Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#487755 Apr 21, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am quite fond of both:
Funny thing,...I did her.
Between her first and second marriage.
Made her feel like a natural woman, she said. I told her she should write a song about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Gi3cOw5iJ10XX
You said it best..."funny thing"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#487756 Apr 21, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>what do you intend with the word purpose.

and can you demonstrate the possession of that attribute.

what do you mean - right micro second
You know.

Not the wrong one.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#487757 Apr 21, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. Legalize, standardize, and tax, like tobacco and alcohol.
In addition to the revenue, think of the savings involved by emptying the jails of drug offenders and the elimination of crime associated with bootleg drugs.

Now, about all those churches...
But unemployment would skyrocket with all the out of work LEO's.

They'd have to get real jobs.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#487758 Apr 21, 2012
karl44 wrote:
you are either uneducated or a liar
either way why would anyone bother
Thanks for demonstrating the "either/or" limitations of atheist intellect. I spent so many wasted years employing this type of thinking. For me it was "either" this "or" it was that. I didn't understand that this is also "black/white" thinking. Then I discovered that the words "both/and" can be used within a given context.

An 8 oz. measuring cup can hold 4 oz. of water. So is it half full "or" half empty? Both views could be correct, but only half correct. I can also say that it's "both" half full "and" half empty and thereby be completely correct.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#487759 Apr 21, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But unemployment would skyrocket with all the out of work LEO's.
They'd have to get real jobs.
Not necessarily a bad thing, either.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#487760 Apr 21, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, very silly of you.

You aren't quite "finally getting" it, though.

Your gross error above is in using sexuality as your example. Sexuality is an identity - based on the cultural constructions of sex, gender and sex acts. A purely physical thing, since mind is brain.

For example, Western culture divides its sexualities into two: homo and hetero. It's b/c Western culture is a binary culture with regards to sex and gender and so has great difficulty with grey areas (like you do).

Men are defined in opposition to women; men are the dichotomous opposites of women. Since you aren't specific with language, dichotomy means "unequal binary relationship." Men are "superior" to women, held to a higher degree. Men are made, women are born. Women are "naturally mothers" and, as Pokey pointed out, "naturally less sexual" etc., etc. These are all cultural constructions.

Hetero/homo works the same way - it's a dichotomous relationship, with hetero being the hegemonic ("better" mainstream) and homo being the inferior.

Anyways, the gender "men" is expected to fall in love and have sex with only women. Women, too, but not so strongly - hence showing women-women sex and relationships and nakedness is not a big deal on American TV, but two guys screwing, wow, bad!

My point? Sexuality is an identity. That involves enculturation. Mind is brain; the entire process I just described is all neuroscience, all brain. There's no soul, spirit, past lives - all fantasies of yours, I know. But one's sexuality feel perfectly normal and natural to individuals - their sexuality is normal. Like religion, only the one you have is normal. They can't imagine what having another one would be like - and this is entirely a biological state.

And that is exactly like spirituality. It is encultured and learned - imprinted on the brain. That's why you believe the stuff you believe, find questions like "is there a god" compelling and why you don't think, when your arm hurts, "my chi is out of alignment, I'll meditate and take a magical mixture of herbs to correct that." That's why you don't find discussions of how zen and kata work all that interesting.

It's why you take comfort in your Discovery Institute knowledge, why your beliefs can be traced to historical transformations of Christian traditions and philosophy and why you get so angry when questioned about them.

Your consciousness is a small part of you brain, most of which is going on without your awareness. Your spirituality is just an adaptive response, like pleasure. It exists to give you an otherworldly experience, so that you can relate to those in your in-group, have shared experiences and shared understandings of how the world works.

You are evolved to do this. You are not evolved to understand yourself. And you, Buck, haven't raised above this. You are doing exactly as you, a human being, is programmed to do. You're base. You don't understand. You just act - that's why you're violent, sexist, racist and think homosexuals are less than you.

It saddens me that you can't be better than that, but hey, it's not your fault. That's just who you are.
If I could, I would give you a standing ovation.

Well, I could, but I think people would look at me funny.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#487761 Apr 21, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did it.
And nobody has claimed that a man raping a girl is NOT a heterosexual act.
If they did, I would disagree, because they would be stupid.
The claim from Hiding is that a man raping a boy is not a homosexual act.
I disagree, because it's stupid.
.. words carry emotions, memories and evoke strong feelings ..

.. as a word glutton, it seems you enjoy thinking outside of the box. That is creativity in motion. That is good ..

.. playing semantics is a game of sorts. Some are better at it than others. You do it quite well, gain an advantage ..

.. there comes a time when everyone must be reminded of what is at stake, what's important ..

.. by matching homosexuality or heterosexuality with pedophilia you create a false link. A pedophile requires a child for sexual gratification. A pedophile rarely experiences sexual desire for adults of either gender, heterosexuals and homosexual do ..

.. child molestation is an act of control, violence and exploitation. Sex between consenting adults is not ..

.. to understand pedophilia, we must remove all prejudice and study the evidence empirically. Playing semantics only damages the scientific process ..

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#487762 Apr 21, 2012
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
yes thought i'd picked that up.. as a Man U fan..(?)it's pretty par for the course.. The feelings mutual..!
..you'd like to see Messi change teams..?
Well, I love Messi - he is a great. A legend's legend, and is rightfully considered as one of the (perhaps the sole?) greatest ever. However, if you do some research on the man, and you get his backstory, you will find that he will never, ever leave Barca, as they funded his medical procedures for the illness/disorder he suffered from.

#487763 Apr 21, 2012
atheists_worst_nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeshua and Yahweh are together as a part of the Trinity.
All 3 are components of God.
How does that work, btw?

God has 3 heads?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#487764 Apr 21, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
If something smells funny, it's the never ending BS steaming off of you, bucky.
The fact remains, the word Hel/hell didn't exist until 700+ years after the bible was written and it's meaning had nothing to do with christianity.
Again, why would you let facts get in the way of your idiocy?
Thank you, FOJ!

All your posts, very nice.

#487765 Apr 21, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Her son is about the same.
Keep sending those positive vibes, amigo!

Some stable somewhere

#487766 Apr 21, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I now see that you are a retard. I am sorry for my unkind words to you, you deserve a doggy biscut.
He's also dishonest. You may want to save that biscuit.

Some stable somewhere

#487767 Apr 21, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could, I would give you a standing ovation.
Well, I could, but I think people would look at me funny.
Thank you Aero!

I'm a bit ashamed of the grammar errors, but otherwise, yeah, I do pretty good drunk :)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#487768 Apr 21, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Booooots, if I can just step in here for a bit, just as a commentary.
My MA dissertation research - published - was on homosexual men in Tokyo. As you can imagine, that was quite difficult for me, not being like them in so many ways. And some gay bars in Tokyo say "No women." So I couldn't go everywhere.
While doing this research, lots of people and, shockingly, scholars, asked me if I was gay. Over and over. And people on here - a few, anyways - ask me if I'm gay.
I never answer. I never confirm or deny that. When I'm giving professional conferences and people ask, I ask them if they're trying to pick me up.
I expect more from scholars, of course, but why do you need to start with "I'm not gay"?
The reason is because Crip is using that as an insult - by replying to him with "oh, no, you're mistaken, I'm not gay" you're giving power to his insult. Your sexuality is spectacularly inconsequential to your arguments, thinking, writing. If you are arguing well, that is what counts.
Sure, biases may tell us why you are arguing a certain point - but your sexuality isn't going to change the quality of your argument. That's going to come from education and ability to express oneself, rationalize, etc. Not from who you want to screw.
So the reason I never answer that question, unless someone wants to date me, is because I find it demeaning to homosexuals. the person asking clearly has biases with regards to gays and needs to categorize people so that s/he feels superior. Well screw that! They've already lowered themselves by being so primitive.

Great point. I think because I don't know this crip (at least from that name), I wanted to make it clear that my opinion of gays is not from the perspective of a gay person but from a heterosexual person who despises homophobia.

I hope I reacted to what you were trying to tell me, and didn't let your very good post go completely through my aging brain without hitting any live cells.

I like to joke around about age and other conditions of life, but I don't really think I am old (if I don't look in a mirror I usually think I am still a young person who feels rather foolish in the company of his elders (some of which are chronologically younger than me).

But your point is well taken. I need to not try to qualify or justify my post by my disclaimers.

Sadly I did not obtain a masters though my first wife, and my two children all have post-graduate degrees (two with masters and one with medical doctorate).

#487769 Apr 21, 2012
atheists_worst_nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for demonstrating the "either/or" limitations of atheist intellect. I spent so many wasted years employing this type of thinking. For me it was "either" this "or" it was that. I didn't understand that this is also "black/white" thinking. Then I discovered that the words "both/and" can be used within a given context.
An 8 oz. measuring cup can hold 4 oz. of water. So is it half full "or" half empty? Both views could be correct, but only half correct. I can also say that it's "both" half full "and" half empty and thereby be completely correct.
Your cup analogy is open for interpretation.

The truth is not.

Some stable somewhere

#487770 Apr 21, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. words carry emotions, memories and evoke strong feelings ..
.. as a word glutton, it seems you enjoy thinking outside of the box. That is creativity in motion. That is good ..
.. playing semantics is a game of sorts. Some are better at it than others. You do it quite well, gain an advantage ..
.. there comes a time when everyone must be reminded of what is at stake, what's important ..
.. by matching homosexuality or heterosexuality with pedophilia you create a false link. A pedophile requires a child for sexual gratification. A pedophile rarely experiences sexual desire for adults of either gender, heterosexuals and homosexual do ..
.. child molestation is an act of control, violence and exploitation. Sex between consenting adults is not ..
.. to understand pedophilia, we must remove all prejudice and study the evidence empirically. Playing semantics only damages the scientific process ..
You said it better than I did!

Utterly agree with you and I'd like to add that damage was everything Bucky was aiming for. Damage to homosexuals, damage to reason - and damage to me, out of envy.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#487771 Apr 21, 2012
CRIP BUSTERS wrote:
<quoted text>DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBBBBB!
wow, you are trying to compare depression with pedophilia.
Both pedophilia, homosexuality, necrophilia and bestiality are mental disorders, and until you can identify what separates homosexuality from the pack I will just call it B.S.
Shut up, 40% of the APA members who voted said the same thing. Over 5000 members dropped out of the APA due to the gay agenda. The World Health Organization in 1980, said no to the nonsense. The WHO represents 190 countries, the APA only represents one.
When your brain grows up, come back and debate.
I can't imagine that you're older than, say, 15. 16 at the most.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#487772 Apr 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The ancient Hebrew definition of "soul" isn't what you think it is.
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/emagazine/012.h...
It simply means the entirety of you, body, mind and your life force/spark. That's why the ancients used soul so freely in describing all conscious entities. Its original meaning was not implying some "ghostly" spirit force but only each, separate "being/entity/life/existe nce".
Your source says "separable from the body at death."

Can't get into that.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#487773 Apr 21, 2012

Hermosa Beach, CA

#487774 Apr 21, 2012
Off to the gym.
El Clasico later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 670,531
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Farting Hillary 101,153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 286,470
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 25 min modell299 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
More from around the web