Prove there's a god.

Since: Jun 07

Indiana

#372425 Oct 20, 2011
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with this 100% of course there are many tales of the same treatment of scientists .
But we aren't talking science remember we are talking about
the supernatural, that which requires no proof.
The wiggle room of theist ramblings.
Uh... There were two different conversations going there. That particular one was one whether or not evolution is inarguable.
Try paying attention to the whole conversation and maybe it won't seem like rambling to you...

Indiana

#372426 Oct 20, 2011
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As I said he composed of earlier myth and legends, and added a few of his own, no surprise some turn out truth. Surprising a lot did. But not all panned gold.
I didn't suggest that everything Plato said was true. I didn't suggest that because one thing was accurate meant that other things he said were accurate. My only point was that just because we have no evidence of something doesn't mean it cannot be true or is not true.
I guess I don't see what you are trying to argue here.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#372427 Oct 20, 2011
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't see it but I'm sure she was a big star in all her glory of being the most hated Queen of all time.
Thank you for your reply. I think I will take a chance and buy the DVD.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#372428 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So can we discredit global warming based on the existence of eco-terrorists?
I don't care what the topic is, you will find bad people on both sides of that topic. Suggesting that the existence of these bad people discredits a certain view point is naive at best and dishonest at worst.
It started that way ,evolved that way ,is that way and remains that way.
I know good people are in it, but they have no idea the truth of it.
But its not just Christian it Muslim , and the Jewish , they are evil. I know it , you may refute this but it is to the core.
Designed to rob man make him fear, and feel guilt and subjugate him to submit to a non existent authority.

“Faith means not wanting to ”

Since: Nov 10

know what is true.

#372429 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking you, huh? Interesting.
Simply stating something does not exist as an argument is hollow. Saying this is what I believe and this is why I believe it is not hollow. It is also not inappropriate in a conversation in which the reasons why someone believes something have been requested. Note the word "hollow." You keep wanting to omit that.
And every response you have made to me has been a snide remark about those who are religious. You may not want to admit it, but the evidence is in black and white.
Okay attacking is not the right word, you are going after me when I originally was talking to someone else (that I don't mine). It is this repetitive message you are telling, there are one lot of rules for theist and another for the rest of us that is irritating.

No my hostility is against you, you seem to miss the fact that you are the one that has gotten yourself twisted at me stating my opinion. I also don't agree that you opinion is anymore valid then mine, you are the one telling me it is hollow and I am expressing my opinion is no less worthy then yours. Like you said "evidence is in black and white" and it here that we can see you justifying you allowing your opinion and you telling me that I should keep mine to myself.

You just a hypocrite that has dug yourself into a hole and now you can't dig your way out

Indiana

#372430 Oct 20, 2011
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with this 100% of course there are many tales of the same treatment of scientists .
Pay attention to the conversation and it won't seem like rambling to you.
The discussion was whether or not certain scientific theories could or could not be questioned. Not whether or not science should accept religious views (ie. creationism) which I've already said is not science and cannot be accepted in the scientific arena.
Instead of dismissing someone based on their beliefs, or what you think their beliefs are, why not try paying attention to what they say?

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#372431 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I've said repeatedly now that whether or not someone else chooses to accept it is up to them. I don't care. The problem comes when the non-believers try to dictate what can and cannot be believed.
I agree , I have no problem with belief.
Its yours to choose. But most are not like you, they come in and say creation happened like the bible says , and evolution is a lie,etc.
They deny all of science , and purport all manner of madness.
That is the dilemma we face here in America. Its not healthy
its not intelligent , and its holding back education in the US.

Indiana

#372432 Oct 20, 2011
Aura Mytha wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse, by the way, but science requires no "proof" either, as you cannot prove something to be true in science. All you can do in science is disprove something or support it with evidence and failed attempts to disprove it.

Indiana

#372433 Oct 20, 2011
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It started that way ,evolved that way ,is that way and remains that way.
I know good people are in it, but they have no idea the truth of it.
But its not just Christian it Muslim , and the Jewish , they are evil. I know it , you may refute this but it is to the core.
Designed to rob man make him fear, and feel guilt and subjugate him to submit to a non existent authority.
Ah, so you have some incredible insight to how Christianity started?
Now, go back and re-read what you posted, and ask your self if you can honestly be objected in any discussion about religion.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#372434 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't suggest that everything Plato said was true. I didn't suggest that because one thing was accurate meant that other things he said were accurate. My only point was that just because we have no evidence of something doesn't mean it cannot be true or is not true.
I guess I don't see what you are trying to argue here.

That he used the same technique as a modern psychic uses to
predict things.
We were lucky he did as it has been great inspiration throughout
history. Though most is just a earlier works compiled .

“Faith means not wanting to ”

Since: Nov 10

know what is true.

#372435 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You came in with a statement, responding to mine, that simply said something to the effect "such and such doesn't exist." (whether it was God, or the supernatural or whatever is irrelevant.)
That was it. No argument. Nothing backing it. Just hollow.
As I said, hollow opinion has no place in debate.
ALL debates will contain some opinion. That is where the word "hollow" comes in.
No I was talking to someone else and you made a statement to me, then I responded to you.
Happy reading.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

No you said no opinion have a place in a debate. You would have read that in one of your replies I just posted in a link.

Still giving yourself one set of rule and another set for us. Dig dig dig, your hole is only getting deeper.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#372436 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So I should completely throw out my personal experiences on a given subject simply because they are not reproducible and cannot be demonstrated to others?
THAT is what you are suggesting, and in my opinion THAT is insane.
Your personal experiences are reproducible and can be demonstrated scientifically. How do you choose which one of infinite possibilities to credit with your experiences? A better alternative is to start with the question and find the answer, not the other way around.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#372437 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to beat a dead horse, by the way, but science requires no "proof" either, as you cannot prove something to be true in science. All you can do in science is disprove something or support it with evidence and failed attempts to disprove it.
When I say proof I mean evidence it is true. Of course it is never proven
but the level of confidence can be 99.9 % it has to be falsifiable.
Or we would leave no room for further more detailed understanding.

Location hidden

#372438 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
While I am enjoying your debate tonight I do not understand what you mean here.
(No offense) Please clarify.

Indiana

#372439 Oct 20, 2011
Atomic_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay attacking is not the right word, you are going after me when I originally was talking to someone else (that I don't mine). It is this repetitive message you are telling, there are one lot of rules for theist and another for the rest of us that is irritating.
No, I said hollow opinion has no place in debate. That was what I originally said, that is all I said. Your attempt to refute what I said with "such and such doesn't exist." Is a hollow opinion as much as my trying to refute what you or someone else said with "[God, the supernatural, insert whatever you want here] does exist." would be.
The idea that I have laid down rules, or given different rules for some than others is just a construction of your imagination.
Atomic_G wrote:
No my hostility is against you, you seem to miss the fact that you are the one that has gotten yourself twisted at me stating my opinion.
I'm not twisted. Don't care much, really. Just pointed out that making a hollow statement doesn't refute what I said. Sorry if that upsets you. The fact is that every single statement you have made to me had contained at least one snide swipe at religious beliefs, regardless of the fact that I have not once submitted mine into the conversation. Personally, I don't care, but it is an obsession you should really look into.
Atomic_G wrote:
I also don't agree that you opinion is anymore valid then mine
I didn't say it was.
Atomic_G wrote:
, you are the one telling me it is hollow and I am expressing my opinion is no less worthy then yours. Like you said "evidence is in black and white" and it here that we can see you justifying you allowing your opinion and you telling me that I should keep mine to myself.
OK, Atomic, show me where I submitted my religious views. Show me where I said science is wrong. Show me where I said creationism is right. Show me where I even said I believe in any of it. You'll have to forgive me, but I really don't understand why you are getting bent all out of shape here.
Atomic_G wrote:
You just a hypocrite that has dug yourself into a hole and now you can't dig your way out
I think you should go back and re-read my posts. You are reading more into them than what is there.

Indiana

#372440 Oct 20, 2011
LEICA LOOK wrote:
<quoted text>While I am enjoying your debate tonight I do not understand what you mean here.
(No offense) Please clarify.
I'm not sure whether you are wanting me to clarify my statement that nothing can be proven true in science, or clarify how I think it applies to the conversation. Let me know which, and I'd be happy to clarify.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#372441 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention to the conversation and it won't seem like rambling to you.
The discussion was whether or not certain scientific theories could or could not be questioned. Not whether or not science should accept religious views (ie. creationism) which I've already said is not science and cannot be accepted in the scientific arena.
Instead of dismissing someone based on their beliefs, or what you think their beliefs are, why not try paying attention to what they say?
Obviously I'm paying mucho grande attention, as I did with the first realization of plate tectonics.
And tonight you, its been entertaining I do miss this from this forum ^^ intelligent conversation is a premium in topix.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#372442 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you have some incredible insight to how Christianity started?
Now, go back and re-read what you posted, and ask your self if you can honestly be objected in any discussion about religion.
Yes I can, with religions today.
But not with the history of the ones that were.
I think some of them try to do good ,and are basically a service to people. Some people really need this, its true. I'm just not one of them. I have a zillion christian friends. I'm probably the only person I know around me that has chosen a different path.

Indiana

#372443 Oct 20, 2011
Atomic_G wrote:
So I did. I apologize. As I've said repeatedly afterwards, I was referring to hollow opinions (I thought I had said it the first post, regardless I clarified in the second). Have you ever misspoke?

Location hidden

#372444 Oct 20, 2011
The Bald Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure whether you are wanting me to clarify my statement that nothing can be proven true in science, or clarify how I think it applies to the conversation. Let me know which, and I'd be happy to clarify.
"nothing can be proven true in science" this one. Coincidentally, one of my profs said just the opposite only this afternoon. That is why I am asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Clearwater 87,945
Yanbu Gays (May '15) 17 min octafus 19
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 34 min Randyballs 4
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 37 min Johnny 198
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min God Is Dead 619,172
Forbidden sex 48 min sinaa158 8
Ladies what's your size preference 51 min sinaa158 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 665,182
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,497
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 hr Devil number 666 466
The Future of Politics in America Sat Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web