Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#475636 Mar 22, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon. It would be a hoot.
I don't know what you look like, but whatever, can you imagine the three of us walkin' into a bar? Would that get some stares?
...no silk soccer bloomers, though. Hell no.
I get stares from the ladies.

Nanoanomaly is going to jump on me for that.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#475637 Mar 22, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon. It would be a hoot.
I don't know what you look like, but whatever, can you imagine the three of us walkin' into a bar? Would that get some stares?
...no silk soccer bloomers, though. Hell no.
Back to real sports...

Who will be in the Final Four after this weekend?

Who will win it?

A New Orleans Saints coach offered me two luxury box seats for the Final Four.

...had to turn them down.

“"Look deep into my eye"”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#475638 Mar 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no.
Not Goober.
No way.
I think Goober would be quite the chick magnet, those California girls would be all over him...LOL. Or maybe Al could tag along and
then you and the Buckmeister would have some competition...just a
suggestion... a friend of mine who's in an oldies band (and getting up there himself ) said Cal.girls are pretty snobby and only want your money... Is that true ,Catcher?

Fremont, CA

#475639 Mar 22, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to real sports...
Who will be in the Final Four after this weekend?
Who will win it?
A New Orleans Saints coach offered me two luxury box seats for the Final Four.
...had to turn them down.
You mean a FORMER Saints coach.

Fremont, CA

#475640 Mar 22, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Goober would be quite the chick magnet, those California girls would be all over him...LOL. Or maybe Al could tag along and
then you and the Buckmeister would have some competition...just a
suggestion... a friend of mine who's in an oldies band (and getting up there himself ) said Cal.girls are pretty snobby and only want your money... Is that true ,Catcher?
The Beach Boys were right, there are no girls like California girls.

Women from other places say the California girls are snobby, but that's just their envy showing.

Nanoanomaly is going to spank me for this post.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#475641 Mar 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting to be as stubborn as Yellodog; and Buck.
What would it take for you to accept that Messi is the best on the planet?
Messi, going to the premier league, and scoring 40 in a season.

#475642 Mar 22, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure if I had one, it would be sucked off by now.
Yep. It certainly makes sense.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#475643 Mar 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviation not known for it's pay??
I thought pilot makes a heeluva lot?
Not until you make it to the major airlines, and it takes thousands of hours logged to even be considered.

Until you get those, you build your hours instructing for, if you're lucky-and good-$25 an hour.

You pay your own way all the way to the instructor certificate, which takes several hundred hours and multiple ratings and type certifcates.

I doubt many pilots got into it for the money. They got into it for the love of flying.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#475644 Mar 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviation not known for it's pay??
I thought pilot makes a heeluva lot?
You CAN make a small fortune in aviation.

But only if you start with a large one.

Fremont, CA

#475645 Mar 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Messi, going to the premier league, and scoring 40 in a season.
Or proof that there's a god?

You ask the impossible.
olobit

Murray, KY

#475646 Mar 22, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
has nothing to do with anyone being perfect..........NO ONE is perfect except Christ.
it has everything to do with obeying God.
and you people seem to think unless the world condones, and tollerates sin... we are casting stones.
we are not called to condone sin but to rebuke it.
"and do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what that is good and acceptable and perfect will OF GOD." Romans 12:2
we are told that open rebuke is far better than hidden love because loving in truth is what Jesus taught.
the bible warns us
"WOE unto them that call evil good and good evil..."
i am not casting stones.
i am telling you what the bible says about the issues at hand
and what God has instructed concerning them.
if you were not so busy trying to make it about me so you can find fault, you MIGHT understand that.
the renewing of your mind? surely you're not suggesting the bible has any thing to do with SELF and self-awareness and enlightenment..

thou shalt have no other gods before me = self.

Revelation 2:5
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

you open the book and god speaks. you close the book and god shuts up.

you don't think you have a hand in any of this?

did INFINITE ONE stop speaking for you when the council of nicea chose the books of "your" word of god = the bible?

ou had me several years ago
When I was still quite naive
Well, you said that we made such a pretty pair
And that you would never leave
But you gave away the things you loved
And one of them was me
I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and

You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

carly simon

Revelation 10:1
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven,
#######
clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head,
#######
and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#475647 Mar 22, 2012
it ain't the same here without kait chew'n my ass off......:(

#475649 Mar 22, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You CAN make a small fortune in aviation.
But only if you start with a large one.
Is it really that bad?

#475650 Mar 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or proof that there's a god?
You ask the impossible.
Messi said that God sent him to earth to play football.

Ronaldo says that he did not send anyone

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#475651 Mar 22, 2012
Rational Anti-Theist wrote:
I left Pomona almost two years ago and prefer anti-theist to atheist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

An antitheist is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "One opposed to belief in the existence of a god." The earliest citation given for this meaning is from 1833. An antitheist may be opposed to belief in the existence of any god or gods, and not merely one in particular.

Antitheism has been adopted as a label by those who take the view that theism is dangerous or destructive. One example of this view is demonstrated in Letters to a Young Contrarian (2001), in which Christopher Hitchens writes: "I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful."[1]

As a side note, it should be known that Christopher Hitchens became an atheist and then an anti-theist after his mother committed suicide along with her lover, a *former* Anglican clergyman. Hitchens was never able to differentiate between the act and the persons committing the act. In his grief, he turned against God and all organized religion because of the association of the late mother's boyfriend to theistic beliefs.
Because he was never able to reconcile the tragic loss, he became psychologically unstable and lashed out against God.
Most, but not all anti-theists harbor animosity because of traumatic events that they haven't been able to properly reconcile, and as a result, are usually more extremist in in their behaviors. Some psychologists are of the professional opinion that anti-theists aren't really atheists but more accurately could be said to be Misotheists. That is, they hate God so much that they actually attempt to "deny God right out of existence." This is a form of self directed brainwashing, and can be just as troubling and destructive as brainwashing ourselves to believe that we are Batman or the Tooth-Fairy.

From my brief limited observation, your posts are either a charade for shock effect, or you may need some intensive counseling.
bai suzhen

Murray, KY

#475652 Mar 22, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
has nothing to do with anyone being perfect..........NO ONE is perfect except Christ.
it has everything to do with obeying God.
and you people seem to think unless the world condones, and tollerates sin... we are casting stones.
we are not called to condone sin but to rebuke it.
"and do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what that is good and acceptable and perfect will OF GOD." Romans 12:2
we are told that open rebuke is far better than hidden love because loving in truth is what Jesus taught.
the bible warns us
"WOE unto them that call evil good and good evil..."
i am not casting stones.
i am telling you what the bible says about the issues at hand
and what God has instructed concerning them.
if you were not so busy trying to make it about me so you can find fault, you MIGHT understand that.
only the ABSOLUTE is perfect. jesus wasn't the absolute; otherwise he wouldn't have kept quoting himself as you believe he does.

you ain't seen nothing yet?

jesus refers to himself as a prophet and nothing more.

Matthew 13:57
And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A ####prophet#### is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

the followers count him as a prophet

Matthew 14:5
And when he would have put him to death, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a ####prophet.####

those who sought his life refer to him as a prophet

Matthew 21:46
But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a ####prophet.####

again jesus refers to himself as a prophet

Mark 6:4
But Jesus, said unto them, A ####prophet#### is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

and again

Luke 4:24
And he said, Verily I say unto you, No ####prophet#### is accepted in his own country.

and again the people refer to him as a prophet

Luke 7:16
And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a ####great prophet#### is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

and a woman calls him a prophet

John 4:19
The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a ####prophet.####

and again jesus proclaims himself a prophet

John 4:44
For Jesus himself testified, that a ####prophet#### hath no honour in his own country.

and again the followers call him a prophet

John 6:14
Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that ####prophet#### that should come into the world.

and again

John 7:40
Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the ####Prophet.####
uwibami

Murray, KY

#475653 Mar 22, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
my advice to you, would be to get your eyes off other people and get them ON GOD.
read HIS word, and get yourself right with GOD.
stop arguing such foolishness.
wise up.
thats just it. no one is asking your for your advice, or do you believe they are?

who here has asked to share with them your beliefs? if so then, why not direct your beliefs directly to them?

who here was expecting a delivery from you, when they ordered no such package?

beware of strangers bearing gifts. you're a trojan horse and they recognize you for what you are. do you really think you're getting through to anyone?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#475657 Mar 22, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
NY Times:
"April 2006, at the foundation’s annual mass circumcision, which is free and open to the public and held during the lunar month marking the birth of the prophet Muhammad.
The photographer Stephanie Sinclair was taken to the circumcision event by a reproductive-health observer from Jakarta and allowed to spend several hours there. Over the course of that Sunday morning, more than 200 girls were circumcised, many of them appearing to be under the age of 5."
Are you STILL ranting about Iran?

Are you really that desperate to prove that there is someone in the world more contemptible than you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#475658 Mar 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Is it really that bad?
Yep.
Eternalrock

Denver, CO

#475661 Mar 22, 2012
Just re-watched. My reference to the 2008 movie "the Day the Earth Stood Still" is not stupid. The puppet control ability of Klatus is the ability of the giant monolith computer. The balls of light are the ID in the brain.

Humans can't see what I see. That's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min DebraE 106,479
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Peace_Warrior 618,753
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Steve III 653,698
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,569
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 1 hr Mason3138 377
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr udzwon udzwon 45,227
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr here 63,445
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web