Art, Earth, Humans, the Cosmos, and God

Art, Earth, Humans, the Cosmos, and God

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#1 Jan 5, 2014
What is a top story? I propose that being human will always be a top story - as long as we are here on Earth. From the discussion of being alive, being human, there are other stories, discussions, and questions that arise. Unearth the bitter sweet. Unlock the doors. Walk awhile. Meet others walking a path. Let us encourage one another as we roam around finding places we call home...

We humans are in constant flux. As our realities change, we either choose to go with that changing flow or not. We accept some ideas and reject others. We claim we are right, neutral, uninterested, politically correct, unsure (or afraid to be sure), reluctant, bored, and/or not willing to truly commit. We debate and call it healthy. We research (and hope that the internet will answer some of our deepest questions with a google search). We turn to others who are like-minded and are either quietly or obnoxiously offended when others challenge us or question our knowledge or convictions.

There are some questions that I have and reflections that I may, in time, like to offer. The offering will hopefully be simple, to communicate in an open, honest, and informed way. I pose the following questions...

What is art? Why are we here on Earth? What does it mean to be human? What is above the beyond? What is the beyond? Beyond self? Beyond your community? Beyond Earth? Beyond the cosmos? What is God's role on Earth? What is the relationship between humanity and God? What is God's role in the cosmos?

Art is precious and an inevitable part of human existence. If there is life, there is creative energy as we motivate matter into motion. For many people, art is a choice, a conscious choice. Some people state, "I am an artist." What does that statement mean? If one person claims, "I am an artist," and another claims, "I am not an artist," then what do those statements mean? What do those individuals have in common? Do we value some people for who they claim they are and question others for who they claim they are not? Where is the connection between art and life? Art and science? Intuition and fact? Experience and education? Sensory awareness and intellectual discourse. When did we begin to compartmentalize? What are the implications of those separations, that distance, and unraveling the strings of humanity? How different are we? Really? With such questioning comes the study of the humanities, sociocultural pedagogy, anthropology, and more...

The Earth, as part of the spiral of the Milky Way Galaxy, is where we live as humans. Earth is a place where many call home. On this planet, physical laws govern us. Scientifically proven ideas answer some questions about nature and fulfill some of our restless quest. We seek peace by engaging in the chaos and wonder why we feel so unbalanced, yet we know that in order to evolve, we must try to organize some of the information and seek more concrete explanations to all of our questions.

To continue, there is the cosmos, the outer space. The galaxies, planets, and stars are there inspiring us, intriguing us, inviting us. Have you ever been in awe of a starlit sky? Have you ever sighed in the light of the moon? Have you ever felt your body ease at sunset and revive at dawn? Sciences (as we call them) study those other, outer places in the universe. They have some answers. They also have many questions.

Then there is He who governs the universe - gives us light in darkness, life in death, and hope in hardest of times. There are even developments in science that are inviting the question of God's existence. Interestingly, we are all asking questions. Different people are asking. No matter the cultural identity, the education, the experiences, the self-proclamations, the positions and titles, we are all asking those giant questions.

I leave you with three more questions...

When is there an awakening?

Where is your home?

What is your mission?

andet1987

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 5, 2014
I am an artist. I am a skillful dancer, with grace, poise, and artistic movement of body, hands, and feet.

when I danced solo in our Christmas party, I received a huge applause. my dance was video taped by 4 people and played over and over in our office.

of course, i practiced my dance for a long time. just like Olympians, it needs practice to attain perfection, skill, and artistry.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
I am an artist. I am a skillful dancer, with grace, poise, and artistic movement of body, hands, and feet.
when I danced solo in our Christmas party, I received a huge applause. my dance was video taped by 4 people and played over and over in our office.
of course, i practiced my dance for a long time. just like Olympians, it needs practice to attain perfection, skill, and artistry.
Self-expression and the appreciation of people for who they are and what they offer are beautiful human traits. May you always enjoy life, the arts, and honest expression...
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 6, 2014
dswaim_home wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-expression and the appreciation of people for who they are and what they offer are beautiful human traits. May you always enjoy life, the arts, and honest expression...
thank you.:) I am sure people love your arts and talents too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Outer Banks 26,950
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Just Think 685,857
Most likely scenario in Mayweather - McGregor f... 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min arrr 985,731
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min Siva 8,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,751
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
More from around the web