Is there a way to make the location t...

Is there a way to make the location that shows up by your name private or...

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Ghjuyyhh

Okatie, SC

#1 Apr 28, 2013
To change it to something else? I tried clicking the change it button at the top of the page and putting in a different zip code but that just made it so I got the different zip codes news on the page but where I actually lived still showed up in my posts. Not to mention when I logged back out, the news for my real location came back and my real location still shows up in my posts. If you can't change your location, can you at least make it private?
Southyboy

Plymouth, MA

#2 Apr 28, 2013
NO you can't change it. What you can do is to sign up again with a different e-mail address and don't install a zip code.
Thoughtful Chap

Southbury, CT

#3 Apr 29, 2013
Ghjuyyhh wrote:
To change it to something else? I tried clicking the change it button at the top of the page and putting in a different zip code but that just made it so I got the different zip codes news on the page but where I actually lived still showed up in my posts. Not to mention when I logged back out, the news for my real location came back and my real location still shows up in my posts. If you can't change your location, can you at least make it private?
Try using a proxy server or download a program named Tor. They determine your location from your IP address, a proxy server or Tor obscures your IP.

Also helps to register with a gmail email address.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Toby 65,143
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min The Hangman 974,092
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min guest 654,710
Everyone in my school thinks im a slut because ... (Apr '09) 12 min Shady Traveler Ch... 34
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Ricky F 183,233
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 35 min Doctor_Who 2,613
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min onemale 281,985
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr T rules 863
More from around the web