Are Religious Fanatics Stealing our F...

Are Religious Fanatics Stealing our Freedom?

Created by Hmmmm on Oct 27, 2007

1,007 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Maybe, Not Sure.

They try, but don't succeed.

Other (Please explain).

First Prev
of 47
Next Last

[email protected] il.com”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Oct 27, 2007
well, they are sure trying.........
IDIOTA UNOS

Ocala, FL

#2 Oct 27, 2007
Hello Wheezy

How are you?

Yes, all have to cautious of those who holds and practice radical ideological extremism with a fantical religious world-wide powerbase ,the infidels, established just to brainwash the weak, the poor... with evil apparutuses and with evil mad man-made tools to get sheeps to do their evil biddings!

“Jesus SAVES!”

Since: Aug 07

windey city

#3 Oct 27, 2007
No.

All of Amerca should be a Christian Countrey.

Prase Jesus!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 27, 2007
Wheezy wrote:
well, they are sure trying.........
Trying, but not succeeding. Thank Goodness. If they ever succeeded in making this country a "Be Christian or die" nation, this nation would quickly dissolve into chaos, mainly due to the fact that most religions believe they are the "only" way. This is turn would bring out "holy wars" to wipe out all "nonbelievers".

“Don't Take it Personal...”

Since: Oct 07

Murphys,CA

#5 Oct 28, 2007
Olivia J wrote:
No.
Prase Jesus!
No thanks...It started out as a "Free Country" and that is how it should stay. I can not be forced to believe something that I feel is not true.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#6 Oct 28, 2007
Remember...Boycott Best-Buy this year because they refuse to say Merry Christmas!
roaringrogo

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2007
Religious Fanatic isa name giving to a person by non-believers.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2007
In my most humble opinion, the ACLU will guard against this ever happening.

Lincolnton, NC

#9 Oct 28, 2007
Most certainly WE the people was established upon certain & particular religious opinions like Jefferson's:

The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom

Thomas Jefferson, 1786

Well aware that Almighty God hath created the mind free; that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burdens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness, and are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion, who being Lord both of body and mind, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was in his Almighty power to do; that the impious presumption of legislators and rulers, civil as well as ecclesiastical, who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men, have assumed dominion over the faith of others, setting up their own opinions and modes of thinking as the only true and infallible, and as such endeavoring to impose them on others, hath established and maintained false religions over the greatest part of the world, and through all time; that to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves, is sinful and tyrannical; that even the forcing him to support this or that teacher of his own religious persuasion, is depriving him of the comfortable liberty of giving his contributions to the particular pastor whose morals he would make his pattern, and whose powers he feels most persuasive to righteousness, and is withdrawing from the ministry those temporal rewards, which proceeding from an approbation of their personal conduct, are an additional incitement to earnest and unremitting labors for the instruction of mankind; that our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions, more than our opinions in physics or geometry;

Do "evangelicals" accept this?
Of course not. But yet they claim that WE were founded on "Judeao-christian principles". When in fact the Founders embraced the Deistic notion of "free will" & the equal protection thereof.
Foxxe47

United States

#10 Oct 28, 2007
Straight Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying, but not succeeding. Thank Goodness. If they ever succeeded in making this country a "Be Christian or die" nation, this nation would quickly dissolve into chaos, mainly due to the fact that most religions believe they are the "only" way. This is turn would bring out "holy wars" to wipe out all "nonbelievers".
That's what they're after...that's why they're always pushing the envelope. My christian missionary sister warned me many years ago that the "holy war" was coming whether or not I accepted her words. I told her at the time, and still maintain, that it will only happen if we LET it happen. If no-one challenges these power freaks, anything can happen....but sometimes, if you give someone enough rope, they eventually hang themselves.

We've already seen some of that happen back in 1994 when right-wing Republicans took over the Congress, especially that snot-nosed Newt Gingrich. He gloated and gloated and rubbed salt in so many wounds. And look where it got him AND the Republicans. Gingrich wound up as political roadkill and extremist Republicans are scrambling to retain their place in politics as well as in the hearts and minds of Americans.

I believe that the tide is turning and that Americans are starting (at long last) to FINALLY smarten up and get off their dead butts to reclaim America from the clutches of those who would destroy it for their own gain. If we can fight wars all over the world to supposedly spread "democracy", why in hell can't we get up the guts to fight the battles that need be right here at home to save our OWN country?

Maybe my sister is right, but I'm putting my money on the true patriots who are tired of watching a bunch of extremist right-wing zealots destroy what so many sacrificed and died for.

We can make a choice of a verbal war or a physical confrontation. If enough people get the guts to step forward to protect their own country, then sheer numbers will drive down the antagonists. If, however, we leave Bush at the helm or elect someone like him (like Hillary or any of the hard right-wingers), we can look forward to a life-and-death battle for the very air we breathe.
Foxxe47

United States

#11 Oct 28, 2007
roaringrogo wrote:
Religious Fanatic isa name giving to a person by non-believers.
Religious fanatic is a term used to denote one who carries his beliefs to a state above and beyond and, in many cases, contrary to the tenets of the actual religion itself. The term is used by everyone, not just "non-believers".

By the way, there's a term for you...Religious zealots love to call anyone who does not agree with them or who fail to fall for their lines a "non-believer". They may truly believe in God, just not the bull crap that zealots expound.
Foxxe47

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2007
JGP123 wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks...It started out as a "Free Country" and that is how it should stay. I can not be forced to believe something that I feel is not true.
Olivia, like so many others of lesser intelligence and more easily swayed by emotional appeal, buy into anything that "sounds" strong. Reminds me of the way Germans bought into Hitler because he had a big, loud mouth and seized power from others by force. Too bad that Olivia and others like her can't see the damage they're doing to their own country and the people in it. She, and they, are simply pawns in the hands of the real power brokers who could give a damn less about Olivia and others like her. In that respect alone, I have sympathy for Olivia.
Foxxe47

United States

#13 Oct 28, 2007
Curtis Lowe wrote:
Remember...Boycott Best-Buy this year because they refuse to say Merry Christmas!
What's the matter....didn't they bow or salute when you came in their store?

You're probably one of those behind the big P&G rumor campaign/boycotts a few years back. You and the other hate and fear-mongers trying to impose your special brand of "capitalism" on the world, right? What dupes you are LOL!! You can't even see that you're being used yourself by one big industry against another.
Foxxe47

United States

#14 Oct 28, 2007
madee in tn wrote:
In my most humble opinion, the ACLU will guard against this ever happening.
We can only hope. I don't have a lot of faith anymore in the institutions and agencies that once controlled this country and protected it from power-brokers. Even Congress is composed of so many wimps only concerned with how they'll do in the polls. How refreshing it would be to one day see a single man of courage stand up and run against the wind of popularity so that he could do the right thing for the most number of Americans REGARDLESS of financial situation, race, color, creed, gender, etc. I thought we had a few with the right equipment, but they, too, have been "bought".

Someone once said that the quickest way for a civilization to fall is for enough good men to do nothing. That seems to be what is happening in America. We have the brains and ability but lack the guts to step up to the plate and take charge against those who would destroy America for their own personal gains.

Apathy, my friends, is our real enemy.....NOT the terrorists or some foreign power. We are our own worst enemy when we practice denial and refuse to see what's happening or to do anything about it.

“Go Red Wings!!!”

Plainfield Township MI

#15 Oct 28, 2007
You're probably one of those behind the big P&G rumor campaign/boycotts a few years back.

Nope, that was Amway.
Foxxe47

United States

#16 Oct 28, 2007
Bobbiez wrote:
You're probably one of those behind the big P&G rumor campaign/boycotts a few years back.
Nope, that was Amway.
Yes, I remember that. P&G spent a fortune tracking down the perpetrators. As it turned out, so many more jumped on the bandwagon and were arrested, including some Catholic nuns from western NY out near Buffalo.

From what I understand, the controversy is still going on. As soon as the company stamps it out in one area, it turns up in another like a bad penny.

If nothing else, it shows the level of ignorance in this country. I'm surprised that Jim Jones had so few followers when it's so apparent that many will believe anything and follow anyone that preaches it.

“The Evil Parallel Universe”

Since: May 07

Terran Empire

#17 Oct 28, 2007
Olivia J wrote:
No.
Prase Jesus!

If they learn how to spell . We might have something to worry about .

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

#18 Oct 28, 2007
Olivia J wrote:
No.
Prase Jesus!
You go girl!

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

#19 Oct 28, 2007
JGP123 wrote:
<quoted text>
A Free Country. Religous freedom not state run religion. But that didn't mean freedom from any religion. They were Europeans that started this country and they were all religous. It didn't come in to play until later, the fighting that is.
THE REAL REALITY CHECK

Auburn Hills, MI

#20 Oct 28, 2007
Justice Anthony Kennedy, writing for the majority of the U.S. Supreme Court in the decision overturning Colorado's Amendment 2 referendum

"We cannot accept the view that Amendment s prohibition on specific legal protections does no more than deprive homosexuals of special rights. To the contrary, the amendment imposes a special disability on those persons alone.

Anyone trying to enforce their religious doctrines on someone else, by trying to weaken the separation of church and state, by undermining the Bill of Rights will not be accepted in this court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min bacon hater 969,872
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Steve III 641,159
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Neville Thompson 44,288
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 104,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min here 37,677
OJ Simpson will be in REAL danger if he gets ou... 15 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min here 280,859
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Janitor Of The LORD 618,334
More from around the web