Pain Meds in SWFL

Since: Aug 13

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Aug 18, 2013
I am aware of whats happening here on the west coast of Florida but moved here from NY 6 weeks ago and cannot find any Dr to continue me on the meds I have been taking since 2010 in NY.After 5 major surgeries,rods&screws,exte nsive nerve damage and scar tissue and a ton of documentation,Im left in chronic pain.This is absurd and im at a loss as to what to do here.All the GP's refer you to pain mgmnt and they don't get back to you.What am I gunna do?Disgusted in Ft Myers Fl!
Toomis

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 18, 2013
I thought I read that they had some kind pf crackdown in Florida on MDs writing pain scripts. Maybe try online with a legit Rx from an old Dr of yours back in NaYawk.
kyadog

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Aug 18, 2013
Toomis wrote:
I thought I read that they had some kind pf crackdown in Florida on MDs writing pain scripts. Maybe try online with a legit Rx from an old Dr of yours back in NaYawk.
My NY DR wont send scripts here....If I could find a dr here to write,i could send into my ins mail order place.You may or may not know, these pharmacists here have a right to refuse to fill any script that they think has been written by an illegitimate physician. I've never even heard of such a thing, but they can&do here. I wish my Dr up there would send......I called them and they said they cant cuz they aren't licensed in this State,which I think is a lie.....I need some serious help...1 "clinic" that don't take ins here wants 250 for the 1st visit,and 200 Ea visit thereafter....ins not accepted.Im 55 and on Medicare,obviously im disabled....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Jim-ca 17,555
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 683,941
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 11 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min waaasssuuup 619,712
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 3 hr eli_mitchell137 2
More from around the web