Raleigh Braces: Straight Teeth in Six...

Raleigh Braces: Straight Teeth in Six Months

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Aug 11

Raleigh, NC

#1 Sep 28, 2011
What are Six Month or Lingual braces?

Six month braces, or lingual braces, are a prime alternative for anyone who wants a straight smile without revealing “silver teeth”. Since six month braces are placed behind teeth, no one can see them. The cosmetic dentists at Glenwood Smiles use six month braces with the Powerprox Six Month Braces® Technique. This system delivers a straight smile quickly without anyone knowing you’re wearing braces. Powerprox is their “secret” orthodontic tool that dramatically improves smiles in a very short amount of time.
Raleigh-Durham Cosmetic Dentistry

Years ago finding fast braces for a straighter smile was not possible. Our Raleigh orthodontists are trained with the Powerprox Technique and work closely with our patients at routine orthodontic adjustment appointments.
Six Month Braces – Frequently Asked Questions

Do all Raleigh dentists provide six month braces?

No. Six month braces require special training. The technique is very different than standard orthodontic braces. Our Raleigh dental practice is trained on the unique methods of the Powerprox Six Month Braces® Technique.

Can you use six month braces on both upper and lower teeth?

Yes, we can. There are also clear options available. We commonly do a combination of upper lingual braces with lower clear braces.

Are six month braces more expensive than regular braces?

Yes. Since six months braces are custom made to fit each patient’s mouth, and the Powerprox treatment requires special training for our Raleigh dentists, six month braces cost more than regular silver braces.

Are six month braces harder to adjust to than regular braces?

Both regular braces and six month braces require an adjustment period. The main difference is that six month braces affect the tongue, while regular braces affect the lips and inner cheeks. Plus, six month braces may affect speech at first. Our Raleigh dentist office provides comfort aids to help you through the adjustment period, which lasts only 1 to 4 weeks.

Are the final results as good with six month braces as they are with regular braces?

Yes. You will have straight teeth and a beautiful smile and no one will know you wore braces.

Maybe your still not convinced? They say,“Seeing IS believing!”. Just go to the 6 Month Braces page ( http://www.glenwoodsmiles.com/blog/six-month-... ) to view some before and after pictures of Lingual braces in action and read more about this state of the art procedure.

The Gloop

Since: Sep 08

#2 Sep 28, 2011
Gloop?
Scott Winters

Walla Walla, WA

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Only 6 months? That sounds like a great deal You mentioned that there was a price difference, though. How dramatic is the difference in cost? These lingual braces may just be worth it. I've never actually had braces because I haven't wanted to deal with it for 2 years (the amount of time all of my brothers had to have them). What do you think of this orthodontist: http://www.marorthodontics.ca ? Thanks for the information. Great post.
Roger Pace

Walla Walla, WA

#4 Oct 25, 2013
Great post! I've been looking for some insight on finding someone who specializes in lingual braces in Edmonton. So far this and http://www.marorthodontics.ca/index.php/sidem... have been the most helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Joe Fortuna 70,054
Road Star starting problem 4 min every troll here ... 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusions ... 658,382
Jobs In Ghana 8 min kwabenakwaa 2
37 yo male for some fun all ages welcome 32 min fleshbaton 1
Sex with demon possessed doll (Jun '15) 44 min mar 80
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 46 min Mandy 116
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr gundee123 4,930
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr here 282,867
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Mints376 974,603
More from around the web