YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
GEE WHIZ.....lets see on one hand we have YOUR PERSONAL OPINION
and on the other hand we have
the LONGEVITY of the bible
the STATUS of the bible
the archaeology discoveries confirming scriptures
the 100% prophecy fulfillment
the outside NON religious historians reaffirming biblical history.
the fact I KNOW IN MY OWN HEART and SPIRIT THAT GOD IS REAL
miracles
healings
billions of testimonys.
men who actually KNEW Christ.
the glory of creation and life.
and you think I am going to take MANS word or YOUR word over the evidences of God and the truth of the HOLY Bible/Torah?
LOL you must be joking.
Patty, if you didn't have man's word you would have never heard of God or Christianity. The Bible just didn't suddenly appear.

Everything you state is your own opinion, or the terribly misguided interpretations of things you have read. None of the claims you make are proof ever happened.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#419340 Dec 27, 2011
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave's role is to collect a government check, spin Moonbeam science poems, and rail at the atheists to "get off the damned lawn!"
<quoted text>
What an important point. Bongo reports atheists with guns and wonders what will happen when Christian love is gone. Buck and others try to hang violent ideologies on us. And more. Yet who is it that wishes torture and death on their detractors? The "love one another Christians. THAT is the love that we won't miss.
<quoted text>
LOL. I can't remember being shown too much consideration for my atheism - not too much interest in sharing. Nothing says it better than calling the request to use an inclusive greeting like Happy Holidays a "War On Christmas." How many of these Christians steadfastly refused to say ANYTHING but Merry Christmas? That's the attitude I think of when I'm accused of not wanting to consider the theists' needs.
Also, I think of this, which I also want to add to my list of examples of what is meant that Christian love that I began at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... :
[6] "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993
[7] And for completeness sake, let me add two of the most prominent and successsful - that is, beloved - TV preaching examples of Christian love of all time, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, who blamed 9/11 on "liberal civil liberties groups, feminists, pagans, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters"
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/falwell.asp
[8] OK, one more, The Pope. Here's another big dose of that Christian love that we're going to miss in a piece called "Pope Blames Atheists for Holocaust, Ignores Catholic Complicity" at http://atheism.about.com/b/2010/09/21/pope-bl...
Wow! Thank you - what revealing quotes.

How their religions mystifies morality for them. It's ok to kill and lie if it's for Jesus - no foundation in morality there.

I have noticed again and again that those of a weaker position attack and insult to undermine confidence - they cannot stand people who can think for themselves, who try to build up others. They demonstrate their need to pull people down to their level constantly on these threads.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419342 Dec 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
well thats disturbing, you enjoy being disgusting and then called out for it? odd
yes thank you i had a wonderful Christmas with my family.
I hope you did as well.
No, that you called me disgusting specifically. From what you write on these threads, your morality is poor. You demonstrate lots and lots of hatred for normal people. If you think I'm disgusting that's a good sign I'm doing well.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419343 Dec 27, 2011
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The "scientists" spreading knowledge on here are suspect. Primarily because they are advancing conclusions that real scientists would never do.
Hardly. I back all of my science on here with links to research papers.
The thing is, Dave, you do not recognize science. For you science is whatever you imagine it to be. If you read more science papers, you'd have a better understanding of what is and is not scientific.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#419344 Dec 27, 2011
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish of you to throw in an insult.
Genetics changing over time is a real theory - it makes lots and lots of predictions that are both measurable and disprovable.
Unlike the baseless unscientific trash you espouse.
It isn't genetics change over time.

It's "change over time".

That's the theory I have been offered, multiple times.

But ID is not a theory. Right.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419346 Dec 27, 2011
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The holiday observed on December 25th is called "Christmas".
That might be behind the Christians use of the term.
Just guessing.
Ahistorical.

Christ-mass refers to the Catholic mass celebrating Jesus. The holiday was moved to merge it with the pagans.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#419347 Dec 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
surely you are not trying to tell me science has PROVEN there is no God.
and no legit scholar of the bible or clergy or theologian will tell you there is no God.
if my pastor stood up and utttered the blasphemous words to the congregation,
'i don't know if there is a God or not'... every person would get up and leave that church.
GOD says you are either for Me or Against Me.
you either discover GOD and know He is real ... or you don't.
and no legit pastor or clergy could in good conscience preach the bible unless they DID know God and believe with their whole heart and mind.
otherwise that very bible they were pretending to preach from calls them a WOLF in sheeps clothing, a liar, an apostate.
it is not a game.
100% of clergy who preach about God and the Bible stories are stating what they believe (in some cases) and what they are expected to say (in others).

It has been documented many times in many places that clergy coming out of the theology schools today are not being taught what they preach, because what they have been taught would get them fired (as you stated).

Theology schools are not teaching clergy things as true that man has already proved is false. That is, not any reputable theology schools.

Patty, I think it would be an useful learning experience for you to just take a few days, or even a few hours from your Bible and just do some research on what Christians today do believe. I think you would find that your particular beliefs are a long way from the norm.

Since: Oct 10

Glendale, AZ

#419348 Dec 27, 2011
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's still right to burn witches.
Right?
That's what you just said, right?
It's still gods law, right?
<quoted text>
In other words, yes.
And yellodog wants so desperately to implement and obey God's law.
That's why she carries matches and lighter fluid inside of her hollowed-out bible.
<quoted text>
You said you wanted me to suffer under your god's law. GOD IS GOD, and all that shit, remember?
Plus, I had three of your fellow christians break into my home last month with a gun, most likely looking to kill me. You hate being reminded of that, don't you?
<quoted text>
About wishing *YOU* harm? No. But that's only because you have no qualms about wishing death and eternal damnation on me, you fucking hypocrite. Why don't you just go fuck the hell off?
It's easy to say that someone broke into your house, Christian or otherwise. Just saying it doesn't mean it is true. Either way, the time for the breaking in seems to have changed from your previous post.

How did you determine that it was Christians, if anybody, that broke into your house? Did you take their confessional? How did you know? You are blinded by your anti-Christian bigotry. Did they have a Christian dog with them? Were they praying? Share your "wisdom" with us. What race were they? Perhaps you can slip a little racism in there.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#419349 Dec 27, 2011
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. You are stuck on the basics - you get them wrong. Then you come up with some fantasy and call that original thinking. It's very, very easy to do that Dave.
It's much more difficult to actually understand the complexity of science or history and draw honest conclusions from it.
My love, I see things in a complexity you can't even comprehend.

You should realize that in my physics stuff. You can only see atoms, I see the forces that create atoms.

All of your learning and education you received is in pre-packaged boxes. Your "knowledge" and application thereof is reshuffling papers. You suffer from the clerk syndrome. Clerks have a tendency to think they know all about the business they are in because they shuffle the papers.

Work things out from scratch. You will see things differently.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419350 Dec 27, 2011
Clark Griswold wrote:
Dammit Hiding, where's that mirror. This is a perfect example of what I was talking about before, how a no imagination moron will mirror everything that applies to himself. The words "pseudo-intellectual " define nothing if not Dave the Blather Mage of Zizzy Edicts... the whackiest most self absorbed, pseudo intellectual, ugly, decrepit, droopy eyed, senile, mean, hate filled, lonely, friendless, closet homosexual, delusional tin foil hat wearing, electro- magnetic spectrum worshipping, pathetic phony ever to post on this thread.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that was the best run on sentence I've ever read.
I totally missed it the first time!

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

And The Cure Is Education

#419351 Dec 27, 2011
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And IT'S laws override those of man?
<quoted text>
Which includes burning witches.
How frustrating for you that your kind doesn't get to do that anymore.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
why would we want to do God's job?
Because you want to, and because you enjoy it.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>He will be your judge.
No he won't. He doesn't exist. Too bad for you, bitch.

Location hidden

#419352 Dec 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
surely you are not trying to tell me science has PROVEN there is no God.
and no legit scholar of the bible or clergy or theologian will tell you there is no God.
if my pastor stood up and utttered the blasphemous words to the congregation,
'i don't know if there is a God or not'... every person would get up and leave that church.
GOD says you are either for Me or Against Me.
you either discover GOD and know He is real ... or you don't.
and no legit pastor or clergy could in good conscience preach the bible unless they DID know God and believe with their whole heart and mind.
otherwise that very bible they were pretending to preach from calls them a WOLF in sheeps clothing, a liar, an apostate.
it is not a game.
I have never told you that science has proved there is no god, but science has proved (and you can't change that fact) that some of the stories (which you believe are true) in the Bible never happened.

Your constant insistence that you know more than most human beings, Patty, gets a bit hard to take after 3 years.

#419354 Dec 27, 2011
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
But you keep saying it's going to be soon.
You'll have your stroke soon, too.
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA do you really enjoy 'hating'?
I don't hate; I'm not a christian.

What goes around, comes around, bitch. In you buybull vernacular, you will reap what you sow--and you have no one to blame but yourself. So be it.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419355 Dec 27, 2011
Black-Widow wrote:
<quoted text>
Good insight - the job of science may be reverse engineering. We don't know if there is a God. Some choose to believe - others reject massive scientific evidence on evolution or propose a hypothetical situation.
We will never be able to prove God because we do not have direct access. We do have access to the universe and the world so we can:
1) attribute this universe to God and accept the Bible as literal truth.
2) attribute this universe to God and adjust beliefs based on scientific evidence and personal revelation.
3) attribute this universe to God, reserving the idea of God for a theoretical universe that is not our own.
4) accept science, reject God.
In this forum, both atheists and believers state unequivocally there is or isn't a God when neither side knows with absolute certainty. I see this is the primary reason for bickering.
We anchor our identity in our beliefs. To challenge a person’s beliefs is to cut them right to the core. It’s difficult for people to admit that they may be wrong - everyone wants to think they know. We may all be gravely disappointed when we wake up in the matrix and realize we know very little about how the universe operates.
I have suggested that - this would correspond to your 4 - through knowledge of humans, we can reject deities. The argument went like this:
1. humans have the ability to create fiction and believe in fiction
2. spirituality differs for people in different cultures b/c of language and how nature and experience are culturally constructed
3. religious beliefs were adaptive and allowed larger than kin groups by constructing shared believed understandings of the world around them (it's telling that human deities are like humans; they reflect and reinforce cultural values and norms).
4. you can use neuroscience evidence to demonstrate mind is brain, but I think the previous 3 points are enough.

#419356 Dec 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
.....if you are talking to me, MY dog was fixed as a pup.
and has no contact with other dogs.
sorry.
Your dog has no contact with others of his kind?

Poor thing. What do you do, sit at home with it and read it buybull verses? I'll bet your poor dog wishes it had opposable thumbs, just so it could pick up a gun and shoot itself.

Glendale, AZ

#419357 Dec 27, 2011
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. I back all of my science on here with links to research papers.
The thing is, Dave, you do not recognize science. For you science is whatever you imagine it to be. If you read more science papers, you'd have a better understanding of what is and is not scientific.
None of your links have anything to do with disproving God. None of them are that stupid.

Location hidden

#419358 Dec 27, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
BOOOOTS........ shame on you, trying to pull me away from God.
why don't YOU turn over a new leaf for 2012 and figure out that you need to be forgiven and that if you died this very moment without God you would spend an eternity in hell.
why don't YOU come to the realization that GOD who made you and gave you life, loves you and wants the best for you.
i have lived apart of my life LIKE YOU not knowing God.
and i have lived a larger part KNOWING God in my life and heart.
and there is NO WAY i would ever walk away from God.
NO WAY NO HOW NO TIME.
GOD IS GOOD! and it is HIS love and HIS peace that sustains my life in blessing.
i love God and my faith is the most important thing there is... because not only does it guide me in light and hope and rightness in the here and now, it garentees my eternal destiny as well.
i can't imagin not believing and knowing God.
i can't imagin living a life without the very real presence of His love and blessing everyday.
but i know some do.
my goal for 2012 is to be a better servant of the Lord, and to continue being busy being about the Fathers business until His return or until i exit this world in death.
either way, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
i am happy booots.
and contented and at peace....so why you would even hint at my abandoning my faith in God is the most absurd and ridiculous thing you have ever said up to now.
My journey is with GOD.
and i encourage you to get off the scoffers bandwagon and seek God until you find Him.
Patty, I have never suggested or even hinted at suggesting that you should abandon God or abandon your faith. What I as hoping for would be that you would abandon your insecure desire to always be right, when you are debating with others, and especially when you are always wrong.

Patty, every claim you have made on this site, if considered as either true or false, has been false. Not one single thing you have claimed that proves the existence of a god is true.

I have no interest in what you think or believe - that is your right. What you try to make others here accept when it has been proved that what you say is not true, is what I am concerned about.

Nobody on this site KNOWS there is no gods. Not one single person here knows that. Many people on this site, though, do know that certain beliefs of some fundamentalist believers are not true.

No one can make an untruth into truth, simply by stating they believe it to be true.

Glendale, AZ

#419359 Dec 27, 2011
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
But you keep saying it's going to be soon.
You'll have your stroke soon, too.
<quoted text>
I don't hate; I'm not a christian.
What goes around, comes around, bitch. In you buybull vernacular, you will reap what you sow--and you have no one to blame but yourself. So be it.
I don't believe you've ever posted anything that wasn't full of hate. Don't you read what you write?

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419360 Dec 27, 2011
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
When I told you that credentials and past performance mattered, this is where. When Hiding makes an unsupported claim, I assume it's accurate, and act on it as such provisionally without investigating it, remembering that I am trusting a reputation, and not my direct experience. I've been burned once doing that, not by Hiding, and not too badly. But overall, it has been a profitable strategy.
When a stranger makes an unsupported claim, I treat it as an opinion - I neither accept it, nor reject it, and if it has potential to be important if accurate, I'll investigate it before acting on it.
But with you Buck, you take on so many hopeless battles that it's clear that you can't tell which side is right, or don't care. This infinite pizza thing is enough to make a person reject anything from you. So is the ID thing. Some of your opinions that have been disconfirmed are so wildly off base, and so often, that a rational person will classify your bare claim as probably wrong and not worth hunting down. The motivation to fact-check your wild claims, as you recommend I do above, is infinitely small.
That is why, if you don't want your words shit-canned out of hand, link them to something. And if you want to improve that reputation, you need to change a lot.
Your final two sentences are psychotically detached from reality.
Well said and thank you.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#419362 Dec 27, 2011
Dave Nelson wrote:
There is a theme in monotheism where this creator projected its thoughts out to create.
Nothing was ever mentioned about blueprints, math equations, load equations, etc. Never heard anything about it being planned out.
Perhaps this creator didn't know exactly how it did it. It just did.
Perhaps it uses something similar to nanotechnology, or microbiology, to see where it went wrong.
:-)
Now you are on to something interesting. If we assume a deity, or deities, how do you think they did it? Did they have a choice in Creating or was that part of their instinct and need?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 603,677
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min Into The Night 4,099
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 17 min okimar 53,497
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 18 min WasteWater 20
Ever give your boss head? 22 min Miranda27 6
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 27 min sangili karuppan 7,690
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 30 min bottom 586
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 55 min WasteWater 8,378
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web