UidiotRacesMAkew orldPeace

United States

#429 Dec 17, 2012
Cleo most likely Bronze skin not white nor black!
black is beautiful

United States

#430 Jan 29, 2013
I absolutely love you siriusMoore. Black people need to know the truth.
Joseph Lee

Oakland, CA

#431 Feb 9, 2013
Sorry dude. She was a butt-ugly Macedonian. There are countless coins and statues depicting her from the time she lived. She was hook-nosed, thin lipped and looked like the wicked witch of the west.

I am Chinese. If it'll make you feel any better be comforted that I find blacks equally as ugly as whites. Oh, both are ridiculously stupid as well. I was the only Asian in a school full of Blacks and Whites. I was so glad to graduate and move to Seattle where I wasn't constantly surrounded by ugly idiots.

One more thing. English is my second language. Would it be too much trouble for you people (Yes I said "You People")to actually learn to read and write your own native language... or at least learn to use the god damned spell-checker?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#432 Feb 10, 2013
Joseph Lee wrote:
Sorry dude. She was a butt-ugly Macedonian. There are countless coins and statues depicting her from the time she lived. She was hook-nosed, thin lipped and looked like the wicked witch of the west.
I am Chinese. If it'll make you feel any better be comforted that I find blacks equally as ugly as whites. Oh, both are ridiculously stupid as well. I was the only Asian in a school full of Blacks and Whites. I was so glad to graduate and move to Seattle where I wasn't constantly surrounded by ugly idiots.
One more thing. English is my second language. Would it be too much trouble for you people (Yes I said "You People")to actually learn to read and write your own native language... or at least learn to use the god damned spell-checker?
please continue to cook Chinese fried rice and noodles, your only talent. Whites have gone to the moon.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#433 Feb 10, 2013
Joseph Lee wrote:
also, China has not won a Miss Universe pageant yet. Japan, Thailand, Philippines have won 2 times already. and you said you look better than others ?
Wtf

Vista, CA

#434 Feb 21, 2013
Cleopatra was most definitely NOT black. She was Macedonian, not a greek and black mixed race, as there were no legitmate black children in her family line. If she had been a result of a relationship between her father and a black concubine, she would not have been considered legitimate, and would not have taken over rule, her legitimate sister would have been heir instead. Also the Roman Empire (which at the time was not nearly as permissive with mixing races as the Greeks and Mesopotamians where) would have used her skin color and illegitemacy to slander her even further. But their is no mention of this whatsoever. Also art styles at the time, amongst North African peoples it was very popular to depict well known leaders or characters the way that they looked themselves, even if these people were foregin, although she was never depicted in the manor that darker egyptians (blacks) were depicted by those same artists. In Greek culture it was more popular to depict people realistically, bad/ugly traits and all. So the depictions of her hook nose, chubby neck, thin lips and slightly droopy eyes (ugly white characteristics) are a better representation of what she looked like.
Instead of being upset that a bitchy, greedy, power hungry woman that lost her empire, and ended her family's claim to her thrown isn't portrayed by a black woman. Why not be upset by the fact that white people came in and fucked up and basically stole north africa from the true black kings and queens like nefertiti (who actually could have been black)
Also not everyone in africa was black, the egyptians clearly depicted two different colors of people, some were black (the nubians) and some were not, so it's likely that almost all egyptian kings and queens that ruled the entire empire (pharoahs) were more middle eastern looking than black, however the kings and queens of sheeba for instance would have been black. African peoples near the mediterranean... Not black. Also for all the talk of how white women have a superiority complex. I saw a lot of comments that would show the opposite in this thread. I have never once had someone tell me that white women are pretty and black women are ugly, I have however heard a million times the opposite. Come on women, wake-up and be better ambassadors for true equality and the better treatment of all women. We all have different hair, lips, asses, skin, eyes. It is up to the people whom are looking to decide which they think is beautiful. I like guys with light eyes, I think that is most attractive, does that mean every other guy isn't! NO! Why aren't we out fighting to have black women not be left to raise children alone 9 times more often than white women? Or to have better education, and help for women who are abused and forced into prostitutio , which in the united states also happens way more to black women than white women? No... You are bitching about who plays cleopatra in a movie. If you want cleopatra to be acurately represented go find a short lightly overweight lady with a hook nose.
Oh... Last note. She actually wore her hair in curls, that created a row effect, pulled into a bun, with a headband, as this was a popular style. The term-honeyfaced sometimes used to describe her was not a reference to her skin color, but at the time was widely used to describe someone that was eloquent.
AncientStudiesSt udent

Poughkeepsie, NY

#435 Feb 24, 2013
This entire conversation is incredibly racist and incredibly modern. Do you know the ancients wouldn't have CARED if she were black or white, or anything in between? So why should a modern woman? Idolize the woman for who she was (she spoke 7 languages and was the only Ptolemic Pharaoh to actually learn Egyptian, the language of her people. She was not a whore, but was portrayed that way by later, male, Roman writers because she was a threat to their patriarchal culture.)

In the ancient world, it mattered to people what culture you were from (Ex. Rome, Greece, Egypt), but as long as you were a citizen, no one cared about skin tone. Xenophobia was common because people feared the cultural other, but racism along color lines is nowhere in ancient texts.

The fact is, she may have been full-blooded Greek, not a bit black, because she was a Ptolemy. Or, since she was the last Ptolemy, she may have been mixed race if a Pharaoh somewhere along her line married a native of Africa. She was NOT clearly black, she was not clearly white, but she was clearly a powerful woman.

Though so much has been written about her, his skin color was never recorded, and do you know why? Because it didn't matter then and it shouldn't matter now.
AncientStudiesSt udent

Poughkeepsie, NY

#436 Feb 24, 2013
HERE, HERE, look at her FACE. If you care whether she was black or white, you're missing the point that she was a remarkable figure in history for her cleverness and confidence. Also, she had a child with Caesar and several with Mark Antony, so even if she was a mixed race Africran-Maacidonian, she produced children with white Roman men and SHE did not think white people just had a superiority complex.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopa...
comus

Longwood, FL

#439 Mar 31, 2013
Cleopatra was a descendant of Alexander the Great and Philip of Macedonia. Cleopatra was from the line of Ptolemies. Ptolemy and his successors were Macedonian rulers who were know to have blonde hair and fair skin...she wore a black wig.
comus

Longwood, FL

#440 Mar 31, 2013
You have to remember she reigned thousands of years after the pharoahs of Egypt such as King Tut Ramses and Akhenaten. She was of the Ptolemaic dynasty. That particular dynasty were all greek and white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pharaohs
comus

Longwood, FL

#441 Mar 31, 2013
Egyptian pharoahs ruled for thousands of years. Most were black. Not the Ptolemies.
comus

Longwood, FL

#442 Mar 31, 2013
You can look at their coins and clearly see that the Ptolemy pharaohs were white.
Street

Baltimore, MD

#443 Jul 7, 2013
Zyrus wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't we not lie about something for once in ourlives?
Yeah,we White fellas are more successful and more smarter than your race. It shows.
Ur A DWICK
Johnny

Williamsburg, VA

#444 Jul 18, 2013
Golden caramel skin, lol you guys were as black as the damn sky at night originally. And the full lip and ass thing makes you resemble that of an Ape thats really something to be proud of. Cleopatra was not black she was actually Armenian do your homework before jumping to fake conclusions. Europeans have dominated the world for far longer than Africans and its simply because we are more intellectual and more mentally dominant than our African counterparts.
SiriusMoore wrote:
Cleopatra was black, just face it.
White pale people were not over in Africa ruling as kings and queens. They were probally in caves in England being inhuman, like the want to say Black people are.
Just face it white people, you will never have golden caramel skin, full lips, round healthy asses and thick lucious hair like Black people. You guys want to claim Cleopatra to make yourselves feel superior. You all lie and cheat and steal. And re wrote history books to keep black people out of the light of their own history.
You got a lot from us strong african kings and queens. Math, hair styles, dynasties, etc.
Angelina Jolie should not be playing Cleopatra. Cleopatra was a mixed race woman both Greek and Black. She should be played by a woman of color. Cleopatra did NOT have blue eyes and blonde hair.
hate to break it to you, but she was not along the likes of Elizabeth Taylor or Sophia Loren either.
The sun burns white people, black people can have as much sun as possible. Elizabeth Taylor would have looked like a lobster in African sun.
White people just don't posess the brilliant skin that Black people have.
Menes, the founder of Egypt was a black.
Face it.
and move forward.
The longer you try to deny it, the worse it makes you look.
Can you not lie about something for once in your lives?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#446 Jul 18, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
please continue to cook Chinese fried rice and noodles, your only talent. Whites have gone to the moon.
Is the moon white?
xray

Lithonia, GA

#447 Aug 10, 2013
white people are fools and scum there ignorance is redundant

“is this the 5:00 free crack”

Since: Feb 11

giveaway?

#448 Aug 31, 2013
Cleopatra was Macedonian Greek and and had red hair which was common of the ptolemaic people
Stupidblackpeopl e

Brooklyn, NY

#449 Sep 1, 2013
This person is stupid
Queen

United States

#450 Oct 21, 2013
wow wrote:
racism is still alive and thriving with you black folks.
. Racism is still alive and thriving with you white folks.

“is this the 5:00 free crack”

Since: Feb 11

giveaway?

#451 Oct 21, 2013
Queen wrote:
<quoted text>. Racism is still alive and thriving with you white folks.
it comes from all groups. but like chris rock said oldblack menare thebiggest racists

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Good-Evil 796,239
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min atemcowboy 568,417
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 40 min Shlomo Soahstein 512
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Rick in Kansas 267,547
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 50 min swedenforever 535
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 1 hr TeaBagging for Am... 6
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,549
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr truth 607,250
Scientific proof for God's existence 7 hr Make World peace ... 617
More from around the web