Bongo

Bayport, NY

#366272 Oct 9, 2011
Pomona, you are a possessed schnook/parrot fish. Maybe youre a sedentary porker who needs exercise with an exorcism?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#366273 Oct 9, 2011
TheSimpleMan13830 wrote:
Face it, you're a spiritual failure by your own admission.
No, I failed to believe the Christian mythology. And if you're a Christian, you don't even know what spirituality is. How could you? Spirituality has nothing to do with spirits - holy or otherwise. It is a psychological experience, and a way of looking at nature.

The sense of spirituality, like all conscious sensations, is the result of a neuropsychological faculty situated in the brain and dedicated to producing in a certain type of phenomenal experience. Like all other such faculties, it is naturalistic in origin - a gift of evolution.

This sense of spirituality is a rich and robust experience - part sense of mystery, part a sense of awe, and part a sense of gratitude. It is a wonderful feeling, and its expression and experience should be nurtured for its own sake.

But it shouldn't be misinterpreted, as it so often is. One is only experiencing one's own mind, as we do when we experience lust, humor, beauty, goodness, or value in something. The sense of spirituality is as natural as any of those, and like them, is merely another adaptation in man that makes life feel better when we partake of it.

As usual, your priests have mangled this matter, and sucked the life out of it. For you, spiritualism is believing in ghosts and angels. For me, it is the breathtaking realizations that arises from a sense of connectedness with existence. This is my world, my planet, and my species. None are the garbage that your religion teaches that they are. Man is not fallen, animals are not soulless meat bags, and the earth is not expendable. If you're a Christian, you have been taught to believe those things, after which you wouldn't have a clue about spirituality.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#366274 Oct 9, 2011
pomona, youre a prolific soliloquist arent ya little feller.

Fennario

#366275 Oct 9, 2011
Tide with Beach wrote:
I wasn't trying to offend you. If I was trying to offend you I would ask you how often you can get three fingers in your pussy.
LOL.

Fennario

#366276 Oct 9, 2011
Buck Crick wrote:
None of these examples counter Yellowdog's citation that the country was established by men who believed in God. They wrote the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to prevent a national church, or a national "established religion" being enacted by Congress. Madison's statements only reinforce the reasoning. Madison also changed his views on religion and state at various times in his public life. He introduced legislation at one point entitled "Punishment for Sabbath-Breakers". At other times, he expressed the desire for a wall of separation.

We have only the Constitution to rely on. No national church. That was the full extent of its "separation".
If so, then it looks like you people got swindled again. That seems to happen a lot.

Doesn't that also define you as unfit to lead?
wadjet

Palisades Park, NJ

#366277 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
OH MY STARS! NOOOOOOOOOO you dipstick.
the example of light and darkness as in day and night was an example of GOD IS LIGHT
evil is darkness
when GOD is not present
there is no light and truth
which means there is darkness and evil.
God's presence has nothing to do with the literal day and night itself.
that was an example of light and darkness.
why am i re-explaining this?
11 If I say,“Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

Since: Oct 11

Bountiful, UT

#366278 Oct 9, 2011
Pomona Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The damn bible is bullshit in any language, you religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic evolution and death denying fundiseased godbot!
wow ... i just have to ask... are you happy in your life?
doesnt seem like it
ananta

Palisades Park, NJ

#366279 Oct 9, 2011
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a secret symbol among Christians to identify themselves as such.
incorporated from dagon and/or first avatar of vishnu, matsya
nehushtan

United States

#366281 Oct 9, 2011
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The things that man can do today that they couldn't do a few centuries ago, many of which were discovered through scientific study and research is a phenomenally long list.
yet these do not make people more moral, ethical, evil.

people choose through free will to believe or disbelieve.

these realizations of new technology do not insure that the users of such will look at the bigger picture, or only as another means for self-aggrandizement

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#366282 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
i am a LONG time bible student.
have taken courses and attended discipleship seminars and spent many years studing the word of God under the leadership of acredited bible scholars.
i did wise up.
My chihuahua has studied an IR sensitive electronic bird chirper for years now. I think he has made more progress in understanding what that is than you have in understanding what the Buy Bull really is.

Ability to comprehend and intelligence plays a bigger role than does the number of years spent "studying" something.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#366283 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE WRAPED.
don't even post this trash to me.
i suggest you read the bible IF you want truth.
otherwise continue on wallowing in ignorance.
It is you who do not understand what is written in your genesis accoult ...perhaps you need to read it over and over until what IS written actually sinks into your lead lined skull.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#366284 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
do you even know why the fish represents the Christian faith?
Of course... because christians are "fish".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#366285 Oct 9, 2011
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
How can you look at all of Creation and not know there is a God?

The universe is built on simple, elegant and orderly theories like general relativity or building blocks, like the periodic table of elements. So much of Creation can be explained with mathematical formulas. The bio-chemisty and interdepency of life on Earth is so complex, how can it possibly be the result of random chemical reactions? What caused the Big Bang and what was before that?

God is the ultimate astro-physicist, geologist and bio-chemical engineer. Science is nothing more than the reverse engineering of Creation. The Book of Genesis was a parable (a short tale that illustrates universal truth), just as Jesus, God the Son, told.

So there you go. What more proof would you like?

Considering the evidence, its incument upon you to prove there *isn't* a God and all this is the result of random interactions of particles and energy. That seems to be the far less likely explaination.

Location hidden

#366286 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to turn your computer off and go outside and get some fresh air, maybe take the yellowpages with you and find a good counsler to help you overcome these inapproprate thoughts you have.
Thank you for that advice. I think a young 18 year old female camp counselor would be of great help to me.

Fennario

#366287 Oct 9, 2011
Bongo wrote:
heres mine, You are a perfidious pompous aging sack of shit. If you ever found a group of people you liked , they would not like you.
Ah, the peace that passeth all understanding. How great thou art! LOL.

How can I tap into this abundant font of strength and moral courage, and taste of this infinite satisfaction? What a shabby religion.
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
My, my. Feel that Christian luv.
I was offended that that hadn't been written to me. When you get a post like that one, you know you'e hit home.

Location hidden

#366288 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
nature is nature. it works AS nature. not as God.
if you get sick and go out and hug a pondarosa pine, it will not heal you.
if you need counseling and you talk to a butterfly bush it will not guide you in the way to go.
GOD will.
Neither will your pastor, priest, or bible.

Fennario

#366289 Oct 9, 2011
La Strega Kaitlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean I don't have to buy Halloween candy this year?
Should I change my plans for the hot tub orgy at the castle?
Not the Caste Anthrax?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#366290 Oct 9, 2011
Joe RPh wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you look at all of Creation and not know there is a God?
The universe is built on simple, elegant and orderly theories like general relativity or building blocks, like the periodic table of elements. So much of Creation can be explained with mathematical formulas. The bio-chemisty and interdepency of life on Earth is so complex, how can it possibly be the result of random chemical reactions? What caused the Big Bang and what was before that?
God is the ultimate astro-physicist, geologist and bio-chemical engineer. Science is nothing more than the reverse engineering of Creation. The Book of Genesis was a parable (a short tale that illustrates universal truth), just as Jesus, God the Son, told.
So there you go. What more proof would you like?
Considering the evidence, its incument upon you to prove there *isn't* a God and all this is the result of random interactions of particles and energy. That seems to be the far less likely explaination.
If something so grand and complex as the universe could not have come from *nothing*.... how could an even more grand and complex 'creator' have come from *nothing*?

Your proposition makes no sense! Did nothing create your God so that he could then make everything else? If so, why couldn't everything else simply have come from nothing??
Susanne

Perth, Australia

#366291 Oct 9, 2011
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you. i will be most happy to pray for you.
i reside in Lake Cumberland Kentucky in America.
grew up in Cincinnati Ohio.
God works in strange ways thats for sure.
and miracles happen every day.
i was much like you, for years thought i was a Christian because i grew up in a christian home, attended church, and made a profession of faith at a young age.
but something was still missing in my innerself.
and i discovered 'GOD' in a very real encounter when someone close to me told me to start 'testing the scriptures'. and the more i did, the more eye opening it was.
i remember sitting in church praying and feeling something pass by me and looking around and seeing no one moving about.
i bowed my head again and continued on in my praying, and i felt an UNMISTAKABLE prescence around me. it was one of those moments you just KNEW something was happening.
not long after that my dad who had been sick with heart desease for a long time, was rushed to the ER with a massive heart attack which litterally damaged the entire bottom lobe of his heart making it impossible for the heart to pump itself.
without fluid building up.
my father was a man who believed in God but was most logical and never talked alot about God or was given over to emotionalism.
when he said something you knew he was being straight with you.
they shocked him back from death.
and he had a tear on his cheek, mom and i in shock.
fear.
i couldn't bear the thought of loosing my dad, we were so close.
im an only child.
and he looked at us both and was aggravated almost mad, and said
"WHY DID YOU BRING ME BACK? IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL" mom said,
what was so beautiful, and He said, HEAVEN. He said,'i saw it, and it was so beautiful.' my father was the kind of man who would of probley thought someone else was goofey for saying such a thing.
but HE WAS SO SERIOUS.
and i knew my dad well enough to know HE NEVER LIED TO ME.
ever.
and the look in eyes are burnt in my memory for ever.
it was a look i will never forget.
he died 3 weeks later, and His experience had such a profound impact on my faith.
Thank you very much Yelowdog. I am also an only child and was lonely untill I had Jesus in my life. I had a lot of friends but they never filled the place reserved for God. I also had a wonderful father just like yours and being English did not show a lot of emotion. Looking back however I realse he was very sensitive. He was a wonderful man who did everything for his family and never thought of himself. He was our rock just like God. He loved the Bible and said Satan trembles when he sees a man on hid knees. I will be in touch with you again. It has been wonderful to meet you. I travelled with a lot of Americans and found them all very different. Mac from Maryland looked after me so well in Asmara,Ethiopia. I will never forget him. He made artificial legs for kids who lost them in land mine explosions. He had no ulterior motive. I will be in touch. God bless you. Love Sue.

Fennario

#366292 Oct 9, 2011
Pomona Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a brainwashed self-righteous redneck bitch yesterday. You are a brainwashed self-righteous redneck bitch today. You will be a brainwashed self-righteous redneck bitch tomorrow.
Wisdom of the ages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min ChristineM 229,951
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min atemcowboy 548,576
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min An NFL Fan 118,647
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min lil whispers 602,168
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min EdmondWA 96,122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Catcher1 174,424
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min RADEKT 261,650
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 1 hr MeHere 388
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 2 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE