Gay child shot in class by classmate

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dixieb

Equality, IL

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Larry (the gay child) was shot in the head by Brandon who now faces prison for life. I am not condoning him shooting Larry, but I do want to know Where was the ACLU when Brandon was being sexually harassed and humiliated by Larry? I dont believe in gay bashing but they are now bashing those of us who choose to still believe that a man should not enter a mans rectum! If you still have traditional values you are considered a hater. I dont hate but I dont want their lifestyle shoved down my throat either. I feel very sorry for this child who felt so threatened and so helpless that he finally shot the boy. No one protected him because he wasnt gay?? There are so many to blame for this tragedy. Larry "came out" in 3rd grade! He was allowed to wear makeup and high heels to grade school. He was allowed to taunt the other boys who didnt want to be gay. He lied and told stories about Brandon being his boyfriend, etc. Why didnt his parents let him "dress up" at home but tell him to wait til he was older and could grasp what he was doing before forcing his views on others? Why didnt the school put a stop to it? Why is it ok for a child to come to school and basically tell the other children he wants to have sex with the same sex but you are a hater if you teach your own child traditional values? I know and like plenty of people who are gay or bisexual but if they were to force their views on me and continually harass me, I'm not sure how i would handle it. How can we expect our young children to?
suespiese

Ephrata, PA

#2 Jul 23, 2008
how the heck did a 14 yr old get a gun & where did he ever get the idea that it's ok to shoot someone for sexual harrassment...if telling someone you want him to be your boyfriend amounts to that...after all, couldn't Brandon just have said,'no'? You have a right to not like gays...you don't have a right to assault & murder gays using their sexual orientation as a justification. you are 100% wrong to try to justify this shooting...
dixieb

Equality, IL

#3 Jul 23, 2008
I'm not justifying the shooting and dont believe they should be assaulted or anything. On the other hand, I dont believe the gay child should have been allowed to antagonize others. Grab this weeks Newsweek and read the story - he had continually harassed others. Asked by a teacher why, he said "he liked to watch them (the other boys) squirm".(Had this been reversed and a child harassing him, that child would have been arrested for a hate crime) He pinpointed Brandon more than others, walking up to him, staring at him. Studied him so well, he knew when he had a scratch on him and claimed he gave it to him while they were together. Told them they had dated but had broken up. He went to him on the ball court and asked him to the Valentine dance. Still No reason for murder, but my point is that children should not have to be dealing with these issues at that age. Brandon did not know how to deal with it and this is the result. Even Larrys brother went to several school officials and asked them to make him quit dressing like a girl at school. Too many people knew there was a problem with Larry and did nothing because "it was his right" and "they couldnt intervene with his sexual expression". This tragedy did not have to happen to Either child!
DIXIEB

Wenonah, NJ

#4 Jul 23, 2008
I SAY PUT ALL GAYS ON AN ISLAND
KSF

Rialto, CA

#6 Jul 23, 2008
DIXIEB wrote:
Okay, but you are going to have a lot of neighbors!

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 23, 2008
dixieb wrote:
Larry (the gay child) was shot in the head by Brandon who now faces prison for life. I am not condoning him shooting Larry, but I do want to know Where was the ACLU when Brandon was being sexually harassed and humiliated by Larry? I dont believe in gay bashing but they are now bashing those of us who choose to still believe that a man should not enter a mans rectum! If you still have traditional values you are considered a hater. I dont hate but I dont want their lifestyle shoved down my throat either. I feel very sorry for this child who felt so threatened and so helpless that he finally shot the boy. No one protected him because he wasnt gay?? There are so many to blame for this tragedy. Larry "came out" in 3rd grade! He was allowed to wear makeup and high heels to grade school. He was allowed to taunt the other boys who didnt want to be gay. He lied and told stories about Brandon being his boyfriend, etc. Why didnt his parents let him "dress up" at home but tell him to wait til he was older and could grasp what he was doing before forcing his views on others? Why didnt the school put a stop to it? Why is it ok for a child to come to school and basically tell the other children he wants to have sex with the same sex but you are a hater if you teach your own child traditional values? I know and like plenty of people who are gay or bisexual but if they were to force their views on me and continually harass me, I'm not sure how i would handle it. How can we expect our young children to?
I understand your point. However, what about the parents of the shooter? Shouldn't he have been taught that you don't let the actions of others control yours, esp to the point of murdering another?

Would you just go off and murder someone because they offended you? Seems you are saying you could, which makes that last question very sobering in regards to the violence rampant in our schools today. If the adults have this mindset that 'I just can't take these offenses, so I'll eradicate the person causing them,' how can we honestly think children would think differently unless taught to do so?

In every group of people, you will have a small percentage who are exhibitionist types. That doesn't mean they should just be murdered. One can't label a child's transgressions as criminal since they aren't accountable under the law unless they commit 'adult' crimes, such as murder, rape, etc. I haven't see an article on this, but by what you've said there is no indication that this boy committed any crimes against the shooter for which the shooter could've been defending himself against.

We have the freedom to ignore that which we don't like in this country. Our children should be taught that. But never to take drastic actions over being offended. No matter how bad, or angry, or depressed those offending actions may make one, he never has the right to take the life of the offender unless in self-defense. Had the shooter been taught to handle the offense he felt, he probably wouldn't have committed murder and two lives plus those around them wouldn't have been upheaved. Sad situation.
Larry

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jul 23, 2008
S1E..........Harrasment and sexual harrasment is a crime and it was ignored. No excuse to shoot someone, but who knows what the kid felt like. No where to run to no one to turn to.

There are, unfortunately millions of parents who won't teach there children self esteem and values. They are way to busy keeping up with the Jonse's and enjoying there own lives to take care of their kids.
dixieb

Equality, IL

#9 Jul 23, 2008
Some1 Else
You are correct but I am definitely not saying he had a right to shoot the child. I had my share of harassment in school and never shot anyone and dont remember ever thinking to.
The adults involved in this situation dropped the ball. All out of "not offending" a gay child. Had the situation been reversed and the gay child shot the other, he would be defended because he was shooting someone who "hated" him.
I dont think anyone has a right to shoot unless in self defense but I also dont think that child should have been continually sexually harassed and nothing done because he was the "straight" one.
KSF

Rialto, CA

#10 Jul 23, 2008
Larry wrote:
S1E..........Harrasment and sexual harrasment is a crime and it was ignored. No excuse to shoot someone, but who knows what the kid felt like. No where to run to no one to turn to.
There are, unfortunately millions of parents who won't teach there children self esteem and values. They are way to busy keeping up with the Jonse's and enjoying there own lives to take care of their kids.
Larry ... Larry ... what if every high school girl who was harassed by a high school boy shot and killed him. There would be no boys left! ARe you THAT threatened by queers? If so, you have a problem.
Gay Dan

United States

#12 Jul 23, 2008
dixieb wrote:
I'm not justifying the shooting and dont believe they should be assaulted or anything. On the other hand, I dont believe the gay child should have been allowed to antagonize others. Grab this weeks Newsweek and read the story - he had continually harassed others. Asked by a teacher why, he said "he liked to watch them (the other boys) squirm".(Had this been reversed and a child harassing him, that child would have been arrested for a hate crime) He pinpointed Brandon more than others, walking up to him, staring at him. Studied him so well, he knew when he had a scratch on him and claimed he gave it to him while they were together. Told them they had dated but had broken up. He went to him on the ball court and asked him to the Valentine dance. Still No reason for murder, but my point is that children should not have to be dealing with these issues at that age. Brandon did not know how to deal with it and this is the result. Even Larrys brother went to several school officials and asked them to make him quit dressing like a girl at school. Too many people knew there was a problem with Larry and did nothing because "it was his right" and "they couldnt intervene with his sexual expression". This tragedy did not have to happen to Either child!
Students have been killed for other matters also,like overweight kids who are teased by many,not just one.If ouir society can get over such things,then this would'nt happen.Stigmas put out by our way of life can be overwhelming for children,in otherwords,too much peer presure,conformity to a set of rules that are outdated.It should not matter in todays world if a student is overweight,ugly,pimples.does'n t dress as the mainstream,not as popular as others or being gay.
Gay Dan

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2008
KSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry ... Larry ... what if every high school girl who was harassed by a high school boy shot and killed him. There would be no boys left! ARe you THAT threatened by queers? If so, you have a problem.
Absolutely right!
Gay Dan

United States

#14 Jul 23, 2008
DIXIEB wrote:
I say put all ignorant,self righteous people on an island.Would be interesting to see what civilization crops up.
dixieb

Equality, IL

#16 Jul 23, 2008
Gay Dan wrote:
<quoted text>I say put all ignorant,self righteous people on an island.Would be interesting to see what civilization crops up.
I think you and DIXIEB are both being ignorant even resorting to this but here goes. DIXIEB gays have a right to live wherever they want and Gay Dan at least it would be possible for a civilization to crop up....
Now the point is that Children in grade school should have the adults guiding them which clearly didnt happen. They should keep their "sexual expression" to theirselves until their old enough to know what they are doing.
You may think its perfectly fine to be gay and that is your choice but others should still have the right to disagree with your lifestyle as long as they are not harassing or harming you. It should work both ways.
KSF

Rialto, CA

#17 Jul 24, 2008
dixieb wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and DIXIEB are both being ignorant even resorting to this but here goes. DIXIEB gays have a right to live wherever they want and Gay Dan at least it would be possible for a civilization to crop up....
Now the point is that Children in grade school should have the adults guiding them which clearly didnt happen. They should keep their "sexual expression" to theirselves until their old enough to know what they are doing.
You may think its perfectly fine to be gay and that is your choice but others should still have the right to disagree with your lifestyle as long as they are not harassing or harming you. It should work both ways.
I bet Gay Dan would agree with you completely but it's hard not to angry about someone being KILLED boom forever because he was flirting and possibly harrassing. It's just too crazy. That dumb straight kid - he wrecked his life, too ... and if he thought he had to deal with aggressive homosexuals before, now he will deal with them everyday in the prison shower and the prison toilet! And Gweedo and Otis won't take no for an answer!!!
Larry

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jul 24, 2008
KSF wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the hell did you get that out of my post?

I think your just lookin for a fight..........
Patriot

Colleyville, TX

#19 Jul 24, 2008
DIXIEB wrote:
I agree, cuz then they can't reproduce.
haha Ironic, No?
Gay Dan

United States

#20 Jul 24, 2008
I have often been approached in elementary school by girls.I was uncomfortable about that,did'nt like it,but I never had any thoughts of shooting them.See,this is the reverse of that act.I had unwanted attention by girls,and some claimed me to be their boyfreind,and planning our life together at that age!Of course girls played "married" and had boys come to their homes to play husband.bUt to even think of shooting someone over it was foreign to my thoughts.This kid already has issues.
dixieb

Equality, IL

#21 Jul 24, 2008
KSF wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Gay Dan would agree with you completely but it's hard not to angry about someone being KILLED boom forever because he was flirting and possibly harrassing. It's just too crazy. That dumb straight kid - he wrecked his life, too ... and if he thought he had to deal with aggressive homosexuals before, now he will deal with them everyday in the prison shower and the prison toilet! And Gweedo and Otis won't take no for an answer!!!
I agree with you. as i said before, the adults in this situation failed miserably. They should have done something for both of these boys.
Its one thing to be tolerant but its another to be so "politically correct" that you cant make wise decisions.
I dont believe they would tolerate a little girl coming to school dressed as a prostitute telling kids that was what she wants to be when she grows up. I mean there has to be a line somewhere. And please believe me when I say I am not making excuses for murder, but we're talking about children who were evidently both very confused. The adults dropped the ball.
KSF

Rialto, CA

#23 Jul 25, 2008
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, cuz then they can't reproduce.
haha Ironic, No?
straight people would just make new gays ... the old island gays would die out, then you'd have to fill up the island all over again ... but sorry, there go 90% of your artistic people, museums, music ... queers have always been around
KSF

Rialto, CA

#24 Jul 25, 2008
Gay Dan wrote:
I have often been approached in elementary school by girls.I was uncomfortable about that,did'nt like it,but I never had any thoughts of shooting them.See,this is the reverse of that act.I had unwanted attention by girls,and some claimed me to be their boyfreind,and planning our life together at that age!Of course girls played "married" and had boys come to their homes to play husband.bUt to even think of shooting someone over it was foreign to my thoughts.This kid already has issues.
Funny, isn't it? I liked and still like attention from both straights and gays ... even if I'm not interested, it makes me feel good to know that someone thinks I'm hot ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Nohweh 71,855
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 36 min Doctor REALITY 134
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 43 min Doctor REALITY 10
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 47 min Doctor REALITY 11
OKC Thunder startin to LOSE THEIR COOL 56 min Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,837
My mom is getting married again 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 699,470
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 995,082
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr Big Al 447,425