of 130
Next Last

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

#2650 Oct 10, 2010
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, well. Is this my Lady of the Lake?
I thought it might be you, but you've adopted a new nom de plume.
Tough dude? Maybe, more apropos would be crazy but no fool. LOL
When I planned our expedition date, it was with the expectation that the weather would be it's normal 104' in the hills and a pleasant 65-70' in the mountains. Then the freak storm hit. Oh well, when you set a date, you keep it.
I did get a little grumbling feedback from the ladies though. 8D
I've never been to the Green River area of Colorado, one day it's gonna happen. There's so much history from old west wagon trails and the gold/silver rushes around there. Sure would like to ride the rapids in the Colorado too, but if somebody ever did that to my sleeping bag, it would be severe payback and grudge time. Sleeping dry is one of my high priorities. There've been to many times snow camping where freeze drying socks and other clothes was the only way to get them somewhat wearable again on the trip. Yuk!
Yeah, it's that time to start preparing for winter, bet you enjoyed all the camping at the lake. It's deer season and time for canning veggies from the garden. Stocking up the larder for the indoor cold times when all I can eat is determined by all I can cook. Stew, venison chili, beans and hamhocks, etc. Good stick-to-your-ribs comfort food.
Take care, good to hear from you my friend.
Peace and health to you.
Hi IOS!

Yes, I am the lady of the lake, although I moved out over 3 weeks ago.

When I ran the green I started in Wyoming until it ended, and proceeded down the Co.
It was a month on the water in the summer.
Although I don't normally burn, it was much too much in a stretch.
It was great though, had my own boat running the Green, a Sportyak.
Rowed and rowed and rowed until we hit fast water.
I had never rowed either, and believe me it's a great way to build much muscle quickly, and blisters.

Freeze-dried socks, gotta love em, better than freeze-dried shorts I spose.
I loved hearing about your trip, unfortunate about the bad weather, always seems to happen when one has plans.
You tell such vivid stories that I can almost visualize being there, which is likely the closest I'll get.

Thank you for sharing and sounds like you're getting prepared for Father Winter, lololol.
Can't blame it all on females!

I almost didn't find this thread, it seems to have gotten lost, so I'll "re=boot" it!

Peace out, my friend ... and all of God's wondrous blessings to you and yours ...

“Laugther is the best medicine”

Since: Apr 08

whereever I am at

#2653 Feb 2, 2011
I know lets take a coin toss it in the air and call it. Heads he existed and tails he didn't. We would at least have a 50-50 chance of being right. It your call. If you believe he existed great and if you don't well good for you.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2654 Feb 2, 2011
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sending me mixed signals here, boo.
Just a couple of posts ago you wrote:
"Man, therfore created gods from the beginning of recorded history and likely before.
I don't think any Christian or Muslim would have any trouble denying that the gods of the Greeks or the gods of the Romans, were invented by man, yet suddenly some 4000 or 6000 years ago, a real god suddenly appeared and made himself know to man. Is that not a bit silly?"
So tell me; are you atheist, agnostic or do you believe in God?
Thanks in advance.
It is clear that "man" wishes for the existence of a "god(s)". It is very easy to see the reason for this desire. After all much of "what happens" in this reality is not controlled by man. Man has much interest in controlling "nature" from rain for his crops, to health of his livestock, to long life and enjoyment there of; man wishes to control the vagrancies of life.

So a deity is convenient, one makes application to the deity for control over the "uncontrollable" (For an explanation of "what pleases the deity, one needs only ask the tithe collectors)

Location hidden

#2655 Feb 2, 2011
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sending me mixed signals here, boo.
Just a couple of posts ago you wrote:
"Man, therfore created gods from the beginning of recorded history and likely before.
I don't think any Christian or Muslim would have any trouble denying that the gods of the Greeks or the gods of the Romans, were invented by man, yet suddenly some 4000 or 6000 years ago, a real god suddenly appeared and made himself know to man. Is that not a bit silly?"
So tell me; are you atheist, agnostic or do you believe in God?
Thanks in advance.
Depends upon what is meant by "god" - see "Spinoza's god"

The god of the christian bible can be easily seen as mythology, where the god projected, is a vile and evil monster not worthy of respect.

Location hidden

#2656 Feb 2, 2011
nightwalker wrote:
I know lets take a coin toss it in the air and call it. Heads he existed and tails he didn't. We would at least have a 50-50 chance of being right. It your call. If you believe he existed great and if you don't well good for you.
If "he" is the bible god, than a coin is the wrong device, it is improperly weighted.

“Laugther is the best medicine”

Since: Apr 08

whereever I am at

#2657 Feb 14, 2011
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If "he" is the bible god, than a coin is the wrong device, it is improperly weighted.
O.K. then how about we just cut the cards. Thanks to topix's I have seen that it all lies with one word "belief".
jennifer

Moberly, MO

#2658 Feb 14, 2011
I beleave in him,i know he's real.

“Come into my Parlour”

Santiago, Chile

#2659 Apr 15, 2011
jennifer wrote:
I beleave in him,i know he's real.
How do you know?
Afro Podz 1990

Athens, GA

#2660 Feb 2, 2013
FromSatanist2Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Arular, I am so glad that you are a servant of Christ! GOD has given us the gifts to help ourselves and others who are or may be in the same situation. The gifts HE'S given us is to use it for His glory and honor. HE deserves all the praises! Amytime the enemy begins to attack, say, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, THE LORD REBUKES YOU AND CAST YOU AWAY FROM MY PRESENCE BECAUSE YOU, SATAN AND DEMONS HAVE NO POWER OVER ME, BECAUSE JESUS LIVES IN ME IS GREATER THAN YOU AND DEMONS WHO ARE IN THIS WORLD! " IN JESUS' NAME! AMEN."

Thnx. I have witnessed how the wicked responded to my reply by calling my experience laughable. That will never deter me, only makes me stronger to the infinite power of Christ! If you conduct a study about Sleep Paralysis, you'll find out how people are able to break free of it by mentioning Jesus Christ! I am telling you, HE IS REAL!!!!!!!!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#2661 Feb 2, 2013
I KNOW the person I was before I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ,and only the 'supernatural indwelling' of a 'Holy Influence' could change my mindset about sin from what it used to be. Let all the earth PRAISE the Precious Holy Spirit of our Lord and Saviour,the Lord Jesus Christ,who gave Himself for the sins of the entire world!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2662 Feb 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I KNOW the person I was before I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ,and only the 'supernatural indwelling' of a 'Holy Influence' could change my mindset about sin from what it used to be. Let all the earth PRAISE the Precious Holy Spirit of our Lord and Saviour,the Lord Jesus Christ,who gave Himself for the sins of the entire world!
Or, as is most likely the case, your human ability to change your life direction, as all of us do, usually many times in a lifetime. Whether someone mysterious, unseen, never proved entity helped you, or you just made a decision to make a change, it happened.

Your evidence, though I respect your right to 'believe' it, is actually valueless to anyone else, because no one can see what caused your change.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#2664 Mar 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Just keepin' it REAL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 130
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min It aint necessari... 37,131
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min Steve III 44,260
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 640,989
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,277
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr jasiEL 104,546
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr jasiEL 1,695
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 280,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 969,780
More from around the web