“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#406396 Dec 8, 2011
Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that your name is based off of Stregheria Wicca and if memory serves me correctly that old Italian tradition worships a God and Goddess.
Yup.

It's not Stregheria Wicca, it's just Stregheria. Wicca is a similar but separate belief system, developed by Gerald Gardner in the 1950s or thereabouts, and which borrows heavily from Stregheria (or so it seems to me, anyway); the original Stregheria dates back to around the time of the Etruscans.
Williewiskers

Peoria, AZ

#406397 Dec 8, 2011
Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
'
What exactly is ridiculous and why are you afraid to answer my question,
"What is YOUR perception of whether or not Christians seem to model their behavior after Jesus?"
Simple question; I'm asking for your perception since you intimated that mine was faulty.
When important choices come up, I'm reminded of David. When the sins of lust arrive I turn to him as an example of what can happen.The thing about sin is at first you get away with it and then it becomes easy. That's
when you make a silly mistake and get caught. That's why Jesus said forgive your brother's sins 7 times 70. Paul is the closes
that I have seen and John Wooden and Billy Graham to day.Each day we fail and stumble,and each night I ask for his forgiveness and he picks me up. That's the closes I can come. Each day I work on it and try to be better than the day before.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#406398 Dec 8, 2011
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still the man, Goob.
Let's go on a hunt some night. Two-legged game.
Buck, you need another hobby:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12...

“How You Treat Me”

#406399 Dec 8, 2011
Dave Nelson wrote:
Interesting. I saw glimmers of rationality from some of our "atheists" in yesterday's posts.
While sitting on your porcelain throne high atop your back yard trash heap. That tinfoil crown looks good on you; all nice and sparkly.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#406400 Dec 8, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
you see boooots RIGHT HERE it is, the proof that you don't know ANYthing about the matters of God.
to think everyone must walk as the world walks is PROOF you don't have the first clue about what the bible is telling you and why.
"and do NOT be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that GOOD and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2
If a child of God walks as the world walks they would be 'wordly' and not a child of God, no different from the world.
we don't walk as the world walks in the fact we don't subscribe to the philosophies of men.
we don't dwell in UNholy places
we don't associate with UNgodly people
we don't yoke ourselves with non believers
we don't put ourselves in situations or places that we know are not moral or right.
thats what it means NOT to walk as the world walks.
we are suppose to be 'set apart' and different from the world.
thats why there are as the bible states only two kind of people
the righteous or the unrighteous
those who walk according to the flesh or those who walk according to the spirit.
i am saved booots, by the grace and mercy of Jesus.
and nothing else.
HIS mercy is what saves us when we cry out to Him.
He is the Lord and Savior of the world.
then, now and always.
Patty, on this site, you would be considered by most people, including most devout Christians, as the one most likely to be among the unrighteous. If various ways almost every poster on this site, except for a few trolls who basically are yes men have pointed that out to you. You break almost everyone of those lists of things you said that children of God are not suppose to do - you break them on this site alone.

Even many of the posters who make some of the same claims about God and the Bible that you do have attempted to point out what you do wrong (as a Christian) on this site. I have noted when they do that, after you had been getting along fine with them previously, you immediately accused them of not being true Christians. Patty, you come across, by your words, as if you are the most learned, the most skilled, the most in touch with God on a current basis of anyone in the world.

But Patty, you have hundreds of times shown us that you are far below the average knowledge of people, and extremely far below most of the other people on this thread. So the only other reason you could make the claims you do, is that you actually think that you are God incarnate.

Many people have pointed out to you many times, that you are extremely insecure in what you believe, which is so blatantly evidenced in the fact that you will beat a topic to death. Some examples, you spent days going after someone for claiming that you had been posting on this thread since January 2009, when that was actually when you did first post on this thread. You stated at least ten times that it was unimportant anyway, and then in the next post brought it up again.

It is unimportant, Patty, except to show that you post the very same information over a long time period. I read some posts from 2009 that you made on here, and they were very much like posts you have made several times in the past year.

You seem to be so insecure in yourself that you have to keep going on and on, going back to the same old nonsense time and again.

If you were as you claim you would mention it once, if at all, and then go on.

Another example is you have stated at least 1000 times the long list of proofs, including the zillions of items that the archaeologists have dug, and are in reputable museums proving the Bible.

Patty, there are none that prove the Bible. There are only a handful in total that even prove anything about the history of the Bible times - one being a piece of stone with part of Pilate's name carved on it.

There has been zero findings by archaeologists that prove anything about the existence of God, or even of the existence of Jesus.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#406401 Dec 8, 2011
lilnita wrote:
<quoted text>
He is still DUMB as a bag of BRICKS! You are too =)
I have been called worse

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#406404 Dec 8, 2011
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, all of them?
Can't I stereotype, just once, without being called on it?

#406405 Dec 8, 2011
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like vitreous humor.
She doesn't think thhat we are funny :p

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#406407 Dec 8, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCELLENT and informative post.
be prepared for booots to have a hissyfit when he reads this.
but you are absolutely correct.
Patty, that Blair character was quoting some eprson who wrote a letter to the editor stating that 80% of AIDS cases were gays. Yes, the largest group of AIDS patients are gays, but the government publicized figures indicate that it is about 51% of all AIDs patients are gay men, not 80%.

I have never argued with anyone that gays don't get AIDS, so why would I have a hissy fit, however AIDS is a disease which crosses all boundaries, not just gays.

Just be hopeful that no one who you know and care for ever acquires that disease, Patty.

Since: Dec 11

Puchong, Malaysia

#406408 Dec 8, 2011
It doesnt matter what people
[url=http://infopier.sg]believ e[/url]. Go on and do what you think is right. If god dont judge you, people would.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#406409 Dec 8, 2011

THE GOOBER HULL ONE MAN BAND

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#406410 Dec 8, 2011
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
<quoted text>
As a heart attack.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Some people out here in the world are just a waste of skin.
I hope they got thrown in jail? That is close to being stalking
and it sounds like a hate crime, both serious offenses.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#406411 Dec 8, 2011
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>

There has been zero findings by archaeologists that prove anything about the existence of God, or even of the existence of Jesus.

As far as Jesus, we have the Nazareth inscription, the Pilate inscription, the early Christian tombs of the Dominus Flevit outside of Jerusalem and the reputed tomb of Caiaphas, the head of the Sanhedrin that condemned Jesus. We also have the Coenaculum and King David Tomb in Jerusalem. This old structure is believed to be the house of the Last Supper and according to the archaeological research, was a church-synagogue of the early Christian community of Jerusalem and the only synagogue that did not face the temple but faced the tomb where Jesus was supposedly buried.Then we do have the Shroud of Turin, which just won't go away.

#406412 Dec 8, 2011
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>What band is that amigo?. PM me with that info Mr. Doble Fino. that is if you don't mind.
Cool. Can you introduce me to some more groupies?

#406415 Dec 8, 2011
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Triple Fine does not take offense.
Triple Fine has had a very busy day.
No time even to inform Double Fine of my ascention.
I am Triple Fine.
Double Fine must change his name.
To Second Fiddle.
<smirk>

Only those who have passed through the pillars of awesomeness can be called 'Fine'

“Bringing the Paranoia !!”

Since: Oct 11

MY hometown is YOUR Hometown

#406416 Dec 8, 2011
Chunky Punky wrote:
<quoted text>
Grill as in her false teeth?
*snickers*

yep, nasty gold lookin' false teef :P

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#406417 Dec 8, 2011
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right but as I pointed out the laws against polygamy in the US were based on the Christian understanding of marriage, plain and simple.
Moving the goal posts, from what I have followed of this conversation.

As I understand it, your original point was that Christianity started the movement against polygamy...period.

“How You Treat Me”

#406418 Dec 8, 2011
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can wish all you want, the facts say otherwise"
do you REALLY think that you're able to get such "facts" from the powers that be in the media???
Which media? You may not know this, but "media" is not restricted to television "news." If I want information, I'll check the science magazines and articles. You can keep your childish book of lies.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>everyone wants to think that they're rebelling against 'the man',
No, that's just you.

“Bringing the Paranoia !!”

Since: Oct 11

MY hometown is YOUR Hometown

#406419 Dec 8, 2011
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's her right, just as it is your right to not believe.
thx!

:)

she is a crazy and demented :(

#406420 Dec 8, 2011
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Was Arnold's bangmaid hot?
Whose Arnold?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Neelakaran 6,452
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min par five 3,720
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 283
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 586,333
Looking for a female partner who is Hiv+ 1 hr Tony17 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Tony17 99,363
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr lightbeamrider 2,326
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Paul Porter1 442,990
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr TIM958 611,961
More from around the web