Prove there's a god.
god is IMAGINARY

Edmonton, Canada

#419450 Dec 27, 2011
would you die for a lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Still with that tactic, how is that working for you?
Let's see you defend Odin,... that's what I thought. Playing the role of coward still I see.
Let me know if you ever come up with an argument you can defend.
Back on the porch with puppies for you, bwaaaaaaaaaahahaha. Did I get the 'bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahah' right guys?
defend Odin ..from what???

does religion make people stupid ,or are only stupid atracted to religion

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#419451 Dec 27, 2011
Ah, our beloved atheists on here, demanding respect and suffering such angst when the lesser beings don't recognize their true worth. By their own measure, anyhow.

They just can't understand how their fellow men could not see they are the best products bacterium, modified by eons of dinosaur excreta, swamp water, occasional lightning bolts, and the such could produce over a long period of time. To be enlightened by knowing they are just mere flukes of the universe, which resulted in such magnificent minds as they possess, has liberated them from the tyranny of induced thought of lesser products.

They will not be martyred though. They will make those dummies understand they are the wave of the future. They are the evolutionary advances mankind has been waiting for all of these years.

Or something like that.

La Veta, CO

#419453 Dec 27, 2011
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>You are very skilled with that mirror. It must have special electromagnetic properties that enable you to reflect all that is true of yourself outwards like this. The electromagnetic spectrum is truly amazing. Now work on projecting out all the rejection and loneliness you experience in the real world. The cleansing might give you a new lease on life.
Clark, life is but a one shot deal, is it not? According to you.

I'm almost on the other shore. Why in the hell would I change horses now?

You make no sense. But we all know that.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#419454 Dec 27, 2011
Pomona Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
As a brainwashed godbot without a mind or will of your own, it's YOU who's "anti-person" by choice. Accordingly, it's YOU who's a punk-ass disgrace to the human race to be entirely accurate.
You couldn't be more correct in that one, Pomona!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#419455 Dec 27, 2011
Dave Nelson wrote:
Or something like that.
Something like what?

Some stable somewhere

#419456 Dec 27, 2011
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet you started feeling nauseous right after you called him "sweetness".
I'm cleaning up the toilet now...

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#419457 Dec 27, 2011
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke is on you, sweetheart, and will always be on you.
Always.
Whooooooosh!(The sound of that post flying over the top of YD's head.

La Veta, CO

#419458 Dec 27, 2011
god is IMAGINARY wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
Silly girl.
Violence ends conflicts. Let's life continue. It's a human thing. An evolutionary advantage or something. Wherever do you come up with this violence is wrong thing? Are you a Christian or something? Other than flake, that is.
(/qoute)
why dont you post your real name and adress and Ill get some of this violence delivered unto you...
or would that be wrong?
LOL!!!!

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#419459 Dec 27, 2011
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The black smoke could also be burnt piston rings.
Or a scarred cylinder wall.
Oil smoke is blue.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#419460 Dec 27, 2011
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Clark, life is but a one shot deal, is it not? According to you.
I'm almost on the other shore. Why in the hell would I change horses now?
You make no sense. But we all know that.
And by "we" I take it you mean you and your blow up dolls.

I hate to disappoint you Electromagnetic Man, but I have never said life is a one shot deal. How could I possibly know that. That would be as stupid as saying heaven was the end of the line for those who bow down and worship an angry, vengeful deity. Anyone who says they know what happens when the body dies is either a fool or a liar.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#419461 Dec 27, 2011
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to pretend that I knew what Apeirophobia was and didn't have to google it. You might be on to something there. I personally suffer from Phobophobia. I have a terrible fear of phobias.(Believe it or not, phobophobia is an actual phobia.)
Yeah.

I didn't have to google it either.

Mhmmm

La Veta, CO

#419462 Dec 27, 2011
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>And by "we" I take it you mean you and your blow up dolls.
I hate to disappoint you Electromagnetic Man, but I have never said life is a one shot deal. How could I possibly know that. That would be as stupid as saying heaven was the end of the line for those who bow down and worship an angry, vengeful deity. Anyone who says they know what happens when the body dies is either a fool or a liar.
Really?

Why do you expend so much energy in attempting to denigrate those that believe in the latter?

La Veta, CO

#419463 Dec 27, 2011
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/27/char...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/us/record-gun-s...

Some headlines in the news.

Wonder if it is the atheists buying the guns? You think?

Some stable somewhere

#419464 Dec 27, 2011
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Why do you expend so much energy in attempting to denigrate those that believe in the latter?
Clark rarely denigrates anyone. He's almost always of good humor. Why are you projecting negativity onto him?

You denigrate anyone who fails to pay heed to your ramblings. I'm not sure why IANS calls it poetry.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#419465 Dec 27, 2011
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Where they believe that intelligent design was involved, there is no natural selection. ID hopes to displace natural selection wherever it inserts itself. After all, ID implies that natural selection can only build the "reducibly" complex, which is correct, but that some of nature is irreducibly complex. If so, that part was not assembled by natural selection.
Why do you quibble every semantic point? You knew what my words meant. I suppose it's all good. Maybe that relationship wasn't clear to everybody that might care. It never hurts to make it explicit at least once.
<quoted text>
ID has plenty of scientific evidence in support of it? You've already claimed that and failed to produce it. So no, not outside of the heads of believers there isn't.
<quoted text>
If you believe that the universe had an intelligent designer, then you are a theist.
<quoted text>
Those are not supporters. I am much of a supporter as that. It may surprise you to read it, but I also do not rule out intelligent design any more than I rule out all gods, and for the same reason. I also don't accept claims for either also for that same reason.
Nor do I consider the standard model adequate for all purposes. I agree that the present model may be incomplete. What carries behavior? I have a real tough time understanding how instinct could be coded in terms of nucleotides, codons, and/or translated polypeptides. It troubles me enough that I began speculating about what might serve as alternative storage media for transferring behavior from parent to offspring other than through the genetic code.
Notice that I still don't need to invoke a god just because I think I have a gap in my understanding. I just want a second medium or mechanism that can serve as a depot for storing behavioral information so that it can be inherited, because I just can't believe that suckling is coded by some protein or by some product that a protein can manufacture, and pecking your way out of a shell is coded by what looks like an enzyme. I don't buy it. And I have some candidate mechanisms in mind. But that's where it ends, not with magic, and not with god.
So, I know that feeling. But I think it's a logical error and sloppy thinking to invoke the supernatural before all natural possibilities have been exhausted. And intelligent design has been an effete idea to date.
There is certainly plenty that we have no figured out yet as to how evolution operates. And DNA, while certainly a major player in the inheritance of traits is turning out not to be the complete story. For example, there is a whole other layer at operation known as "epigenetics"...mean ing essentially "above the genes". These are chemicals that can attach to our genes and effect when and how those genes turn on and off. Some of epigenetics is controlled by other genes, but some are the result of environmental factors. Scientists are just now working on figuring out the "epigenome", but it appears it will be a vastly more difficult task than mapping the genome was.

But I do agree with you completely about ID being intellectually lazy. It is essentially an "throwing up of hands and giving up". It says "it all too complicated to figure out".

I also agree that ID has so far led nowhere in terms of research, and gives no indication of being ABLE to lead anywhere.

Some stable somewhere

#419466 Dec 27, 2011
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
I didn't have to google it either.
Mhmmm
I mean, doesn't everyone know what infinityphobia is? I mean, that word ... uh, I know it starts with a p!!! There's a p in it!
babygirl

Johnson City, TN

#419467 Dec 27, 2011
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Read Evidence that Demands a Verdict..you want proof that there is a God..no matter what is said you wont be convinced...so do the research yourself and answer your own question....you proof that there no God and you will answer your own question.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#419468 Dec 27, 2011
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
fine! but first, you must try responding without using any anti-christ jargon or information which has its roots in the kingdom of darkness;)
I know nothing of the "kingdom of darkness". Any response I give is taken from actual knowledge acquired by man-kind over the years.

I have no interest in being anti-christ. If someone was to actually give a valid piece of evidence on either side of this topic, I am more than happy to consider it.

There have been actually findings stated here which has caused most Christians to re-think what they believe, and to revise those beliefs to what is actually currently known. By currently I mean in the past 100 years, as many of the myths were uncovered 100 or more years ago, and most responsible churches adapted these pieces of knowledge to what they taught, rather than try to deny that which cannot be denied.

There are not many Christians today that don't accept that the flat plain which Jesus, when he went up on a high place with Satan and looked down, does not exist, because unknown to the writers of the Bible the earth is not flat.

Christians in the past have been executed for the heresy of claiming the earth is not flat. Doubtful that any Christian would think that justified today.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#419469 Dec 27, 2011
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Aerobatty...
I haven't been following your conversation with Buck, but what in the heck did you say to him that got him off on this spam rampage the last few pages?
He must be burning up the intertubes cutting and pasting.
Him and Mark the Furor man , both had a spam attack.

La Veta, CO

#419470 Dec 27, 2011
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Clark rarely denigrates anyone. He's almost always of good humor. Why are you projecting negativity onto him?
You denigrate anyone who fails to pay heed to your ramblings. I'm not sure why IANS calls it poetry.
Wrong, lovie. I denigrate those who are chronic denigraters of those with religious beliefs. Which includes you.

Those are my thoughts I just throw up there to look at. Take them or leave them. If you feel compelled to ridicule them simply because you think it makes you look intelligent and enlightened, then I will also add you to the list. Especially if you can't recognize basic physics principles.

Too many of you that do that, do so because you are trying to emulate professional shock jocks, low grade comedians, and provocateurs you see on the mass media. You are credits to your intellectual development and maturation levels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 92,407
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min MUQ2 285,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min lisw 183,613
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chuck 667,635
I adore phoning Samaritans getting female and w... 5 hr 22 and hard 10 in... 1
More from around the web