“Google Operation Northwoods”
Since: Aug 10
** 9-11 was an inside job **
#135 Apr 14, 2013
China has sought to draw North Korea close, providing aid and investment and urging it to follow Chinas lead in opening up for economic modernization. Aid to North Korea grew from a third of Chinas aid budget a decade ago to half of its now-larger aid budget, according to Scott A. Snyder, senior fellow for Korea studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.
During visits to China, Kim Jong Il was taken to cellphone and car factories, fiber-optic plants and other showcases of Chinese economic reform. In 2011, the countries agreed to create two special economic zones in North Korea.
Trevors example was right..
China and North Korea are working together...along with Russia, no matter what the MSM says.
#136 Apr 14, 2013
Chinese firms breaking UN embargo on North Korea
Chinese firms are breaking a United Nations embargo by supplying North Korea with key components for ballistic missiles including launch vehicles, according to evidence provided by an intelligence agency in the region.
#137 Apr 15, 2013
Foreign governments have been struggling to assess how seriously to take North Korea's
SKorea prepares for attack...
recent torrent of rhetoric - including warnings of possible nuclear war - as it expresses its anger over continuing US-South Korea military manoeuvres just across the border.
Officials in South Korea, the United States and Japan say intelligence indicates that North Korean officials, fresh from an underground nuclear test in February, are ready to launch a medium-range missile.
On Sunday, the North rejected the South proposal to resolve tensions through dialogue.
CPRK Warns US, S. Korea Not to Make Misjudgment
Kerry presses China to exert pressure on North Korea
British university attacks BBC over covert North Korea trip
I say let them have their nukes just like all the other countries have them. If you don't want your neighbor to have them, then dispose of yours also
Now since that is not happening anytime too soon then let N/K have their nukes and let China, Russia and the UN send a team in to help them with safety factors. Then send food to the poor thru the UN. Many wars could have been avoided had the hungry been taken care of. And that would be UN distributed, not just dropped in by helicopter.
Keep poking the lion thru the cage bars and when he grabs you don't wonder why.
You get better results using honey than you do using vinegar.
Besides the West and it's allies are the pot in this case to all others are the kettle:
"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."
"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean without blemish or blot
That your blackness is mirrored in me."
#138 Apr 15, 2013
If all of these countries can create and stockpile illegal nukes then the rest of the world should have the same rights as well
1 United States
2 Soviet Union/Russia
3 United Kingdom
9 North Korea
10 South Africa
They should be banned all over the world and destroyed...imho
#140 Apr 15, 2013
10 Unbelievable Facts About Nuclear Weapons:
In order to maintain its nuclear arsenal, the United States of America spends $100 million everyday.
There are thousands of nuclear missiles that the US and Russia have on stand-by, also known as 'hair-trigger alert'. Once these missiles are launched, there is no way to recall them.
'Little Boy', which was dropped on Hiroshima and killed 140,000 people had a yield of 13 kilotons. Today's bombs can have a yield of 50,000 kilotons, or 50 megatons.
A 5 megaton bomb is the same as all the explosives put together that were used in World War II.
The US and Russia together possess more than 90% of the world's nuclear arsenal.
In the past 70 years, around 50 nuclear weapons have been lost, and still remain unaccounted for.
Over the decades, both the US and Russia have spent more than $5 trillion each on building nuclear weapons.
The US alone needs more than 15,000 square miles to maintain its nuclear bases and facilities.
Even if one is hidden in an underground bunker, surviving a nuclear attack still isn't 100% certain.
The amount of nuclear weapons the world possesses right now, is more than enough to wipe out mankind from the face of the earth, many times over.
“9/11 Twoof = STUPID ”
Since: Jun 07
Manhattan, New York
#141 Apr 16, 2013
In North Korea;
One-third of children are stunted, due to malnutrition, according to the World Food Program.
- The average life expectancy, 69, has fallen by five years since the early 1980s, according to the blog North Korea Economy Watch. The blog notes that those figures are based on official statistics, so the real numbers could be even lower.
- Inflation may be as high as 100 percent, due to mismanagement of the currency.
- Most workers earn $2 to $3 per month in pay from the government. Some work on the side or sell goods in local markets, earning an extra $10 per month or so.
- Most homes and apartments are heated by open fireplaces burning wood or briquettes. Many lack flush toilets.
- Electric power is sporadic and unreliable, with homes that have electricity often receiving just a few hours per day.
- Families that can afford them often have two TVs, according to New Focus International, a website that features dispatches from North Korean exiles; one TV is pre-set to state channels airing propaganda, while the second, illegal set is used to watch South Korean TV programs. Even so, fluctuating voltage in the electrical current often causes the screen to keep changing size, "going from big to small repeatedly," according to one exile report.
- Some of the most popular contraband items are DVDs of South Korean TV shows, which North Koreans often trade or sell among themselves.
- Parents who send their kids to schools are expected to provide desks, chairs, building materials and cash to pay for heating fuel. Some students are put to work producing goods for the government or gathering up discarded materials. Parents can bribe teachers to exempt their kids from labor or just keep them away from school, even though that violates official policy.
- North Korea has a "free" medical system, but hospital patients must pay for their own drugs, cover the cost of heat, and prepare all their own meals at home.
- Among the privileged class, cosmetics are considered "an ostentatious display of wealth," according to the KINU report. South Korean brands are preferred over inferior Chinese or North Korean products.
- There are about 1.5 million mobile phone users in North Korea, but service is spotty and no Internet is available. One popular use for mobile phones: as a "torch" to provide light when the power goes out at night.
- Kim Jong Un may be worth as much as $5 billion, according to the South Korean news organization Chosun Ilbo. The money comes from state-run enterprises as well as sales of narcotics, counterfeiting, and other types of criminality. It's believed to be held in hundreds of bank accounts - outside of North Korea - By Rick Newman U.S.News & World Report
Since: Apr 09
#145 Apr 17, 2013
Your pathetic yearning for some sort of conflict in Korea is sociopathic.
You're also going to be sorely disappointed.
The little fat man in North Korea will huff and puff every day and will continue to be mocked by the rest of the world. Meanwhile, the military exercises between the US and South Korea will continue as planned and will end on April 30 as planned.
Then, on May 1, the fat little dictator will say something like "HA! I brought an end to the evil military exercises" and the world will laugh it him some more.
Then everyone will ignore him while he gets fatter as his people starve.
“9/11 Twoof = STUPID ”
Since: Jun 07
Manhattan, New York
#146 Apr 17, 2013
That's because Fontain is a miserable little bastard with no family or friends .... all he has is in life are obscure internet forums
Add your comments below
|The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15)||1 min||Kaitlin the Wolf ...||78,326|
|Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07)||4 min||Robert F||661,605|
|Bush is a hero (Sep '07)||9 min||X Pendable||183,798|
|Prove there's a god. (Mar '08)||39 min||Brian_G||975,317|
|My dirty kk is eerdem11||1 hr||eerdem11||2|
|Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15)||1 hr||Spider1954||3,232|
|Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07)||1 hr||onemale||283,703|
Find what you want!
Search Top Stories Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC