“GOD IS GOOD”

Since: Mar 08

Home of the Buckeyes GO BUCKS

#24812 Jul 9, 2008
Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus [our] brother,

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Col 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
jennifer

Hobart, IN

#24813 Jul 9, 2008
jesus is a corpse wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont swing that way,honey....lol
i have been responding to the forums under religion under local life . i am a saved christian and my story is close to yours jenniferminor80@aol.com
jennifer

Hobart, IN

#24814 Jul 9, 2008
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are the scavengers, silly. You even eat your savior and drink his blood.
Something about that just doesn't seem right to me.
Are christians actually vampires?
:p
thats catholic not christian

“Keeping my fingers crossed ...”

Since: Aug 07

Life's enduring gifts

#24815 Jul 9, 2008
Sister, you wondered about other denominations and their beliefs. This is a wonderful link that contains information about Lutheran beliefs. There was just to much information to present by posting, so this is the most convenient way to get it all to you.

http://archive.elca.org/communication/brief.h...
jennifer

Hobart, IN

#24816 Jul 9, 2008
Fish wrote:
<quoted text>
One day at mass, the priest angrily chastised the congregation during his homily for believing the Eucharistic bread was symbolic of taking Christ in. He advised that we had a duty to believe in trans-substantiation -- that the bread wafer and wine literally transformed into Christ's body and blood. That was merely one symptom of the many factors that lead me to leave the church.
well yeah you should have left the church its a catholic church

Life's enduring gifts

#24817 Jul 9, 2008
Phyllis, I should add that I don't blindly accept all of what's stated in there. I'm still "on the fence" about some of it.

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#24818 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
Phyllis, I should add that I don't blindly accept all of what's stated in there. I'm still "on the fence" about some of it.
Glad to see you back RS. Is everything OK? I got your back just remember that.
kay

United States

#24819 Jul 9, 2008
Sister Phyllis wrote:
<quoted text>
This is beautiful Kay. Thank you. I agree.
I can add it to my references. Good job!!
Bless you. God is good.
ok
kay

United States

#24820 Jul 9, 2008
Sister Phyllis wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you Kay, and I'm glad you are feeling better.
smiling

Life's enduring gifts

#24821 Jul 9, 2008
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see you back RS. Is everything OK? I got your back just remember that.
Yeah, I'm still not posting in the RIP WIP thread yet, though. How To Confirm pissed me off so bad I may never go back there and I started that thread! I reported him/her to Topix and hit the report abuse button on every one of his posts and give as many negative judgies as I can. Thanks for covering my back.
kay

United States

#24822 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
Sister, you wondered about other denominations and their beliefs. This is a wonderful link that contains information about Lutheran beliefs. There was just to much information to present by posting, so this is the most convenient way to get it all to you.
smiling good
kay

United States

#24823 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
welcome back

“GOD IS GOOD”

Since: Mar 08

Home of the Buckeyes GO BUCKS

#24824 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
Hi RS. Thank you so much for the link. I will definitely mark it as a favorite. My Brother-In-Law's mother and sister is of the Lutheran faith alos.

How are you today? I'm doing good. Bless you.

#24825 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm still not posting in the RIP WIP thread yet, though. How To Confirm pissed me off so bad I may never go back there and I started that thread! I reported him/her to Topix and hit the report abuse button on every one of his posts and give as many negative judgies as I can. Thanks for covering my back.
You know X is on that thread quite a bit and he is doing his thing. i have reported abuse and i am sure others have too. Go back and just ignore him, you shouldn't miss out because of one Jacka ss. Wayne has been staying away and a few of us have been trying to get him squared away also. John realy has laid into him a few times now. don't give up, ever!!!!
kay

United States

#24826 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i was thinking some one upset you and so a fews other as going back o the room that up to you. i wish you tell me who .
by mail. i miss a few posts i guess. i am smiling because you back

“DEATH IS COMING”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#24827 Jul 9, 2008

#24828 Jul 9, 2008
kay wrote:
<quoted text> i was thinking some one upset you and so a fews other as going back o the room that up to you. i wish you tell me who .
by mail. i miss a few posts i guess. i am smiling because you back
Kay, the posters name is How To Confirm and he has realy upset RS with what he says in his posts.

Life's enduring gifts

#24829 Jul 9, 2008
Kay and NorCal, both of you gave good advice. I'll show up later this evening. Right now housework (ugh) beckons.
kay

United States

#24830 Jul 9, 2008
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay, the posters name is How To Confirm and he has realy upset RS with what he says in his posts.
thank norcal i believe river and other need to report this whosoever is to topix i will go back in and look around do you know what posts i is or it all of them

#24831 Jul 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
Kay and NorCal, both of you gave good advice. I'll show up later this evening. Right now housework (ugh) beckons.
Noooooooooooooo!!!! housework yuck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 98,826
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 825,547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Regina 582,768
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 min Paul Porter1 442,469
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 22 min Paul Porter1 70,123
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min Seriously__ 3,003
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min WildWeirdWillie 176,364
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Paul Porter1 611,777
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr courteous europhobe 121,616
More from around the web