Trapped Australian Miners Rescued After 2 Weeks

There are 7 comments on the Cbs3.com story from May 8, 2006, titled Trapped Australian Miners Rescued After 2 Weeks. In it, Cbs3.com reports that:

Two Australian miners who survived for two weeks in a kennel-size cage trapped 3,000 feet underground walked out of the Beaconsfield Gold Mine early Tuesday and punched the air, freed by rescue crews drilling ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs3.com.

john

United States

#1 May 9, 2006
Good to have some up-lifting news for a change, glad to hear it.
Glance Winslow

London, UK

#2 May 9, 2006
This is news?
cktirumalai

Washington, DC

#3 May 9, 2006
When a reporter in Tasmania was asked how the two miners had survived for two weeks in a cage the size of a kennel, he replied that that was because a good many people there are descended from convicts (sent from Britain). He added, "I am a fourth-generation convict myself". Australian honesty and frankness.
Amazed

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 May 9, 2006
Congratulations to the miner's that work so hard to get these mates out and to the mates for holding out those first 5 days.
I can't wait to read the book.
Clusterbuster....Get a life
Comic Relief

Dearborn, MI

#7 May 9, 2006
Hopefully they had a hole in the bottom of their little cage. It gives a whole new slant to the term "down under".
mcgyver

Davis, CA

#8 May 9, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong,,,,coudn't they have dug a little deeper and popped up somewhere in Alabama

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

#12 Jan 29, 2013
whatever happened to them?
Did they go back to mining?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 831,697
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min bad bob 176,594
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min marge 586,638
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 292
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 3,750
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 611,976
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Al Capone 5,827
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 443,012
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,367
More from around the web