Prove there's a god.

“The Arizona Desert Guy ”

Since: Mar 12

Phoenix

#475215 Mar 21, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
GO PUT SOME CLOTHES ON !!! No One wants to see your little bikini type thongy swim attire...If you've got it flaunt it and if you don't
COVER it up!!! Maybe then, you will have credibility... THANKS !
You're wrong. Everuyone does, especially everyone at the pool, where I was at the time. It's not a thong, but a speedo-type suit. Very efficient in covering everyting that needs to be hidden, and nothing else.

Since: Jul 08

Grove City, OH

#475216 Mar 21, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Because we're pals.
Obama does not hate America.
I will temper my opinion here by saying I think he has demonstrated, at times, contempt for certain traditions and institutions of America.
How's that?
You ever find those copper scrolls 'bout Jebus, boy?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#475217 Mar 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not discuss your use of "let's face it further. It's a non negotiable point.
And thank you for telling me that my opinion on how women are or are not objectified is "irrelevant." Readers I'm certain are far more interested in hearing from an all knowing 20 something year old male on that one.
You're overly impressed with yourself on all issues......why I remain surprised is my own fault.
Non negotiable? Why? Because you have nothing to stand to on to negotiate?

No ones opinion is really relevant on this matter. Not yours, not mine, not anyones. We can all discuss whether the general male attitude towards women from country to country is legitimate or not, but its hardly going to change anything. Even in western countries, a large proportion of men still think of women primarily as just pretty lil things. They have little or no value for their intelligence.

It's not right, but that's the way it is.

I do try to keep myself relatively well informed on a variety of issues. I am not all knowing, but I know a few things, and you know that. I'm sorry if you are offended by what I know as a 24 year old. I am not overly impressed with myself, for the simple fact that the more one learns, the more one realises what one doesn't know.
Thinking

Inverness, UK

#475218 Mar 21, 2012
I've never tooted cocaine.

Still, those that do keep the war in Afghanistan going, so well done to them.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All the lines I ever chopped out damn sure weren't infinite.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#475219 Mar 21, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever find those copper scrolls 'bout Jebus, boy?
The fool
Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God. They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.
The fool says, "There is no God", that’s why he doesn’t even try to do what’s right
Who wants to be a fool?
God looks to see if any of us are wise
If someone is really wise, they will seek God
How do you seek God?
Is it a long journey?
Is there some secret mystery?
Is there some great deed we must do?
Is there some valiant & heroic struggle?
Since God is already at the door, and already knocking, perhaps we should open the door?
The Bible is God’s word, it is how God speaks to us,
Perhaps we should read it and study it and think about it
Since prayer begins with God’s invitation, shouldn’t our prayers begin by listening to God?
They are all alike
There is no one that does good
All have gone astray
Sin is universal
Sin is not just inevitable, it is a great pervasive evil,
And it eats up all in its reach (you are your brothers keeper)
In the face of universal sin, the only thing to do is repent
And trust in the mercy of God
The good news is that God has mercy on penitent sinners
The good news is that there is a Savior
Jesus is our refuge, not because we deserve refuge
Jesus is our refuge because God has mercy upon us
God give his Word
God creates faith
God knocks at our door
God forgives – wisdom is opening our lives to the mercy of God
And righteousness – that too comes from God through Christ.
You see the Lord will restore the fortunes of his people,
His people are the people who live by grace through faith.
Thinking

Inverness, UK

#475220 Mar 21, 2012
Cheg on, you am a twart![sic]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Mat...
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If they did, they would call it "mathematics".

Grove City, OH

#475221 Mar 21, 2012
Bob wrote:
71. Jesus is the Apostle and High Priest of our confession - Heb. 1:3
72. Jesus is preparing a place for us in heaven - John 14:1-4
73. Jesus is the Light of the world - Rom. 9:5
74. Jesus has explained the Father - John 1:18
75. Jesus was crucified because of weakness - 2 Cor. 13:4
76. Jesus has overcome the world - John 16:33
77. Truth is in Jesus - Eph. 4:21
78. The fruit of righteousness comes through Jesus Christ - Phil. 1:11
79. Jesus delivers us from the wrath to come - 1 Thess. 1:10
80. Disciples bear witness of Jesus Christ - John 15:27
81. Jesus died for us - 1 Thess. 5:10
82. Jesus died and rose again - 1 Thess. 4:14
83. Jesus was a ransom for many - Matt. 20:28
84. The Christian dead have fallen asleep in Jesus - 1 Thess. 4:15
85. Jesus rendered the devil powerless - Heb. 2:14
86. Jesus is able to save completely - Heb. 7:25
87. Jesus came to serve - Matt. 20:28
88. Jesus came to be a high priest - Heb. 2:17
89. Jesus came to save - John 3:17; Luke 19:10
90. Jesus came to preach the kingdom of God - Luke 4:43
91. Jesus came to bring division - Luke 12:51
92. Jesus came to do the will of the Father - John 6:38
93. Jesus came to give the Father's words - John 17:8
94. Jesus came to testify to the truth - John 18:37
95. Jesus came to set us free from the Law - Rom. 8:2
96. Jesus came to die and destroy Satan's power - Heb. 2:14
97. Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets - Matt. 5:17
98. Jesus came to give life - John 10:10,28
99. Jesus came to taste death for everyone - Heb. 2:9
100. Jesus came to proclaim freedom for believers - Luke 4:18
And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.

-- The Secret Gospel of Mark.

Oh my.

Grove City, OH

#475222 Mar 21, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool
Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God. They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.
The fool says, "There is no God", that’s why he doesn’t even try to do what’s right
Who wants to be a fool?
God looks to see if any of us are wise
If someone is really wise, they will seek God
How do you seek God?
Is it a long journey?
Is there some secret mystery?
Is there some great deed we must do?
Is there some valiant & heroic struggle?
Since God is already at the door, and already knocking, perhaps we should open the door?
The Bible is God’s word, it is how God speaks to us,
Perhaps we should read it and study it and think about it
Since prayer begins with God’s invitation, shouldn’t our prayers begin by listening to God?
They are all alike
There is no one that does good
All have gone astray
Sin is universal
Sin is not just inevitable, it is a great pervasive evil,
And it eats up all in its reach (you are your brothers keeper)
In the face of universal sin, the only thing to do is repent
And trust in the mercy of God
The good news is that God has mercy on penitent sinners
The good news is that there is a Savior
Jesus is our refuge, not because we deserve refuge
Jesus is our refuge because God has mercy upon us
God give his Word
God creates faith
God knocks at our door
God forgives – wisdom is opening our lives to the mercy of God
And righteousness – that too comes from God through Christ.
You see the Lord will restore the fortunes of his people,
His people are the people who live by grace through faith.
So you're saying Buck's still looking, huh?

“Listen to the sounds”

#475223 Mar 21, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Well I know some very decent women indeed that don't want backward folks to dictate how they dress.
So you must agree my women pixellating glasses are a great idea for those backward folks.
<quoted text>
That is fair enough. There are many decent women out there indeed. But the unfortunate truth is that in many parts of the world, men see women primarily for their looks, not their brain. Despite advances in feminism and feminist related law, many men still judge women based on how they dress. It doesn't matter to them whether a woman is a qualified nurse or doctor or whatever. If she dresses in a revealing manner, these men see her as a cheap slut.

It is ultimately the fault of men, and their screwed up perception of women. Maybe someday we shall have an entire world where men see women as equals, just as intelligent and capable of nearly any occupation as them, if not more capable. But until then, it's much easier for the women to improvise.
HolyHolyHoly

Jacksonville, FL

#475224 Mar 21, 2012
The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?
A student bravely replied yes, he did!"
"God created everything?" The professor asked.
"Yes, sir," the student replied.
The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."
The student became quiet before such an answer.
The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.
Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"
"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.
The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody and every object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have too little heat.
The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"
The professor responded, "Of course it does".
The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."
Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"
Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. "These manifestations are nothing else but evil."
To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
The professor sat down.
Thinking

Inverness, UK

#475225 Mar 22, 2012
So you must agree my women pixellating glasses are a great idea for those backward folks. Maybe they need to bolted on in extreme cases.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is fair enough. There are many decent women out there indeed. But the unfortunate truth is that in many parts of the world, men see women primarily for their looks, not their brain. Despite advances in feminism and feminist related law, many men still judge women based on how they dress. It doesn't matter to them whether a woman is a qualified nurse or doctor or whatever. If she dresses in a revealing manner, these men see her as a cheap slut.
It is ultimately the fault of men, and their screwed up perception of women. Maybe someday we shall have an entire world where men see women as equals, just as intelligent and capable of nearly any occupation as them, if not more capable. But until then, it's much easier for the women to improvise.

“Listen to the sounds”

#475226 Mar 22, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And as long as religion keeps them fat, dumb and happy, why bother putting all that effort into education?
Seems like a waste of time when all you really have to do is worship an unseen entity and wait to die.
Apart from certain populations living in isolation from the rest of the world, or people that are actively denied education, people are primarily to blame for their own ignorance.

Terrorism is the result of the failure of government to provide quality objective education to all of its people. This failure enables thugs to isolate communities of people, and feed them their version of education and truth. An ignorant population doesn't know any better, and so wouldn't even ask questions.

This is the same reason why many black communities in the U.S. are violent for generations. Their education system has collapsed long ago, if the government ever gave them one, and the only education they receive is pseudo education from a bunch of gangsters who want to exploit them.

“Listen to the sounds”

#475228 Mar 22, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your explanation only skimmed the surface on why women wear burquas but nevertheless I am of the opinion that women who go to those lengths to wear them and the men who originally encouraged them to do so, "objectify" women magnificiently in their own right.
Muslim women who cruise around in those things and aren't trick or treating, do more harm to womens rights than a man who gets that stupid look in his eyes because a girl walks by in a bikini.
It is the fault of men that women find themselves having to wear the burqa. Many arab tribes are quite terrible in their objectifying of women. For eons this hasn't changed. So the women choose to wear the burqa instead. It's easier to change clothes than change peoples attitude.

Men, especially young men, are significantly more hormone driven than women. Many, if not most of them see the value of a woman primarily for her looks, rather than her brain. The burqa eliminates the looks factor.

It differs from culture to culture. Some arab women, instead of wearing a cotton veil, wear some gold plated mask. It's a funny looking thing. I've seen them in UAE. They've been wearing that from before Islam came about.

If you don't like it, don't wear it. But some women prefer it, and they wear it.
Thinking

Inverness, UK

#475229 Mar 22, 2012
Sources?
HolyHolyHoly wrote:
The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?
A student bravely replied yes, he did!"
"God created everything?" The professor asked.
"Yes, sir," the student replied.
The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."
The student became quiet before such an answer.
The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.
Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"
"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.
The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody and every object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have too little heat.
The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"
The professor responded, "Of course it does".
The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."
Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"
Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. "These manifestations are nothing else but evil."
To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
The professor sat down.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#475230 Mar 22, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>But the wind is what is moving that water vapor and debris, still presenting itself as wind.
We know wind is wind like water is wet.
Everyone knows {at least now for sure} man could not see wind with our feeble earthly eyes , the same as not being able t see in the dark. But we have overcome these obstacles and the answer is
yes we can now see wind, and we can see in the dark.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lmk/soo/88d/doppler.p...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#475231 Mar 22, 2012
The other day, I posted a link to a 1986 paper on cosmology discussing the possibility of an infinite universe. Buck immediately poo-pooed this paper as being "26 years old" and implying it was out of date.

What I find hilarious...and a strong indicator of Buck's intellectual dishonesty...is the Hilbert quote he is always throwing around is from 1926...from 86 years ago.

“Listen to the sounds”

#475232 Mar 22, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And many get that first leg up from long established family rather than having to convince a bank to finance them.
Rags to riches, while possible, is extremely difficult.
Throw in a few social disadvantages, and it can be downright impossible.
You make good points, but I can assure you that the people who have those rags to riches stories do not bow down to the difficulties that you have mentioned.

Mittal was born and raised in the slums of India. He's one of the richest men in the world today. He did not accept the impossibility of improvement. He had this attitude of overcoming everything.

The difference between being broke and being poor is education. Without education, one can be driving a beemer and yet be poor, while another can be riding a motorcycle and be rich.

#475233 Mar 22, 2012
I just got through watching NOVA. This episode was about a photographer that has spent the last several years documenting glacial melting and the retreat of glaciers. How anyone could watch this and still claim the world is not warming...well...it would have to be a serious case of denial.

Of course, I bet Buck will find some "explanation". Denial can be a powerful self-defense mechanism.

#475234 Mar 22, 2012
Bob wrote:
71. Jesus is the Apostle and High Priest of our confession - Heb. 1:3
72. Jesus is preparing a place for us in heaven - John 14:1-4
73. Jesus is the Light of the world - Rom. 9:5
74. Jesus has explained the Father - John 1:18
75. Jesus was crucified because of weakness - 2 Cor. 13:4
76. Jesus has overcome the world - John 16:33
77. Truth is in Jesus - Eph. 4:21
78. The fruit of righteousness comes through Jesus Christ - Phil. 1:11
79. Jesus delivers us from the wrath to come - 1 Thess. 1:10
80. Disciples bear witness of Jesus Christ - John 15:27
81. Jesus died for us - 1 Thess. 5:10
82. Jesus died and rose again - 1 Thess. 4:14
83. Jesus was a ransom for many - Matt. 20:28
84. The Christian dead have fallen asleep in Jesus - 1 Thess. 4:15
85. Jesus rendered the devil powerless - Heb. 2:14
86. Jesus is able to save completely - Heb. 7:25
87. Jesus came to serve - Matt. 20:28
88. Jesus came to be a high priest - Heb. 2:17
89. Jesus came to save - John 3:17; Luke 19:10
90. Jesus came to preach the kingdom of God - Luke 4:43
91. Jesus came to bring division - Luke 12:51
92. Jesus came to do the will of the Father - John 6:38
93. Jesus came to give the Father's words - John 17:8
94. Jesus came to testify to the truth - John 18:37
95. Jesus came to set us free from the Law - Rom. 8:2
96. Jesus came to die and destroy Satan's power - Heb. 2:14
97. Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets - Matt. 5:17
98. Jesus came to give life - John 10:10,28
99. Jesus came to taste death for everyone - Heb. 2:9
100. Jesus came to proclaim freedom for believers - Luke 4:18
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#475235 Mar 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I've never tooted cocaine.
Still, those that do keep the war in Afghanistan going, so well done to them.
<quoted text>
Coca grows in South America ,Its actually the Poppy that is cultivated in Afghanistan but I'm not sure anyone toots the opium and heroin that comes from it as it is rather a nasty proposition to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Lifelover 619,168
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min AussieBobby 284,451
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 27 min lightbeamrider 447
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min Seentheotherside 45,788
Poll does anyone want to exchange nude pics? (Oct '13) 36 min Lukewad 47
The Future of Politics in America 44 min Johnny 131
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 45 min Neville Thompson 950
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,654
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 665,093
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
More from around the web