lincoln
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2013
I finally went to a movie theatre and saw "Lincoln." It is a great film. I think that the last film that I went to see at a theatre was "Gangs of New York," which came out in 2002, so it has been eleven years since I have seen a movie at a theatre. And both films starred Daniel Day Lewis, who is a great actor.

Lincoln was a great President, he represented what the USA is all about, and he was a Republican and he represented what the Republican party is all about, so I was glad to see that Spielberg created a really good film about Lincoln. James Madison, the father of our Constitution, knew that it would take a civil war to end slavery, and James Madison knew that it would take a civil war to fully establish our Republic, and it all came during Lincoln's time, Lincoln rose to the occasion and he established his place in history. Daniel Day Lewis put in a wonderful performance, Spielberg did a great job, the writing is good, it is a good film, and I would highly recommend it. And maybe the film will inspire people to want to study and learn more about history.

Other than that, I noticed that a lot of the shops are empty at the mall where the theatre is located, which is a sign of our current bad economy. And it cost me $9.25 to see the film, and there were only four other people in the theatre watching the film with me, so that is another sign of the bad economy, not many people can afford the money to see a film. Lincoln had issues to deal with in his time, and our current President has his issues to deal with, and one of the main issues for our current President is the bad economy, which will only get worse until the correct action is taken to improve things.

Here is a thread with a few of my ideas on it pertaining to the issue of saving and improving our world economy...

Link...

http://www.topix.com/forum/com/wpo/T9PNMKNUIN...

Salute,

Tony V.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 590,943
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Tide with Beach 840,127
Ellen DeGeneres Sick 33 min Fred 1
Israel End is Near 1 hr Someone 113
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 40,546
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Baby chrome 100,094
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr razz58 2,442
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr Truths 612,220
More from around the web