Oldest Language in India : Telugu or ...

Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ??

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Arun

Karlsruhe, Germany

#1 Feb 21, 2012
Its a shame that people with in India have to fight out about language. Well just to add summary you are fighting outing oldest language without proper proof. One says stories imaginary other another. Telugu is the oldest language cause it has inscriptions unearthed aged at 4500BC and. Ever know tomorrow they might unearth 10,000 BC old Telugu inscriptions and just matter of time. Sanskrit was developed and used in the northern India starting early 200 AD before which the actually language used was Pali and prakrit. After which Sanskrit gained a strong foothold in the northern India until 1000AD, after which the. Ollapse of the language started once Hindi was the common language among people in north and Telugu in the south. Old Tamil existed in southern most tip and didn't get a chance to mingle with other language as was the case with Telugu and Sanskrit which had an influence on each other for centuries making it even more popular among most of India. In the south the old tamil was used . Well if so old was Tamil and. Ery reknowned in literature why is that it is spoken only in TN and still only 5th largest spoken in India, where Telugu is 2nd highest spoken language of India in top 15 languages spoken around the world. Telugu Literature has profound affects of influencing languages like Tamil Kannada Malayalam and even Sinhalese. It's the sweetest language of India hence called the "Italian of the East" where 95% of Telugu words end with a vowel giving a sweet effect. Now coming to your age factor , Telugu has inscriptions in Greek history too. Checks your facts right if Tamil even had any influence so far.

So let you ask you a simple question my friend:
Most of the great temple of TN have Telugu inscriptions on the temple walls in Tamil Nadu, but you will not find a single temple in Andhra Pradesh with Tamil inscriptions. Does that even answer your question that whole of south was Telugu speaking until the few centuries back.

Here I would summarise TELUGU is the sweetest and the oldest language in India and world.

Judged:

39

26

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
prasanth

Chennai, India

#2 Feb 23, 2012
:-) i hav no intension of hurting ur feelings towards wat u beleive but get ur facts rit!!!
Sleek

Gernsbach, Germany

#3 Feb 27, 2012
prasanth wrote:
:-) i hav no intension of hurting ur feelings towards wat u beleive but get ur facts rit!!!
I know my facts right, what r ur facts.??
G L RAO

Kolkata, India

#5 Mar 14, 2013
I am Telugu boy. I dont know exactly what the fact is. But according to me Tamil is older than Telugu. Tamil may be mother language of Telugu. But Sweetest in terms of words is Telugu. I am staying in West Bengal by birth.I am curious about my language and searched a lot about that. I think that I know better about Telugu, Tamil, Bengali and Hindi(Hindi because medium of study). Believe me I tasted these languages.

Judged:

24

15

4

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pat

Bangalore, India

#6 Apr 23, 2013
Hey Guys, Tamil is not mother language of Telugu. Its Kannada, People still in research about the oldest language in India and the fact is Sanskrit is a mother of all Indian language, Tamil & Kannada is the oldest Indian Language.
Do anyone aware, in most of the temples it have written in Tamil and Kannada, in Andra Pradesh you might see telugu but not in other places. Few months back, UK people have explained about Kannada language and its 10000 yrs old...
Everyone likes their offspring and off course their language on top, Telugu is old in AP, Tamil is old in Srilanka. Don't build false information.
Now I say Kannada is old than Tamil. United kingdom have done a research about Kannada rite, then nobody can say that, their info is not rite. find in face book, you might get the truth even in Ramayana and Mahabarath they were using Kannada and that's the fact.
Do more research...
Prashant Singhal

Newbury, UK

#7 May 5, 2013
Hi,
It is not to hurt anyone/s feeling.
Everyone would do believe that in older days, everyone used to the mode of language communication used to be in the form of literature unlike now.
As per my research, Telugu is the oldest language amongest all south indian languages.
My research goes as below.
Great poets and kings from Tamilnadu and Karnataka, prefer Telugu to write their literature. Even in the modern world, Tamil and Kannada poets would do accept the same. Eg. Tyagaraja Swamy, he hails from TN but he wrote all his keertanas in Telugu, King Sri krishna Devaraya, he is from Karnataka, he simply says that telugu is the most sweetest language. This simply proves.
Raja

Bangalore, India

#8 May 23, 2013
Hey guys am a Telugu, stop fighting on which is the oldest lang, i have done lot of research and read lot of articles on this, as per my knowledge, there are only four langs Sanskrit, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada recognised by Govt of India as classical langs among all 15 official langs of India.
In 2006, the Union Minister for Tourism and Culture announced in the Rajya Sabha the creation of a new category of languages as classical languages based on four norms:(i) high antiquity of its early texts/recorded history over a period of 1500-2000 years; (ii) a body of ancient literature/texts, which is considered a valuable heritage by generations of speakers; (iii) the literary tradition should be original and not borrowed from another speech community; (iv) the classical language and literature being distinct from the modern, there may also be discontinuity between the classical language and its later forms or offshoots.
2004 - Tamil has been declared as classical lang
2005 - Sanskrit has been declared
2008 - Telugu and Kannda have been declared
So, all these 4 langs are very old (Classical) and has traces of inscriptions dated back 300BC,
As per the experts analysis, and the central sahitya academy of India, Sanskrit is oldest and which also gave birth to lot of other langs. Telugu, Tamil and Kannada are almost borned at the same time, whereas, Tamil is expected to be slight older than other 2.
So, all these 4 langs are very old, none of these are borned recently like other north indian langs (Hindi, Maratha, Gujarathi, Bengali etc which are all borned some where in 16th and 17th century).
Thanks Friends.
vamsi

Ashburn, VA

#9 May 25, 2013
tamilians r crazy on language...
they also say that tamil is thecfirst languagr spoken by early mans...adam and eve also spoken tamil language...
how fools r tamilians....

in tamil some pronounations r missed...they cant speak clearly...in india all languages can speak clearly except tamil..

ex...if it is rohit - they say rogit

and in bengali they dnt sound "va"

tamil is worst language....

Judged:

23

23

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ramakrish

India

#10 Jun 13, 2013
vamsi wrote:
tamilians r crazy on language...
they also say that tamil is thecfirst languagr spoken by early mans...adam and eve also spoken tamil language...
how fools r tamilians....
in tamil some pronounations r missed...they cant speak clearly...in india all languages can speak clearly except tamil..
ex...if it is rohit - they say rogit
and in bengali they dnt sound "va"
tamil is worst language....
telugu is the worst language than being silent.

EX: Telugu people will sound "R" always but, as per english "r" to be pronounced lightly.
Sabari

Chennai, India

#11 Jun 14, 2013
First read about "Thiruvalluvar". And the tell us which is old language.
Sabari

Chennai, India

#12 Jun 14, 2013
vamsi wrote:
tamilians r crazy on language...
they also say that tamil is thecfirst languagr spoken by early mans...adam and eve also spoken tamil language...
how fools r tamilians....
in tamil some pronounations r missed...they cant speak clearly...in india all languages can speak clearly except tamil..
ex...if it is rohit - they say rogit
and in bengali they dnt sound "va"
tamil is worst language....
\\

dont say this without knowing
Sabari

Chennai, India

#13 Jun 14, 2013
Arun wrote:
Its a shame that people with in India have to fight out about language. Well just to add summary you are fighting outing oldest language without proper proof. One says stories imaginary other another. Telugu is the oldest language cause it has inscriptions unearthed aged at 4500BC and. Ever know tomorrow they might unearth 10,000 BC old Telugu inscriptions and just matter of time. Sanskrit was developed and used in the northern India starting early 200 AD before which the actually language used was Pali and prakrit. After which Sanskrit gained a strong foothold in the northern India until 1000AD, after which the. Ollapse of the language started once Hindi was the common language among people in north and Telugu in the south. Old Tamil existed in southern most tip and didn't get a chance to mingle with other language as was the case with Telugu and Sanskrit which had an influence on each other for centuries making it even more popular among most of India. In the south the old tamil was used . Well if so old was Tamil and. Ery reknowned in literature why is that it is spoken only in TN and still only 5th largest spoken in India, where Telugu is 2nd highest spoken language of India in top 15 languages spoken around the world. Telugu Literature has profound affects of influencing languages like Tamil Kannada Malayalam and even Sinhalese. It's the sweetest language of India hence called the "Italian of the East" where 95% of Telugu words end with a vowel giving a sweet effect. Now coming to your age factor , Telugu has inscriptions in Greek history too. Checks your facts right if Tamil even had any influence so far.
So let you ask you a simple question my friend:
Most of the great temple of TN have Telugu inscriptions on the temple walls in Tamil Nadu, but you will not find a single temple in Andhra Pradesh with Tamil inscriptions. Does that even answer your question that whole of south was Telugu speaking until the few centuries back.
Here I would summarise TELUGU is the sweetest and the oldest language in India and world.
u can see tamil fonts in Andhra pradesh like tirupathi temple
Telugu guy

Ashburn, VA

#14 Jun 30, 2013
"Sabari" show me the tamil inscription in tirupathi. But i can show many telugu inscriptiont in tamil nadu temples.
parthi

Bangalore, India

#15 Jul 5, 2013
Telugu guy wrote:
"Sabari" show me the tamil inscription in tirupathi. But i can show many telugu inscriptiont in tamil nadu temples.
Hey brother... every one have some feeling about his mother tongue...
Do you know, when the temples are build.?

At the time of language developed is any temples here??? are any proof???
According to your view In Tirupati dont have Tamil Inscriptions. But Even the Original Name of tirupati is "THIRU VENGADAM", this is a pure tamil word. THIRU means Respest & VENGADAM means Hill. The total of Inscriptions in Tirupati ia 1180. In This Telugu & Kannada shares 50 Inscriptions, Rest of 1130 are Tamil Inscriptions.

If you wanna verify contact Tirupati devastanam comity.

Nayudu

Ashburn, VA

#16 Jul 7, 2013
Telugu is the mother of tamil..... Tamil is a dirty,worst language.
tamil is born from telugu, and telugu is oldest language in india followed by kannadam & tamil & samskrutham
sabari

Chennai, India

#17 Jul 7, 2013
Nayudu wrote:
Telugu is the mother of tamil..... Tamil is a dirty,worst language.
tamil is born from telugu, and telugu is oldest language in india followed by kannadam & tamil & samskrutham
Its good that you having that much love about your language. But for these reason don't tell lie
Achu

Hyderabad, India

#18 Jul 8, 2013
You said telugu is mother of tamil. then why tamil became dirty, Is it because mother telugu is dirty ???.., Dont insult others language. Try to respect others language. those who know to respect others language surely will respect their language.
sabari wrote:
<quoted text>
Its good that you having that much love about your language. But for these reason don't tell lie
Subramani

Eluru, India

#19 Jul 8, 2013
I am a tamilain. During by employment years, I lived at many places in India. Having gone through the researches of many linguistic scholars , I am convinced that telugu is older than tamil.

My dear fellow tamilians , pl. go through the evidences presented by the language scholars . It proves that , telugu os much older than telugu.

So what if , if telugu is older than tamil. I am proud of my language tamil.
ganesh

Karwar, India

#20 Jul 10, 2013
All guys do u known one thing ..tamil is 1st born language in the world by the proof of tholkappiam...tamil birth is 3000bc..telugu birth is 200ad.. pls do not compare tamil with other small language bosss......
abhi

Hyderabad, India

#21 Jul 11, 2013
we have to accept that tamil is oldest lang
and telugu is child of tamil and sanskrith
and telugu is the sweetest lang in India.
Don't forget that India is beautiful because of all the langs. Fighting for some pride here just tells u how narrow u people r..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Kermit 282,873
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 10 min Nikki O 86
Where are Rollin and Mama San 19 min Clark 33 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Hukt on Fonix 70,118
If you spend 3 hours or more on Topix every day... 35 min mar 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min Repub4life 18,765
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min ImFree2Choose 2,984
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Robert F 658,412
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 974,640
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 hr Johnny 4,936
More from around the web