna try another perspective?
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#507596 Jun 6, 2012
IMO, Thomas is older than the four NT gospels. In fact, many of those sayings were utilized by the authors of the NT gospels.
Then they would have mentioned it. They did not.
Are you against women making themselves male in order to enter the kingdom?
Women do not have to make themselves male to enter the kingdom of God. There is nothing inherently wrong with being female
Example - when we all die, we all supposedly become Spirit - men and women. Are you against women becoming Spirit?
Not against women.
Correct, but he does correct him with stating Mary is just as worthy as he.
Then He does not have make them male as the text explicitly states.
You'll need to get past your anti-woman mentality that has been within Christianity since its onset, in order to understand this.
An accusation.
Yes, Jesus does encourage equality.
By making them male according to your Gospel of Thomas.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#507597 Jun 6, 2012
boooots wrote:
The Bible is self-proving and has stood the test of time - I really struggle with that one. What exactly was that test that the Bible withstood? The book we call the Bible was put together less than 2000 years ago, and in terms of the age of man or the age of the earth, that is pretty much like yesterday,
Human history goes back maybe 5000 years? Then disappears. If Homo Sapians have been around for 200,000 years why did it take then 195,000 years to learn how to start recording things?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#507598 Jun 6, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koran has stood the test of time.

Buddhism has stood the test of time.

Confucianism has stood the test of time.

Hinduism has stood the test of time.

So?

And, yes, the Gideons should not be able to hand out Bibles at school. In school, religious books are only for scholarly analysis, not religious indoctrination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Regina 653,947
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 63,869
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Pegasus 281,863
Seeking Females in kent 33 min Villain77 1
forex enigma free download 49 min amazon9 1
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr gundee123 796
Watching wife with others 1 hr Crazy hubby 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Lbj 106,491
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 12 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web